The Pens Are Staying in Da Burgh!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KaptainKorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 KaptainKorn
Member since 2005 • 673 Posts
Link

Oh my God, I can't remember the last time I was this happy! Years of doubt and arena issues and now I'll be watching Crosby, Malkin, Staal, and Recci tear it up in a brand new arena in Pittsburgh.

Screw Kansas City!

I knew in my heart that the NHL wouldn't let the Penguins leave the best market in the league. This calls for a celebration of monumentous proportions.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

HurricaneHugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 HurricaneHugo
Member since 2002 • 40807 Posts
Congrats to pitsburgh. :)
bunchofpixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bunchofpixels
Member since 2003 • 7049 Posts
Link

Oh my God, I can't remember the last time I was this happy! Years of doubt and arena issues and now I'll be watching Crosby, Malkin, Staal, and Recci tear it up in a brand new arena in Pittsburgh.

Screw Kansas City!

I knew in my heart that the NHL wouldn't let the Penguins leave the best market in the league. This calls for a celebration of monumentous proportions.

KaptainKorn
Best market in the league? I thought the Pens playing in Pittsburgh, not Detroit.
Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts
Yeah, I wouldn't call Pitt the best market, but congrats in keeping the Penguins :)
KaptainKorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 KaptainKorn
[QUOTE="KaptainKorn"]Link

Screw Kansas City!

bunchofpixels
Best market in the league? I thought the Pens playing in Pittsburgh, not Detroit.

What I meant was that even when they were slumping for the last 7 years, attendance was still at 96%. TV ratings per capita are higher in Pittsburgh than any other city. Kansas City has proven to be a graveyard for NHL franchises. Also, the Penguins are arguably the hottest team in hockey right now (a stretch of 30 points out of a possible 32 over 16 games two weeks ago) and look to be great in the future with the points leader (Crosby) and the rookie points leader (Malkin).
romocop33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 romocop33
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts
the people of pittsburgh should be embarrassed that the pens even got this close to leaving, especially with the year that they are having. i'm glad to hear that they're staying. the nhl wouldn't be the nhl without the pittsburgh penguins.
KaptainKorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KaptainKorn
the people of pittsburgh should be embarrassed that the pens even got this close to leaving, especially with the year that they are having. i'm glad to hear that they're staying. the nhl wouldn't be the nhl without the pittsburgh penguins.romocop33

This is entirely on Gov. Rendell. They've been working on the lease specifics for 7 years and he's a Philly homer and hates the western part of the state. Seriously, PA has the absolute worst politicians imaginable.
LOEAnubis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LOEAnubis
Member since 2002 • 12135 Posts

Yahoo!! Wow, I didn't have a chance to see the sports news yesterday but this is the best news I've seen in a while. Pens looking great this season, a team that wants to win, and the fans were getting loud chanting "Save our Pens" the past couple of home games. Now I'm super jacked up to watch tonight's Pens / Sabers game.

Best way to start a day ever... well sports wise that is. :)

hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 hockeyruler12
Member since 2005 • 8114 Posts
lol, Gene Wilder

btw im really glad they are staying in Pittsburg (they are my second favorite team after the stars)