Stafford V. Sanchez

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

Let the games begin!

I might be biased cuz I'm from Detroit but I still think Stafford is a better QB. Sanchez had the best running game in the league, one of the best O-Lines, and the best Defense. They made they're playoff push despite Sanchez, not because of him. With all those tools around him, he still had major rookie-struggles.

Stafford had a mediocre O-line, no running game, only 1 good receiver, and the worst Defense in history so he played from behind all year so the opposing D knew he'd be passing.

That's my piece, who's better?

flowersjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 flowersjf
Member since 2008 • 2856 Posts

Let the games begin!

I might be biased cuz I'm from Detroit but I still think Stafford is a better QB. Sanchez had the best running game in the league, one of the best O-Lines, and the best Defense. They made they're playoff push despite Sanchez, not because of him. With all those tools around him, he still had major rookie-struggles.

Stafford had a mediocre O-line, no running game, only 1 good receiver, and the worst Defense in history so he played from behind all year so the opposing D knew he'd be passing.

roboccs
I agree with you 100% and I'm a homer Vikings fan. Sanchez is getting way too much credit for the Jets' success. You pretty much nailed it right on the head, I think Stafford will have a better career than Sanchez IMO.
scarecrowM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 scarecrowM
Member since 2010 • 1066 Posts

Stafford, Sanchez is looking good just because of his team..

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#4 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts
Sanchez wouldn't have finished the game if he had a dislocated shoulder, Stafford would. Case closed.
scarecrowM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 scarecrowM
Member since 2010 • 1066 Posts

Sanchez wouldn't have finished the game if he had a dislocated shoulder, Stafford would. Case closed.CleanPlayer

very true

Yannakos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#6 Yannakos
Member since 2008 • 585 Posts

Let the games begin!

roboccs

Definately gotta go with Stafford.

And just from an avid football fan on the outside looking in... to be honest with you the Lions have improved a lot. A lot of people don't like talking about them for obvious reasons... but ill tell ya. They got some offensive weapons.

The Lions have Stafford, whom I wouldn't even compare Sanchez to, Sanchez struggled having a lot of really good things in place for him. Staffords future is bright.

Lions just added Nate Burelson, who I think will definately help out Megatron, and also don't sleep on Bryant Johnson... He's being put back in the slot, which is where he belongs, not a #2.

Also just picked up Jahvid Best in the draft along side Kevin Smith. I think theres alot of young talent that can improve this team out there... Thats my two cents.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#7 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts

I choose Stafford for two reasons. One, his performance at the end of the Cleveland game was one of the most gritty and even heroic things I have seen on the football field. Second, Sanchez will always look better because of the team around him, so it will be tougher to accurately gauge each passer.

M_1_A_M_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 M_1_A_M_I
Member since 2010 • 938 Posts

Sanchez and Stafford < Josh Freeman. Seriously though were is Freeman on this poll?? He will end up being better than both of them.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

I also think Stafford is better. The end of that Cleveland game was memorable and while I want to forget it. Sanchez isn't a bad Qb but the Jets had a great running game.

I'd like to see how both do this season and how they both improve from there rookie year.

ohjtbehaaave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 ohjtbehaaave
Member since 2002 • 2114 Posts

Is this what Lions fans need to make themselves feel better? lol

Sanchez is on a team that's heavy Run and Defense oriented. The Jets don't rely on or need the QB to win the game... they just need him to 'Manage' it and play smart. And Sanchez played pretty good down the stretch and in the Playoffs on the Road especially. They were actually a half away from the SB when P.Manning decided to go off for the Colts.

Talk to me when Stafford wins 2 road playoff games and isn't just compiling stats in Garbage time of a Lions blowout loss. Now if we are talking Fantasy Football production.... I'd say Stafford is easily the way to go with more weapons at WR... and most likely he'll be playing from behind. Otherwise he's proved nothing yet that says he'll be better than Sanchez in the long run. Sanchez actually has some meaningful W's under his belt for a rookie in pressure situations. The Lions haven't seen a pressure filled game since Barry Sanders was on the team. Ok... you can pick your Lions Pom Poms back up. :lol: And I actually pull for the Lions to win... but this comparing QB's is way to early to do.

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 CleanPlayer
If Sanchez was on the lions, he would be worse than Stafford. If Stafford was on the Jets, he would be better than Sanchez.
ohjtbehaaave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ohjtbehaaave
You have no proof that could back this up. Let's see how Stafford performs once the Lions play in a Playoff type atmosphere. I'm actually not sold on Sanchez... but he's got the W's under his belt in the big spot for a Rookie. It's easy playing QB for a bad team with no pressure like Stafford does.
SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 SaintBlaze
Member since 2007 • 7736 Posts

Let the games begin!

roboccs

I'm going with Stafford as well.

gatorforlife07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#14 gatorforlife07
Member since 2007 • 1098 Posts

I think Sanchez is overrated so I vote for Stafford

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 CleanPlayer
You have no proof that could back this up. Let's see how Stafford performs once the Lions play in a Playoff type atmosphere. I'm actually not sold on Sanchez... but he's got the W's under his belt in the big spot for a Rookie. It's easy playing QB for a bad team with no pressure like Stafford does. ohjtbehaaave
Sanchez is mediocore with a great o-line. He would be even worse with the Lion's o-line. I can't get over how overrated Sanchez is.
fastr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 fastr
Member since 2010 • 2100 Posts
Wow, wow.. no.. Sanchez all the way!!! haha no way, stafford is better.
jiggaloj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jiggaloj
Member since 2006 • 4345 Posts

If Sanchez was on the lions, he would be worse than Stafford. If Stafford was on the Jets, he would be better than Sanchez.CleanPlayer

Though I'm a Jets fan, I have to agree with you there. However, I think we can accurately judge who's better 2-3 years from now.

Not-A-Stalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Not-A-Stalker
Member since 2006 • 5165 Posts
I'm a Lions fan, so I have a clear bias. But Stafford showed flashes of brilliance last season, and he's got me really excited. He's got a ****ing ROCKET for an arm. I can't picture him turning into another Joey Harrington. Stafford made throws last year that would send Joey crying into his boyfriends arms. And with the addition of Burleson, and moving Bryant Johnson back to the slot (that's where he played in Arizona, yes?) he's got some nice weapons. And of course the Cleveland game... You can flash around your fancy playoff wins, Jets fans, I don't care. I don't even know what it feels like to have my team in the playoff hunt
ohjtbehaaave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ohjtbehaaave

[QUOTE="CleanPlayer"]If Sanchez was on the lions, he would be worse than Stafford. If Stafford was on the Jets, he would be better than Sanchez.jiggaloj

Though I'm a Jets fan, I have to agree with you there. However, I think we can accurately judge who's better 2-3 years from now.

Yeah... the real answer is wait and see. You don't judge QB's until they've been in the League for a while. If you go through the history of the NFL guys like P.Manning were awful as Rookies and were even benched like Troy Aikman.

These type arguments are a waste of time when you consider QB's like Trent Dilfer have won a SB. If Sanchez wins a SB with the Jets nobody is going to sit there asking... yeah but is he better than blah blah blah. Let Stafford and the Lions go win some games and be competitive before we put him in the HOF.

Yannakos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#20 Yannakos
Member since 2008 • 585 Posts

If Sanchez was on the lions, he would be worse than Stafford. If Stafford was on the Jets, he would be better than Sanchez.CleanPlayer

Well said.

Second_Rook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21 Second_Rook
Member since 2007 • 3680 Posts

Sanchez and Stafford < Josh Freeman. Seriously though were is Freeman on this poll?? He will end up being better than both of them.

M_1_A_M_I
Good one amigo.

I pick Stafford as the best of his class. The numbers between him and Sanchise (which is the worst nickname ever) were almost eerily close, however Stafford played ten games to Sanchez's fifteen, and was playing from behind the majority of the season. Kevin Smith provided next to nothing in the run game and their was no threat in the passing game to prevent double and even triple teams on Calvin Johnson, the only great player on the team. I like Stafford's chances to take a big step this year with the additions of Jahvid Best, Nate Burleson, and Tony Scheffler. He is on the rise whereas we are likely to see Sanchez plateau and settle into a role of game manager, which is fine, that's what some guys do for their team, in the long run though Stafford will be called upon to win games not just keep them from slipping away, and I believe given time he will do that.

ZombiefiedZomB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ZombiefiedZomB
Member since 2010 • 1746 Posts
Stafford will be better in the long run.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I think Sanchez is clearly the better player right now but they're both very good players

Stafford, because he went to Georgia and they DESTROY talent there, has a very bad habit of turning the ball over in important situations as the game goes on.

The stats speak for themselves why Sanchez is the better QB right now

Stafford's completion percentage goes down in the second half while Sanchez's goes up

Stafford has a 46.8 completion percentage in the last two minutes of each half while Sanchez has a completion percentage of 61.2

In the 4th quarter and down by 7 or fewer points Stafford has a completion percentage of 45% while Sanchez has a 55.8 percentage

Sanchez is the better QB right now, to say otherwise is to be wrong BUT Stafford is getting help losing his bad habits and is quickly getting the parts around him to be an even better QB.

Logan1616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Logan1616
Member since 2008 • 3424 Posts
I choose Stafford.
GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#25 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts
Stafford, because he went to Georgia and they DESTROY talent there, has a very bad habit of turning the ball over in important situations as the game goes on.Jaysonguy
Georgia has been destroying defensive talent. Stafford is an offensive player. Get your facts straight. lol
ohjtbehaaave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ohjtbehaaave

I need to see Stafford in a pressure situation to see how he performs. Playing for the Lions is like playing for the Pirates. No Pressure at all. At least Sanchez has performed well under the HUGE pressure of the playoffs... on the road no less. For a Rookie QB... that's pretty impressive. Just going on Stats of a guy like Stafford who plays on a losing team where there's never a pressure game and he pads stats against a Prevent defense half the game... just makes no sense. It's like the NBA guy who puts up 35 points a night because of garbage time and his team loses by 20 every game. Let's see how he performs when a game means something for once. Sanchez has already done that at least.

Let's see where these guys are in 4 or 5 years to judge who's better. Maybe the Lions will be a Playoff team by then. Maybe.

Logan1616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Logan1616
Member since 2008 • 3424 Posts

I need to see Stafford in a pressure situation to see how he performs. Playing for the Lions is like playing for the Pirates. No Pressure at all. At least Sanchez has performed well under the HUGE pressure of the playoffs... on the road no less. For a Rookie QB... that's pretty impressive. Just going on Stats of a guy like Stafford who plays on a losing team where there's never a pressure game and he pads stats against a Prevent defense half the game... just makes no sense. It's like the NBA guy who puts up 35 points a night because of garbage time and his team loses by 20 every game. Let's see how he performs when a game means something for once. Sanchez has already done that at least.

Let's see where these guys are in 4 or 5 years to judge who's better. Maybe the Lions will be a Playoff team by then. Maybe.

ohjtbehaaave
Haha, I like the Pirates analogy. :lol:
ohjtbehaaave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ohjtbehaaave

I have absolutely nothing against Stafford and hope he's successful... but it's really hard to base a players accomplishments and skills on compiling stats on a losing team playing meaningless games most of the year. It really is like a Pirates hitter who has 25 HR's in a season because they are always losing big and the opposing pitchers are just grooving fast balls down the middle that can be hit out. We still need to find out how Stafford performs in 'Prime Time' when the bright lights are turned on in a meaningful game. Until then... Lions Football is the same as Pirates Baseball! :)

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 CleanPlayer
Another thing I like about Stafford is he's an SEC QB. Not some frat- pretty boy USC QB.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jaysonguy

Another thing I like about Stafford is he's an SEC QB. Not some frat- pretty boy USC QB.CleanPlayer

So you like a QB with dramatically lower stats?

ohjtbehaaave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ohjtbehaaave
I don't know... Carson Palmer and Matt Cassel look pretty good for USC QB's. I love how all the decisions are being made on everything but what actually counts. Let's just forget Sanchez won 2 Road Playoff games and look for meaningless reasons to spin negatives on him. This thread is a waste really.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Jaysonguy

I don't know... Carson Palmer and Matt Cassel look pretty good for USC QB's. I love how all the decisions are being made on everything but what actually counts. Let's just forget Sanchez won 2 Road Playoff games and look for meaningless reasons to spin negatives on him. This thread is a waste really.ohjtbehaaave

That's why I broke down the meaningful stats

Who plays better in the second half? Sanchez

Who plays better in the last 2 mins of each half? Sanchez

Who plays better in the 4th down by a touchdown or less? Sanchez

SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SaintBlaze

I don't know... Carson Palmer and Matt Cassel look pretty good for USC QB's. I love how all the decisions are being made on everything but what actually counts. Let's just forget Sanchez won 2 Road Playoff games and look for meaningless reasons to spin negatives on him. This thread is a waste really.ohjtbehaaave

Let's also forget Sanchez played with the best O-line in the league while Stafford had one of the worst.

Let's also forget he (Sanchez) played with more weapons at his disposal.

Heck, let's forget that Shonne Greene and the defense were the main reasons why they won their playoff games.

You're acting as if Sanchez put the team on his back and rallied them to victory in the 4th quarter throughout the playoffs ala Peyton Manning. He didn't.

SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SaintBlaze

[QUOTE="ohjtbehaaave"]I don't know... Carson Palmer and Matt Cassel look pretty good for USC QB's. I love how all the decisions are being made on everything but what actually counts. Let's just forget Sanchez won 2 Road Playoff games and look for meaningless reasons to spin negatives on him. This thread is a waste really.Jaysonguy

Who has the best o-line in the league? Sanchez.

Who has more weapons at his disposal? Sanchez.

Who plays on the team with the best defense in the league? Sanchez.

Who plays on the team with the #1 rushing game in the league? Sanchez.

The Jets won the majority of their games last season in spite of Sanchez, not because of him.

ohjtbehaaave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ohjtbehaaave
I don't know about the weapons claim... I don't see a guy that scares teams like a Calvin Johnson on the Jets. Sanchez managed the playoff games and did what was asked to do and got the 2 Road W's. If we are going to take away a QB's W's because of what the rest of the team does... then I guess Eli Manning gets no credit for winning a SB because everyone knows the Giants SB run was all about their O line and defense and pass rush... and luckiest heave/prayer in the history of the NFL that was answered. If that ridiculously lucky catch/play doesn't happen... the Pats got 19-0 and win another SB. So yeah... it's pretty easy to spin things. I think most teams would be happy to be a half away from getting to the SB with a ROOKIE playing QB.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="ohjtbehaaave"]I don't know... Carson Palmer and Matt Cassel look pretty good for USC QB's. I love how all the decisions are being made on everything but what actually counts. Let's just forget Sanchez won 2 Road Playoff games and look for meaningless reasons to spin negatives on him. This thread is a waste really.SaintBlaze

Who has the best o-line in the league? Sanchez.

Who has more weapons at his disposal? Sanchez.

Who plays on the team with the best defense in the league? Sanchez.

Who plays on the team with the #1 rushing game in the league? Sanchez.

The Jets won the majority of their games last season in spite of Sanchez, not because of him.

Throw all that out the window because it means nothing

The stats I bring up is when the ball needs to go in the air who delivers it more often in pressure situations? Sanchez

I'm not talking about who had more yards or more INT's or who's team went the farthest with what players.

Heck comeing out of college Stafford wouldn't be able to run the Jets system because of his habit of turning the ball over in pressure situations. Sanchez on the other hand is playing in situations where every game means something and he's delivering at a much better rate then Stafford.

Both are good QB's but Sanchez is far and away the better QB, there's no argument against it because it all comes down to the stats and there's no arguing stats.

SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SaintBlaze

I don't know about the weapons claim... I don't see a guy that scares teams like a Calvin Johnson on the Jets. Sanchez managed the playoff games and did what was asked to do and got the 2 Road W's.

ohjtbehaaave

Right, Stafford had one weapon. Johnson was double covered every game and was dinged up for parts of the season. Yet Sanchez had great running backs to fall back on, more reliable receivers, and played behind a top tier o-line. But his stats across the baord were nearly dentical to Staffords, who played in 5 less games.

If we are going to take away a QB's W's because of what the rest of the team does... then I guess Eli Manning gets no credit for winning a SB because everyone knows the Giants SB run was all about their O line and defense and pass rush... and luckiest heave/prayer in the history of the NFL that was answered. If that ridiculously lucky catch/play doesn't happen... the Pats got 19-0 and win another SB. So yeah... it's pretty easy to spin things. I think most teams would be happy to be a half away from getting to the SB with a ROOKIE playing QB.ohjtbehaaave

No Eli gets credit, which is why he's got the Superbowl MVP sitting at home. He threw for 9-of-14 for 152 yards and two touchdowns in the 4th quarter. He played an integral role in the victory and was clutch when it mattered.

Those who say Stafford is better than Sanchez aren't spinning things. We're looking at the facts. Sanchez was in a much better sitaution, and one where he could have blown Stafford out of the water, yet he still played mediocre.

And most teams would be pretty happy to be a half away from the superbowl with the BEST defense in the league and the BEST running game in the league.

Great, they were close to the Superbowl. But they were close in spite of Sanchez, not because of it. I'm guessing you're a big Trent Dilfer fan too? He's got playoffs victories (like Sanchez) and a superbowl ring under his belt.

ohjtbehaaave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ohjtbehaaave
One last thing on criticizing Sanchez because he plays with a great D and top running game. You don't knock the QB for not putting up huge passing numbers because the team is Run and Defense oriented. It's like if you have Patrick Ewing at Center and run plays for other guys instead of going with your strength. Right now the Jets don't need Sanchez to be a gun slinger. Just avoid mistakes and play smart managing the game is his job. Some of you make like he's been in the NFL 5 years already. Give these young guys some time to mature a little.... especially at the QB position.
ohjtbehaaave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ohjtbehaaave
Eli gets credit for throwing the most memorable Hail Mary that was answered when it came down. other than that it was the Pass rush and D that got the Giants a SB. Period.
SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SaintBlaze

Throw all that out the window because it means nothing

Jaysonguy

No they mean something. Playing behind the best O-line means much less pressure and makes it easier to find recievers. Sanchez had the best in the league, Stafford had one of the worst. No QB can perform when he's lying flat on his back.

The stats I bring up is when the ball needs to go in the air who delivers it more often in pressure situations? Sanchez

I'm not talking about who had more yards or more INT's or who's team went the farthest with what players.

Heck comeing out of college Stafford wouldn't be able to run the Jets system because of his habit of turning the ball over in pressure situations. Sanchez on the other hand is playing in situations where every game means something and he's delivering at a much better rate then Stafford.

Both are good QB's but Sanchez is far and away the better QB, there's no argument against it because it all comes down to the stats and there's no arguing stats.

Jaysonguy

So Sanchez performs slightly better in pressure situations when he's playing behind the best O-line in the league and isn't getting blindsided by pass rushers? OMG!!! :roll:

The stats you mentioned mean squat when they're playing in polar opposite situations. When Sanchez lines up to take the snap, the defense is more worried about their rushing attack. When Stafford lines up to take the snap, THEY KNOW he's going to be throwing it.

Stafford > Sanchez. You keep arguing otherwise yet you keep overlooking that Stafford's production was smiliar to Sanchez's, but he played in 5 less games, had inferior protection, ONE weapon to work with, and a much inferior running game to fall back on.

SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SaintBlaze

One last thing on criticizing Sanchez because he plays with a great D and top running game. You don't knock the QB for not putting up huge passing numbers because the team is Run and Defense oriented. I

ohjtbehaaave

Except, that's the thing, he DIDN'T put up huge numbers. His stats across the baord were similar to Staford, yet he's played in a much more ideal situation AND played in more games.

t's like if you have Patrick Ewing at Center and run plays for other guys instead of going with your strength. Right now the Jets don't need Sanchez to be a gun slinger. Just avoid mistakes and play smart managing the game is his job. Some of you make like he's been in the NFL 5 years already. Give these young guys some time to mature a little.... especially at the QB position.ohjtbehaaave

The Jet's don't want Sanchez to be a gun slinger because he nearly cost them every game when they let him.

But, it's funny how you cite them wanting him to be a game managing QB, yet seem to constantly bring up their playofs victories. As if Sanchez suddenly became a focal point of them, when in fact his role was to just manage the game.

ohjtbehaaave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ohjtbehaaave
Talk to me about Stafford when he wins some meaningful games in pressure filled games. Not stats he's compiled in NO PRESSURE blowout losses where he pads stats against loose prevent defenses. Like I said before... it's easy playing for the Pirates with no pressure on you all season... try playing for the Yankees with everyone watching and the bright lights in your face and then we'll see what he's made of. Playing well in from of the 20 Lions fans doesn't count sorry.
SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SaintBlaze

Eli gets credit for throwing the most memorable Hail Mary that was answered when it came down. other than that it was the Pass rush and D that got the Giants a SB. Period.ohjtbehaaave

Eli also gets credit for playing smart and finding other players (like Steve Smith and David Tyree) when his main weapon was being shut down (Plaxico).

The defense was a key part of the victory, but they didn't come up in the clutch to snatch victory from the Patriots. Eli did. PERIOD.

SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SaintBlaze

Talk to me about Stafford when he wins some meaningful games in pressure filled games. Not stats he's compiled in NO PRESSURE blowout losses where he pads stats against loose prevent defenses.

ohjtbehaaave

Wow. You keep going back to this point. The whole point of the NFL is to WIN GAMES. It's not like the Lions went out there to lose on purpose. Stafford played with guts throughout the year and had the burden of winning games for a team that went 0-16 the season prior.

Talk to me when Sanchez plays a big role in a meaningful game, and ISN'T just relegated to managing the game and handing it off to the running back.

Like I said before... it's easy playing for the Pirates with no pressure on you all season... try playing for the Yankees with everyone watching and the bright lights in your face and then we'll see what he's made of. Playing well in from of the 20 Lions fans doesn't count sorry.ohjtbehaaave

So playing terrible on a good team makes Sanchez better? Okie dokie. :lol:

Also: Sanchez played under the pressure of the bright lights? Awesome, let's see him play under the pressure of pass rushers coming to lay him out because of a mediocre O-line (ala Stafford's situation).

ohjtbehaaave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ohjtbehaaave
I'm done arguing this. It's impossible to compare a rookie who won 2 road playoff games to a guy who plays in Garbage time like Stafford almost all of his games and pads his stats vs defenses willing to give up pass plays to run clock. It's also wrong to knock Sanchez when he plays in a system that's run first and counts on the D as it's game plan. It's also only one year. Sanchez has a long way to go before we know what he is. And let's be honest.... this is just another Giants fan that can't handle the fact the J-E-T-S are the team who finally have all the buzz in NY going into the season.
SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SaintBlaze

I'm done arguing this. It's impossible to compare a rookie who won 2 road playoff games to a guy who plays in Garbage time like Stafford almost all of his games and pads his stats vs defenses willing to give up pass plays to run clock. It's also wrong to knock Sanchez when he plays in a system that's run first and counts on the D as it's game plan. It's also only one year. Sanchez has a long way to go before we know what he is.

ohjtbehaaave

You're done arguing because your main point (that he won 2 playoff games) is terrible. Hell, you just contradicted your point in this very post. Why should those victories count on Sanchez's resume when they won IN SPITE OF HIM? Their game plan is to run first and be a dominant defense, we agree on that. So stop bringing up the playoff victories as a reason why Sanchez is better than Stafford, when his role was more Trent Dilfer than Peyton Manning in those wins.

And let's be honest.... this is just another Giants fan that can't handle the fact the J-E-T-S are the team who finally have all the buzz in NY going into the season.ohjtbehaaave

....wow, talk about bringing up irrelevant points. :lol:

1. I've got no problems with the Jets getting buzz. The Giants play in the NFC east, where the Cowboys almost always get buzz. I'm used to the media overlooking the Giants. They did the same during our Superbowl season. ;)

2. I wanted the Jets to do well last season. I've got no problem with the team. Just their insecure fans who try to get in the Giants' fans faces after ONE miracle season. Like you're doing right now by saying I can't "handle" the Jets getting attention. :lol:

3. Have fun with all that buzz and attention. God knows the it's the best thing to happen to you Jets fans this decade.

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 CleanPlayer

[QUOTE="CleanPlayer"]Another thing I like about Stafford is he's an SEC QB. Not some frat- pretty boy USC QB.Jaysonguy

So you like a QB with dramatically lower stats?

No, I like a QB who tries to win the game. Not to manage it so the defense bails them out.
ohjtbehaaave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ohjtbehaaave

A couple things. You keep saying the Jets won in the playoffs "In Spite of" Sanchez. That couldn't be further from the truth. As a matter of fact they would have made it to the SB if the D didn't fold up like a cheap suit in the 2nd half and allow P.Manning to carve them to pieces. Here is the reality of what Sanchez did in the Playoffs on the ROAD in front of LOUD HOSTILE crowds. Something Stafford has NEVER come close to playing in front of with all those empty seats in meaningless games in Detroit.

Yes, there is a HUGE difference as to how you perform once the game means something and when the pressure is on. Like I said in here before on here.... nobody cares about the NBA guy on the losing team who puts up 40 points in a game where the 2nd Half was all Garbage time in a 25 point loss. That's Staffords stats playing with the Lions. A Ton of QB's put up nice stats when the game is out of hand which is always with the Lions. Worthless stat line unless you play FF.

Now... outside of the Chargers game(who were flat out a better team) where ball control and eating clock was the game plan to win(where he still did throw a TD pass btw)... Sanchez in the Playoffs was FINE!

Sanchez against the Bengals- 12-15-182 yards. 1 TD that was a 45 Yarder to Keller. 0 INT's. He made Carson Palmer look like the Rookie in that game.

Sanchez agains the Colts- 17-30-257 yards. 2 TD's... one an 80 yard perfectly thrown Bomb to B.Edwards for six. 1 INT.

Like I said before the Colts loss goes on the D for becoming Swiss Cheese in the 2nd Half. So yeah... the Jets winning in Spite of Sanchez claim is total nonsense. The guy grew up and didn't play like a Rookie under the pressure of road playoff games. Until Stafford can accomplish something that's not in meaningless games in front of 20 Lions fans sleeping during garbage time... there's nothing to judge ands compare here.

And one last thing on Eli and the magical Giants SB year. Giants fans were running Eli out of town and HATED the guy that same exact year before the team all of a sudden clicked. My brother is the biggest Giants fan going and he was killing Eli for more than half that season as were all Giant fans. And guess what... he had a GREAT Defense with an amazing pass rush... and probably for that year the Best O line in the game. So let's calm down with trying to rip Sanchez in his ROOKIE year! The guy did just fine being thrown into the fire and under the pressure. I can list tons of QB's that were awful as Rookies that are ow in the HOF. So let's calm down all you Sanchez Haters.

SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SaintBlaze

A couple things. You keep saying the Jets won in the playoffs "In Spite of" Sanchez. That couldn't be further from the truth. As a matter of fact they would have made it to the SB if the D didn't fold up like a cheap suit in the 2nd half and allow P.Manning to carve them to pieces. Here is the reality of what Sanchez did in the Playoffs on the ROAD in front of LOUD HOSTILE crowds. Something Stafford has NEVER come close to playing in front of with all those empty seats in meaningless games in Detroit.

Yes, there is a HUGE difference as to how you perform once the game means something and when the pressure is on. Like I said in here before on here.... nobody cares about the NBA guy on the losing team who puts up 40 points in a game where the 2nd Half was all Garbage time in a 25 point loss. That's Staffords stats playing with the Lions. A Ton of QB's put up nice stats when the game is out of hand which is always with the Lions. Worthless stat line unless you play FF.

Now... outside of the Chargers game(who were flat out a better team) where ball control and eating clock was the game plan to win(where he still did throw a TD pass btw)... Sanchez in the Playoffs was FINE!

Sanchez against the Bengals- 12-15-182 yards. 1 TD that was a 45 Yarder to Keller. 0 INT's. He made Carson Palmer look like the Rookie in that game.

Sanchez agains the Colts- 17-30-257 yards. 2 TD's... one an 80 yard perfectly thrown Bomb to B.Edwards for six. 1 INT.

Like I said before the Colts loss goes on the D for becoming Swiss Cheese in the 2nd Half. So yeah... the Jets winning in Spite of Sanchez claim is total nonsense. The guy grew up and didn't play like a Rookie under the pressure of road playoff games. Until Stafford can accomplish something that's not in meaningless games in front of 20 Lions fans sleeping during garbage time... there's nothing to judge ands compare here.

And one last thing on Eli and the magical Giants SB year. Giants fans were running Eli out of town and HATED the guy that same exact year before the team all of a sudden clicked. My brother is the biggest Giants fan going and he was killing Eli for more than half that season as were all Giant fans. And guess what... he had a GREAT Defense with an amazing pass rush... and probably for that year the Best O line in the game. So let's calm down with trying to rip Sanchez in his ROOKIE year! The guy did just fine being thrown into the fire and under the pressure. I can list tons of QB's that were awful as Rookies that are ow in the HOF. So let's calm down all you Sanchez Haters.

ohjtbehaaave

I thought you were done arguing? :roll:

So Sanchez put up good stats as a game managing QB in the playoffs. Like I said, more Trent Dilfer than Peyton Manning. You were acting as if those 2 playoffs victories were all on Sanchez. That was not the case.

Until Sanchez can show guts and persevere like Stafford did under the duress of constant pressure due to a TERRIBLE O-line with barely a running game to fall back on, he'll be inferior to Stafford in my eyes.

And again, what does Eli have to do with this? Yes, he played mediocre to average at best before the superbowl season, but he got better. Who's saying Sanchez WON'T get better? Stop making dumb assumptions.

NO ONE is saying Sanchez will be terrible for ever, or that we hate Sanchez. Get that "Sanchez hater' crap out of here. We just believe Stafford is better.

What's even funnier is that you come to defend Sanchez from being ripped, and say "BUT.. BUT..IT'S HIS ROOKIE YEAR!!!1", yet in this whole thread you've been bashing Stafford when he was just a rookie too.

These are the facts: Sanchez played in a more ideal situation to succeed, and he played mediocre. Stafford was in the worst possible position for a rookie QB, and his numbers across the board were nearly identical to Sanchez's. So acting as if Sanchez blows Stafford out of the water is ludicrous.

Edit: Stop with that silly NBA comparison. If you want to go with that logic, than your Brook Lopez is a straight up scrub and isn't nearly the all star caliber player you claim he is. I mean, he DID put up meaningless stats on a terrible team, right? :roll: