SportsGamer's Madden NFL 09 Power Rankings

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#51 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

then how did the giants win the superbowl and the chargers ddnt even make it

hmmm... giants = #1

johnny4162

Dude, are you serious? Yeah the Giants won the super bowl, but they didn't have to go through as tough of teams to get to there. The Chargers play in the AFC which is the better overall conference (I'm a Niner fan so I don't like saying that but it's true). Sheesh.

Innovazero2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 Innovazero2000
Member since 2006 • 3159 Posts
for
[QUOTE="johnny4162"]

then how did the giants win the superbowl and the chargers ddnt even make it

hmmm... giants = #1

nickdastick

Dude, are you serious? Yeah the Giants won the super bowl, but they didn't have to go through as tough of teams to get to there. The Chargers play in the AFC which is the better overall conference (I'm a Niner fan so I don't like saying that but it's true). Sheesh.

just fyi the NFC was in a virtual deadlock last year record wise against AFC, so the AFC is not so superior. Also the Giants went through not one, but two 13-3 teams to get to the Super bowl.

The chargers were nothing special last year point blank.

As that said, talent wise...the giants are far from being number 1 and they lost quite a bit this year, they are a wild card team at best in 08-09.

Avatar image for killazunlimited
killazunlimited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 killazunlimited
Member since 2006 • 102 Posts
Patriots are #1 because of their dominant weapons on offense and even the same (but aging) dominant defense that helped with their 21st century dynasty. The Giants did win the Super Bowl, but it was still an UPSET and FLUKE knowing that it took a few miracle plays to WIN the Super Bowl.
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#55 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts

Patriots are #1 because of their dominant weapons on offense and even the same (but aging) dominant defense that helped with their 21st century dynasty. The Giants did win the Super Bowl, but it was still an UPSET and FLUKE knowing that it took a few miracle plays to WIN the Super Bowl.killazunlimited

Upset yes, fluke no. The Giants didnt just beat the patriots on a few plays, they played up to the patriots standards the entire game.

Avatar image for killazunlimited
killazunlimited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 killazunlimited
Member since 2006 • 102 Posts

[QUOTE="killazunlimited"]Patriots are #1 because of their dominant weapons on offense and even the same (but aging) dominant defense that helped with their 21st century dynasty. The Giants did win the Super Bowl, but it was still an UPSET and FLUKE knowing that it took a few miracle plays to WIN the Super Bowl.mrgab

Upset yes, fluke no. The Giants didnt just beat the patriots on a few plays, they played up to the patriots standards the entire game.

Yes, I know, but, why I said it was a FLUKE was because of the near-mistakes Eli Manning did in that game that could've gave the Patriots the WIN just like the perfect throw to Asante Samuel which he JUST dropped, the BLOWN coverage on Plaxico Burress, Eli just barely SLIPPING away from TWO tacklers to flea-flicker it up to no one except for David Tyree, an unknown receiver throughout the whole league just BARELY caught it, and Rodney Harrison just couldn't strip it away. But, the Giants did what they did in the playoffs to deserve that win, because they were rejuvenated after every loss and beat two 13-3 NFC teams en route to the Super Bowl. Going to the Super Bowl with an UNDEFEATED record is like EXTREME pressure on the Patriots.

mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#57 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts

That type of stuff happens in most games to every team. Peope dropped passes - Favre would have twice the INTs in his career if defenders could hold onto the ball. Blown coverage - guess if had been Moss, would had been great moves/speed by Moss to break away. And Eli dodged people trying to tackle him, thats extremely common in the NFL.

End result - Giants outplayed the Patriots, they were the better team that day. Thats it, no flukes, just outplayed them.

sean84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 sean84
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
well lol am a chargers fan so am happy wiff ur rankings lol butt raiders #7 lol well its not lik in real life cuz i wood rank them #32 lol