Refs fixing games again! Hand game 2 to Heat

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Xenogears_Rocks
Xenogears_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 Xenogears_Rocks
Member since 2009 • 712 Posts

I am in no way a Boston fan I'm a Denver Nugget fanatic! But I love basketball in general and watch it want to work in the NBA someday. But the refs of game 2 handed the Heat the game. I know there are lots of people who will say they won it whiny baby ect ect. But any honest or real person who watched that OT say Lebron miss 2 free throws Rondo make a fantastic layup. Then a couple mins in the refs take over. Rondo going to the basket got hit in the head by Dirtiest player in the East Dwayne Wade! Now I know he may have been trying to go for the ball but he missed. And got all head instead no foul WTF! So thats 2 points lost by Boston. Then at the other end Dirty old WADE kicks Garnet gets seperation and makes the basket you can't fing kick! But the best part was Garnet was called for a foul! So thats a 5 point swing right there! Refs wouldn't call a thing on the Heat! I"m just glad the Spurs are gonna kick some A in the finals! Anyways just needed to vent worst officiating in a long time well since the 5 techs from game 1 anyways!

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#2 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts
Rondo getting hit was a big miss by the refs, but the Wade play could have gone either way as Garnett was shoving him basically at the same time and in real time the shove was more obvious than the kick so I can see that one going Wade's way. So really, the Celtics lost by 4 and it should have been 2.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50676 Posts

Ya, the KG/Wade was too close both ways....which brings up why would KG get the foul?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
nba refs have clearly been favoring the heat so far. its awful to watch
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Chutebox

And to add to the whole NBA distrust, owners are extremely pissed off that NO go the first pick.

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#6 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts

Ya, the KG/Wade was too close both ways....which brings up why would KG get the foul?

Chutebox

It should have been a foul on Wade, but it wouldn't have mattered either way. Pierce played like a moron in the fourth quarter to foul out, and Miami wanted the game more. The refs made bad calls, but that always happens in basketball. The C's played arguably their best game of the season and lost.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

And to add to the whole NBA distrust, owners are extremely pissed off that NO go the first pick.

Chutebox
yea, that didnt looked fixed at all lol. its ok though because they're gonna blow the pick on unibrow
xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts
[QUOTE="Blueresident87"]

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

It should have been a foul on Wade, but it wouldn't have mattered either way. Pierce played like a moron in the fourth quarter to foul out, and Miami wanted the game more. The refs made bad calls, but that always happens in basketball. The C's played arguably their best game of the season and lost.

I'm sorry nothing for nothing, but pierce jumped straight up, which I think you are allowed to do. A call like that shouldn't have really been called considering wade was turned around on top of it. Just poor officiating.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Chutebox
[QUOTE="xscrapzx"][QUOTE="Blueresident87"]

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

I'm sorry nothing for nothing, but pierce jumped straight up, which I think you are allowed to do. A call like that shouldn't have really been called considering wade was turned around on top of it. Just poor officiating.

Ya, it shouldn't have been called. And I'm not saying the game was fixed. Those calls just pissed me off.
xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 xscrapzx

I mean I don't believe it is fixed either, but I mean the catering of the superstars has to end. I mean Lebron has played 92 minutes in this series and has 4 fouls! I mean 4 fouls! That is a joke considering how aggressive he is on offense and defense. Its ridiculous. Lebron is averaging 41 minutes and 1.8 fouls a game, I'm sorry but that is sickening.

Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jagged3dge
Member since 2008 • 3895 Posts
Wow for once LeBron isn't the most hated guy in a Heat uniform. "Dirty Old Wade" :lol:
Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

Free throws makes-attempts

Cs 26-29

Heat 31-47

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=320530014

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

Cs 26-29

Heat 31-47

Bikouchu35
ok....?
xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 xscrapzx
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="Bikouchu35"]

Cs 26-29

Heat 31-47

ok....?

I think the problem is that Labron had 24 of those 47. Thats an issue. I'm sorry but that dude always gets the calls, it gets real old.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DroidPhysX

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="Bikouchu35"]

Cs 26-29

Heat 31-47

xscrapzx

ok....?

I think the problem is that Labron had 24 of those 47. Thats an issue. I'm sorry but that dude always gets the calls, it gets real old.

Superstars get the calls.

Also, free throw disparty isn't new. Hell, Leon Powe had more free throws than the Laker team in game 2 of the '08 finals.

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 xscrapzx

[QUOTE="xscrapzx"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"] ok....?DroidPhysX

Also, free throw disparty isn't new. Hell, Leon Powe had more free throws than the Laker team in game 2 of the '08 finals.

Superstars should not get the calls. There is no reason that Lebron James with his aggressive play in the 93 minutes he has played thus far in this series to have 4 fouls. That is an embarrassment and shows the lack of crediability with this league.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DroidPhysX
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

[QUOTE="xscrapzx"] I think the problem is that Labron had 24 of those 47. Thats an issue. I'm sorry but that dude always gets the calls, it gets real old.xscrapzx

Superstars should not get the calls. There is no reason that Lebron James with his aggressive play in the 93 minutes he has played thus far in this series to have 4 fouls. That is an embarrassment and shows the lack of crediability with this league.

Nope. People watch the game for high profile superstars and that's why they get the calls. Start calling fouls and them and getting out of games faster would produce a domino effect in which their teams have a higher likelihood of getting ousted by an inferior team which drives ratings down the toilet. People like Boston vs. Miami in the ECF. People don't like the idea of Indiana vs. Philadelphia in the ECF.
Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jagged3dge
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

[QUOTE="xscrapzx"] I think the problem is that Labron had 24 of those 47. Thats an issue. I'm sorry but that dude always gets the calls, it gets real old.xscrapzx

Hahaha... Dude just go ahead and write a letter to the NBA. :lol:
xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 xscrapzx
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="xscrapzx"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"] Superstars get the calls.

Nope. People watch the game for high profile superstars and that's why they get the calls. Start calling fouls and them and getting out of games faster would produce a domino effect in which their teams have a higher likelihood of getting ousted by an inferior team which drives ratings down the toilet. People like Boston vs. Miami in the ECF. People don't like the idea of Indiana vs. Philadelphia in the ECF.

So hence the crediability of the game is lost, because there is none if refs are now controlling the game and not the players.
xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 xscrapzx
[QUOTE="Jagged3dge"][QUOTE="xscrapzx"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"] Superstars get the calls.

I wouldn't waste my time as the commisioner believes there is nothing wrong with the refs in the NBA. I gaurantee I will come on this forum this weekend and when calls are going for the Celtics on their home court, you will be sitting here complaining about how bad the officiating is.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DroidPhysX
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="xscrapzx"] Superstars should not get the calls. There is no reason that Lebron James with his aggressive play in the 93 minutes he has played thus far in this series to have 4 fouls. That is an embarrassment and shows the lack of crediability with this league.xscrapzx

So hence the crediability of the game is lost, because there is none if refs are now controlling the game and not the players.

And it's worth it considering the effect that if supposed lost credibility be restored, there would be more Philadelphia-Indiana esque series happening right now. It's all about generating revenue, and the league won't do that with the Pacers beating the Sixers 72-70 in an ECF game.
Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jagged3dge
[QUOTE="Jagged3dge"][QUOTE="xscrapzx"] Superstars should not get the calls. There is no reason that Lebron James with his aggressive play in the 93 minutes he has played thus far in this series to have 4 fouls. That is an embarrassment and shows the lack of crediability with this league.xscrapzx

I wouldn't waste my time as the commisioner believes there is nothing wrong with the refs in the NBA. I gaurantee I will come on this forum this weekend and when calls are going for the Celtics on their home court, you will be sitting here complaining about how bad the officiating is.

And what did you just prove....? That the game balances itself out, the celtics will get calls in TD Garden. They always do.
xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 xscrapzx

[QUOTE="xscrapzx"][QUOTE="Jagged3dge"] Hahaha... Dude just go ahead and write a letter to the NBA. :lol:Jagged3dge

And what did you just prove....? That the game balances itself out, the celtics will get calls in TD Garden. They always do.

It proved that officiating is horrible. I'm sorry but it's obvious that the NBA is in bed with Lebron. That they will do anything for to succeed. 93 minutes and 4 fouls? Are you kidding me? Paul Pierce Hall of Famer, was pretty agressive last night gets 6 free throws, and fouls out. Are you kidding me? It's a joke. A complete joke. Last night was terrible officiating, infact this whole series thus far has been one of the worst I have ever seen. 5 technicals fouls in the first game(1 is legit, I guess)? Are you serious? Any reasonable NBA fan would agree and say that the officiating has been terrible and has gone totally Miami's way. Sickening. almost 50 free throws last night. Yes some were because of foolish fouling by the celtics, but the rest are very questionable and ticky tack if anything. A missed call on Rondo ended up being a 5 point swing in the game that favored the Heat and won it for them.

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 xscrapzx
[QUOTE="xscrapzx"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"] Nope. People watch the game for high profile superstars and that's why they get the calls. Start calling fouls and them and getting out of games faster would produce a domino effect in which their teams have a higher likelihood of getting ousted by an inferior team which drives ratings down the toilet. People like Boston vs. Miami in the ECF. People don't like the idea of Indiana vs. Philadelphia in the ECF.DroidPhysX

And it's worth it considering the effect that if supposed lost credibility be restored, there would be more Philadelphia-Indiana esque series happening right now. It's all about generating revenue, and the league won't do that with the Pacers beating the Sixers 72-70 in an ECF game.

No not at all if you mean to tell me that Lebron needs calls to go his way in order to win, then maybe he isn't the great player we all think is then.
Racer_XLR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Racer_XLR
Member since 2008 • 21664 Posts
Superstars should not get the calls. There is no reason that Lebron James with his aggressive play in the 93 minutes he has played thus far in this series to have 4 fouls. That is an embarrassment and shows the lack of crediability with this league.xscrapzx
I know a few guys who don't give a damn about the Heat and will only watch them if Wade is playing, I am not joking. If he's gone, guess what, they' are not watching. Stars bring ratings, it's that simple man. Indiana, ahead of only the Nets, had the lowest attendance ratings all season, obviously not including the playoffs. What does that tell you?
Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jagged3dge

[QUOTE="Jagged3dge"][QUOTE="xscrapzx"] I wouldn't waste my time as the commisioner believes there is nothing wrong with the refs in the NBA. I gaurantee I will come on this forum this weekend and when calls are going for the Celtics on their home court, you will be sitting here complaining about how bad the officiating is. xscrapzx

It proved that officiating is horrible. I'm sorry but it's obvious that the NBA is in bed with Lebron. That they will do anything for to succeed. 93 minutes and 4 fouls? Are you kidding me? Paul Pierce Hall of Famer, was pretty agressive last night gets 6 free throws, and fouls out. Are you kidding me? It's a joke. A complete joke. Last night was terrible officiating, infact this whole series thus far has been one of the worst I have ever seen. 5 technicals fouls in the first game(1 is legit, I guess)? Are you serious? Any reasonable NBA fan would agree and say that the officiating has been terrible and has gone totally Miami's way. Sickening. almost 50 free throws last night. Yes some were because of foolish fouling by the celtics, but the rest are very questionable and ticky tack if anything. A missed call on Rondo ended up being a 5 point swing in the game that favored the Heat and won it for them.

Wow...are you on the brink of tears? Get over it. Things like this always happen in the nba. Bottom line is that these things always happen at home court arenas. Stop with the BS conspiracy theories about the league wanting LBJ to get a ring. You sound pathetic :lol:
Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

It seems to me that more people here care about superstars than the actual game of basketball itself. I don't see a problem with a 76ers-Pacers ECF, but the fact there are hardly any big names on both teams would make some people here support ref bias for superstar teams.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

[QUOTE="xscrapzx"]Superstars should not get the calls. There is no reason that Lebron James with his aggressive play in the 93 minutes he has played thus far in this series to have 4 fouls. That is an embarrassment and shows the lack of crediability with this league.Racer_XLR
I know a few guys who don't give a damn about the Heat and will only watch them if Wade is playing, I am not joking. If he's gone, guess what, they' are not watching. Stars bring ratings, it's that simple man. Indiana, ahead of only the Nets, had the lowest attendance ratings all season, obviously not including the playoffs. What does that tell you?

That doesn't mean it is right to treat superstars better. Every league does it but I don't even watch basketball a lot and it seems like the NBA do it more than anybody else.

Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Jagged3dge
[QUOTE="xscrapzx"]Superstars should not get the calls. There is no reason that Lebron James with his aggressive play in the 93 minutes he has played thus far in this series to have 4 fouls. That is an embarrassment and shows the lack of crediability with this league.Racer_XLR

Your right it's all about ratings... And yet the Spurs have continued to reach the nba finals despite them being known to decrease ratings. A thunder vs heat matchup would bring the league to new heights. Or how come a Kobe vs LeBron finals matchup was never arranged? Come on man.
Major_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Major_Snake
Member since 2007 • 5271 Posts

All this is ridiculous.

The Celtics handed the game to the Heat.

They had a big lead and blew it. Lebron and Wade couldn't seal the deal in regulation and Celtics didn't get the rebound to potentially get the last shot of the game.

Yeah there was a blown call on Rondo but that happens ALL THE TIME. And that Garnett Wade collision was clearly a foul and then Wade pushed off with his leg.

Celtics had their chances and blew it.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DroidPhysX
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="xscrapzx"] So hence the crediability of the game is lost, because there is none if refs are now controlling the game and not the players. xscrapzx

No not at all if you mean to tell me that Lebron needs calls to go his way in order to win, then maybe he isn't the great player we all think is then.

Not just LeBron. Kobe, Durant, Dwight, etc.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DroidPhysX

It seems to me that more people here care about superstars than the actual game of basketball itself. I don't see a problem with a 76ers-Pacers ECF, but the fact there are hardly any big names on both teams would make some people here support ref bias for superstar teams.

sherman-tank1
Ratings and revenue killer for the league.
Avatar image for UnknownSniper65
UnknownSniper65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 UnknownSniper65
Member since 2004 • 9238 Posts

Wouldn't be the first time a playoff game was rigged in one team's favor. Lebron and Wade can't foul out of a playoff game because the NBA wants them on the court. I'm sure they'd love to see them beat the spurs as well.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DroidPhysX

Wouldn't be the first time a playoff game was rigged in one team's favor. Lebron and Wade can't foul out of a playoff game because the NBA wants them on the court. I'm sure they'd love to see them beat the spurs as well.

UnknownSniper65
If the NBA was rigged, they wouldn't have the Spurs winning 4 times.
xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 xscrapzx
[QUOTE="Jagged3dge"][QUOTE="xscrapzx"]

And what did you just prove....? That the game balances itself out, the celtics will get calls in TD Garden. They always do.Jagged3dge

Wow...are you on the brink of tears? Get over it. Things like this always happen in the nba. Bottom line is that these things always happen at home court arenas. Stop with the BS conspiracy theories about the league wanting LBJ to get a ring. You sound pathetic :lol:

Ok so a guy who gaurds 5 positions, plays as many minutes as he does, only comes away with 2 fouls? Are you kidding me? Its rediculous. I'm sorry, I'm far from tears pal, I have more things to worry about than how many fouls Lebron James gets, but at the end of the end I love sports and I'm sorry but the NBA has the worst officiating in all of sports. For a guy as aggressive as Lebron James has 9 fouls in 8 games. That is rediculous.
xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 xscrapzx
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="UnknownSniper65"]

What you are saying is that they are rigged. You are claiming they purposely don't make calls and favor calls for particular players for revenues, is that not a form of a game being rigged?
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DroidPhysX
[QUOTE="xscrapzx"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="UnknownSniper65"]

What you are saying is that they are rigged. You are claiming they purposely don't make calls and favor calls for particular players for revenues, is that not a form of a game being rigged?

That's my theory. I didn't say it was correct.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Chutebox
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="xscrapzx"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"] Superstars get the calls.

So you know and agree NBA is a sham?
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Chutebox
[QUOTE="xscrapzx"][QUOTE="Jagged3dge"] Hahaha... Dude just go ahead and write a letter to the NBA. :lol:Jagged3dge

But that shouldn't be the case. It's just stupid. I'm not gonna sit here and act like Lakers, or any other team doesn't get the same treatment. But it's hard to stomach the treatment other teams get when compared to these teams. NBA is going to end up exposed big time I think and it will demolish all the revenue they are getting from this BS.
xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 xscrapzx
[QUOTE="xscrapzx"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"] If the NBA was rigged, they wouldn't have the Spurs winning 4 times.DroidPhysX

That's my theory. I didn't say it was correct.

If anything the league needs series to go 7 games or they lose the money from advertisers. I do agree with the superstar catering in that they are giving the benefit of the doubt on a lot of calls because of what they do on the court and if they aren't able to do what they usually do then there must have been something that prohibited them from doing so, therefore a foul is called. The problem with that is it is getting out of hand. I mean 24 free throws for one player is ridiculous. That is more than half than what all of the Celtics had combined last night and the Celtics were agressive on top of that. My whole point it was a joke and the officiating is terrible and need to tone it down a bit with some of the superstars and the calls they get.
Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Jagged3dge

Let's be real here guys. If the shoe was on the other foot and the celtics won the game by having a call go their way then there would be none of this butthurt.

but keep saying boston lost because of simply a single call :lol:

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Chutebox

Let's be real here guys. If the shoe was on the other foot and the celtics won the game by having a call go their way then there would be none of this butthurt.

Jagged3dge

I can't stand Boston. You're wrong and I don't think many people made that claim.

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 xscrapzx
[QUOTE="Jagged3dge"]

You do understand that was a 4 point swing in a overtime game with a 1:27 left right? You do understand that the Celtics would have been up 2 points instead of down 2 right? That is huge. Its laughable hearing what you are saying right now, we will see what your reactions are come Monday if the results are reversed. Bottom line is of course you don't have an issue with your team shooting 47 free throws. What a joke. If the Celtics went to the line that much I would atleast have to say that was a little over done
Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Jagged3dge

[QUOTE="Jagged3dge"]

Chutebox

I can't stand Boston. You're wrong and I don't think many people made that claim.

I'm just calling it like I see it. A lot of people are acting as if something like this has never happened in the nba and its some horrible issue now that it worked in the Heat's favor :lol:

Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Jagged3dge
[QUOTE="xscrapzx"][QUOTE="Jagged3dge"]

You do understand that was a 4 point swing in a overtime game with a 1:27 left right? You do understand that the Celtics would have been up 2 points instead of down 2 right? That is huge. Its laughable hearing what you are saying right now, we will see what your reactions are come Monday if the results are reversed. Bottom line is of course you don't have an issue with your team shooting 47 free throws. What a joke. If the Celtics went to the line that much I would atleast have to say that was a little over done

It's laughable that your blowing this up like its never happened before. You keep saying that I would be mourning all over the forums like you if my team had an unfair call go their way. And honestly I wouldn't because I know bs like this occurs all the time in the nba and there is nothing that can be done. Boston shouldn't have let it come down to one play.
UnknownSniper65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 UnknownSniper65

Jagged3dge

Okay.

Boston lost because of a single call.

Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Jagged3dge

[QUOTE="Jagged3dge"]

UnknownSniper65

Okay.

And they'll remain down 0-2
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DroidPhysX
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="xscrapzx"] Superstars should not get the calls. There is no reason that Lebron James with his aggressive play in the 93 minutes he has played thus far in this series to have 4 fouls. That is an embarrassment and shows the lack of crediability with this league.

So you know and agree NBA is a sham?

I obviously don't know for lack of proof obviously. But that's what I indeed think.
UnknownSniper65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 UnknownSniper65

[QUOTE="UnknownSniper65"]

[QUOTE="Jagged3dge"]

Jagged3dge

Okay.

And they'll remain down 0-2

Boston lost because of a single call still

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

DroidPhysX

Ratings and revenue killer for the league.

Do you support NBA bias? The games aren't rigged but obviously there is bias involved.