Official March Madness Selection Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 CJL13
Member since 2005 • 19137 Posts
Keep it in here.
Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts
UNC wins the ACC tournament, should be one of the four #1 seeds going into the NCAA tourney.
Tking1293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#3 Tking1293
Member since 2006 • 1222 Posts
IU didn't win in the Big Ten Tournament, but they had a good season otherwise. It'll be a shame if they don't get picked this year.
CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CJL13
How are Florida and North Carolina #1 seeds?!
Tophery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Tophery
Member since 2006 • 210 Posts
Go Gators!
Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ngamer05
The four #1 seeds are UNC, Florida, Ohio St., and Kansas
Tophery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Tophery
How are Florida and North Carolina #1 seeds?!CJL13

Who else is more deserving? UCLA? Wisconsin? Methinks not.
Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ngamer05

How are Florida and North Carolina #1 seeds?!CJL13

I think the two bubble teams that are worhty of a #1 seed are UCLA and Wisconsin. I think Digger siad it best when he said the four teams that are the #1 seeds won their respective Conference Tournament and UCLA and Wisconsin did not.

CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CJL13

[QUOTE="CJL13"]How are Florida and North Carolina #1 seeds?!Tophery

Wisconsin had one bad game, Florida lost 2 at the end of the regular season. I understand UCLA. And how are you and NC ahead of OSU?

Tophery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Tophery

[QUOTE="Tophery"][QUOTE="CJL13"]How are Florida and North Carolina #1 seeds?!CJL13

Wisconsin had one bad game, Florida lost 2 at the end of the regular season. I understand UCLA. And how are you and NC ahead of OSU?

"Wisconsin had one bad game" - A twenty point loss in the final game of the season is not a bad game, it's awful.

"Florida lost 2 at the end of the regular season" - They did the exact same thing last year and went on to win the NC. They returned all 5 starters from that NC team. They weren't even behind at any point in the SEC tourney. Plus they won all tourney games by at least 19 points.

"And how are you and NC ahead of OSU?" - We destroyed OSU by 25 points last December.

I rest my case.

ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#11 ocdog45
Member since 2005 • 9072 Posts
my hoyas are going to win the east hands down!!
CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CJL13
[QUOTE="CJL13"]

[QUOTE="Tophery"][QUOTE="CJL13"]How are Florida and North Carolina #1 seeds?!Tophery

"Wisconsin had one bad game" - A twenty point loss in the final game of the season is not a bad game, it's awful.

"Florida lost 2 at the end of the regular season" - They did the exact same thing last year and went on to win the NC. They returned all 5 starters from that NC team. They weren't even behind at any point in the SEC tourney. Plus they won all tourney games by at least 19 points.

"And how are you and NC ahead of OSU?" - We destroyed OSU by 25 points last December.

I rest my case.

To the #1 team in the nation, who were your losses to? History doesn't mean jack, it's this season that counts, the teams you faced in the tourney weren't exactly great either. At least we're in the same region so we can take you down ourselves.

The_Zoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 The_Zoid
Member since 2006 • 59984 Posts
I disagree with the a lot of the bracket. OSU and KU #3 and #4 1 seeds respectively? UF #1 Overall? UNC even a #1 seed? UCLA not? It doesn't matter to me though, you play who you play regardless.
Avatar image for thetombradyhate
thetombradyhate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 thetombradyhate
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts
I am pissed, Syracuse got left out that was total BS
kdt55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 kdt55
Member since 2004 • 2525 Posts
I can't wait for Thurs and Fri.  This is the greatest sports spectacle hands down.  Prediction of the day:  VCU over Duke.
EmoPWNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 EmoPWNS
Member since 2006 • 703 Posts

Winthrop vs. Notre Dame should be best 1st round game imo

USC vs. Texas in round 2 should be amazing!

It's a great time of the year.

hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hockey73
Member since 2005 • 8281 Posts
Damn Air Force didn't make it in, they had to go on a horrible stretch the last 5 games. I think they even got knocked out the first game of there tournament.
chestnutz6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 chestnutz6
Member since 2006 • 1702 Posts

I am pissed, Syracuse got left out that was total BSthetombradyhate

agreed! this is the most pissed I've been since January (when my eaglels lost to the saints). Arkansas?! Xavier?! HOW ARE THOSE TWO TEAMS IN BUT NOT SYRACUSE. arkansas finished like 7-9 in the SEC WEST! The arguably worst conference in all of everything. They didnt do anything in the regular season.

This will actually give me a reason to watch the NIT now..........which I'd rather not

crushed21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 crushed21
Member since 2005 • 2869 Posts
ohio state should've been the the number one overall seed.  they lost three games, all on the road and all against great teams.  they won their conference and conference tournament and they've won 17 straight games.  not a big deal though, i think ohio state has the easiest road to the final four so i can't complain.
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts
my hoyas are going to win the east hands down!!ocdog45

Easy now. You better watch out for BC in the 2nd round.

And yes USC and Texas should be good in round 2, but Texas will take that cake home.
The_Zoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 The_Zoid
Member since 2006 • 59984 Posts
Syracuse not getting in was a joke.
Decessus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -5

#22 Decessus
Member since 2003 • 5132 Posts
[QUOTE="CJL13"]How are Florida and North Carolina #1 seeds?!Tophery

Look, I don't know that I agree that Ohio State should be the overall #1 seed, but there is no way Florida should have gotten it.  If you're objective about it, there is absolutely no way you can disagree with this.

Decessus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -5

#23 Decessus
Member since 2003 • 5132 Posts
ohio state should've been the the number one overall seed. they lost three games, all on the road and all against great teams. they won their conference and conference tournament and they've won 17 straight games. not a big deal though, i think ohio state has the easiest road to the final four so i can't complain.crushed21

I think what hurt my Buckeyes was the fact that we didn't do much in our out of conference schedule, and the Big Ten is having a down year so winning that didn't really impress the committee.  I think it also hurt us that our tournament game was played so late.
geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 geaux321
Member since 2003 • 19424 Posts

[QUOTE="thetombradyhate"]I am pissed, Syracuse got left out that was total BSchestnutz6

agreed! this is the most pissed I've been since January (when my eaglels lost to the saints). Arkansas?! Xavier?! HOW ARE THOSE TWO TEAMS IN BUT NOT SYRACUSE. arkansas finished like 7-9 in the SEC WEST! The arguably worst conference in all of everything. They didnt do anything in the regular season.

This will actually give me a reason to watch the NIT now..........which I'd rather not

The SEC is the worst? The RPI doesn't seem to think so. Link
Also, if they're the worst in everything, why did they win the National Championship game in football, and basketball last year.  That being said, Arkansas is terrible and I don't think they should have gotten in either.

surid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 surid
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts
Even though im a Wolverine fan, im gonna go for the spartans 
hoop_hard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 hoop_hard
Member since 2005 • 20418 Posts
I hope, Cal State Fullerton Makes it.
chestnutz6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 chestnutz6
[QUOTE="chestnutz6"]

[QUOTE="thetombradyhate"]I am pissed, Syracuse got left out that was total BSgeaux321

Also, if they're the worst in everything, why did they win the National Championship game in football, and basketball last year.  That being said, Arkansas is terrible and I don't think they should have gotten in either.

WTF does football have to do with anything? RPI means nothing, no one likes it, it's just another stat people like to look at for no reason. And I dont mean the whole SEC is the worst, I mean the SEC WEST is the worst. Most experts would agree that the SEC West is absolutely horrible this year, and the fact that arkansas with 7-9 in that division and got in is just unheard of

geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 geaux321
Member since 2003 • 19424 Posts
[QUOTE="geaux321"][QUOTE="chestnutz6"]

[QUOTE="thetombradyhate"]I am pissed, Syracuse got left out that was total BSchestnutz6

Also, if they're the worst in everything, why did they win the National Championship game in football, and basketball last year. That being said, Arkansas is terrible and I don't think they should have gotten in either.

WTF does football have to do with anything? RPI means nothing, no one likes it, it's just another stat people like to look at for no reason. And I dont mean the whole SEC is the worst, I mean the SEC WEST is the worst. Most experts would agree that the SEC West is absolutely horrible this year, and the fact that arkansas with 7-9 in that division and got in is just unheard of

You said the worst conference in all of everything.
mxd73711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mxd73711
Member since 2006 • 424 Posts
[QUOTE="ocdog45"]my hoyas are going to win the east hands down!!Espurs117

And yes USC and Texas should be good in round 2, but Texas will take that cake home.

BC will be out in the first because Texas Tech can absolutely go lights out, which I think they will. I also, for some reason, think that Georgia Tech is gonna upset Wisconsin in the second round. Wisconsin can't shoot the three, and if Taylor or Tucker isn't playing well, they will be in trouble. Georgia Tech has three guys who shoot the three with over forty percent accuracy, and they've won seven of their past ten. Georgia Tech is dangerous.
chestnutz6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 chestnutz6
[QUOTE="chestnutz6"][QUOTE="geaux321"][QUOTE="chestnutz6"]

[QUOTE="thetombradyhate"]I am pissed, Syracuse got left out that was total BSgeaux321

Also, if they're the worst in everything, why did they win the National Championship game in football, and basketball last year. That being said, Arkansas is terrible and I don't think they should have gotten in either.

You said the worst conference in all of everything.

my bad was pissed off when I wrote that so took my anger out on the SEC :D

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#31 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

[QUOTE="CJL13"]How are Florida and North Carolina #1 seeds?!Ngamer05

I think the two bubble teams that are worhty of a #1 seed are UCLA and Wisconsin. I think Digger siad it best when he said the four teams that are the #1 seeds won their respective Conference Tournament and UCLA and Wisconsin did not.

I agree. That is how Florida and UNC seperated themselves from UCLA and Wisconsin.
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#32 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts
[QUOTE="ocdog45"]my hoyas are going to win the east hands down!!Espurs117

Nothing against Texas (I mean, Durant is a total freak of nature!!!) but I think if those two meet 2nd round, it could be very good because when USC shows up, they really show up! I would like to see Durant and the Longhorns go far in the tourney though because they can take on anyone when Durant is feeling it. I just want to see my BYU Cougars go up against Ohio State in the second round! I don't think there is any way they can shut down Oden but it would be AWESOME to get to see them try! Plus, they have a lot of really good shooters so if they got hot it could be a very fun game to watch!