NE won b/c they were lucky tonight

• 94 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 manningbowl135
Member since 2006 • 7457 Posts

You can disagree and say I'm only saying this b/c I'm a Colts fan. I don't care. They won b/c they were lucky. Ravens were the better team all night and the Patriots won b/c they were luckier. 4th and 1, you lose a yard. Turnovers on down, game over. But no! You get another shot b/c your own player had a false start! Your mistake just turned into a godsend.

I no longer think the Pats are even in the discussion for greatest team ever or greatest offense ever anymore. I honestly, as a football fan, don't.

Roland1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Roland1987
Member since 2004 • 3038 Posts
They won because of luck, yes, but the to be good you have to be lucky sometimes. I can't believe they made a stand on 4th but they called a timeout on the sideline...there was no confusion on the line, i don't see why someone felt the time out was needed...
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts

Is it just me or did the refs really want NE to score on that last drive? It's like they got together and said: "No matter what happens, we cannot let NE turn the ball over on downs. Call something on 4th down."

Man, I hate the Patriots.

twopic58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 twopic58
Member since 2007 • 3710 Posts
Yes that was a lucky win. But they are still undefeated and most of that was not luck.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

Is it just me or did the refs really want NE to score on that last drive? It's like they got together and said: "No matter what happens, we cannot let NE turn the ball over on downs. Call something on 4th down."

Man, I hate the Patriots.

murlow12

I felt the same exact way, but figured that it might just be because I really hate the Patriots, and was caught up in the heat of it all.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Just_Osmo
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts
A win is a win. Even if it was embarising.
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Just_Osmo
PS: Ravens were baby at the end of this game. They looked like little children.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JML897

A win is a win. Even if it was embarising.Just_Osmo

That's two weeks in a row, though. A few weeks ago, I thought the Pats were going undefeated all the way -- now, I think someone is definitely going to take them down sometime.

Roland1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Roland1987

PS: Ravens were baby at the end of this game. They looked like little children.Just_Osmo

On soem level you can't even blame them...the defense won the game for Baltimore and then their head coach took it away, there was no reason for that timeout to be called on that 4th down stand...as a player, how are you supposed to react, they are out there to play and they get the game stolen from them by the coach...

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 manningbowl135

Lol funny last play.

Earlier in the season, many people said the Pats were on another level. Noone even comes close. After watching the last two games, I think any team has a legitimate shot at them just like any other team in the NFL. There won't be any more 22 point spreads in their games I can gurantee you that.

Even if they won, I'm pretty happy. They looked very beatable once again for the second straight game. I don't think it's a formula, but that offense seems to go as Randy goes. Whatever happens, the season will get a whole lot interesting now.

Roland1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Roland1987

[QUOTE="Just_Osmo"]A win is a win. Even if it was embarising.JML897

That's two weeks in a row, though. A few weeks ago, I thought the Pats were going undefeated all the way -- now, I think someone is definitely going to take them down sometime.

I'd like to see it...i think the nice thing is that the last couple weeks the Pats haven't been dominating so the bandwagon is starting to empty out (although it is still full...gotta love fairweather fans in any sport...)

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 tekmojo
Member since 2006 • 1425 Posts
watched the whole game, no comment...
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JML897
If anyone knows any Raven fans, call or e-mail them to make sure they're okay.
rudyfan04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 rudyfan04
Member since 2004 • 4448 Posts
I must say I am a COWBOYS fan, not a Pats or Ravens fan. I am though a FOOTBALL fan, and I must say when the Cowboys lose I get pissed, but I got pissed watching this game. Why? The refs. To be honest its not just this game but a lot of games recently. I mean some of those calls were absolutely rediculous. For example yesterday in the Steelers game, the Bengals had just sacked Ben and got a safetybut WAIT, someone was holding Hines Ward. Total bs, he would have never thrown it to him anyways because someone was covering him underneath as well. I hate how refs have to dictate the games with penalties. I mean go and flag him if someone yanks a facemask, or does clipping intentionally. There shouldn't ever be a "controversial" penalty. Watch a game with 25 penalties and watch a game with 5. The one with 5 in my opinion is way more enjoyable.
lordsettra12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lordsettra12
Member since 2005 • 4213 Posts

My dad kept telling me all year the patriots would wear down at the end. And I'm starting to see that happen. Well that's good the cowboys can get the superbowl win now.

Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts

A win is a win. Even if it was embarising.Just_Osmo

Id like to see some of your quotes when Dallas played Buffalo.

Anyways, Luck is an understatement.

sbellows1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sbellows1
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
the pats were not lucky... they are a dominant team, and there were no bad calls on that last drive. Baltimore screwed themselves over by calling that time out, thats not the refs fault.
Roland1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Roland1987

I must say I am a COWBOYS fan, not a Pats or Ravens fan. I am though a FOOTBALL fan, and I must say when the Cowboys lose I get pissed, but I got pissed watching this game. Why? The refs. To be honest its not just this game but a lot of games recently. I mean some of those calls were absolutely rediculous. For example yesterday in the Steelers game, the Bengals had just sacked Ben and got a safetybut WAIT, someone was holding Hines Ward. Total bs, he would have never thrown it to him anyways because someone was covering him underneath as well. I hate how refs have to dictate the games with penalties. I mean go and flag him if someone yanks a facemask, or does clipping intentionally. There shouldn't ever be a "controversial" penalty. Watch a game with 25 penalties and watch a game with 5. The one with 5 in my opinion is way more enjoyable.rudyfan04

I agree...but really, the refs have to call (most) of the bad calls...i hate to see a huge, amazing play wiped away because of holding or something that is completley unrelated to the play. They have to call it because obviously if penalaties are subjective and the refs have to decide if a penalty would effect the play more problems will arise. I just wish they would let the players play.

It's horrible to see the refs win or lose a game.

Avatar image for BeanTownBrown86
BeanTownBrown86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BeanTownBrown86
Member since 2005 • 3654 Posts
dont blame the refs, blame the ravens poor play calling and lack of discipline
dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
Luck. Luck. Patriots have four more weeks to improve themselves and need to see that there is competition out there. Well, not to diminish the embarrassment, but Patriots did play Primtime at Baltimore.
manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 manningbowl135

My dad kept telling me all year the patriots would wear down at the end. And I'm starting to see that happen. Well that's good the cowboys can get the superbowl win now.

lordsettra12

Yea you heard the news about the Colts not existing too huh? I'm pretty bummed, really thought they existed.

Roland1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Roland1987

the pats were not lucky... they are a dominant team, and there were no bad calls on that last drive. Baltimore screwed themselves over by calling that time out, thats not the refs fault.sbellows1

Yes, that was a huge screw up on the coaches part...but to say the Pats were dominant? We you watching a game from the start of the season or this game? When Brady is throwing 70 or 80% and 5 or 6 touchdowns they are dominating. When Brady is throwing 50% and it coems down to the wire like it did tonight, the Pats are just getting by...this is the second week in a row that they have looked very, very beatable, they are just keeping up with their opponents, not dominating...My dream would be to see the Dolphins knowck out the Pats, i'm not a fan of either team, but i can hardly imagine the beauty of such a situation...

Soulja_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Soulja_West
Member since 2003 • 15084 Posts

You can disagree and say I'm only saying this b/c I'm a Colts fan. I don't care. They won b/c they were lucky. Ravens were the better team all night and the Patriots won b/c they were luckier. 4th and 1, you lose a yard. Turnovers on down, game over. But no! You get another shot b/c your own player had a false start! Your mistake just turned into a godsend.

I no longer think the Pats are even in the discussion for greatest team ever or greatest offense ever anymore. I honestly, as a football fan, don't.

manningbowl135

Damage Control at its finest. The patriots won. Get over it.

Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#24 Cube_of_MooN
Member since 2005 • 9286 Posts

To be honest, every call the refs made in my mind was legit. I have heard complaints about how the holding call at the end never happened, but if you look at the replay, it did. Baltimore shot itself in the foot calling that timeout. The false start really was dumb luck, but really, lucky plays happen. And if the Ravens were really the better team, what was with all the three-and-outs in the fourth quarter, what was with the penalties, what was with the interception?

I have to give Baltimore credit though, they played with intensity I have rarely ever seen. When they said it was their Super Bowl, they meant it. So much for the 20 point spread, huh?

12-0 and going into a even tougher game next week. I am, however, more concerned that the Pats secure home field throughout the playoffs, which two more wins will secure.

Soulja_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Soulja_West

[QUOTE="sbellows1"]the pats were not lucky... they are a dominant team, and there were no bad calls on that last drive. Baltimore screwed themselves over by calling that time out, thats not the refs fault.Roland1987

Yes, that was a huge screw up on the coaches part...but to say the Pats were dominant? We you watching a game from the start of the season or this game? When Brady is throwing 70 or 80% and 5 or 6 touchdowns they are dominating. When Brady is throwing 50% and it coems down to the wire like it did tonight, the Pats are just getting by...this is the second week in a row that they have looked very, very beatable, they are just keeping up with their opponents, not dominating...My dream would be to see the Dolphins knowck out the Pats, i'm not a fan of either team, but i can hardly imagine the beauty of such a situation...

Just like they did the 12 teams that they've played :lol:

-PS360FTW-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 -PS360FTW-
Member since 2007 • 628 Posts

I agree

I could care less if they go undeafeated now

hmac777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hmac777
Member since 2007 • 1351 Posts

Football is a game of rules. People say Belicheck cheated at the beginning of the season etc. But when refs throwflags, itsalso becuzpeople are cheating. No double standards, everyone gets their due. Penalties can be as important as anything in football.

N15PCA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 N15PCA
Member since 2006 • 261 Posts

If they get pass the Steelers next week is going to come down to the Giants to beat them the last game of the season. That might happen. The Pats might not have anything to play for has far has the 1 seed gose in the AFC at the point. That might not be the case for the NY Giants who might have to win that game to get into the playoffs.

Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Cube_of_MooN

If they get pass the Steelers next week is going to come down to the Giants to beat them the last game of the season. That might happen. The Pats might not have anything to play for has far has the 1 seed gose in the AFC at the point. That might not be the case for the NY Giants who might have to win that game to get into the playoffs.

N15PCA

Well if the Giants can pull a few more games out they can secure a wild card berth, probably #5 seed. If that's done, and already clinched, maybe they won't try as hard. We really have to see the next upcoming weeks first to make an accurate prediction on that game.

mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#30 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts

Well even the best teams will win a game here and there by good fortune or even fluke. Just look at that Yankee team with the kid that caught the ball against the Orioles, Jeffry Mayer or whatever.

But does seem the Patriots are playing down as basically waiting till playoffs start, maybe a little bored.

conman12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 conman12345
Member since 2007 • 121 Posts
they might have one on luck for one night but they are a very very good team.
oo769er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 oo769er
Member since 2003 • 2539 Posts
I was sure Pats were going to be undefeated this season, but after the last two weeks i don't think they will make it.
cvasquez311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 cvasquez311
Member since 2004 • 962 Posts

it would be funny and poetic if the dolphins (0-12) were the first to take them down.

it would be poetic

Soulja_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Soulja_West

it would be funny and poetic if the dolphins (0-12) were the first to take them down.

it would be poetic

cvasquez311

That will never happen. The patriots already played teh dolphins and you know how that turned out.

Solid_Snake_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Solid_Snake_7
Member since 2004 • 3398 Posts

This is what i think. Baltimore played better the whole game, the Patriots basically stole the game. The refs made all the right calls at the end. Everyone keeps talking about the timeout that was taken and now they're gonna say blame the coach. I think the reason he took the timeout was because it was 4th and 1 and he saw Brady ready to punch in the yard left and maybe the defense wasn't ready for it. Most of the time in a play like that the QB gets the yard and the first down. Tough break for the coach. But it wasn't his fault entirely and some of you are missing that. The Ravens players made many more mistakes after that in plays that would have ended the game, so they only have themselves to blame. They also were very childish with all the penalties after the NE touchdown. I can't remember when was the last time i saw someone kick the ball after a touchdown from their opponent's 35 yard line.

I hope this two weeks serve as a wake up call for NE. And i believe it will, they will play better next week.
squitsquat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 squitsquat
Member since 2005 • 1990 Posts

the patriots are good but are still overrated not this invincible team are they luck is winning them the games and refs and ever since they cheated who knows what they are doing to the refs

squitsquat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 squitsquat
you dont need to be good and win if you have luck and BS calls though....
they might have one on luck for one night but they are a very very good team.conman12345
Solid_Snake_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Solid_Snake_7
Member since 2004 • 3398 Posts
you dont need to be good and win if you have luck and BS calls though....[QUOTE="conman12345"]they might have one on luck for one night but they are a very very good team.squitsquat

Yes because luck and the refs will get you through a perfect season in the NFL.
mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#39 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts

NE haven't been dominant the past two weeks but they are still the best team because they find ways to win. Don't blame the refs. Blame the Ravens that broke down and shot theirselves in the foot at the wrong time. Blame Boller for throwing that interception. Blame the coach for calling timeout because he didn't have the confidence in his defense to stop the 4th down play. Sure they were dominant all game but they weren't disciplined. You can't give a great team like NE that many opportunities to score. If the Ravens were disciplined, then there wouldn't be anymore undefeated teams and they would be the saviors for the rest of the league. I agree that the false start call was sheer luck for the Pats, but again, the Ravens weren't disciplined.

What I find funny is how come the crappy teams decide to raise their level of play only when they play the Pats? Why couldn't they have this same intensity from all the other games played? Motivation from the point spread or the media hype for an undefeated team? Maybe. I know Ray Lewis, Ed, Reed, and Willis McGahee were personally motivated because of the passing of Sean Taylor but all of a sudden the team decided to show up? That was the team I remembered that won the superbowl a few years back. Aggressive, smash mouth and dominant defense. Where were they for the past 12 weeks? The Pats are beatable some of you say well whatever, the Eagles played a completely different game this past weekend and lost. So will the Ravens now go back to cruise control and lose their remaining games too? I'd expect the Ravens to finish the season strong now. This is why the Pats are still great. They make the plays when they count the most. They strive to improve even when they are playing at their best. They are motivated for every game, not just when they are playing a great team. They are perfectionists. Nothing wrong with that.

viberooni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#40 viberooni
Member since 2003 • 1396 Posts

The refs did not decide this game, the Ravens had plenty of chances to secure a win. Baltimore's agressive D ended up doing them in, they played less and less in control as the Pats final drive kept cheating death over and over again. You've got to look past being unlucky and keep your eye on the prize, not meltdown.

I wanted them to win but after that beyond stupid timeout on 4th down and watching the Ravens D act like babies on the field and off (throwing flags, screaming at refs, blaming everyone but themselves after talking trash the whole game) I'm glad they lost. I'll root for the classier group every time.

Avatar image for -_-CLF-_-Flakey
-_-CLF-_-Flakey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 -_-CLF-_-Flakey
Member since 2007 • 510 Posts

You can't give a great team like NE that many opportunities to score.

mrvic87

It was the refs that gave them all the oppurtunities

Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Cube_of_MooN

Here's something we can probably all agree on:

The commentating for that game last night was terrible. "The Pats are this... the Pats are that...." "16-0?"It was awful. I wish there was an option to mute the game commentary... Boo ESPN.

Fireball2500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#43 Fireball2500
Member since 2004 • 3421 Posts

Here's something we can probably all agree on:

The commentating for that game last night was terrible. "The Pats are this... the Pats are that...." "16-0?"It was awful. I wish there was an option to mute the game commentary... Boo ESPN.

Cube_of_MooN
I even found a whole blog site that bashed ESPN's Monday Night Football. It was very harsh.
squitsquat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 squitsquat
yeah thanks for agreeing with me because you actually can if it wasnt for the refs last night NE wouldve lost
[QUOTE="squitsquat"]you dont need to be good and win if you have luck and BS calls though....[QUOTE="conman12345"]they might have one on luck for one night but they are a very very good team.Solid_Snake_7

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Just_Osmo

yeah thanks for agreeing with me because you actually can if it wasnt for the refs last night NE wouldve lost[QUOTE="Solid_Snake_7"][QUOTE="squitsquat"]you dont need to be good and win if you have luck and BS calls though....[QUOTE="conman12345"]they might have one on luck for one night but they are a very very good team.squitsquat

The Refs have to call what they see. So how is it their fault that the Ravens had Blaitant holds and false starts.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Just_Osmo
[QUOTE="mrvic87"]

-_-CLF-_-Flakey

AGAIN The Refs have to call what they see. So how is it their fault that the Ravens had Blaitant holds and false starts.

mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#47 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts

Right, because the refs knew that the Ravens were going to stop them on 4th down twice. :roll:

The refs did their job! If I remembered the rules correctly false starts are dead ball fouls. The defense can't choose to accept or decline those kind of penalties.And the other 4th down play, blame the coach for calling timeout. Oh and you tell me that the pass to Ben Watson wasn't pass inteference! Give me a break...

[QUOTE="mrvic87"]

-_-CLF-_-Flakey

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 manningbowl135
[QUOTE="manningbowl135"]

Soulja_West

As I saw it last game, Pats were the worse team and they won b/c of a couple of extremely lucky plays (I won't go into refs fixing b/c that wasn't it). They still won and is undefeated and is the best team in football. But as I see them right now, they are not even close to the best team or best offense ever. Take it as damage control as you want. I am saying it strictly as I see it.

Soulja_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Soulja_West

yeah thanks for agreeing with me because you actually can if it wasnt for the refs last night NE wouldve lost[QUOTE="Solid_Snake_7"][QUOTE="squitsquat"]you dont need to be good and win if you have luck and BS calls though....[QUOTE="conman12345"]they might have one on luck for one night but they are a very very good team.squitsquat

But they didn't so why are we even discussing this?

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
[QUOTE="Soulja_West"][QUOTE="manningbowl135"]

manningbowl135

As I saw it last game, Pats were the worse team and they won b/c of a couple of extremely lucky plays (I won't go into refs fixing b/c that wasn't it). They still won and is undefeated and is the best team in football. But as I see them right now, they are not even close to the best team or best offense ever. Take it as damage control as you want. I am saying it strictly as I see it.

Two off-games doesn't take away anything they have done for the first 10 games. I am sure you would immediately change your mind if they play like they did in the beginning of the season to close out these four games.