My Madden 2008 Wishlist

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts
Since the people in the Official EA Madden 2007 forums are one notch above legally retarded I'll post my list here!

1. Realistic Animations -- tackling, jump catches, QB cycling through WRs (looks like he's having a seizure)
2. Real Rookie "Mugshots" -- I hate the vague mugshots of rookies when you check rosters and such. Even current NFL players will have these cheap mugshots such as Channing Crowder. Also, I hate they're reusing the mugshots from Madden 06 heck I bet some of them are from 2004...
3. Kicking (Wii) -- the kicking system for the Wii can either work really well or give you an ulcer from frustration. At times I'll kick the ball for 100% power and 0 slice and others the game doesn't even know I swung the remote.
4. Improve "Ask Madden" -- I think the plays that are chosen should be based on your current Coach/OC/DC's OVR knowledge. I honestly think Madden is trying to sabotage me when I ask for his advice (sometimes I just don't know what to call!).
5. Draft Pick's Skills -- Maybe this is already implemented but I have yet to experience it. Most of the greatest QBs have been drafted in the 6th round as have other players. I have yet to see a 6th round player have any decent skill, sure I've seen some 77s or so but Tom Brady and Zach Thomas have been taken real late in the draft.
6. Free Motion Controls (Wii) -- it seems the game has issues detecting where you want to stiff arm or even if you are stiff arming at times. I have had numerous fumbles on QB sneaks because the game thinks I am stiff arming when I am not.
7. Online Play (Wii) -- C'mon, where is it?
8. Kick/Punt Blocking -- Does this exist in the game? I see a play that consists of lining up and engaging with the OL but nothing more. Are the players supposed to try and stop a kick/punt? It seems what Madden 0X claims to be a kick/punt block play is more of a play to engage the OL and get a "roughing the kicker" flag.
9. Fake Punt Run Play (Wii) -- this play may exist in other versions of Madden but where is it in the Wii version? I loved calling this play when I'm "4th and Inches."
10. Draft Workout "DB Cover" (Wii) -- its broken, the WR and CB just stand there like statues.
11. [ADDED] Madden for Wii -- A version of Madden built from the ground up for the Wii, no more PS2 ports!
12. [ADDED] Referee AI -- Numerous times I have caught a long ball with a WR and had him run into the backfield referee who cannot be knocked down... He works just like an invisible wall.
13. [ADDED] Challenging Plays Depth -- as stated numerous times I want the ability to challenge plays to be more robust. Often times the reason I challenge a play is not what the referees are looking for. Ex: Defender recovers a fumble, I challenge the fact the ball went out of bounds, the referee checks if the fumbler was down or not when the fumble occurred...
14. [ADDED] Lose the Stripped Down 360/PS3 Versions -- I see this getting repeated constantly and I do not understand why EA does this.  Why are the 360/PS3 versions so stripped down and lack the features available in the Wii/PS2 versions?  There is no excuse!
15. [ADDED] Edit Superstar Players -- I want to be able to choose who my parents are, what my face looks like, what kind of hair I have etc.  I fail to see why it is so hard to implement this rather than have randomly chosen parents/positions/faces.

I'm sure some of these exist but I wanted to get my list out there. I know I have more to add but I cannot remember my other gripes/concerns right now. Post what you want added/fixed too!

Gamefan1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Gamefan1986
Member since 2005 • 1325 Posts

My Madden 2008 wishlist:

Vince Young's rating 90 or higher.

twopic58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 twopic58
Member since 2007 • 3710 Posts
my madden 08 wishlist just make it good
Gamefan1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Gamefan1986
Member since 2005 • 1325 Posts

my madden 08 wishlist just make it goodtwopic58

Oh, actually having Al Michaels and John Madden doing the commentary would be cool too.

halo3resident4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 halo3resident4
Member since 2006 • 714 Posts

harder tackles :O imagine lol it would be sick they were hard tackles but imagine harder tackles lol

Avatar image for XxXFaTTxMaTTXxX
XxXFaTTxMaTTXxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 XxXFaTTxMaTTXxX
Member since 2005 • 1483 Posts
How bout some adding some black refs.
nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#7 nygiants1080
Member since 2004 • 9413 Posts
Realstic game animations and fix the glitch plays.
familyguy77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 familyguy77
Member since 2005 • 2238 Posts

For 360:

Add editing players again

Take legends out of the free agent pool

Fix create a player( I wanna create people like Hank Baskett, but it's hard to get the right ratings. Go back to the old CAP system.)

Coach mode( Am I the only one that plays this sometime? :P

More realistic play overall( I hate how much the CPU breaks tackles on higher difficulties)

nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nygiants1080
Take legends out of the free agent poolfamilyguy77
YES!
HurricaneHugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 HurricaneHugo
Member since 2002 • 40807 Posts
My Madden 2008 wishlist: Give up, 2k8 is going to be miles better.
PuddleMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PuddleMonkey
Member since 2006 • 412 Posts

For 360:

Fix create a player( I wanna create people like Hank Baskett, but it's hard to get the right ratings. Go back to the old CAP system.)

More realistic play overall( I hate how much the CPU breaks tackles on higher difficulties)

familyguy77

Good call, especially on the legends. Why the hell would they add those to the franchise mode anyway? I think my biggest gripe would be the lack of defense in the later years of franchise on the 360. Why do all the DTs averages drop below 50 by the end of the year, and any in the draft are only about a 55 max. There are NO defenses (except mine) that are rated higher than a 70 overall (mine is 88 in 2034 but it was painful obtaining this). All the offenses dominate with most of the averages in the low to mid 90's. Average simulated game scores are like 54-42. Also, bring back the ******* fantasy draft!

mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#12 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
Havent played 2007, but want superstar mode so just control your created player in game - so if a DB - just on defense covering your receiver.
nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nygiants1080
Havent played 2007, but want superstar mode so just control your created player in game - so if a DB - just on defense covering your receiver.mrgab
That is how it is in 2007 already :P
familyguy77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 familyguy77
[QUOTE="familyguy77"]

For 360:

Fix create a player( I wanna create people like Hank Baskett, but it's hard to get the right ratings. Go back to the old CAP system.)

PuddleMonkey

Good call, especially on the legends. Why the hell would they add those to the franchise mode anyway? I think my biggest gripe would be the lack of defense in the later years of franchise on the 360. Why do all the DTs averages drop below 50 by the end of the year, and any in the draft are only about a 55 max. There are NO defenses (except mine) that are rated higher than a 70 overall (mine is 88 in 2034 but it was painful obtaining this). All the offenses dominate with most of the averages in the low to mid 90's. Average simulated game scores are like 54-42. Also, bring back the ******* fantasy draft!

I thought I was the only one that noticed that. Irritates the hell out of me.

Avatar image for 206461861543079188321160707076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 206461861543079188321160707076
Member since 2005 • 1256 Posts

The ability to edit players is a very important feature that has been left out the last couple years(for the 360 anyway). If i want to switch a ILB to OLB, or a speedy Qb that i draft to WR because he doesn't have a NFL arm, why cant I? We see multiple players change positions every year in football, it needs to be apart of the game(Roster Management and Franchise).

Also I'm sick of importing draft classes to Madden from NCAA football to find that some of the elite college players now suck because Madden altered their attributes drastically to make them suck. Prime Examples; Calvin Johnsons is usually a 74 with a speed of 84 and catching ability usually ranging from 72-81. Garrett Wolfe's speed is always knocked down to the mid-80s. Kevin Kolb, John Beck, and Trent Edwards are usually gven horrible overall rating's between 53-66 with arm strength that never exceeds 76 and accuracy 72. Speed is the attribute that is killed the most. I know players aren't goin to be as fast in the pros as they are in college but Garrett Wolfe isnt goin to have 84 speed and Calvin Johnson 84. Maybe they should have an option where you can tweek players ratings before the draft. Whatever they do, this is another issue that needs fixed.

Avatar image for 206461861543079188321160707076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 206461861543079188321160707076
Member since 2005 • 1256 Posts
[QUOTE="PuddleMonkey"][QUOTE="familyguy77"]

For 360:

familyguy77

I thought I was the only one that noticed that. Irritates the hell out of me.

Yea I think it irritates us all. Every Year Defensive players decrease in Skill while the offensive players thrive. Michael Vick even breaks the career rushing yardage record by the time he retires 9 times out of ten. Wheres the "D"?
Flaming_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 Flaming_Ape
Member since 2007 • 3246 Posts
I want create-a-team and the ability to edit rosters (360 version) for the 08 version. And owner mode in franchise would be an excellent addition to the 360 version as well.
familyguy77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 familyguy77
Oh, also, add a Super Bowl ending for gods sake. Pure laziness by EA, there isn't even a cutscene when you win the Super Bowl.
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#19 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
[QUOTE="mrgab"]Havent played 2007, but want superstar mode so just control your created player in game - so if a DB - just on defense covering your receiver.nygiants1080
That is how it is in 2007 already :P

Perfect. :)
VERS1ON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 VERS1ON
Member since 2003 • 1188 Posts

These all pertain to the 360/PS3 versions:

1. Madden Cards: At least for the Hall of Fame players. I understand some people want to use them in Franchise and other modes, but not me. I want it to be optional, and that seems a logical manner.

2. Bring Life Back to Franchise: I'm guessing that it's coming this year, but I sold my copy of Madden 07 for PS3 after a month because Franchise wasn't nearly as much fun without player roles, storyline central, or the owner's box, among other things compared to the PS2 version. I felt like I was playing Madden 03's franchise.

3. Player Edit: When manually adjusting rosters, I'm kind of a nut for when a player switches positions or numbers. For the last time, Julian Peterson switched from #44 to #59 at the beginning of the season!

4. Better Control Scheme: Just change the controls to the X-Box/PS2 controls - I can't tell you how many times I got called for encroachment on defense when I wanted to adjust my secondary.

5. Finish Playmaker: Let me make individualized adjustments on defense; adjustments on offense feel like a chore; let me slide protection!