Most Memorable NFL Plays in History

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Goliath_unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 0

#1 Goliath_unit
Member since 2006 • 3930 Posts

I watched one of these things about the MLB, and found it interesting even though I don't like baseball. This is my list for the NFL:

1. Tyree Helmet Catch
2. The Catch
3. Immaculate Reception
4. Music City Miracle
5. The Tackle
6. Improbable Bobble
7. Vinateri's SB Winning FG (against Rams)
8. Tuck Rule
9. Wide Right
10. The Helicopter (John Elway)

Most Memorable in pastthree seasons (07-09)
1. Tyree Helmet Catch
2. Santonio Holmes SB Winning Catch
3. James Harrison 100 yard interception return
4. Plaxico Burress SB Winning Catch
5. Dolphins Winning TD against Ravens Week 15 in 2007 in OT (so they don't go 0-16)
6. Ed Hochuli Blown Call, Chargers/Broncos
7. Tom Brady Knee Injury
8. Antonio Cromartie 109 yard play vs Vikings
9. Bucs 1st ever Kickoff returned for a TD
10. Jail City Miracle (Bengals/Broncos game earlier this year)

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
mi not sure i would list tom brady's injury. these lists typically are for greatness in sports, not for somebody getting injured.
Goliath_unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#3 Goliath_unit
Member since 2006 • 3930 Posts

mi not sure i would list tom brady's injury. these lists typically are for greatness in sports, not for somebody getting injured.starwarsjunky
Some of sports most memorable plays don't necessarily reflect greatness, including another on my list, Wide Right. Its also hard to not call Pete Rose's collision with another player in that All-Star game forgettable and for the wrong reason. Also don't forget in the World Series when the ball went right in between that one player's legs, which destroyed his career. Some are memorable, whether they were great or not. That play completely changed the 2008 season, and that play is one that people think of when they think of the 2008 season. A play in the NHL which is memorable is the hit that Scott Stevens did on Eric Lindros in 2000 that changed the entire playoff picture, and Stevens even won Playoff MVP that year.

duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts
Good first list, not sure I'd bother with the Tuck Rule, but that is a pretty good list.
Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

Leon Lett meets Don Beebe

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21711 Posts

1. The Catch
2. SB XXIII winning drive
3. The Catch II (I want to rank this one first, but history is history)
4. Second greatest comeback ever in NFL playoff history

Others not need apply.

rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
Super Bowl XXXII = Everything. :)
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#8 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts
The Drive: Elway leading the game tying drive in the 1986 AFC Championship game.
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#9 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts
Also, Dave Kreig evading what would have been Derrick Thomas' 8th sack of the day to throw the game winning TD.
DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

The music city miracle always sticks out in my mind because it was such an obvious forward pass.

Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts

Leon Lett meets Don Beebe

Oleg_Huzwog
Most hilarious play in SB history.
Shhadow_Viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Shhadow_Viper
Member since 2009 • 2300 Posts

The Helicopter is the best by far.

the dive

A quarterback dives head first into 3 defenseman to get the much needed first down on third down. Then to top it all off Elway got off the ground well before any of the three defenseman. They were all looking on the ground for Elway after the hit, and Elway was already up and rallying his team. That game was the best football game I have ever and most likely will ever see.

champions

Just thinking back makes me swell up with pride.

Shhadow_Viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Shhadow_Viper
Member since 2009 • 2300 Posts
Super Bowl XXXII = Everything. :)rockguy92
HELL YES! o/\o High Five!
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

mi not sure i would list tom brady's injury. these lists typically are for greatness in sports, not for somebody getting injured.starwarsjunky

Theismann's leg is one of the most memorable plays in sports, period.

On topic, I'd like to add my homer pick of Devin Hester being the first player ever to return a Super Bowl opening kickoff for a TD.

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 AHUGECAT
Member since 2006 • 8967 Posts

Good first list, not sure I'd bother with the Tuck Rule, but that is a pretty good list.duxup

The Tuck Rule may be the most history changing moment in NFL history.

bball_freak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 bball_freak_2
Member since 2006 • 1609 Posts
The Tyree Catch was just absolutely outstanding. Even after my face turned red yelling for someone to hold on the Eli, then for Harrison to make the play, I couldn't help stopping and whispering "Wow".
DeadMagazines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DeadMagazines
Member since 2009 • 1593 Posts

The music city miracle always sticks out in my mind because it was such an obvious forward pass.

DaBrainz
lol :roll: There have been SCIENTIFIC studies showing it was a lateral. Get over it.
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 duxup

[QUOTE="duxup"]Good first list, not sure I'd bother with the Tuck Rule, but that is a pretty good list.AHUGECAT

Hardly, just a nub that some folks complain about.
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Super Bowl XXXII = Everything. :)rockguy92

I agree :P

Probably one of my fav SB's I've ever watched.

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AHUGECAT

[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

[QUOTE="duxup"]Good first list, not sure I'd bother with the Tuck Rule, but that is a pretty good list.duxup

Patriots would've lost the game since it was a fumble that was denied for unknown reason$$$$, thus no Patriot dynasty. Rams win the Super Bowl. Kurt stays with the Rams. Gruden might not go to Tampa Bay. No Tuck Rule = no Patriot dynasty (thus no spygate, 16-0, etc. etc.) and the whole decade is changed.

duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 duxup

[QUOTE="duxup"][QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

AHUGECAT

Patriots would've lost the game since it was a fumble that was denied for unknown reason$$$$, thus no Patriot dynasty. Rams win the Super Bowl. Kurt stays with the Rams. Gruden might not go to Tampa Bay. No Tuck Rule = no Patriot dynasty (thus no spygate, 16-0, etc. etc.) and the whole decade is changed.

Oakland wouldn't know what to do with a good thing even if it went to the Super Bowl they are organizationally inclined to do the wrong thing at all costs. Gruden is not a good coach anyway. The tuck rule wasn't even that new, I'd seen it called in other games. The Pats ability to put good teams together wouldn't have changed at all.
DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

[QUOTE="DaBrainz"]

DeadMagazines

lol :roll: There have been SCIENTIFIC studies showing it was a lateral. Get over it.

The ball was thrown behind the 25 yard line and caught after the 25 yard line, science tells me thats a forward pass.

Free_Marxet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Free_Marxet
Member since 2009 • 1549 Posts
the catch and the catch 2 anyone who denies that the 49ers had the best teams in history needs to get help.
AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 AHUGECAT

[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

[QUOTE="duxup"] Hardly, just a nub that some folks complain about.duxup

Oakland wouldn't know what to do with a good thing even if it went to the Super Bowl they are organizationally inclined to do the wrong thing at all costs. Gruden is not a good coach anyway. The tuck rule wasn't even that new, I'd seen it called in other games. The Pats ability to put good teams together wouldn't have changed at all.

No, it was a fumble. The "tuck rule" was just damage control by the NFL (the refs said it was an incomplete pass). Tom Brady admitted it was a fumble (twice, once during the game, and to Rich Gannon at the Pro Bowl). If the Raiders would've got the fumble the Raiders would have advanced to the Steelers, and possibly to the Super Bowl. All I know is that changed this decade far more than any other event. It started a dynasty. It's like the Herschel Walker (sp) trade with the Vikings and Cowboys - started a dynasty. But the Patriots started a dynasty based on an obvious bad call, which leads me to believe something..

duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 duxup

AHUGECAT

No, it was a fumble. The "tuck rule" was just damage control by the NFL (the refs said it was an incomplete pass). Tom Brady admitted it was a fumble (twice, once during the game, and to Rich Gannon at the Pro Bowl). If the Raiders would've got the fumble the Raiders would have advanced to the Steelers, and possibly to the Super Bowl. All I know is that changed this decade far more than any other event. It started a dynasty. It's like the Herschel Walker (sp) trade with the Vikings and Cowboys - started a dynasty. But the Patriots started a dynasty based on an obvious bad call, which leads me to believe something..

I don't even like the pats but their dynasty was winning a bunch of super bowls, not that play.
AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AHUGECAT

[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

[QUOTE="duxup"] Oakland wouldn't know what to do with a good thing even if it went to the Super Bowl they are organizationally inclined to do the wrong thing at all costs. Gruden is not a good coach anyway. The tuck rule wasn't even that new, I'd seen it called in other games. The Pats ability to put good teams together wouldn't have changed at all.duxup

I don't even like the pats but their dynasty was winning a bunch of super bowls, not that play.

The thing is they wouldn't have went to the Super Bowl. Raiders would've won the game.

duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 duxup

AHUGECAT

The thing is they wouldn't have went to the Super Bowl. Raiders would've won the game.

One game, one Super Bowl, the Pats would have still been great and Oakland would still be a horrendous franchise.
AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AHUGECAT

[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

[QUOTE="duxup"] I don't even like the pats but their dynasty was winning a bunch of super bowls, not that play. duxup

One game, one Super Bowl, the Pats would have still been great and Oakland would still be a horrendous franchise.

That one Super Bowl changed history. It was more than just one game. It kickstarted a dynasty. Oakland wouldn't have been a horrendous franchise either because we would've kept Gruden and at least won Super Bowl 37 (Bucs wouldn't have Gruden). Patriots should NOT have won that game (and thus not the Super Bowl and thus no future dynasty), but the refs GAVE them the game and the NFL went into hardcore damage control. Once it was ruled an incomplete pass (who was Brady passing it to? His feet?), history was changed forever.

Avatar image for Mister__Awesome
Mister__Awesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Mister__Awesome
Member since 2009 • 2439 Posts

AHUGECAT

That one Super Bowl changed history. It was more than just one game. It kickstarted a dynasty. Oakland wouldn't have been a horrendous franchise either because we would've kept Gruden and at least won Super Bowl 37 (Bucs wouldn't have Gruden). Patriots should NOT have won that game (and thus not the Super Bowl and thus no future dynasty), but the refs GAVE them the game and the NFL went into hardcore damage control. Once it was ruled an incomplete pass (who was Brady passing it to? His feet?), history was changed forever.

Two words: Tuck Rule Raiders still had a chance to stop us after the play, Raiders had their chances. Plus can't discount the fact Vinatieri made those 2 FGs. Patriots won the game, I thought we were pass that? BTW, **** the Tyree Catch! lol
AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AHUGECAT

[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

[QUOTE="duxup"] One game, one Super Bowl, the Pats would have still been great and Oakland would still be a horrendous franchise.Mister__Awesome

Two words: Tuck Rule Raiders still had a chance to stop us after the play, Raiders had their chances. Plus can't discount the fact Vinatieri made those 2 FGs. Patriots won the game, I thought we were pass that? BTW, **** the Tyree Catch! lol

The refs didn't use the tuck rule, that was nothing more than damage control by the NFL (the refs said Tom's arm was going forward, even though Brady had 2 hands on it and was pulling it in). Plus what Tom did doesn't apply to the tuck rule (who was Brady passing it to? His feet?). And we won't get over it because it single handily killed the Raiders (though they will make a comeback soon).

Mister__Awesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Mister__Awesome

[QUOTE="Mister__Awesome"][QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

AHUGECAT

The refs didn't use the tuck rule, that was nothing more than damage control by the NFL (the refs said Tom's arm was going forward, even though Brady had 2 hands on it and was pulling it in). Plus what Tom did doesn't apply to the tuck rule (who was Brady passing it to? His feet?). And we won't get over it because it single handily killed the Raiders (though they will make a comeback soon).

Regardless, it would have ended up as intentional grounding if he was passing it to his feet. My assumption is that he was trying to get rid of the ball then thought otherwise but was caught in between both motions thus that awkward "Was that a pass or not?" whether the tuck rule was damage control or not, the fact still stands is that the tuck rule was the reason it was no a fumble. The Raiders still had an opportunity to stop the Patriots advance, and Vinatieri made probably the two most hardest field goals of all-time. Raiders had their chances, I for one do not think that alone cost the Raiders the game despite the fact that if they recovered it game over, the game was still going on and went into OT. Raiders, won't make a comeback until the get rid of Cable, and Russell, and pretty much a legit GM and tell Davis to take a seat back.
AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 AHUGECAT

[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

[QUOTE="Mister__Awesome"] Two words: Tuck Rule Raiders still had a chance to stop us after the play, Raiders had their chances. Plus can't discount the fact Vinatieri made those 2 FGs. Patriots won the game, I thought we were pass that? BTW, **** the Tyree Catch! lolMister__Awesome

Regardless, it would have ended up as intentional grounding if he was passing it to his feet. My assumption is that he was trying to get rid of the ball then thought otherwise but was caught in between both motions thus that awkward "Was that a pass or not?" whether the tuck rule was damage control or not, the fact still stands is that the tuck rule was the reason it was no a fumble. The Raiders still had an opportunity to stop the Patriots advance, and Vinatieri made probably the two most hardest field goals of all-time. Raiders had their chances, I for one do not think that alone cost the Raiders the game despite the fact that if they recovered it game over, the game was still going on and went into OT. Raiders, won't make a comeback until the get rid of Cable, and Russell, and pretty much a legit GM and tell Davis to take a seat back.

The problem is that the Raiders did stop the Patriots - the Patriots got the luckiest break perhaps in NFL history, and it took the life out of the Raiders (no matter what the Raiders would do, the refs would try and find a way to screw them). This play made Al Davis (probably already getting alzheimer's by now) get rid of Jon Gruden who went to the Bucs, which of course went to win the SB against the Raiders (partly due to Jon knowing all the Raiders plays). The Raiders got revenge against the Patriots though by giving them Randy Moss. Randy Moss is a cancer and you'll never win a Super Bowl again with him.

Mister__Awesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Mister__Awesome

[QUOTE="Mister__Awesome"][QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

AHUGECAT

The problem is that the Raiders did stop the Patriots - the Patriots got the luckiest break perhaps in NFL history, and it took the life out of the Raiders (no matter what the Raiders would do, the refs would try and find a way to screw them). This play made Al Davis (probably already getting alzheimer's by now) get rid of Jon Gruden who went to the Bucs, which of course went to win the SB against the Raiders (partly due to Jon knowing all the Raiders plays). The Raiders got revenge against the Patriots though by giving them Randy Moss. Randy Moss is a cancer and you'll never win a Super Bowl again with him.

Revenge by giving Randy Moss? I think that was the biggest blessing. We are paying you back though, have fun with Seymour, gosh i wish we didnt trade him i luff'd him :(. Jon Gruden is fine where he's at in MNF, i love his suck up-ness makes me laugh :P
RahXephon101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 RahXephon101
Member since 2005 • 501 Posts

One of the most memorable NFL plays in the past three years has to be Brady's 50th touchdown to Moss (who broke single season td record on the same play). I remember watching tha game, such an awsome play and definitely unexpected because they'd just tried that. It also gave the pats the lead on the way to going perfect in the regular season (despire superbowl loss 16- 0 was still pretty impressive).

Mister__Awesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Mister__Awesome

One of the most memorable NFL plays in the past three years has to be Brady's 50th touchdown to Moss (who broke single season td record on the same play). I remember watching tha game, such an awsome play and definitely unexpected because they'd just tried that. It also gave the pats the lead on the way to going perfect in the regular season (despire superbowl loss 16- 0 was still pretty impressive).

RahXephon101
They broke 2 records on one play. Brady beating Manning's record by throwing number 50 to Randy Moss which also made Moss break Jerry Rice's record with Moss's 23rd TD of the season.
Free_Marxet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Free_Marxet
[QUOTE="RahXephon101"]

Mister__Awesome
They broke 2 records on one play. Brady beating Manning's record by throwing number 50 to Randy Moss which also made Moss break Jerry Rice's record with Moss's 23rd TD of the season.

Jerry Rice also created that record on a shortened season, due to the strike. There should be an asterisk next to moss's name
AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 AHUGECAT

Revenge by giving Randy Moss? I think that was the biggest blessing. We are paying you back though, have fun with Seymour, gosh i wish we didnt trade him i luff'd him :(. Jon Gruden is fine where he's at in MNF, i love his suck up-ness makes me laugh :PMister__Awesome

The problem with Moss is that he is lazy. He even admitted it (I play only when I want to play). This is why you lost the Super Bowl - Moss didn't care (even said he wanted to go home before the Super Bowl). He did this to the Vikings in the late 90's too, when they went 15-1, had a record breaking offense and lost in the NFC Championship game.

And yeah Jon is quite a character... I really wish Al Davis didn't get rid of him but Al was starting to suffer from Alzheimer's or something.

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 AHUGECAT

[QUOTE="Mister__Awesome"][QUOTE="RahXephon101"]

Free_Marxet

Jerry Rice also created that record on a shortened season, due to the strike. There should be an asterisk next to moss's name

Yeah but Jerry couldn't break that record and he played a ton of 16 game seasons... Randy IMO is better than Jerry. That's of course MO though.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Renegade_Fury

[QUOTE="Free_Marxet"][QUOTE="Mister__Awesome"] They broke 2 records on one play. Brady beating Manning's record by throwing number 50 to Randy Moss which also made Moss break Jerry Rice's record with Moss's 23rd TD of the season.AHUGECAT

Yeah but Jerry couldn't break that record and he played a ton of 16 game seasons... Randy IMO is better than Jerry. That's of course MO though.

Uh, Flash 80 made that record in 12 games, and you think Moss who took every last minute of a 16 game season is better? Wow, no wonder I'm starting to come here less often...
Mister__Awesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Mister__Awesome

[QUOTE="Mister__Awesome"]Revenge by giving Randy Moss? I think that was the biggest blessing. We are paying you back though, have fun with Seymour, gosh i wish we didnt trade him i luff'd him :(. Jon Gruden is fine where he's at in MNF, i love his suck up-ness makes me laugh :PAHUGECAT

The problem with Moss is that he is lazy. He even admitted it (I play only when I want to play). This is why you lost the Super Bowl - Moss didn't care (even said he wanted to go home before the Super Bowl). He did this to the Vikings in the late 90's too, when they went 15-1, had a record breaking offense and lost in the NFC Championship game.

And yeah Jon is quite a character... I really wish Al Davis didn't get rid of him but Al was starting to suffer from Alzheimer's or something.

He is not the reason we lost the Super Bowl lmao. He had the potential game winning catch (5 rec for 62 yards and the go ahead TD in the 4th Quarter). Randy Moss is not the reason why we lost the Super Bowl. Also to say he didn't care? I want a link and proof of him saying he did not care about the Super Bowl. He said "I play only when I want to play" in his old teams, thing is with the Patriots Belichick checks the ego and removes characteristics like that, so that Moss you speak of is long gone from New England, this is a new Randy Moss.
AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 AHUGECAT

[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

[QUOTE="Free_Marxet"] Jerry Rice also created that record on a shortened season, due to the strike. There should be an asterisk next to moss's nameRenegade_Fury

Uh, Flash 80 made that record in 12 games, and you think Moss who took every last minute of a 16 game season is better? Wow, no wonder I'm starting to come here less often...

You are judging by one season. When Moss is not lazy he is the best of the best. Jerry Rice played til he was super old (42 I think) and still could never beat 22 in a 16 game season.

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 AHUGECAT

[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

[QUOTE="Mister__Awesome"]Revenge by giving Randy Moss? I think that was the biggest blessing. We are paying you back though, have fun with Seymour, gosh i wish we didnt trade him i luff'd him :(. Jon Gruden is fine where he's at in MNF, i love his suck up-ness makes me laugh :PMister__Awesome

He is not the reason we lost the Super Bowl lmao. He had the potential game winning catch (5 rec for 62 yards and the go ahead TD in the 4th Quarter). Randy Moss is not the reason why we lost the Super Bowl. Also to say he didn't care? I want a link and proof of him saying he did not care about the Super Bowl. He said "I play only when I want to play" in his old teams, thing is with the Patriots Belichick checks the ego and removes characteristics like that, so that Moss you speak of is long gone from New England, this is a new Randy Moss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRBVpZOy_98

If Randy Moss wasn't on the 1998 Vikings I might have not made that point... but he has a history of being in record breaking offenses that choke.

Moss is still his old lazy self in New England still, by the way. Yeah he is a little better but he is still Randy Moss. A bunch of wasted talent.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Renegade_Fury

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"][QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

AHUGECAT

You are judging by one season. When Moss is not lazy he is the best of the best. Jerry Rice played til he was super old (42 I think) and still could never beat 22 in a 16 game season.

Uh, exactly what does that matter? Again, if it took Moss 16 full games to beat that, how does that prove he is better? All it means is that Jerry unfortunaley had his best statistically sound season in a cut short year. He could have had close to 30 with 4 more games. The thing with Moss was that he had the POTENTIAL to be the best. Did he act on it? No, end of story. Moss is great for the deep ball, but Jerry could turn any 5 yd pass to a TD. His MVP performance in SB XXIII with over 200 yds and a TD, is more than enough to prove his dominance. Most TDs ever, clutch performances, 3 SB rings, an unmatched work ethic, and so on, proves he is without a doubt the best ever. So what if he played for so long? All that proves is that he refused to go down, and that is taking into account the 2 near career ending injuries he suffered. He made all of his records with the niners, which was for 15 years.

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 AHUGECAT

[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"] Uh, Flash 80 made that record in 12 games, and you think Moss who took every last minute of a 16 game season is better? Wow, no wonder I'm starting to come here less often...Renegade_Fury

Uh, exactly what does that matter? Again, if it took Moss 16 full games to beat that, how does that prove he is better? All it means is that Jerry unfortunaley had his best statistically sound season in a cut short year. He could have had close to 30 with 4 more games. The thing with Moss was that he had the POTENTIAL to be the best. Did he act on it? No, end of story. Moss is great for the deep ball, but Jerry could turn any 5 yd pass to a TD. His MVP performance in SB XXIII with over 200 yds and a TD, is more than enough to prove his dominance. Most TDs ever, clutch performances, 3 SB rings, an unmatched work ethic, and so on, proves he is without a doubt the best ever. So what if he played for so long? All that proves is that he refused to go down, and that is taking into account the 2 near career ending injuries he suffered. He made all of his records with the niners, which was for 15 years.

Jerry Rice had Joe Montana and Steve Young throwing to him... who did Randy Moss have? Dante Culpepper? LMAO! Tom Brady was once just a good QB who threw like 25 touchdowns a season, then all the sudden he gets Randy Moss and he gets 50 TDs.... Randy Moss makes a Hall of Fame Quarterback break records, while Jerry Rice just has a HOF break his records. Not saying Rice is not capable but let's face it Rice was with the 49ers for his career and had Steve Young, Joe Montana and eventually Rich Gannon. Moss has had NO one until Tom Brady (who Moss made a record breaker - not th other way around) and still broke records (17 TDs in a rookie season). But the big difference is what you mentioned - Jerry Rice has much more work ethic, which is why I'd choose him over Moss even though Moss is better. I'd rather choose a man who will give his all everytime than a dude who wants to go home with 19-0 on the line.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Renegade_Fury

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

AHUGECAT

Jerry Rice had Joe Montana and Steve Young throwing to him... who did Randy Moss have? Dante Culpepper? LMAO! Tom Brady was once just a good QB who threw like 25 touchdowns a season, then all the sudden he gets Randy Moss and he gets 50 TDs.... Randy Moss makes a Hall of Fame Quarterback break records, while Jerry Rice just has a HOF break his records. Not saying Rice is not capable but let's face it Rice was with the 49ers for his career and had Steve Young, Joe Montana and eventually Rich Gannon. Moss has had NO one until Tom Brady (who Moss made a record breaker - not th other way around) and still broke records (17 TDs in a rookie season). But the big difference is what you mentioned - Jerry Rice has much more work ethic, which is why I'd choose him over Moss even though Moss is better. I'd rather choose a man who will give his all everytime than a dude who wants to go home with 19-0 on the line.

If you agree, then how can you say Rice is not the best? He did that all in an unfriendly passing game league to boot. Moss supporters only can talk about could have would have situations. With Jerry Rice, you saw it get done.

Free_Marxet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Free_Marxet

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

AHUGECAT

best part is, when he talks to me on im he sits there and tries to say joe montana sucks.