michael jordan is the greatest

• 167 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rjs5ng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rjs5ng
Member since 2006 • 203 Posts

oh? he isn't? then who is?

yrag31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 yrag31
Member since 2004 • 1478 Posts
yeah but worst teamate ever did you know he punched Steve Kerr and Will Perdue in their practice back then...
ScoopyMcScoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ScoopyMcScoop
Member since 2005 • 1191 Posts
We all know MJ rocks (at least as a bball star), so why is this thread even here again? Seriously, Jemele HIll of ESPN writes one (well written btw, for the most part, despite her taking an "unpopular angle" though arguing it as best as it could be argued considering Kobe...) column about Kobe being "better than" MJ (again, from the articles standpoint, it's kind of a ploy to get you to realize there's an argument both way if you people don't realize this) and suddenly all these MJ topics pop up. This is ridiculous. You need to wake up and realize WHY the article was written, and for what purpose it serves to have been published on the site... again, why the incredibly obvious post stating that MJ is awesome? Waste of space.
jimmygrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jimmygrace
Member since 2007 • 2405 Posts
Anyone who has a coach like Phil Jackson and players around him like Pippen, Rodman, and Kukoc is gonna be able to do what MJ did but I think MJ is a overrated player.I think Bill Russell was a better player, I'd also say Chaimberlin was a more dominant player, and even a guy like Tim Duncan even though the Spurs may be a boring team to watch I think hes a better player who knows how to help his team win.
jimmygrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jimmygrace
Member since 2007 • 2405 Posts
yeah but worst teamate ever did you know he punched Steve Kerr and Will Perdue in their practice back then...yrag31
Yeah and he said it was because they played tough defense on him in practice.And not to mention he gambled and cheated on his wife and now there divorced.I don't recall Kobe ever punching out teammates so the way I see it is MJ is a far worse person than Kobe is.
Pezant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Pezant
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Steve Kerr probally deserved it. I remember once when SA was in town to play Phoenix who was standing behind me in line at Albertson's? Of all the people it was Steve Kerr, and he had the cohones to whine about me being in a cash only line paying with a debit card. Ever since that incident, I have always wanted to run into him again and kick the ever living crap out of him. But I always liked him when he played for the Bull's. You have to admit though, the 3 years they had Rodman they were probally one of the best teams ever assembled.

bookmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bookmeister
Member since 2007 • 182 Posts
Who cares about dominant, he scored 30 per, won championships, tha rawest shoes, tha most advertised, hes tha man dude.
hoop_hard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 hoop_hard
Member since 2005 • 20418 Posts
MJ was one of the greatest player to play the game. I don't think you can just place MJ on the top, just like that. Not even the NBA did that. They had the 50 Greatest Players.
XxMa5icarxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 XxMa5icarxX
Member since 2004 • 6621 Posts
MJ the greatest? word thats cool
HaloONE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 HaloONE
Member since 2003 • 2274 Posts
yeah but worst teamate ever did you know he punched Steve Kerr and Will Perdue in their practice back then...yrag31
if thats true lol
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

[QUOTE="yrag31"]yeah but worst teamate ever did you know he punched Steve Kerr and Will Perdue in their practice back then...jimmygrace
Yeah and he said it was because they played tough defense on him in practice.And not to mention he gambled and cheated on his wife and now there divorced.I don't recall Kobe ever punching out teammates so the way I see it is MJ is a far worse person than Kobe is.

Yeah except Kobe rape case for which at least we know he cheated on his wife, being the main reason for the L.A. Lakers break up and snitching out on Shaq while being question by police for the rape case. 

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#12 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

MJ was one of the greatest player to play the game. I don't think you can just place MJ on the top, just like that. Not even the NBA did that. They had the 50 Greatest Players. hoop_hard

I agree. He was the best SG but when it's not an individual sport, you can't really give someone the title of "greatest" because if he had to play at C he would have been rocked! One of the best ever but I just have a hard time saying he IS the best ever just because there are five positions in basketball.

Scuervo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Scuervo
Member since 2004 • 12978 Posts
kobe bryant is the best player alive and will become the greatest player before he retires...
dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

[QUOTE="jimmygrace"][QUOTE="yrag31"]yeah but worst teamate ever did you know he punched Steve Kerr and Will Perdue in their practice back then...Master_Live

Yeah except Kobe rape case for which at least we know he cheated on his wife, being the main reason for the L.A. Lakers break up and snitching out on Shaq while being question by police for the rape case.

wow...who cares what happens off-the court. All that matters is how you play on-the court. 

cobb45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cobb45
Member since 2004 • 1179 Posts
even better than Wilt Chamberlian? He was pretty awesome in his day.
SilverArmor82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SilverArmor82
Member since 2005 • 1609 Posts

[QUOTE="jimmygrace"][QUOTE="yrag31"]yeah but worst teamate ever did you know he punched Steve Kerr and Will Perdue in their practice back then...Master_Live

Jordan cheated on his wife numerous times so that he could live the player lifestyle. It is rumored that he had a woman in every city he played basketball in. You'd be surprised as to how many celebrities cheat.
tmac200913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 tmac200913
Member since 2006 • 16647 Posts

Jordan = Greatness

twopic58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#18 twopic58
Member since 2007 • 3710 Posts
I think MJ is the greatest. I don't really care what a player does off the court or during practice.
d12malu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 d12malu
Member since 2002 • 1023 Posts
MJ is THE best player in basketball ever.
sixringz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sixringz1
Member since 2004 • 1116 Posts
all this MJ is a bad teamate because he got in a couple fights in practice w/ teamates is a joke.  Kobe did the same thing. He got in a physical altercation w/ shaq, not to mention he isolated himself from everyone on his team during the first half of his career.  Jordan cheated on his wife but so did kobe.  I'm sure they've cheated on their wives more times than we can imagine, not just what's been documented.  But i take the same approach as what one of the previous posts said - WHO CARES ABOUT OFF THE COURT, IT"S ON THE COURT THAT MATTERS. None of us know these people personally and are part of their social lives so who are we to judge their character.  We are all fans of what they do on the court, not whether or not they are husband of the year.  And as far as the altercations in practice, i have no problem w/ that because anybody who has ever played a sport knows that it is extremely competitive and tempers can flare.  But fighting w/ teamates is just like fighting w/ your brothers.  You may hate each other at the time but a couple hours later you are eating and laughing w/ them and everything is fine.  So please stop w/ this nonsense.  If you have an opinion on who's a better player than use the ACTUAL SPORT ITSELF AND WHAT THEY DO IN THE SPORT as the argument, not some non game issues.  Oh and by the way, Michael Jordan is the best player ever.  Kobe needs to win at least one championship as Batman and not Robin (just a little analogy. ha ha), win a few MVP's, and be the leader he needs to be.  He's getting better in the leader category, but i honestly don't see the others happening. 
dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dkhw
I like to say to those people who think MJ is the greatest this: What about Larry, Magic, Robertson, Chamberlain, Shaq, Julius Erving? Can we really take MJ and compare him to Larry and definitely say, yep, MJ is the better man, better player. No, you can't. MJ may or may not be the greatest. There will be no player that we will definately call the greatest player unless some absolutely outreagous player appears.
mont13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mont13
Member since 2006 • 1468 Posts

The first part of his career MJ was exactly what the Jordan Jockers hate in Kobe. MJ was a great talent, but considered a ballhog, clashed with his coach(Doug Collins) who was fired, tanked a game when critized for shooting too much, didn't get along with some of his teammates...etc.

MJ did'nt make anyone better, he had to wait until he got better players around him. Why didn't MJ make Stacey King, Sam Vincent and Granville better???  Kobe Can't turn Kwame Brown into Dennis Rodman, no more than MJ could turn Stacey King into Horace Grant. Kobe can't make Smush Parker shoot like Steve Kerr no more than MJ could make Sam Vincent shoot like John Paxson! Some players got better when MJ retired, they were scacrificing their game while playing with MJ.

Kobe came on to an established team that didn't need to play a rookie out of highschool, MJ had the green light on a bad team from day 1. Thats why he sored more, he shot more, more than anyone since Elgin Baylor. If Bird and others shot as much as MJ they would have scoring titles also.

Skill for skill MJ has the edge on defense over Kobe, but Kobe is a better scorer due to his long range ability. For minutes played their assist averages are about the same.   Enjoy Kobe  one of the best players you will ever see!

http://airjudden2.tripod.com/jordan/   Please check this out !!!!

SilverArmor82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SilverArmor82
Member since 2005 • 1609 Posts

The first part of his career MJ was exactly what the Jordan Jockers hate in Kobe. MJ was a great talent, but considered a ballhog, clashed with his coach(Doug Collins) who was fired, tanked a game when critized for shooting too much, didn't get along with some of his teammates...etc.

MJ did'nt make anyone better, he had to wait until he got better players around him. Why didn't MJ make Stacey King, Sam Vincent and Granville better??? Kobe Can't turn Kwame Brown into Dennis Rodman, no more than MJ could turn Stacey King into Horace Grant. Kobe can't make Smush Parker shoot like Steve Kerr no more than MJ could make Sam Vincent shoot like John Paxson! Some players got better when MJ retired, they were scacrificing their game while playing with MJ.

Kobe came on to an established team that didn't need to play a rookie out of highschool, MJ had the green light on a bad team from day 1. Thats why he sored more, he shot more, more than anyone since Elgin Baylor. If Bird and others shot as much as MJ they would have scoring titles also.

Skill for skill MJ has the edge on defense over Kobe, but Kobe is a better scorer due to his long range ability. For minutes played their assist averages are about the same. Enjoy Kobe one of the best players you will ever see!

http://airjudden2.tripod.com/jordan/ Please check this out !!!!

mont13
Long range ability does not make a player "better". Jordan had about the best mid range jump shot EVER.
It_is_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 It_is_I
Member since 2003 • 624 Posts
No, he did not puch them. He threw the ball at his (S. Kerr) face for continously messing up the plays they ran in practice.
It_is_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 It_is_I
That's bad comedy...
kobe bryant is the best player alive and will become the greatest player before he retires...Scuervo
mont13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mont13

"Long range ability does not make a player "better". Jordan had about the best mid range jump shot EVER."

I didn't say being a better long range shooter makes Kobe a better all-round player than MJ.  I said Kobe is a better "scorer"..... because his long range ability gives him an edge over MJ as far as scoring goes. They both can get to the basket and have great mid-range shots. 

Comparing skill for skill is the only way to compare them, all other accomplishmenst are based on quality of teammates. If people can say defense is what makes MJ better its only fair to point out where Kobe is better than MJ skill-wise.

Out of several points I made why pick that small point to comment on, please comment on my OTHER points in my last post,..PLEASE ! 

viberooni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#27 viberooni
Member since 2003 • 1396 Posts
Red Auerbach was of the belief that there was no single greatest NBA player of all time, preferring to list about 6 or 7 guys as the all-time greats: Russell, Chamberlain, Dr. J, Robertson, Jordan, Bird, Magic. Shaq and Kareem probably belong there as well. Anyways as much as I love Jordan and grew up enjoying his dominance, I'm also hesitant to name one single player as the greatest in a team sport that's seen its fair share of once in a generation talents at different positions.
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts
Greatest adulterer and gambler of all time, although Charles Barkley is challenging for the 2nd one.
mont13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mont13

No, he did not puch them. He threw the ball at his (S. Kerr) face for continously messing up the plays they ran in practice. [QUOTE="yrag31"]yeah but worst teamate ever did you know he punched Steve Kerr and Will Perdue in their practice back then...It_is_I

Yes MJ did punch Kerr, look it up. Early on MJ was a ballhog, clashed with coach and teammates, tanked a game...etc.

As mentioned there is no single greatest player of all time, just the latest, like it or not thats Kobe Bryant. Enjoy his B'ball talent without comparing him to MJ

mont13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mont13

No, he did not puch them. He threw the ball at his (S. Kerr) face for continously messing up the plays they ran in practice. [QUOTE="yrag31"]yeah but worst teamate ever did you know he punched Steve Kerr and Will Perdue in their practice back then...It_is_I

Yes MJ did punch Kerr, look it up. Early on MJ was a ballhog, clashed with coach and teammates, tanked a game...etc.

As mentioned there is no single greatest player of all time, just the latest, like it or not thats Kobe Bryant. Enjoy his B'ball talent without comparing him to MJ

Baller4444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Baller4444
Member since 2007 • 660 Posts

He was actually a great teamate his leadership is why they won six championships. This story is true but you make it sound like a bad thing. Michael didn't cheap shot him they got into a fair fight. Plus theirs fights all the time it's no big deal look at NFL training camp or the NHL they fight all the time but they don't hold anything against each other. He was obvoiusly a good enough teamate to make up with both of them right?

It_is_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 It_is_I

First of all, HE DID NOT Punch Kerr. Re-watch the Bulls Championship tapes again (I think it was the one with the 96 team). Second, Jordan is the greatest of all time because he transcended through generations. He went through the old school (Magic, Bird, Detroit Pistons, Cavs [when they were decent]) and new school (Shaq, Kobe [remember the night when he lit Kobe's A$$ up for 30+, you probably do not], Motumbo, Ewing, Allen, Kemp, Malone and Stockton twice. Kobe still has a long long long road to prove himself. Scoring is one thing, but like Tex Winter said, he has no clue on how to play defense. Michael was the complete package. Kobe is the black hole player in the NBA. You can pass the ball to him, but it is definitely not coming back out.

You see my friend(s), I recognize Kobe's game for what it is, but oh how soon we forget that number 23's legacy will not and cannot be touched. I don't care how many 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100 plus points you score a night.  Michael commanded respect. Kobe is still searching for what it is. Stevie Wonder can see that.  

One more thing that Kobe does not have that Michael did was the ability to create fear and frustration in his opponents at will!

**Side Note: I willing to go out on a limb here and say that the current Bulls will get to the NBA Finals before Kobe does....

[QUOTE="It_is_I"]No, he did not puch them. He threw the ball at his (S. Kerr) face for continously messing up the plays they ran in practice. [QUOTE="yrag31"]yeah but worst teamate ever did you know he punched Steve Kerr and Will Perdue in their practice back then...mont13

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts

One more thing that Kobe does not have that Michael did was the ability to create fear and frustration in his opponents at will!

**Side Note: I willing to go out on a limb here and say that the current Bulls will get to the NBA Finals before Kobe does....

It_is_I

lol kobe just doesn't create fear in his defenders he creates it in the coaches as well, when the opposing coach has to go through 4 different defenders to try and stop Kobe I think you develop some fear and frustration

**Side Note: If the Bulls keep having Ben Gordon taking their final shots for them in close games then they're in trouble in the playoffs

It_is_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 It_is_I

Put it down crack head, put it down... The only fear Kobe can create is in young girls in Eagle, Colorado! LOL!!

Kobe has similar game to Jordan's but he has no where near the same amount of respect and everyone knows it...and he STILL WILL NOT get MVP! LOL!

[QUOTE="It_is_I"]

andyboiii

lol kobe just doesn't create fear in his defenders he creates it in the coaches as well, when the opposing coach has to go through 4 different defenders to try and stop Kobe I think you develop some fear and frustration

**Side Note: If the Bulls keep having Ben Gordon taking their final shots for them in close games then they're in trouble in the playoffs

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 dkhw

Put it down crack head, put it down... The only fear Kobe can create is in young girls in Eagle, Colorado! LOL!!

Kobe has similar game to Jordan's but he has no where near the same amount of respect and everyone knows it...and he STILL WILL NOT get MVP! LOL!

It_is_I

Kobe doesn't have any respect because media hates him for the rape case that was dropped and never proven that kobe actually raped a girl. Media is Nash and Nowitziki's *****.

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 andyboiii

haha I dont care if Kobe gets MVP:lol: Im not bias I know the guys with one of the best records will get it, Nash or Nowitzki.  

[QUOTE="andyboiii"][QUOTE="It_is_I"]

It_is_I

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts

The first part of his career MJ was exactly what the Jordan Jockers hate in Kobe. MJ was a great talent, but considered a ballhog, clashed with his coach(Doug Collins) who was fired, tanked a game when critized for shooting too much, didn't get along with some of his teammates...etc.

MJ did'nt make anyone better, he had to wait until he got better players around him. Why didn't MJ make Stacey King, Sam Vincent and Granville better???  Kobe Can't turn Kwame Brown into Dennis Rodman, no more than MJ could turn Stacey King into Horace Grant. Kobe can't make Smush Parker shoot like Steve Kerr no more than MJ could make Sam Vincent shoot like John Paxson! Some players got better when MJ retired, they were scacrificing their game while playing with MJ.

Skill for skill MJ has the edge on defense over Kobe, but Kobe is a better scorer due to his long range ability. For minutes played their assist averages are about the same.   Enjoy Kobe  one of the best players you will ever see!

mont13
Great post. You should just save this one and use it everytime this topic pops up, which is 3 or 4 times a week.
rangers1690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#38 rangers1690
Member since 2004 • 1792 Posts
I ain't gonna compare anyone to MJ but I think Kobe is a better player - Jordan had the better team with the Bulls but individually Kobe is the best player to ever play the game IMO.
mont13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mont13

1) Hey " It is I"...MJ did punch Steve kerr in a fight(fair or not) it happened in practice!

2)MJ did not go through all generations.....He didn't get past the Celtics and Lakers until their teams were in the decline. The Pistons went through the MJ Bulls for 2 straight rings. None of the teams the Bulls beat for rings including Utah) were better than the Bird Celtics, Magic Lakers or Dr.J 76'ers(with M. Malone, Cheeks, Toney, B. Jones..etc). MJ's/Bulls peaked at the time the other great teams declined.

By the way remember when Kobe lit MJ up for some ridiculous point total..... by half time, and the win, probably not. 

3) "Kobe is a black hole player"   What! Kobe averages 5.4 assists a game(good for a 2 guard) on a crappy team. An assist is a 2 man thing, the other player has to make the shot. Kobe has Kwame"fumble fingers" Brown to pass to, he has no Kerr/Paxson yet he still gets 5.4 assists per game (and also chips in 5.6 rbs, also good for a 2 guard). The Kobe is a ball-hog argument does not hold up. For the record MJ career assist = 5.3 which is only less than 1 more than Kobes career so far, even with the limited minutes Kobe played early on.

4) "Kobe has no clue how to play defense" .....I guess thats why he's been voted to the all-defense teams several times.

5) "Kobe doesn't create fear/frustration in his opponents" OMG!! Kobe has been called the best and most feared player in the game by other coaches, players and analysts, period!

Its ok to love/like MJ or consider him the best, but please don't act like he came into the NBA a great defender, great leader, winning rings and playing in harmony with his teammates and coach from day 1. IT DID NOT HAPPEN LIKE THAT!

Truth: MJ came into the NBA with the biggest ego, selfish, gunning, wanting to prove himself, alienated some teammates, and coach(who got fired), was not a good leader, was not known for defense, shot a lot, thus scored a lot, but was frustrated by more seasoned and complete TEAMS. Until those teams declined and MJ finally got a good team of complimentary players around him and went on a tear winning 6 rings with one of the best all-round players ever (Scottie Pippen), one of the better P forwards(Horace Grant), 2 of the best sharp shooters(Kerr/Paxson), one of the best rebounders/defenders/garbage men ever(D. Rodman), a decent center (B. Cartwright), great coach, unigue system (triangle)...etc. They all clicked as a team, result 6 rings. MJ did not do that with Sam Vincent, Stacey King, Granville Waiters...etc. He had to wait, like kobe does until the right mix of players are acquired. Sorry to be so long but it takes that to dispel the myths about MJ, a very great player nonetheless, maybe the best, impossible to say.

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 AHUGECAT
Member since 2006 • 8967 Posts
How is MJ the greatest?
jujutheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jujutheking
Member since 2006 • 2998 Posts

Anyone who has a coach like Phil Jackson and players around him like Pippen, Rodman, and Kukoc is gonna be able to do what MJ did but I think MJ is a overrated player.I think Bill Russell was a better player, I'd also say Chaimberlin was a more dominant player, and even a guy like Tim Duncan even though the Spurs may be a boring team to watch I think hes a better player who knows how to help his team win.jimmygrace

ohh yeah MJ didn't help his team win?LMAO

jujutheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jujutheking
[QUOTE="Master_Live"]

[QUOTE="jimmygrace"][QUOTE="yrag31"]yeah but worst teamate ever did you know he punched Steve Kerr and Will Perdue in their practice back then...SilverArmor82

Jordan cheated on his wife numerous times so that he could live the player life**** It is rumored that he had a woman in every city he played basketball in. You'd be surprised as to how many celebrities cheat.

yeah, but Mj didn't rape someone LOL that rapist.no matter who he slept with he didn't do a bad thing like beng accused of an rAPE.

Eman5805

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Eman5805
Member since 2004 • 4494 Posts
This will never end...
jujutheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jujutheking

mont13

Kobe isn't the better scorer.MJ is like 3rd all-time in scoring WTH are u talking about better scorer?MJ could of drop 80 pts in the 90s, but he had to share the ball too much with his other good players.MJ averages 5.3APG and kobe averages 4.5APG.Mj has a better career shooting percentage and has the second most steals ever.The only reason he isn't first all-time in steals because of the years he missed.He averged more steals then stockton, but he played less gms

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 andyboiii
[QUOTE="SilverArmor82"][QUOTE="Master_Live"]

[QUOTE="jimmygrace"][QUOTE="yrag31"]yeah but worst teamate ever did you know he punched Steve Kerr and Will Perdue in their practice back then...jujutheking

Jordan cheated on his wife numerous times so that he could live the player life**** It is rumored that he had a woman in every city he played basketball in. You'd be surprised as to how many celebrities cheat.

yeah, but Mj didn't rape someone LOL that rapist.no matter who he slept with he didn't do a bad thing that would beng accused of an rAPE.

we can go all day with this along with Jordans gambling problems but why are we discussing off court issues when that has nothing to do with a players greatness on the court

jujutheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 jujutheking
[QUOTE="jujutheking"][QUOTE="SilverArmor82"][QUOTE="Master_Live"]

[QUOTE="jimmygrace"][QUOTE="yrag31"]yeah but worst teamate ever did you know he punched Steve Kerr and Will Perdue in their practice back then...andyboiii

yeah, but Mj didn't rape someone LOL that rapist.no matter who he slept with he didn't do a bad thing that would beng accused of an rAPE.

we can go all day with this along with Jordans gambling problems but why are we discussing off court issues when that has nothing to do with a players greatness on the court

Whho cares about gambling?He raped someone and look at my post above this one where i talked about player skills.

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 andyboiii
[QUOTE="andyboiii"][QUOTE="jujutheking"][QUOTE="SilverArmor82"][QUOTE="Master_Live"]

[QUOTE="jimmygrace"][QUOTE="yrag31"]yeah but worst teamate ever did you know he punched Steve Kerr and Will Perdue in their practice back then...jujutheking

Whho cares about gambling?He raped someone and look at my post above this one where i talked about player skills.

yea I saw your post, I didn't quote you I quoted the other guy talkin about all the off court stuff

mont13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 mont13

"Kobe isn't the better scorer.MJ is like 3rd all-time in scoring WTH are u talking about better scorer?MJ could of drop 80 pts in the 90s, but he had to share the ball too much with his other good players.MJ averages 5.3APG and kobe averages 4.5APG.Mj has a better career shooting percentage and has the second most steals ever.The only reason he isn't first all-time in steals because of the years he missed.He averged more steals then stockton, but he played less gms"

MJ's top 4 scoring games came in over time, one of those was in double O.T.:

69 pts on 37 fga's in ot,  64pts on 49 fga's in ot,  63 pts on 41 fga's in 2 0t's , 61pt's on 39 fga's in ot, 2 were in 1986/87 when he didn't have to "share the ball". Trust me, if MJ could have scored 81 he would have, he couldn't,  he didn't have the range on his J like Kobe.  Kobe: 81 points on 46 shots in regulation, time doesn't permit me to list Kobe's other big games in reglation, or Kobe's 40 point averages for a month, done 2 or 3 times, I believe the only player to do that. Didn't Kobe get 52 in a half, 62 in 3 quaters against Dallas???? Kobe is a BAD MAN and a better scorer than MJ. Give him that. 

The only reason MJ's fga is higher is Kobe shoots many more long range shots than MJ. L.A did not have to play a rookie out of highschool on the established team they had. So Kobe only played 14mins and 20mins per game his 1st 2 years so of course his assist average is lower. If you start at Kobe's 3rd year when he got starters minutes Kobe and MJ are very comparable in assists, both 5+, even dopping MJ 2nd yr when he was hurt. And Kobe is not even done yet, as his team matures he will get more assists.   (5.3assists to 4.5assists,  wow ! MJ is smoking Kobe in assists!!! huh? Even with sharpshooters on his team MJ only averaged .8 more assists than Kobe! )

I already gave MJ the edge on defense, but face it MJ can't stroke it like Kobe!!!!!  (Please don't throw MJ 3pt % at me, I know it, but he shot no where near the number of 3's Kobe does. Kobe is a threat from much further out tha nMJ. That's why MJ shrugged when he hit some on Portland that series, even he couldn't believe it.)

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 dkhw
[QUOTE="mont13"]

The first part of his career MJ was exactly what the Jordan Jockers hate in Kobe. MJ was a great talent, but considered a ballhog, clashed with his coach(Doug Collins) who was fired, tanked a game when critized for shooting too much, didn't get along with some of his teammates...etc.

MJ did'nt make anyone better, he had to wait until he got better players around him. Why didn't MJ make Stacey King, Sam Vincent and Granville better??? Kobe Can't turn Kwame Brown into Dennis Rodman, no more than MJ could turn Stacey King into Horace Grant. Kobe can't make Smush Parker shoot like Steve Kerr no more than MJ could make Sam Vincent shoot like John Paxson! Some players got better when MJ retired, they were scacrificing their game while playing with MJ.

Skill for skill MJ has the edge on defense over Kobe, but Kobe is a better scorer due to his long range ability. For minutes played their assist averages are about the same. Enjoy Kobe one of the best players you will ever see!

http://airjudden2.tripod.com/jordan/ Please check this out !!!!

jujutheking

Kobe isn't the better scorer.MJ is like 3rd all-time in scoring WTH are u talking about better scorer?MJ could of drop 80 pts in the 90s, but he had to share the ball too much with his other good players.MJ averages 5.3APG and kobe averages 4.5APG.Mj has a better career shooting percentage and has the second most steals ever.The only reason he isn't first all-time in steals because of the years he missed.He averged more steals then stockton, but he played less gms

I will give Kobe the edge as a scorer because he's more atheletic and has a longer range than MJ. They are both have incredible quickness, reaction, and jumping ability. In terms of shooting the ball, Kobe has the little edge because he can shoot the three, but then again, MJ's mid-jump shot at his best was incredible and maybe better than kobe's mid J. They are also both good post players although MJ was able to post-up more than Kobe since Kobe had Shaq on his team and didn't need to post up during his earlier years. In terms of APG, the difference is infintesmial - .8 wow... They are both good passers. Steals don't necessary equal better defender. Look at Iverson, he can get all the steals he wants, he's not a lock-down defense. Of course, however, MJ is one of the best primeter defense during his time just like Kobe is today. MJ was the better defender but not by much. Kobe will surpass MJ and maybe Kareem when he retires 8 to 10 years later. 

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 dkhw

I already gave MJ the edge on defense, but face it MJ can't stroke it like Kobe!!!!! (Please don't throw MJ 3pt % at me, I know it, but he shot no where near the number of 3's Kobe does. Kobe is a threat from much further out tha nMJ. That's why MJ shrugged when he hit some on Portland that series, even he couldn't believe it.)

mont13

It's arguable that MJ shoots better mid Js than Kobe, but it's true that Kobe is the better three-point shooter.