This topic is locked from further discussion.

69cubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 69cubbies
Member since 2008 • 45 Posts

So the Heat have lost 28 of their last 31 games! How bad is that. i would be embarassed to be a Heat fan right now. People are starting to compare D Wade to Penny Hardaway which is harsh. Even if the Heat do get the first pick will Michael Beasly really help? Cause you can almost guarentee that Marion wont want to stick around in Miami. im a Cubs fan so i know what losing is all about, but the Heat are just straight up awful.

guitarman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 guitarman89
Member since 2007 • 1485 Posts

This is definitely embarrassing. You're right, people are being a little too harsh on D-Wade, I mean after all he did lead his team to an NBA championship only 2 years ago. But, if D-Wade was the true superstar that I thought he was, the Heat wouldn't be playing so poorly. Superstars like LeBron, Kobe, etc. would never let this happen to their team, regardless of the talent that they are surrounded with.

Overall, D-Wade is still a great player, but I just don't think he is a superstar anymore.

As for the Heat, I have no idea what's in their future. With the NBA lottery deciding draft picks, they aren't even guaranteed the #1 pick. Wow, it's really a bummer to be a Miami sports fan right now. The Heat, Dolphins, and I would also count on the Marlins to blow after trading away two of their superstars...

69cubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 69cubbies
yeah i personally think the draft lottery is completely stupid, and i agree d wade is still a top teir player but maybe not quite as good as everyone thought
guitarman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 guitarman89

yeah i personally think the draft lottery is completely stupid, and i agree d wade is still a top teir player but maybe not quite as good as everyone thought69cubbies

Well, I guess it's meant to prevent teams from "tanking it" (i.e. Vince Carter) in order to get the first pick. So in a way, I guess it works. But overall, I just plain don't like it.

Well, who's worse this year, Dolphins or Heat? Whatcha think? The Marlins will be bad this year, but not on the same level as the Heat and Dolphins.

69cubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 69cubbies
thats a tough one but i think the dolphins were worse, but i wouldnt count out the Marlins, they might be PRETTY bad without Cabrera and Willis, and their in a real tought division.
guitarman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 guitarman89

thats a tough one but i think the dolphins were worse, but i wouldnt count out the Marlins, they might be PRETTY bad without Cabrera and Willis, and their in a real tought division.69cubbies

I don't know, 3-28 is almost unprecedented in the NBA, but I guess it's the same for 1-15 in the NFL. I don't know, I think the Marlins will be alright. They acquired some great young talent in exchange for Willis and Cabrera, and they still have a decent core of young players.

Hanley Ramirez and Dan Uggla are great middle infielders, Dallas McPherson could be good at 3B, and they have a potentially ok pitching staff anchored by Josh Johnson and Anibal Sanchez. Also, they only play in a moderately good division in the weaker of two leagues. The East is good, with the Braves, Mets, and Phillies, but the division also contains the Nats. The West is the best div in the NL imo.

Overall, I'd say the Marlins are good for about 60-65 wins next season, which would be far better in terms of performance compared to the Dolphins and Heat.

Fireball2500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Fireball2500
Member since 2004 • 3421 Posts
Sad to see this happen to a team that won the NBA Championship so recently. I blame Shaq declining on the team recently, though.
Avatar image for Witchking111111
Witchking111111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Witchking111111
Member since 2004 • 7094 Posts
Feel sorry for all those people who had Heat season tickets.
Alaarajab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#9 Alaarajab
Member since 2008 • 129 Posts
Same here i think Dwayne WAde should not get tradded cause hes there whole team. I can't bielive they won last year and now ther in last place this year i would of never thought of it. Whatever there not making to the playoffs this year.
ViciousDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ViciousDream
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

You think since acquiring Shawn Marion that they'd be winning a little more.

Tough. :/

balindos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 balindos
Member since 2003 • 2424 Posts
I dont blame anybody on the Heat team but Riley. It just doenst seem like the players want to play with him. That and the fact that the team has been injury plagued the whole season. Same thing happen to the Dolphins. Seems to be a curse in Miami for some reason. Dolphins ended the last few games of the season without a RB. To lose all your running back plus QB = bad season.
Fireball2500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Fireball2500
Member since 2004 • 3421 Posts
Feel sorry for all those people who had Heat season tickets.Witchking111111
Sadly, at least you get to see better teams every single game.
nbalive4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nbalive4life
Member since 2006 • 306 Posts

I dont think you should blame the HEAT's failures all on Wade. I mostly blame managment for not keeping all of their important defensive players like Shaq, Posey, Walker, and Kapono. Wade's not Flash without Superman....