Lance Briggs and Joey Porter

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
Looks like Briggs has no interest in playing for the Bears and doesn't see himself as a Bear next season. So, where is he likely to end up? What about Joey Porter? Jets? Giants?
nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#2 nygiants1080
Member since 2004 • 9413 Posts
I would like the Giants to get either one...but I doubt it will happen.
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21703 Posts
If Porter signs up with the niners I'll be jellin'. 8)
bookmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 bookmeister
Member since 2007 • 182 Posts
If we Loose lance Briggs than the bears better draft Woodley from Michigan and Cake him and not draft some weak SaS offensive lineman in the first round  because it wont be easy to replace him. I feel the same way about the organzation but thats no reason to risk an Injury and not take the guaranteed 7.2 million if you do get injured. Also Hunter Hillenmeyer doesnt desreve the contract he has and he should have some type of competiton at his position because to me hes just an average linebacker. A long as we got Tommie HArriS>
PatsFanVince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#5 PatsFanVince
Member since 2006 • 290 Posts
I'd pick Briggs over Porter just for the simple fact that hes faster, younger, has more years left.  Then again if you were a owner and wanted to start winning then Porter would be the choice.
JackCarver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JackCarver
Member since 2004 • 69 Posts

Briggs isn't going anywhere....at least for a year.  Bears won't trade him because no team is going to give them a good deal since the Bears have no leverage in a trade negotiation.  And Briggs is way too much of a restricted free agent for any team to offer him a contract after the franchise tag was applied.  Briggs will probably hold out all preseason and maybe even the early games trying to force a trade.  He will play though because he won't get paid otherwise.  Season after that though he's gonna break the bank.

I think Porter will be a Jet.  Next to Vilma that would be beastly.

I'd rather have Briggs even though you can't really compare the two since they come from different defensive styles.  I think Briggs is more versatile then Porter.  They're both damn good though.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts
Porter will go to a defense scheme of a 3-4 , so if your team plays that defense then it would be wise. I'd be skeptical of taking him if my team is playing a 4-3 defense. From what i've been reading, Porter has only played in a 3-4 scheme. I wouldn't take the risk of paying him and then him not being able to play in a 4-3 scheme (could end up looking like Lavar Arrington and letting people open)
dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

Briggs isn't going anywhere....at least for a year. Bears won't trade him because no team is going to give them a good deal since the Bears have no leverage in a trade negotiation. And Briggs is way too much of a restricted free agent for any team to offer him a contract after the franchise tag was applied. Briggs will probably hold out all preseason and maybe even the early games trying to force a trade. He will play though because he won't get paid otherwise. Season after that though he's gonna break the bank.

I think Porter will be a Jet. Next to Vilma that would be beastly.

I'd rather have Briggs even though you can't really compare the two since they come from different defensive styles. I think Briggs is more versatile then Porter. They're both damn good though.

JackCarver

yeah, but if the Bears know they are going to lose Briggs anyways in the next FA then might as well get something in return for Briggs.