Jamal Lewis Signs With Cleveland Browns

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#1 nygiants1080
Member since 2004 • 9413 Posts

"Lewis, the franchise's all-time leading rusher, broke away from the Ravens and agreed to a deal with the rival Cleveland Browns on Wednesday. Terms were not disclosed, but Lewis reached the agreement Wednesday night after a visit to Cleveland."

Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2791313

Now another question is...where does Adrian Peterson go? And will the Browns perhaps take Calvin Johnson?

mariomaniac92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 mariomaniac92
Member since 2006 • 5482 Posts
Yeah I was gonna say... So much for Adrian Peterson...I personally don't think that was a smart move.
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts
All day might be sitting all day come draft day. :lol: I wonder where he will fall to now, I knew the Texans were gonna get him but they signed Ahman Green so there that goes. Maybe the Bills will grab him if they trade Mcgahee or maybe the Packers get lucky and grab him at 16.
xbox360isgr8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 xbox360isgr8t
Member since 2006 • 6600 Posts
now browns will either go brady quinn or maybe thomas from wisconsin. this makes the most sense as long as one or the other player are there. they get thomas with steinbach (might have spelled his name wrong the new FA lineman they got) and bentley if healthy with lewis. they have a great run team. they have a good line so quinn would also work.
nickmag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nickmag
Member since 2006 • 6710 Posts
I hope the Browns get Brady Quinn with their pick now. It would be a nice boost to the team and city. Hell, with Lewis, Quinn, Winslow and Edwards not to mention their revamped O-Line (along with a strong defence) they could hit 9 wins this season. I doubt they'll get Calvin Johnson considering they spent a pick on Edwards two years ago and he was supposed to be the next big thing but without a decent QB he has hardly done anything.
romocop33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 romocop33
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts
the broncos will definately take AD if he falls to them, which he won't.
mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts

I don't think he will fall that low in the first round

All day might be sitting all day come draft day. :lol: I wonder where he will fall to now, I knew the Texans were gonna get him but they signed Ahman Green so there that goes. Maybe the Bills will grab him if they trade Mcgahee or maybe the Packers get lucky and grab him at 16.Espurs117

Tophery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Tophery
Member since 2006 • 210 Posts
I hope the Browns get Brady Quinn with their pick now. It would be a nice boost to the team and city. Hell, with Lewis, Quinn, Winslow and Edwards not to mention their revamped O-Line (along with a strong defence) they could hit 9 wins this season. I doubt they'll get Calvin Johnson considering they spent a pick on Edwards two years ago and he was supposed to be the next big thing but without a decent QB he has hardly done anything. nickmag

I hope they get Brady Quinn as well, so that they can continue to suck spectacularly.
killax98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 killax98
Member since 2006 • 294 Posts
ever heard of RB by commite? drougns is gone i think, they still will get AP plus Lewis only signed a 1 yr deal 
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#10 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
Are the Giants going to try for a HB at all, Lewis and McGahee were the guys I was hoping, and now Lewis is off the market.
nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#11 nygiants1080
Member since 2004 • 9413 Posts
Giants still have the draft or they could still sign Rhodes or T.J. Duckett.
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#12 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
Are the Giants going to try for a HB at all, Lewis and McGahee were the guys I was hoping, and now Lewis is off the market.mrgab
Forgot McGahee, he was traded to Baltimore today for 3 draft picks. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2791831
mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts

Boy was that a silly move.  They downgraded to a powerback in Lewis to an injury prone back in McGahee.

[QUOTE="mrgab"]Are the Giants going to try for a HB at all, Lewis and McGahee were the guys I was hoping, and now Lewis is off the market.mrgab
Forgot McGahee, he was traded to Baltimore today for 3 draft picks. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2791831

Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts

Boy was that a silly move.  They downgraded to a powerback in Lewis to an injury prone back in McGahee.

[QUOTE="mrgab"][QUOTE="mrgab"]Are the Giants going to try for a HB at all, Lewis and McGahee were the guys I was hoping, and now Lewis is off the market.mrvic87

Downgraded?

McGahee is still a young RB who I think will only get better. Lewis on the hand, has been on the downside since his record-breaking season a couple of years ago.Â