Is there any point to spending $29 for MLB 2K7?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

basersx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 basersx
Member since 2005 • 6222 Posts

Is there any point to spending $29 for MLB 2K7?

I have 2k6 and do play it even though it’s a terrible baseball game.  It’s just the only baseball game so I have no choice.  Is there any real improvements to 2K7 that would justify shelling out $29 for it and supporting a game maker I absolutely hate, 2k Sports?

I really do LOVE baseball and want a good MLB baseball game again badly!

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts
im the same way but its like that with me and EA we have a love and hate relationship, but back to the topic MLB 2k7 is a big improvement over last years game and I think anyone would agree with that, if you could get it for $30 go for it because thats a really good deal in my opinion
basersx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 basersx

im the same way but its like that with me and EA we have a love and hate relationship, but back to the topic MLB 2k7 is a big improvement over last years game and I think anyone would agree with that, if you could get it for $30 go for it because thats a really good deal in my opinionandyboiii

$29 is the retail price for the Xbox 1 version which is what I'm talking about everywhere.  Wal-Mart, Blockbuster, Target, everywhere.  But I might check it out then if it’s an improvement.  And I don't love EA but they sure were a lot better at making baseball games than 2K.  MVP 2005 was the best baseball game ever made.  And then MLB and to go and give the license to 2K, that sucks so badly.

haterex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 haterex
Member since 2004 • 2410 Posts
MLB: The Show >>>> MLB: 2K....
basersx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 basersx

MLB: The Show >>>> MLB: 2K....haterex

Yeah but its only on PS3 and there is no way I'm getting a PS3.

By the way I just looked up 2k7 prices.  It's $29 for Xbox 1 and $59 for 360!!!  Thats crazy graphics are not woth a 100% markup!!  Even if I had a 360 I think I would buy the Xbox 1 version for half the price.  But they probably made it so it wont run on a 360 to make people spend the money.  Thats really un-cool.

haterex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 haterex
Member since 2004 • 2410 Posts

[QUOTE="haterex"]MLB: The Show >>>> MLB: 2K....basersx

Yeah but its only on PS3 and there is no way I'm getting a PS3.

MLB: The Show it's for the ps2 and psp also...  :wink:
FurRabbit8877

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FurRabbit8877
Member since 2004 • 646 Posts
The old gen MLB 2k7 i heard was pretty bad. The Next Gen however is a big improvement over 2K6. I wouldn't buy MLB 2K7 on the old gen though.
Avatar image for bloody1f4knight
bloody1f4knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 bloody1f4knight
Member since 2006 • 4922 Posts
no.. I am not even planning to rent that game
XxMa5icarxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 XxMa5icarxX
Member since 2004 • 6621 Posts
If you have an xbox 360 then buy the game if your still in the ps2 xbox world then get a 360. If you cant afford one then id say rent 2k7 art least
dru26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dru26
Member since 2005 • 5505 Posts
I love MLB 2k7 for the ps3.
-ZeRoHouR-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 -ZeRoHouR-
Member since 2003 • 8089 Posts
I love the game.  My only complaint is the lack of power on home runs (why does it always just barely get hit past the wall??)  and WHY DO I ALWAYS GET CAUGHT STEALING@!??
FurRabbit8877

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FurRabbit8877
Member since 2004 • 646 Posts
I love the game. My only complaint is the lack of power on home runs (why does it always just barely get hit past the wall??) and WHY DO I ALWAYS GET CAUGHT STEALING@!??
-ZeRoHouR-
LOL!, lack of power. MLB 2K7 is the most HR Derby hitting game ever made.
-ZeRoHouR-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 -ZeRoHouR-
[QUOTE="-ZeRoHouR-"]I love the game. My only complaint is the lack of power on home runs (why does it always just barely get hit past the wall??) and WHY DO I ALWAYS GET CAUGHT STEALING@!??
FurRabbit8877

I'm not talking about how many home runs I hit, I do hit plenty.....actually, I hit a lot but I am talking about how they just barely get hit over the wall.  I only hit 1 home run over 410ft.  I used a cheat to get that home run achievement since it was really making me upset.
XxMa5icarxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 XxMa5icarxX
Member since 2004 • 6621 Posts
[QUOTE="FurRabbit8877"][QUOTE="-ZeRoHouR-"]I love the game. My only complaint is the lack of power on home runs (why does it always just barely get hit past the wall??) and WHY DO I ALWAYS GET CAUGHT STEALING@!??
-ZeRoHouR-

I'm not talking about how many home runs I hit, I do hit plenty.....actually, I hit a lot but I am talking about how they just barely get hit over the wall. I only hit 1 home run over 410ft. I used a cheat to get that home run achievement since it was really making me upset.

lol your having trouble and 410 feet is far. I didnt even have to cheat to get 450
-ZeRoHouR-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 -ZeRoHouR-
[QUOTE="-ZeRoHouR-"][QUOTE="FurRabbit8877"][QUOTE="-ZeRoHouR-"]I love the game. My only complaint is the lack of power on home runs (why does it always just barely get hit past the wall??) and WHY DO I ALWAYS GET CAUGHT STEALING@!??
XxMa5icarxX

I'm not talking about how many home runs I hit, I do hit plenty.....actually, I hit a lot but I am talking about how they just barely get hit over the wall. I only hit 1 home run over 410ft. I used a cheat to get that home run achievement since it was really making me upset.

lol your having trouble and 410 feet is far. I didnt even have to cheat to get 450

Ugh.....Yes I know it is but what I am trying to get at is the fact that roughly 98% of my home runs just barely get hit hard enough for a home run and most of the time, the CPU always robs me. 
cLAssic_BLUE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 cLAssic_BLUE
Member since 2007 • 599 Posts
want a great game play MVP baseball 2005. still play that game like it came out last week. as far as recreating the sport of baseball this game is perfect.