I hate the NBA and heres why

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 0

#1 peacebringer
Member since 2006 • 3371 Posts

Lebron this Lebron that last year it was Dwayne wade this dwayne wade that , the year before that Keven garrnet this Kevin garrnet that. um hello it's not the Lebron james Cavaliers. if i was in the Cavs i would miss those shots on purpose even if i make it Lebrons gonna get the credit for passing it to me.  Ever since MJ  left the game ever year they try to pick another jabrony whos"the next jordan" i swears there been like 6 next jordans and heres there names

Penny Hardaway

Vince Carter

Tracy Magrady

Dwayne Wade

Allen Iverson(whos possibly the closest to jordan there ever was)

Lebron James

Carmello Anthony

So wich one is it ESPN, wich one of these guys is the next jordan? heres the answer none of them none of there names starts with Michael or ends with Jordan. 

danjam2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 danjam2007
Member since 2007 • 395 Posts
skill wise id say LEBRON is the closest to JORDAN....IVERSON just isint a team player...but dont forget JORDAN always had an amazing team to play with,UNLIke lebron...
peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 peacebringer

skill wise id say LEBRON is the closest to JORDAN....IVERSON just isint a team player...but dont forget JORDAN always had an amazing team to play with,UNLIke lebron...danjam2007
Lebron skill wise is nothing like jordan. look at todays game he's to much of a inside player jordan would have shot a fadeaway and won todays game but lebron was trying to lay it up he's nothing compared to jordan for one he's bigger wich makes him slower and he can't shoot a fadeaway like jordan. Lerbon dose a great job with his team , cmon it's the cavaliers there in the playoffs thats enough. but he just is to much dependent on the inside game and he's not as dominating as lets say a shaq to try to lay up a game winning shot with 4 guys in your way. After Lebron gets sent home this playoffs next year his teams gonna be effected and i see his hype dying out. Todays game was horrible after he missed the shot he stood there looking at his teamates trying to get the ball check out the clips on ESPN you'll see he was kinda shocked he didn't make it or get a foul call, sure he maybe was made he didn't get the call but he needs to still keep the play going to ensure his team wins.

P.S trying to call every kid who can dunk the next Jordanis stupid IMO. there never gonna be a next Jordan. the press needs to stop doing that call them by there names there not Jordan and they will never will be unless Jordan has a boy and names him Michael Jordan JR then there in no Next Jordan

danjam2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 danjam2007
dude the pistons are one of the best defencesive teams in the NBA ...lebron is still young he doesnt have a big man like WADE or a 2nd man like jordan did .....give james a SHAQ or a NASH and hed be unstopable
peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 peacebringer
dude the pistons are one of the best defencesive teams in the NBA ...lebron is still young he doesnt have a big man like WADE or a 2nd man like jordan did .....give james a SHAQ or a NASH and hed be unstopabledanjam2007
Wade is a guard do you know anything about the NBA? he's smaller than James....... Sadly players like James require to much money to have another rgeat player with them.... he will never have a Shaq. the best chance Cavs have is for next season to draft that tall chinese player Yi Juliana(something like that)
danjam2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 danjam2007
i know WADE is a guard i just said that he has a big guy to play with SHAQ....lebron is bassically the whole team...HUGES is either on or off...GOODEN is defensive..ISGALSKIS???? HE JUST STINKS...so its to much pressure for a player to put a team on his back,look how hes been doing latley...NOT SO GOOD
peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 peacebringer
i know WADE is a guard i just said that he has a big guy to play with SHAQ....lebron is bassically the whole team...HUGES is either on or off...GOODEN is defensive..ISGALSKIS???? HE JUST STINKS...so its to much pressure for a player to put a team on his back,look how hes been doing latley...NOT SO GOODdanjam2007
aaahhhhh i misunderstood, yeah but thats why king james isn't King big guys are the kings of the league give me Shaq or Duncan or Dirk anyday of the week over a foward he's not tall enough and not fast enough.
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
The closest thing to Michael has been Kobe.
Nene33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Nene33
Member since 2007 • 7870 Posts

The closest to MJ is Dwayne Wade, he's got the speed, the athleticism and the technique, he's also just as important as Jordan was to the Bulls(they win with him, they loose without him), LeBron is kind of a mix between Jordan and Pippen, and his mindset is very different then Jordan's, he's also not as clutch as both Jordan and Wade are.

adamf_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 adamf_17
Member since 2005 • 238 Posts
Personally I think that LeBron is over-publicized.  I understand what he is, but doesn't it get boring to admire all of these SG/SF types that average around 25 ppg.  They all seem the same after a while.  I am personally excited to see Mr. Oden in action (no, I am not a Blazers fan).  A good big that has some athleticism will be much more interesting to watch than a guy that flies in for dunks all the time.  Of course the PG position is my favorite anyway, so I may be a little biased.
MahlerFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MahlerFreak
Member since 2006 • 148 Posts
Lebron is more is much more like Magic or Bird. Though he seems to lack the killer instict of either of them. Kobe is definatly the closest thing to Jordan. Others have been as athletic, but very few offer the 'step on your throat' mentality that Kobe and MJ bring to the floor. Lebron, DWade and Carmelo aren't even complete players. They don't seem to play defense too well.
viberooni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12 viberooni
Member since 2003 • 1396 Posts

You hate the NBA because there hasn't been a player like Michael Jordan in the leauge since he left, or because they market their upcoming stars as such?

If it's the latter, the key word is potential - all of those guys listed came into the league with loads of talent and plenty of upside, it's up to their actions on the court to define their level of greatness. Of course it's a team game and everyone has to contribute in order to be successful, but it sounds like you're just hating on the most talented guys in the league. Just don't listen to ESPN hype idiots and appreciate their individual games for what they are. 

If it's the former, well, we can't expect another Jordan to come along maybe ever. And even MJ didn't win his first title until he was 29. There will be other dominant and great hall of fame caliber players, but the guy was Tiger Woods, he was the league, he made Space Jam. Let his legacy live in peace, I say.

viberooni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 viberooni

Personally I think that LeBron is over-publicized. I understand what he is, but doesn't it get boring to admire all of these SG/SF types that average around 25 ppg. They all seem the same after a while. I am personally excited to see Mr. Oden in action (no, I am not a Blazers fan). A good big that has some athleticism will be much more interesting to watch than a guy that flies in for dunks all the time. Of course the PG position is my favorite anyway, so I may be a little biased.adamf_17

The thing that makes LeBron interesting to me is he can play like a PG in the body of a SF - his court vision, decision making, athleticism and natrual ability to score/rebound is really something to behold. He's been improving rapidly on the defensive end and with his outside shot as well. I never saw Oscar Robertson but I imagine he brought a similar skillset to the table.

Unfortunatley he plays in a horribly designed offense that runs about 3 plays, one of which is the dreaded ISO at the top of the key while everyone else clears out and stands around. LeBron can be so much better if he just had some quality teammates that compliment his game and a coach with some more creativity than Mike Brown.

adamf_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 adamf_17
Member since 2005 • 238 Posts
I agree that Cleveland's offense is horrible.  LeBron is a great playmaker, but they could use a pure point guard with a good shooting touch (maybe Bibby) to take the pressure off of him and allow him to focus on his own offense.
Last_Stand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Last_Stand
Member since 2004 • 3281 Posts

Admittedly, it's the same way with every other major sport. In baseball, it's Sox Yanks Sox Yanks Dice-K Clemens Dice-K Clemens.

In the NFL, it's Farve Brady Manning (insert which).

Not so much in hockey here in the States.

But I'd say the NBA gets much less such exposure on a single athlete than the other major sports. Come on, I hear just as much about Dirk Nowiszki and Steve Nash as I do LeBron, until recently, of course, since the Cavs are only one of four teams left in the playoffs.

I hate the NBA because of the general lack of emotion and ignorance in the stands compared to, say, NCAA basketball, and the fact that the 24-second shot clock really speeds up the game to the point where it looks like there is little strategy involved.

Knowledge33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Knowledge33
Member since 2007 • 841 Posts
I hate squirrels. That is all.
LessThanMarcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LessThanMarcus
Member since 2003 • 655 Posts

You forgot one. I'm a Spurs fan and dislike the Lakers. But Kobe is better than Jordan. How many rings did Jordan have by the time he was 28? Lakers aren't winning right now because Kobe doesn't have his Pippen. Kobe scoring 81 and his streak of 50 point games is just absurd. I believe Jordan only made it to 69. He didn't start winning til his 30s. I'm sure everyone disagrees but that's my view

ZebethOrZebes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 ZebethOrZebes
Member since 2004 • 5997 Posts
I think it's silly to dislike a sport because of the way it is marketed. Sure, ESPN will try to produce a storyline to get casual fans interested, but it's still an exciting team sport that emphasizes cohesion and co-ordination.
viberooni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 viberooni

You forgot one. I'm a Spurs fan and dislike the Lakers. But Kobe is better than Jordan. How many rings did Jordan have by the time he was 28? Lakers aren't winning right now because Kobe doesn't have his Pippen. Kobe scoring 81 and his streak of 50 point games is just absurd. I believe Jordan only made it to 69. He didn't start winning til his 30s. I'm sure everyone disagrees but that's my view

LessThanMarcus

Jordan had zero help on the Bulls during his early career and was going up against legendary Eastern Conference powerhouses like Bird's Celtics, Isiah's Pistons and Malone's 76ers. Kobe won titles in his early career playing with one of the greatest/most dominant Centers of all time and one of the greatest coaches of all time. I would like to believe Jordan could have matched that feat were he afforded the same luxury. Hell he probably would have won 4 rings with Shaq.

Also you're arguing greatness based on career highs in points, which doesn't make sense at all. Statistical anomolies and records are entertaining but the fact is that only two players in the history of the league AVERAGED over 30 ppg for their entire careers, Wilt and Michael. Jordan also won 7 consecutive scoring titles, 10 total. Averaged over 37ppg in his third season with 8 50+ pt games. And that's just a scoring comparison. Kobe is great, but he is no MJ.

Cable777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Cable777
Member since 2007 • 184 Posts
The closest thing to Michael has been Kobe.Master_Live
kobe is garbage
peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 peacebringer
[QUOTE="LessThanMarcus"]

viberooni

Jordan had zero help on the Bulls during his early career and was going up against legendary Eastern Conference powerhouses like Bird's Celtics, Isiah's Pistons and Malone's 76ers. Kobe won titles in his early career playing with one of the greatest/most dominant Centers of all time and one of the greatest coaches of all time. I would like to believe Jordan could have matched that feat were he afforded the same luxury. Hell he probably would have won 4 rings with Shaq.

Also you're arguing greatness based on career highs in points, which doesn't make sense at all. Statistical anomolies and records are entertaining but the fact is that only two players in the history of the league AVERAGED over 30 ppg for their entire careers, Wilt and Michael. Jordan also won 7 consecutive scoring titles, 10 total. Averaged over 37ppg in his third season with 8 50+ pt games. And that's just a scoring comparison. Kobe is great, but he is no MJ.

Pippen are is he joking? Pippen is not that good dude Jordan made Pippen. Pippen sucked the 2 years Jordan retired and he wanted a trade and when jordan came back they won 3 more finals. Jordan made all these players look betetr than they were

Luke Longley

Scottie Pippen 

Steve Kurr

John Paxton 

Tony Kukoks(spelling)

the only player who was of high caliber was Dennis Rodman who till this day is the best defense,hustler and rebounder ever but he came at the end of the Bulls success. Jordan accounted for the rest the first 4 championships and the reason For most of this was the NBA wasn't that competitive.

Kobe is a ballhog and if you go but just points scored you know nothing. Kobe is just scoring so much points cause he made everygood player leave so he can score all the points he's not betetr than jordan if he didn't have Shaq he wouldn't ever win a title and Jordan never had a Shaq type player. Shaq is 7 foot and weighs 300 plus pounds and was like a train who was nasty. 

yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#22 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts
its funny how they say barry bonds is the next hank aaron... or how cheese is the next tv dinner...
peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 peacebringer
its funny how they say barry bonds is the next hank aaron... or how cheese is the next tv dinner...yellosnolvr
Barry Bond is the next Pete Rose , in 10 -15 years he'll release an autobigraphy admiting he cheated, wich is obvious he used something. I have Barry Bonds rookie card and i was a fan of his and then one year he just got huge like he ate nothing but bacon all summer. if you look at his history it's like 20 to 30 hr's then all off a sudden 82 and up. atleast mark mguire was hitting 40 to 50 HR's every year till he broke the record. If barry wants the record that much to Cheat his way then more power to him. but everyone knows he's cheating and when he breaks the record no one will care so it's a mute point. Hank Aaron to me is still a betetr player.
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts
Lebron James is as close as anyone will get. It's not his fault the team sucks.
JdmdrifteR1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JdmdrifteR1
Member since 2004 • 1923 Posts
He's 22 his best years are ahead of him Jordan was 28 when he got over the Piston hurdle and the cavaliers have been getting better and more experienced each year.  I wish people would stop comparing him to Jordan though, there will not be another Jordan and I think it's a curse to be labeled the next Jordan.  Jordan is set no one's gonna forget his legacy, someone is gonna come along and be better or just good as Jordan it's just a matter of when Kobe is the closest one right now, but i hate him at least i can acknowledge he's that good.  I'm a big fan of Lebron, but I hate his situation they need a pg that can make plays and pick up the pace.  I wish they also had a better big man and if they could get jianlian that would perfect but it's not gonna happen. 
Gamer556

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Gamer556
Member since 2006 • 3846 Posts

LessThanMarcus

The only things Kobe has over Jordan is 81. Ooutside of that, Jordan has him beat in every way (including PPG averages).

Avatar image for deactivated-58e533ed44b01
deactivated-58e533ed44b01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 deactivated-58e533ed44b01
Member since 2003 • 1747 Posts

so you hate the NBA because there isnt another Jordan?.....but you said there never will be

or do you hate it because they comapre players to Jordan?.....of course if you consider him the best then shouldnt the rest emulate him? 

LessThanMarcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LessThanMarcus
Member since 2003 • 655 Posts
Scoring 81 points is ridiculous. Just last night the Pistons scored 79 points. A whole team scored 79 and Kobe drops 81 on the Raptors. Kobe isn't top 5 players of all time like Jordan is but one on one I think Kobe is the better player. And no I'm not joking, I think Pippen WAS in the top 50 greatest players of all time. So I think he contributed a bit. No NBA team has ever won with a single all-star. If so please let me know.
peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 peacebringer
Scoring 81 points is ridiculous. Just last night the Pistons scored 79 points. A whole team scored 79 and Kobe drops 81 on the Raptors. Kobe isn't top 5 players of all time like Jordan is but one on one I think Kobe is the better player. And yes I think Pippen WAS in the top 50 greatest players of all time. So I think contributed a bit.LessThanMarcus
Yes Scottie Pippen was but who can argue with that Many rings? but who got them those rings? If Jordan wasn't playing they would have any rings. if Pippen wasn't on that team they still would have won that many Championships. Thats the differance. Scottie Pippen was an undersized Foward he wasn't that dominating, he was on the right team at the right time. If Barkley or malone was on the Bulls then you can say but Jordan had. Pippen when he played those 2 teams in the Finals he could not defend them they had to put one of there Centers to guard those Foawrds if anything pippen was a problem even though he was a good fast player for his height. Thats why they got Rodman. Dennis Rodman is a freak off a leash and the fact that he is not on the top 50 players just cause Scottie pippen had more Rings before 1996 is kinda sad. Dennis Rodam> Scottie pippen , he prooved that during his time with Chicago, 72-10 the bulls went with Rodman. The bulls were that good cause Rodman played such good defens and the rest of the team played such good offense it was a match made in heaven.
d12malu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 d12malu
Member since 2002 • 1023 Posts
There isnt another Michael Jordan because he was one-of-a-kind. They didnt get cut in their junior year of high school, they didnt hit a game clincher in the national championship, they haven't won 6 championships, they didnt make Nike a household name, they haven't tried out for baseball, blah blah blah...There was never a player like Michael Jordan and never will be.
peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 peacebringer

There isnt another Michael Jordan because he was one-of-a-kind. They didnt get cut in their junior year of high school, they didnt hit a game clincher in the national championship, they haven't won 6 championships, they didnt make Nike a household name, they haven't tried out for baseball, blah blah blah...There was never a player like Michael Jordan and never will be.d12malu
ROFL"They haven't tried out for baseball" to his credit though didn't he make a team like AA or AAA? BasketBall and Baseball are 2 completly differant things Just to be able to make any type of Rank after being a NBA player is pretty good and show the athleticism he had. best Multi Sports players

Deion Sanders

Bo Jackson

Think deions better he was actually awsome in Football as a Croner(prob one of the best ever?) and he played in the MLB that alone is impressive. But remember Bo Jackson running on the wall ttrying to catch a fly ball that was crazy.

d12malu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 d12malu

[QUOTE="d12malu"]There isnt another Michael Jordan because he was one-of-a-kind. They didnt get cut in their junior year of high school, they didnt hit a game clincher in the national championship, they haven't won 6 championships, they didnt make Nike a household name, they haven't tried out for baseball, blah blah blah...There was never a player like Michael Jordan and never will be.peacebringer

ROFL"They haven't tried out for baseball" to his credit though didn't he make a team like AA or AAA? BasketBall and Baseball are 2 completly differant things Just to be able to make any type of Rank after being a NBA player is pretty good and show the athleticism he had. best Multi Sports players

Deion Sanders

Bo Jackson

Think deions better he was actually awsome in Football as a Croner(prob one of the best ever?) and he played in the MLB that alone is impressive. But remember Bo Jackson running on the wall ttrying to catch a fly ball that was crazy.

Heh, I guess baseball isnt a prerequisite for best basketball player ever, but what Michael Jordan brought to the table was more than basketball. To bring not only the best basketball skills with the best marketability made Jordan an even bigger basketball player. Imagine Tim Duncan in GQ regularly. Or Kobe w/o legal issues in his past and winning championships. No one can predict the next player who achieves the stardom that Jordan achieved, they can only wait till the smoke and dust clears and judge it then. But as of right now, it is already too late for this generation of players.  

peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 peacebringer
[QUOTE="peacebringer"]

[QUOTE="d12malu"]There isnt another Michael Jordan because he was one-of-a-kind. They didnt get cut in their junior year of high school, they didnt hit a game clincher in the national championship, they haven't won 6 championships, they didnt make Nike a household name, they haven't tried out for baseball, blah blah blah...There was never a player like Michael Jordan and never will be.d12malu

Deion Sanders

Bo Jackson

Heh, I guess baseball isnt a prerequisite for best basketball player ever, but what Michael Jordan brought to the table was more than basketball. To bring not only the best basketball skills with the best marketability made Jordan an even bigger basketball player. Imagine Tim Duncan in GQ regularly. Or Kobe w/o legal issues in his past and winning championships. No one can predict the next player who achieves the stardom that Jordan achieved, they can only wait till the smoke and dust clears and judge it then. But as of right now, it is already too late for this generation of players.

Yeah thats pretty much right. one thing i just noticed from what you said"No One can predict the next player who achieves the stardom that Jordan achieved" Players like lebron and Kobe have thats Stardom handed to them while Jordan earned it with 3 CHampionships before he won 1 Championship he was just a good player trying to win a championship and he wasn't "The i wanna be like Mike Icon" but Lebron with Zero championships in College or NBA is already on the same Stardom as Jordan, and this is why i hate the NBA. They hand these players this stardom before they proove themselves and they never have to proove themselfs cause they already have it all, they lose that drive cause they already have that Stardom.If they didn't hype Lebron he would be playing much betetr trying to proove he deserves to be named in the same sentance as Jordan but since he was in highschool they been comparing him to Jordan, you can't just pick players just cause they can dunk and shoot to fill such big shoes. They can't even win a Gold at the olympics shows you there drive for the sport.
d12malu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 d12malu
[QUOTE="d12malu"][QUOTE="peacebringer"]

[QUOTE="d12malu"]There isnt another Michael Jordan because he was one-of-a-kind. They didnt get cut in their junior year of high school, they didnt hit a game clincher in the national championship, they haven't won 6 championships, they didnt make Nike a household name, they haven't tried out for baseball, blah blah blah...There was never a player like Michael Jordan and never will be.peacebringer

Deion Sanders

Bo Jackson

Yeah thats pretty much right. one thing i just noticed from what you said"No One can predict the next player who achieves the stardom that Jordan achieved" Players like lebron and Kobe have thats Stardom handed to them while Jordan earned it with 3 CHampionships before he won 1 Championship he was just a good player trying to win a championship and he wasn't "The i wanna be like Mike Icon" but Lebron with Zero championships in College or NBA is already on the same Stardom as Jordan, and this is why i hate the NBA. They hand these players this stardom before they proove themselves and they never have to proove themselfs cause they already have it all, they lose that drive cause they already have that Stardom.If they didn't hype Lebron he would be playing much betetr trying to proove he deserves to be named in the same sentance as Jordan but since he was in highschool they been comparing him to Jordan, you can't just pick players just cause they can dunk and shoot to fill such big shoes. They can't even win a Gold at the olympics shows you there drive for the sport.

Exactly. This league is so hungry for another Jordan, they are willing to anoint any phenom that comes in the next great one. Not one player before or since has put it all together. Every superstar now has issues. Image, legal issues, high school player, no championships. Olympics is a perfect example. How many players have coughed up excuses for dropping out of the Olympic team? I mean, Jordan won the 84' Gold Medal in college! Jordan just seemed to have everything covered, so much that it was able to cover up his flaws like gambling, women, and whatever else. If the NBA keeps looking for the next Jordan, they won't find him. NBA is a league of stars now, but no superstars.

Btw, I actually love the NBA but I see your point. It's mostly b/c I love basketball. High school to the pros, it's all the same.

peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 peacebringer
[QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="d12malu"][QUOTE="peacebringer"]

[QUOTE="d12malu"]There isnt another Michael Jordan because he was one-of-a-kind. They didnt get cut in their junior year of high school, they didnt hit a game clincher in the national championship, they haven't won 6 championships, they didnt make Nike a household name, they haven't tried out for baseball, blah blah blah...There was never a player like Michael Jordan and never will be.d12malu

Deion Sanders

Bo Jackson

Exactly. This league is so hungry for another Jordan, they are willing to anoint any phenom that comes in the next great one. Not one player before or since has put it all together. Every superstar now has issues. Image, legal issues, high school player, no championships. Olympics is a perfect example. How many players have coughed up excuses for dropping out of the Olympic team? I mean, Jordan won the 84' Gold Medal in college! Jordan just seemed to have everything covered, so much that it was able to cover up his flaws like gambling, women, and whatever else. If the NBA keeps looking for the next Jordan, they won't find him. NBA is a league of stars now, but no superstars.

Btw, I actually love the NBA but I see your point. It's mostly b/c I love basketball. High school to the pros, it's all the same.

I love Basketball i just can't stand the NBA right now i havn't seen games for a long time now. I go Muwahahahaha when tems like Spurs and Detroit win the Finals and i'm sure you know why ;)
dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
There is no one more talented than Lebron in the league right now. You tell me when you see another 6 foot 8 inch, 240 pound dude run and jump like Lebron.
peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 peacebringer
There is no one more talented than Lebron in the league right now. You tell me when you see another 6 foot 8 inch, 240 pound dude run and jump like Lebron.dkhw
................... Just cause he can jump and run fast? ever heard of a jumpshot? if lebron was so good he would have shot a jump shot last game to win the game. Rasheed is a better player than Lebron IMHO he can shoot a 3 , Shoot a jumpo shot better and if he wasn't in foul trouble he would charge the whole wich he can do.
kdt55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 kdt55
Member since 2004 • 2525 Posts
[QUOTE="d12malu"][QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="d12malu"][QUOTE="peacebringer"]

Deion Sanders

Bo Jackson

I love Basketball i just can't stand the NBA right now i havn't seen games for a long time now. I go Muwahahahaha when tems like Spurs and Detroit win the Finals and i'm sure you know why ;)

I can quote people too damn it.

springz300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 springz300
Member since 2004 • 2050 Posts

I havent watched basketball seriously since jordan left.

And I watched the warriors in the playoffs because they worked hard, and they beat the mavericks. They'll prolly be bak next year

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

In the 2 years without Jordan ..... Scottie Pippen was All-NBA 1st team and All-NBA 1st defense both years. I just wanted to point that out.

peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 peacebringer

In the 2 years without Jordan ..... Scottie Pippen was All-NBA 1st team and All-NBA 1st defense both years. I just wanted to point that out.

Nike_Air
You do know those were the worst years in terms of talent? Most the Old school was getting to old it was just a time when not that many great players were entering the league. Pippen played good D but he was covering guards and he was a tall guy but very Skinny. He coulnt' Cover Karl Malone or Charles Barkley in the playoffs cause they woould just bump him and dunk in his face so they put the centers on them, this is how the Centers from the bulls made names for themselves, people noticed they were guarding these great players and they started naming them like they were great Centers but they were coveing Power Foawrds lol, i gotta give credit to Phil jackson for noticing those michmatches.
carnage2k9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 carnage2k9
Member since 2007 • 272 Posts

Lebron this Lebron that last year it was Dwayne wade this dwayne wade that , the year before that Keven garrnet this Kevin garrnet that. um hello it's not the Lebron james Cavaliers. if i was in the Cavs i would miss those shots on purpose even if i make it Lebrons gonna get the credit for passing it to me.  Ever since MJ  left the game ever year they try to pick another jabrony whos"the next jordan" i swears there been like 6 next jordans and heres there names

Penny Hardaway

Vince Carter

Tracy Magrady

Dwayne Wade

Allen Iverson(whos possibly the closest to jordan there ever was)

Lebron James

Carmello Anthony

So wich one is it ESPN, wich one of these guys is the next jordan? heres the answer none of them none of there names starts with Michael or ends with Jordan. 

peacebringer

Dwayne wade is not considered the next jordan, nor Vince carter. your'e list is flawed its missing Kobe Bryant the next MJ.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Nike_Air
[QUOTE="Nike_Air"]

peacebringer

You do know those were the worst years in terms of talent? Most the Old school was getting to old it was just a time when not that many great players were entering the league. Pippen played good D but he was covering guards and he was a tall guy but very Skinny. He coulnt' Cover Karl Malone or Charles Barkley in the playoffs cause they woould just bump him and dunk in his face so they put the centers on them, this is how the Centers from the bulls made names for themselves, people noticed they were guarding these great players and they started naming them like they were great Centers but they were coveing Power Foawrds lol, i gotta give credit to Phil jackson for noticing those michmatches.

You have just revealed your poor NBA IQ. Pippen is a small forward NOT a power forward.

peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 peacebringer
[QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="Nike_Air"]

Nike_Air

You have just revealed your poor NBA IQ. Pippen is a small forward NOT a power forward.

I never said he was, i was just showing how he wasn't that versitile, wouln't you want your best defender on The better players? you can get a Small foward like Magic and Larry bird they could cover Power fowards even though there small fowards. i know Pippens a small foward i'm just saying he wwas the best defender in the foward postion but he was only guarding Guards and fowards, who he had an advantage over so sometimes he would guard the power fowards if they didn't have a huge weight differance.I beleave he did guard Shaw Kemp vs the sonics a few times very well. it's not mandatory that you gover you position you cover who the coach tells you and sometimes in the NBA during the game you may see a foward guard a Center since they move around so much. when Karl Malone or Barkley would be in pippen area it was a blood bath.
UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#45 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
So basically you hate the nba because some tv channel makes a habit of hyping new athletes?  By that logic, you must hate all professional sports leagues because tv networks always have and always will hype new athletes as being the next big thing.
peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 peacebringer
So basically you hate the nba because some tv channel makes a habit of hyping new athletes? By that logic, you must hate all professional sports leagues because tv networks always have and always will hype new athletes as being the next big thing.UT_Wrestler
When the NFL hypes the new player they usally do perform good enough and add something to there teams worth mentioning. but not the same with the NBA. They see a guy who can dunk and there like OMG look at that the carnage, and i'm sitting there watching like what it was a dunk? They brag about Peyton manning since he was in the league and were they wrong? no he has the all time TD record and a super bowl. but in the NFL they don't try to make comparisions to old players. In the NBA it's like all they care about is the next jordan.
UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#47 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
TV networks are always hyping athletes in all sports who turn out to be total busts.  Remember Ryan Leaf?  What difference does it make?  And what does a tv network have to do with whether or not you enjoy watching a professional sports league?
peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 peacebringer
TV networks are always hyping athletes in all sports who turn out to be total busts. Remember Ryan Leaf? What difference does it make? And what does a tv network have to do with whether or not you enjoy watching a professional sports league?UT_Wrestler
The thing about football compared to other sports is the only thing that matters is winning the Super Bowl ,  ask any player in the NFL whats the most important thing? they will say to win a Super Bowl , Even bad teams think they have a shot at the Super Bowl in the preseason. The NFL is that unpredictible. Tom Brady 6th round raft pick did they call it then? No. So people don't lean on star players like the NBA. it's an 11 man sport but really it's a 22 man sport Since offense gives up there seats for defense. 1 man can not control your destiny no matter who he is. Every great player in the NFL had 15 or more great players with him. It's a team effort we know that. Basket Ball is just 5 on 5 with the same guys playing 75 to 90% the whole game.One player can make a big Differance. but you still need help depending on the Stars shortcomings. like Size. Unless your 7 foot or bigger 300 pounds and can move and score like it was pie on close range. Then your not that important to wining your team a championship alone. Now if your under 7 foot and are fast ,strong and can score from "Anywhere on the floor" you will still need help if you don't have a Good center. One of the most important positions is the Center, Remember Wilt Chamberlain? When he played everyone was much smaller than him and the bigger guys were just to slow. This shows how if a Center can overpower everyone it is the will be dominating. Even against sharp shooters wich bakc then everyone can make a jumpshot in there sleep cause no one can dunk. Enter shaq who showed a dominating Center can do alot for a team evem in this centry. The decline nowadays seem to really be no more dominating Centers.
Nene33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Nene33
Member since 2007 • 7870 Posts

Lebron is more is much more like Magic or Bird. Though he seems to lack the killer instict of either of them. Kobe is definatly the closest thing to Jordan. Others have been as athletic, but very few offer the 'step on your throat' mentality that Kobe and MJ bring to the floor. Lebron, DWade and Carmelo aren't even complete players. They don't seem to play defense too well.MahlerFreak

Kobe lacks the abillity to inspire his team though(something Wade does very well), the Lakers start of well, and seem very motivated, and through the year they tend to fade, the team chemistry gets torn apart, by Kobe stating his team isn't good enough every time they loose, which is something MJ would never do.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Nike_Air
[QUOTE="Nike_Air"][QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="Nike_Air"]

peacebringer

I never said he was, i was just showing how he wasn't that versitile, wouln't you want your best defender on The better players? you can get a Small foward like Magic and Larry bird they could cover Power fowards even though there small fowards. i know Pippens a small foward i'm just saying he wwas the best defender in the foward postion but he was only guarding Guards and fowards, who he had an advantage over so sometimes he would guard the power fowards if they didn't have a huge weight differance.I beleave he did guard Shaw Kemp vs the sonics a few times very well. it's not mandatory that you gover you position you cover who the coach tells you and sometimes in the NBA during the game you may see a foward guard a Center since they move around so much. when Karl Malone or Barkley would be in pippen area it was a blood bath.

Barkely and Malone would have killed Magic down low , they pretty much killed the best defensive power forwards in the game let alone a player playing out of position.You are basically trying to say that Magic and Bird were better defenders than Pippen ?  Lol. 

Â