Cowboy fans..is this our year?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shaolin_cza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 shaolin_cza
Member since 2009 • 97 Posts

They seem solid...i think they might win the division..their only problem might be the eagles but i think theyll definitely make playoffs..what do you think?

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
Slow down. They beat the Bucs, who are probably one of the 5 worst teams in football this year.
shaolin_cza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 shaolin_cza
Member since 2009 • 97 Posts
Slow down. They beat the Bucs, who are probably one of the 5 worst teams in football this year. JML897
how can you say the bucs are the top 5 worst teams..who came up with that number?
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts

Of course they are competing for the division. Superbowl tho? Meh, its early. I got the Pats winning it all.

fudger2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#5 fudger2
Member since 2004 • 2315 Posts

nope.

2 of our touchdowns were busted coverages so dont think to highly of the score.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

[QUOTE="JML897"]Slow down. They beat the Bucs, who are probably one of the 5 worst teams in football this year. shaolin_cza
how can you say the bucs are the top 5 worst teams..who came up with that number?

Maybe not one of the 5 worst, but I'd definitely say they're one of the ten worst. It's obviously a rebuilding year for Tampa.

TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TaMuK711
Member since 2009 • 3367 Posts

They are going to have to tighten it up a lot to do so. I think they have the talent, but stupid little mistakes and inconsistency will be our downfall once again I think..

ChronoSerge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ChronoSerge
Member since 2002 • 152 Posts

Romo may have had his best game career wise but he had so many more opportunities that he missed due to poor throws. He got lucky with the throw to Austin but most of his passes were behind the receiver or too low to catch and could have easily been intercepted. They need to step it up especially with the idiot Giants for the home opener. Too early to say yes 1-0 doesn't mean Superbowl trophy #6 will be in Arlington yet but it is a nice start.

P.S. Flozell Adams' streak of games with a penalty keeps going. He needs to stop and not just him but he is the main culprit on the offensive side. Dallas secondary needs to improve and avoid costly penalties much like the penalty in the 2nd half that cost us an easy INT.

feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

When Dallas has a winning record in December, then make another thread like this, but until then, it's just a win against a bad team.

waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts
Umm.... let's worry about the division first. You know... arguably the toughest one in the league.
Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts

It's week 1 and they beat the Bucs... come on.

MarcusAntonius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MarcusAntonius
Member since 2004 • 15667 Posts

I'll be shocked if the Cowboys even manage to get the sixth seed.

duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts
It's week one dude. Be careful.
Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Doomtime
Member since 2004 • 4282 Posts

I'll be shocked if the Cowboys even manage to get the sixth seed.

MarcusAntonius
Me too. The Giants are a threat as well.
dreamtheater36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dreamtheater36
Member since 2004 • 252 Posts
I like everyone picking against us! They picked us to win last year and look how that turned out....we shall see!
thequietguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 thequietguy
Member since 2008 • 2160 Posts
I love how you're chanting "Playoffs" after one game. Does that make my Niners Super Bowl contenders since we beat the Cardinals at Arizona, where they've been 15-4 in the past two years?
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts
I love how you're chanting "Playoffs" after one game. Does that make my Niners Super Bowl contenders since we beat the Cardinals at Arizona, where they've been 15-4 in the past two years?thequietguy
yes :D
Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

TO leaving doesnt fix the fact that the Cowboys are professional choke artists, with Tony Romo at the helm.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c47d700b56ab
deactivated-5c47d700b56ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 deactivated-5c47d700b56ab
Member since 2003 • 8038 Posts
cowboys fans say this EVERY year...
CWEBB04z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 CWEBB04z
Member since 2006 • 4879 Posts
LMAO Dallas? haha!
NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 NetYankEagle
Member since 2007 • 11090 Posts
lol really after 1 game
F1Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 F1Lengend
Member since 2005 • 7909 Posts
fans say this EVERY year...Gunnerman007
Fixed. And not every year, only since TO came to big D, and also since they won the conference, I mean, they were legitimate contenders. Nothing compares to Redskins fans though.
KwasiAsiedu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 KwasiAsiedu
Member since 2006 • 188 Posts

There were a lot of positives in the game. Our T.O.-less offense managed to move the ball quite well. The Bucs could be considered to be one of the weaker teams on our schedule but they found a way to run the ball on our D. They sacked their offensive coordinator recently and still managed 21 pts on us. I want to see what the Boys' can do against the Giants with their D-line and running game. I believe that will be a better test of our progress. Hope we can fly under the radar, no superbowl talk.

waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts
cowboys fans say this EVERY year...Gunnerman007
Every fan believes this. Not exclusive to Cowboys fans lol. I know you wanna hate but find legitimate reasons.
Racer_XLR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Racer_XLR
Member since 2008 • 21664 Posts

their only problem might be the eagles

shaolin_cza

They're in, in my opinion, the toughest division in football.

What about the Giants? And don't sleep on the Skins, their team can still compete if Campbell plays well.

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

I think this is going to be a down year for the division so they might win by default. My prediction for them is they win the division and lose to a wildcard team in the playoffs.

d12malu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 d12malu
Member since 2002 • 1023 Posts

Our year? Maybe for a playoff win. Nobody knows anything after week 1, so we'll see how they look by mid-season and hopefully after a couple division wins. Sunday night will be huge against NY to see how far this team has come. But realistically, I just want a freaking playoff win.

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts

I love the Cowboys hands down. I like Tony Romo a lot, the problem is they start like this every year. Put up big numbers on offense, look really solid, doadecent jobon defense all in Sept-Nov. Then it hits December and they are a totally different team. Their offesnse looks terrible, Tony Turns the ball over, the defense all of a sudden forgets how to tackle, penalties that were there to begin with get worse, and just overall suck.

Now I was very excited how the offense performed despite not having T.O. and that is something they had to do. Show they can still put up numbers without him. One thing I was really happy about is Tony did not throw an INT, something he does practically one time per game or fumble. Then again I remember it is indeed Sept and it was the Bucs. Excited nonetheless.

Ragashahs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ragashahs
Member since 2005 • 8785 Posts

the cowboy are like brett favre. they are always great at teh start of the season but they are truely great if they can maintain that for the entire season and in the playoffs which hasn't been seen the past couple years

MURDA_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MURDA_B
Member since 2008 • 2879 Posts

yes this is are year..superbowl maybe

maverick_41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#31 maverick_41
Member since 2007 • 1195 Posts

I wouldn't say that we would win the division, but I think that it is highly likely that we will make the playoffs. Sunday will determine a lot for me. The Cowboys are one of the most talented teams in the NFl, but we have no depth, which could be a problem. If we can stay healthy: Win the Easy - Eh; be a wildcard team - yes.

sourcerah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 sourcerah
Member since 2003 • 1214 Posts

To answer the TC question... Yes, of course it is!!! But we have to stay healthy. Flozell Adams has to stop jumping offsides. The secondary needs to maintain thier coverage. Tony Romo needs to be more accurate than he was in the first half of the game vs. the buccs. We need to win in Decemeber, when it matters most... Amongst a few other things...But 1 game is way too early to predict a super bowl winner. I'm a die hard Cowboys fan so I think they will go every year. But also lets not forget that the Arizona Cardinals went to the Super Bowl with the same record as us last year. All that matters is making it to the playoffs and then winning in the playoffs. Not who you beat or when u win during the regular, contrary to pouplar belief with some people on this forum...

Yea, he is really starting to get to me. I don't see how he's so much of a great veteran player but has so little discipline [QUOTE="feryl06"]

When Dallas has a winning record in December, then make another thread like this, but until then, it's just a win against a bad team.

ChronoSerge

Very true... I think if we can win 3/4 in December we're in for good run in the post season. It's so disappointin to see us do great from sep to the end of november and then just flop in december.
Umm.... let's worry about the division first. You know... arguably the toughest one in the league.waynehead895
I'm not going against your post, but I'm not too worried about winning the division. There's been a couple years where 3 of us have made the playoffs. I may be mistaken, but I believe the Giants were third in the division the year they won.

They seem solid...i think they might win the division..their only problem might be the eagles but i think theyll definitely make playoffs..what do you think?

shaolin_cza

Eagles?? The Philadelphia Eagles?!? May I ask, out of all the other teams in the NFC (including the Giants) what woud make you chose the Eagles as our only problem. Please, inquiring minds would like to know

DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts
The Cowboys are expected to be the odd ones out in the NFC East this year. The Cowboys need to impress in big games, not givens, to even think about just making the playoffs. And even then Tony Romo has been a complete playoff bust.
-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts
Wayyyy too early buddy:lol:
CajunCeltic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 CajunCeltic
Member since 2009 • 353 Posts
I am glad to see my Cowboys having a good game against the Bucs but a true test will be this week when they face the Giants. I feel that we will have a good year this year and if we do not win the division that we will be in the playoffs as a wildcard team.
BlackStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BlackStalker
Member since 2004 • 719 Posts

LMAO Dallas is going to be lucky to beat Washington for 3rd place in the division. Hahaha your year?!?!!