Best NFL Team this decade?

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tmacscores91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 tmacscores91
Member since 2008 • 1526 Posts
It really only comes down to these two tea
thequietguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 thequietguy
Member since 2008 • 2160 Posts
It really only comes down to these two teatmacscores91
What about those perennial powerhouse Lions?
tmacscores91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tmacscores91
[QUOTE="tmacscores91"]It really only comes down to these two teathequietguy
What about those perrenial powerhose Lions?

lmao.....that just pretty much made my day lol
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Patriots, it's not even close

Heck, you'd have to combine the entire AFC just to match them lol

And this decade isn't even over yet

tmacscores91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 tmacscores91
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Patriots, it's not even close

Heck, you'd have to combine the entire AFC just to match them lol

And this decade isn't even over yet

You seriously think that a team in the NFL can beat what the Colts and Pats have done this decade.....right....
andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts
You seriously think that a team in the NFL can beat what the Colts and Pats have done this decade.....right....tmacscores91
how many superbowls do the Colts have this decade?
tmacscores91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tmacscores91
[QUOTE="tmacscores91"]You seriously think that a team in the NFL can beat what the Colts and Pats have done this decade.....right....andyboiii

MVP"S, coach of the year, how many 12+ win seasons, how many consecutivce playoff appearances
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21703 Posts
How can anyone not say the Patriots? 3 out of 4 SBs in is not good enough for some of you?
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21703 Posts
[QUOTE="andyboiii"][QUOTE="tmacscores91"]You seriously think that a team in the NFL can beat what the Colts and Pats have done this decade.....right....tmacscores91

MVP"S, coach of the year, how many 12+ win seasons, how many consecutivce playoff appearances

Who cares? The niners made similar runs in the 90's, but all we have to show for it is one SB. The Cowboys won 3 SBs, and even though we got past them eventually, it is still regarded as their decade. The point is winning SBs is the most distinctive and important means of defining success in the NFL.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
1- Patriots 2- COlts(this team could have won in 04, but lost to New England, and also lost to them in 03)
darkodonnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#13 darkodonnie
Member since 2007 • 2384 Posts
Patriots by far as much as I don't like to say it
NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NetYankEagle
Member since 2007 • 11090 Posts
well the Colts didnt cheat so yea id goo with them.
razman55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 razman55
Member since 2003 • 3507 Posts
The Patriots have been a dynasty, no brainer.
-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts
well the Colts didnt cheat so yea id goo with them.NetYankEagle
This is the correct answer.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="NetYankEagle"]well the Colts didnt cheat so yea id goo with them.-Halftime-

Oh I see, so the league took those championships away?

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#18 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts

The pats. And they did not cheat,they broke a rule,very big difference. And with the rule they broke some people do not seem to get the issue was NOT what they were taping,it was the location they taped from. If they had not been on the sideline and had been taping from an enclosed area in a designated zone for taping or what ever the exact rule is,they would have been able to tape the exact same thing and it would have been perfectly legal. That is a far cry from cheating. It is breaking a rule. Goodell punished them and it is over. they went on to set a record breaking season, and only lost the super bowl they played like crap in thanks to slippery eli's non-sack and the miracle velcro helmet catch. All while under intense scrutiny where they could not break that rule. so I am kind of skeptical about how much of an " Advantage" that tape gave them.

As for indy, while I do believe peyton manning and tom brady are in a class of their own,and indy is a top tier team the decade is not over,and both the steelers and ravens are in a position to win a second super bowl this year,and if the eagles were to get in and win they would have as many super bowl wins as indy but one more apperance. So I would not count them as a lock to be the second best team of the decade just yet.

thequietguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 thequietguy
[QUOTE="mattykovax"]

The pats. And they did not cheat,they broke a rule,very big difference. And with the rule they broke some people do not seem to get the issue was NOT what they were taping,it was the location they taped from. If they had not been on the sideline and had been taping from an enclosed area in a designated zone for taping or what ever the exact rule is,they would have been able to tape the exact same thing and it would have been perfectly legal. That is a far cry from cheating. It is breaking a rule. Goodell punished them and it is over. they went on to set a record breaking season, and only lost the super bowl they played like crap in thanks to slippery eli's non-sack and the miracle velcro helmet catch. All while under intense scrutiny where they could not break that rule. so I am kind of skeptical about how much of an " Advantage" that tape gave them.

As for indy, while I do believe peyton manning and tom brady are in a class of their own,and indy is a top tier team the decade is not over,and both the steelers and ravens are in a position to win a second super bowl this year,and if the eagles were to get in and win they would have as many super bowl wins as indy but one more apperance. So I would not count them as a lock to be the second best team of the decade just yet.

When you break a rule, and the rule is no cheating, you're cheating.
NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 NetYankEagle
Member since 2007 • 11090 Posts

[QUOTE="-Halftime-"][QUOTE="NetYankEagle"]well the Colts didnt cheat so yea id goo with them.Jaysonguy

Oh I see, so the league took those championships away?

There not gonna take away Barry Bonds homerun record doesnt change the fact that he cheated:|
mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mattykovax
[QUOTE="mattykovax"]

thequietguy
When you break a rule, and the rule is no cheating, you're cheating.

The rule is not "no cheating",the rule is you can not tape outside the designated area. There is a difference,failure to see that just an easy way to disguise hatred for a team.
thequietguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 thequietguy

The best teams of the decade:

1. New England Patriots (3 Super Bowl wins, one lost last year)

2. Philadelphia Eagles (7 playoff appearances and an astounding 5 conference games, going for Super Bowl title this year)

3 tie. Pittsburgh Steelers (usually made it farther than the Colts in the playoffs, going for Super Bowl title this year)

3 tie. Indianapolis Colts (incredible 8 playoff appearances, but only 1 Super Bowl title and 2 conference games to show)

5 tie. New York Giants (six playoff appearances, won a Super Bowl, lost one)

5 tie. Baltimore Ravens (five playoff appearances, won a Super Bowl, going for another this year)

The worst teams of the decade:

1. Detroit Lions (also currently the worst team ever)

2. Houston Texans (not fair, became a team in 2002, started horrible, but two 8-8 years in a row now)

3. Buffalo Bills (no playoff appearances since the 1999 season)

4 tie. Cleveland Browns (one playoff appearance, but were a new team at the beginning of the decade)

4 tie. Cincinnati Bengals (one playoff appearance, mediocre all decade)

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jg4xchamp
[QUOTE="thequietguy"]

2. Philadelphia Eagles (7 playoff appearances and an astounding 5 conference games, going for Super Bowl title this year)

3 tie. Pittsburgh Steelers (usually made it farther than the Colts in the playoffs, going for Super Bowl title this year)

3 tie. Indianapolis Colts (incredible 8 playoff appearances, but only 1 Super Bowl title and 2 conference games to show)

5 tie. Baltimore Ravens (five playoff appearances, won a Super Bowl, going for another this year)

2. Houston Texans (not fair, became a team in 2002, started horrible, but two 8-8 years in a row now)

4 tie. Cleveland Browns (one playoff appearance, but were a new team at the beginning of the decade)

your thing requires the Eagles to win the SB this year...or next to hold true... I agree with everything else though Steelers were just as impressive as the Colts...could have there 2nd superbowl this decade....
thequietguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 thequietguy
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="thequietguy"]

your thing requires the Eagles to win the SB this year...or next to hold true... I agree with everything else though Steelers were just as impressive as the Colts...could have there 2nd superbowl this decade....

Yeah I know, the Eagles need to win to be considered as number two. It's just that they're really the only team except for the Patriots to be a real threat to make the Super Bowl EVERY SINGLE YEAR. The Colts always choke in the playoffs, so that dropped them a few spots for me. They're still an incredible team, though. And nobody really considers the Ravens to be one of the best of the decade, but I think they are.
mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mattykovax
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="thequietguy"]

thequietguy

Yeah I know, the Eagles need to win to be considered as number two. It's just that they're really the only team except for the Patriots to be a real threat to make the Super Bowl EVERY SINGLE YEAR. The Colts always choke in the playoffs, so that dropped them a few spots for me. They're still an incredible team, though. And nobody really considers the Ravens to be one of the best of the decade, but I think they are.

I also find your list and the logic behind it to be immpeccable.:)
thequietguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 thequietguy
[QUOTE="thequietguy"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] your thing requires the Eagles to win the SB this year...or next to hold true... I agree with everything else though Steelers were just as impressive as the Colts...could have there 2nd superbowl this decade....mattykovax

Thank you sir.
scottyboy21203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 scottyboy21203
Member since 2003 • 1958 Posts

[QUOTE="mattykovax"][QUOTE="thequietguy"] Yeah I know, the Eagles need to win to be considered as number two. It's just that they're really the only team except for the Patriots to be a real threat to make the Super Bowl EVERY SINGLE YEAR. The Colts always choke in the playoffs, so that dropped them a few spots for me. They're still an incredible team, though. And nobody really considers the Ravens to be one of the best of the decade, but I think they are.thequietguy

Thank you sir.

i also find this list flawed. And as far as the Ravens comment, defensively, they could have been top 5, but offensively they arent even top 25 with Kyle "I should have been a" Bowler. They had the #1 defense when they won the superbowl and that was 9 years ago the offense was barely decent beside Jamal Lewis.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jg4xchamp
[QUOTE="thequietguy"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="thequietguy"]

Well i disagree with chokes 02- choke 03- THey lose to a Patriots team that wins the Superbowl :| (better team by record) 04- They lose to a patriots team that wins the superbowl :| (Better team by record) 05- They lose to a Steelers Team that wins the Superbowl :( (I had to frown at how sad this game made me) 06- Colts Win the Superbowl and the last 2 years they lost to the chargers. That and they played in what has been the best CONFERENCE this entire decade...the most competitive, I mean if those playoff games were 44-6 games....i'd say chokes... But the Steelers game was well...what more needs to be said the chargers games the last 2 years have just been exciting down to the wire games. the Patriots gave the Colts some beatings though .... I agree the COlts didn't deliver enough, but i wouldn't say they choked in the playoffs either.
DarkElf2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#29 DarkElf2112
Member since 2008 • 892 Posts
Who has the most rings in the decade? That pretty much says it all. ;) I love my Eagles but I can't put them in the top three. 1 for 4 (so far) in championship games and no ring is not the stuff that the best are made of.
kcohen82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 kcohen82
Member since 2005 • 130 Posts
Well the decade's not over but if the steelers win this year you'd hafta put them and the pats as the top two with Indy being third.
BaraChat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#31 BaraChat
Member since 2008 • 3144 Posts

The Patriots have 3 Super Bowls. I'm not a huge fan, but they still dominated the decade.

Funny how they won the 3 championships by a total of 9 points. A win is still a win. And the Bucs won by like 27 points.

What about player of the decade? Does Tom Brady get it by default?

And I'd put the Eagles close to the top too.

kcohen82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kcohen82
Member since 2005 • 130 Posts
yeah its definately funny how they won 3 superbowls by 9 points and people debate whether they're the best "dynasty" ever. Of course they're not other "dynasties" of the past dominated teams they faced in the superbowl unlike the patsies. Bottom line is if your team is one of the other teams that won back to back superbowls you have more to be proud of than pats fans do!
CWEBB04z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 CWEBB04z
Member since 2006 • 4879 Posts
Easily The Steelers.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jaysonguy

Easily The Steelers. CWEBB04z

Please explain

Drizzlemizar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Drizzlemizar
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
well i doesnt matter how many super bowls they won. they are a good team on paper but since they have to match up to the pats and chargers it is hard for them to win expectialy when they been having an injury problem
Avatar image for Darth_Revan_666
Darth_Revan_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Darth_Revan_666
Member since 2005 • 2801 Posts
The Patriots for sure, but the Colts aren't too far behind.
thequietguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 thequietguy
[QUOTE="thequietguy"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] your thing requires the Eagles to win the SB this year...or next to hold true... I agree with everything else though Steelers were just as impressive as the Colts...could have there 2nd superbowl this decade....jg4xchamp

Well i disagree with chokes 02- choke 03- THey lose to a Patriots team that wins the Superbowl :| (better team by record) 04- They lose to a patriots team that wins the superbowl :| (Better team by record) 05- They lose to a Steelers Team that wins the Superbowl :( (I had to frown at how sad this game made me) 06- Colts Win the Superbowl and the last 2 years they lost to the chargers. That and they played in what has been the best CONFERENCE this entire decade...the most competitive, I mean if those playoff games were 44-6 games....i'd say chokes... But the Steelers game was well...what more needs to be said the chargers games the last 2 years have just been exciting down to the wire games. the Patriots gave the Colts some beatings though .... I agree the COlts didn't deliver enough, but i wouldn't say they choked in the playoffs either.

You're right, but I think that a team that makes the playoffs 8 out of 9 years should make it to the Super Bowl more than once.
blackngold29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 blackngold29
Member since 2004 • 14137 Posts
Who has the most rings in the decade? That pretty much says it all. ;)DarkElf2112
Which team had the highest fines this decade? Call me biased all you want, but it's a proven fact that they cheated; possibly an AFC championships that they won by less than a TD. And that whole tuck rule debacle, which was likely the correct call, but could've easily gone the other way. I won't say that the Steelers are the best, but their resume isn't too bad either: 2 coaches, 1 coach of the year (another nominated this year), Defensive and offensive rookies of the year, comeback player of the year, first undrafted defensive player of the year, 6 out of 8 post-seasons, 4 AFC championships, 1 Super Bowl win (so far).
Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

Patriots > Steelers > Colts > Eagles > Chargers

In terms of both regular season and Post season Results since 2000.

Colts are #3 because they continually choke early in the playoffs. Steelers usually knock off a couple teams every season they get in.

The Eagles are #4 because they got to a Superbowl and have been in 4 NFC CHampionship games this decade.

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#40 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts
The New England Patriots is the only answer. Seriously 3 Super Bowl Championships and an undefeated season. Enough Said.
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#41 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
As far as being successful = the Patriots
Avatar image for alabamafbfan101
alabamafbfan101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 alabamafbfan101
Member since 2009 • 41 Posts

This Year The Best Team is the Saints and the colts are second, the patriots just are not clicking this year.

Avatar image for heysharpshooter
heysharpshooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 heysharpshooter
Member since 2009 • 6348 Posts

The stat that proves the point:

Peyton Manning: 7-8 in the post-season(thats the teams record under Manning)

Tom Brady: 14-3(the teams post-season record with Brady under center.)

The Patriots are the best team of this decade.

jaqulle999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jaqulle999
Member since 2009 • 2897 Posts

Baltimore Ravens

DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts
How the hell is it Colts vs Patriots? The only two choices are Steelers vs Patriots.
MURDA_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MURDA_B
Member since 2008 • 2879 Posts

Im going with the colts on this one..the patriots cheated i will never get over that

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50634 Posts

Ugh, I don't know how anyone wouldn't say Patriots.

bball_freak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49 bball_freak_2
Member since 2006 • 1609 Posts
How the hell is it Colts vs Patriots? The only two choices are Steelers vs Patriots.DA_B0MB
That's what I was thinking when I clicked this thread. Although you could argue it's between those 3 teams. It's closer between the Steelers and Patriots, but the Pats are still the best team this decade. And the fact that people are still trying to fall back on Spygate is just sad. The Colts used fake cheering to try to gain an advantage, therefore their Superbowl should be taken away, right? No. Their players won it by beating the other team's players. Get over it, the Patriots are good.
Avatar image for Darth_Revan_666
Darth_Revan_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Darth_Revan_666
Member since 2005 • 2801 Posts

The Patriots, why is it even a question?