1 word to describe your NFL Team's season

• 103 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 choffy
Member since 2005 • 1881 Posts

Season is pretty much over. We know how many teams' season will end, so in one word, try to describe your team's season in one word (and say what team it is)

Eagles: Dissapointing

A team that missed so many opportunities. The Cincy game, the Redskins (~2 feet probably cost them the season). And streaky. crushing the Cardinals on Thanksgiving and then a nice win over the Giants should have pushed them to the next level. Dunno how it didn't though...

ethanpaige

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 ethanpaige
Member since 2005 • 13100 Posts
Dolphins - Magical

regardless of if they make the playoffs or not, just knowing we now have a team that is capable of winning 10 games up from 1 is enough consolation.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50664 Posts
Redskins: Downhill
jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jerkface96
Member since 2005 • 9189 Posts

Ravens- Surprised

when i first heard they drafted Flacco, my reaction was huh? who is that? then i found out where he was from and i was liek o great, haha

but hes been really good, even if they have beat up on the baby teams and lose to the real teams, i am still surprised how good he is doing.

BUt the teams they did lose to besdies the colts were close ones, liek the two pittsburgh games, and the tennesse one, i think if they make it to the playoffs third time will be the charm against the steelers and they could take the Titans, becasue when they played them earlier in the season, joe wasnt as good, and they lost by only three points,

sorry i got overboard haha

jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jerkface96
Member since 2005 • 9189 Posts
Dolphins - Magical

regardless of if they make the playoffs or not, just knowing we now have a team that is capable of winning 10 games up from 1 is enough consolation.
ethanpaige
perfect word, ive been waiting for the dolphins to do good, looks like pennington was the key, he makes everyone better
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
Colts- Turnaround They started 3-4...they were inconsistant...they were losing bad.....and the 2nd half of the season they ran wild and won 8 straight games(hope they try to make it 9) but the playoffs will be tough for them i think Starting off with the chargers isn't so great IMO.
DarkElf2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#7 DarkElf2112
Member since 2008 • 892 Posts
Eagles = Frustrating. :evil:
dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

Redskins = Disappointing

After a 6-2 start (should have been 7-1 but that loss to the Rams hurt), a 1-5 slide sealed their fate to last place in the NFC East. The loss to the Bungals signaled the end of this season. The defense has been good but the offense hasn't done much of anything since the Detroit game back in Oct. The O-line is aging. This is a very talented team. They just need that push over the hump to become the team of the East.

Paully3433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#9 Paully3433
Member since 2006 • 1030 Posts
Packers - Unable2FinishGames - that is one word right? 8 Losses by 5 points or less and could have won 5-6 of them on the last drive. Can we get Favre back and ship our GM to somewhere else?
mvphalo8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 mvphalo8
Member since 2005 • 10748 Posts
Panthers = Spectacular
Avatar image for StealthySniper1
StealthySniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 StealthySniper1
Member since 2008 • 160 Posts

Jaguars - Depressing

Going from 6th in PF and 10th in PA in 07

to

24th in PF and 19th Allowed is depressing. I say it's depressing because I feel we were better then the 04,05,06,07 team and will finish like the 95 team.

After having the best running team in the AFC for 2x seasons, dominate defense, best run defense in 06 and 07 we looked very good for 2008.

Pre-Season we lose :

WR Porter

WR Williams

C Meester A+(one of the best centers in the NFL)

I was semi pissed, but for a run team Jones, Williamson, Northcutt and walker should be enough to carry the rock since we run more then we threw.

Week 1,

We lose,

OG Manuwai A rated OG

OG Williams A Rated OG

Both of these OG's were gone for the season in week 1, after we lost our Interior line, we lost the run game. We lost our offense, we lost our self control and passion because Garrard isn't a Manning or Brady that could do it on his own.

Hurt by injuries, our new DC sucked.

99-07 we ranged from 1st-10th in points allowed, in 8 years we never went over 10th and this guy Williams comes in ruins our defense (so happy you're fired Williams!!!!).

From the start of Pre-Season I knew this was going to be a rough seasons. Our guys had an ego, they had a very good season in 07 and just fell apart in 08 with legal troubles (Jones doing coke) to injuries mainly our interior offensive line going on IR to our offensive Tackle getting shot 14 times and get his leg cut off (career injury).

Hopefully, we can bounce back in 09 with a strong FA picks and Draft Picks

1. Draft CB Jenkins!!

2. Draft DT Tyson!!

3. FA OG GOFF and move over Williams to OT and I'll die a happy fan.

Overall, we're better then a 5-10 football team, our roster is a very good roster just had bad luck like the Greenbay Packers this season.

StealthySniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 StealthySniper1

Redskins = Disappointing

After a 6-2 start (should have been 7-1 but that loss to the Rams hurt), a 1-5 slide sealed their fate to last place in the NFC East. The loss to the Bungals signaled the end of this season. The defense has been good but the offense hasn't done much of anything since the Detroit game back in Oct. The O-line is aging. This is a very talented team. They just need that push over the hump to become the team of the East.

dalger21
Yeah that has to suck, going 6-2 and not even making the playoffs. When you're 6-2 you would think u would make the playoffs lol.
StealthySniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 StealthySniper1
Packers - Unable2FinishGames - that is one word right? 8 Losses by 5 points or less and could have won 5-6 of them on the last drive. Can we get Favre back and ship our GM to somewhere else?Paully3433
I really don't think Favre was your problem. Why can't you people see Rodgers is a good QB? The man had a very good season for his 1st year.
darkodonnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 darkodonnie
Member since 2007 • 2384 Posts

Jets - dissapointing

(as every year)

IVIadHatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 IVIadHatter
Member since 2008 • 242 Posts
Titans-overachieved Jeff Fisher should get coach of the year because he made the great decision of leaving vince young out, and putting collins in leading us to a 13-2 record only a few only a few pro bowlers last year this year we have 7, and I thought draftng Chris Johnson was a mistake because I thought we needed recievers, but that turned out to be a great choice. DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS! And if you aren't a fan you probably can't name any of our recievers but they are pretty good!
nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 nVidiaGaMer
Member since 2006 • 7793 Posts

Bears - Escape Artists

Still have hope of going to the playoffs and always finding a way to win ...

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jg4xchamp
Titans-overachieved Jeff Fisher should get coach of the year because he made the great decision of leaving vince young out, and putting collins in leading us to a 13-2 record only a few only a few pro bowlers last year this year we have 7, and I thought draftng Chris Johnson was a mistake because I thought we needed recievers, but that turned out to be a great choice. DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS! And if you aren't a fan you probably can't name any of our recievers but they are pretty good!IVIadHatter
brandon jones....justin gage I can't name your slot reciever your tight end is crumpler and bo scaife....
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

Lets see if you can guess my team.

My word is -> INT

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts
Bears - inconsistent
Sk8nNotH8n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Sk8nNotH8n
Member since 2006 • 1519 Posts

Falcons- Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude.

Matt Ryan is omgomgomgomgomg. And Micheal Turner has by far surpassed my expectations, 2nd in the league. :D

And we still even have a shot at the division, that is if the Panthers lose their last game. But that doesn't even matter at this point, were going to the playoffs. :D

mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#21 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
Giants - Power Sacking defense, power running game
3KindgomsRandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 3KindgomsRandy
Member since 2005 • 15488 Posts

Cowboys - Uneven

Very up and down this year, especially considering expectations.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jg4xchamp
[QUOTE="Mau-Justice"]

My word is -> INT

Jets?
druggyjoe3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 druggyjoe3000
Member since 2006 • 1523 Posts
Lions- Depressed
They work so hard and they try everygame and their are alot of bad calls against them but they still fight on
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts
[QUOTE="Mau-Justice"]

My word is -> INT

jg4xchamp

Jets?

You got it.

And to the Packers fan, you can have him back. You'll have to wait until after his "this is my last game"/retirement drama to start negotiations. No TD passes in what his last 4-5 games? I always liked Favre but he really didn't impress me this year.

hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 hockey73
Member since 2005 • 8281 Posts

Broncos: lol

My Broncos are just on the borderline of horrible, they won some big games, but when you lose against, Oakland, Kansas, and Buffalo, there is something wrong. I guess you can blame injuries some what(RB position especially) but every team suffers them, so we don't have much in the way of excuses. Honestly I don't care about next weeks game, i have no faith in this team anymore, SD is going to kill them. We need to fire both the special teams and defense coordinators, oh yeah and Prater. Another thing that bugs the **** out of me, is the amount of celebration that goes on with our defense after one stop; like seriously guys, stop them on third then celebrate, other wise you just look down right stupid.

Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Cube_of_MooN
Member since 2005 • 9286 Posts
Patriots- Surprising Even tough we may miss the playoffs at 11-5, it is hard to get too upset over that. After Brady went down, and after all the other injuries we've had (Thomas, Harrison, Maroney, Woods, Jordan for ~8 weeks, Morris for ~4 weeks, the list goes on...) I'd never have thought we'd do this well.
Diehardgames2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 Diehardgames2
Member since 2007 • 1018 Posts
Dolphins - Better. I'm saying that due to there 10-5 record so far this season. Hopefully they will beat the Jets and clinch a Playoff place next week. I must say that it's vast improvement on last year.
king23_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#29 king23_
Member since 2007 • 18169 Posts
Packers- Sad We started out the season really well, but we've now lost 5 straight. And those losses have been by only a few points. If only we could finish games....
rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
Broncos-Inconsistent
Avatar image for deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
deactivated-6075a5c511e8b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
Member since 2005 • 7222 Posts
Dolphins - Jaw-dropping.
snowren24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 snowren24
Member since 2007 • 329 Posts

Steelers - stressful

It seems like every game has gone down to the last second. As impressive as the D has been , the offense has been that much of a disappointment.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#33 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts
Seahawks-Pathetic. 4-11 is not how I saw this season turning out.
Avatar image for Darth_Revan_666
Darth_Revan_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Darth_Revan_666
Member since 2005 • 2801 Posts
Ravens: exciting
StealthySniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 StealthySniper1

Steelers - stressful

It seems like every game has gone down to the last second. As impressive as the D has been , the offense has been that much of a disappointment.

snowren24
Your O-line is hurt, your 2 best running backs are hurt. Come on bro, they're playing their hearts out I feel. Heck, even your QB is hurt.
snowren24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 snowren24
Member since 2007 • 329 Posts
[QUOTE="snowren24"]

Steelers - stressful

StealthySniper1

Your O-line is hurt, your 2 best running backs are hurt. Come on bro, they're playing their hearts out I feel. Heck, even your QB is hurt.

but just looking at last year, the team putting up a lot more points, which makes this year disapointing.

ok I'll give you the injuries, and really its 3 in the back field when you consider they are on a second string FB. but I don't think the problem with the O line started with injuries. They were weak to begin with, which caused other players to get injured as a result of the poor blocking. though part of the fault for Bens injuries must fall on Ben, he just holds the ball too long. I'm hoping that in the off season he gets better at reading a situation and knowing when he can make a play, and when he should just throw it away. He's going to have a short career at this rate.

on the offensive side, Nate Washington and more so Mewelde Moore have been huge and good surprises.

gustavog117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 gustavog117
Member since 2006 • 831 Posts
[QUOTE="Paully3433"]Packers - Unable2FinishGames - that is one word right? 8 Losses by 5 points or less and could have won 5-6 of them on the last drive. Can we get Favre back and ship our GM to somewhere else?StealthySniper1
I really don't think Favre was your problem. Why can't you people see Rodgers is a good QB? The man had a very good season for his 1st year.

Im a Packers fan and Paully, Favre leaving was not the problem, the defense would give up late in games, the running game has not been the same, but Rodgers is not to blame, he is doing better than Favre stats wise, but really the Packers had injuries too. Packers- Dissapointing 2-0 start Then 3 straight losses = 2-3 Win 2 (One was against the Colts) = 4-3, Lose 2 (Overtime with the Titans) = 4-5 Slaughter the Bears 37-3 = 5-5 Get Slaughtered by Saints = 5-6 Downhill from there- Lost 5 straight games = 5-10 Can we beat the Lions? I really hope we do = 6-10 or 5-11
BaraChat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#38 BaraChat
Member since 2008 • 3144 Posts
I'll go with TC as I'm an Eagles fan too.
jharv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jharv
Member since 2007 • 1774 Posts
[QUOTE="mrgab"]Giants - Power Sacking defense, power running game

As a Titans fan I'll have to say the same.
StealthySniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 StealthySniper1
[QUOTE="StealthySniper1"][QUOTE="Paully3433"]Packers - Unable2FinishGames - that is one word right? 8 Losses by 5 points or less and could have won 5-6 of them on the last drive. Can we get Favre back and ship our GM to somewhere else?gustavog117

Im a Packers fan and Paully, Favre leaving was not the problem, the defense would give up late in games, the running game has not been the same, but Rodgers is not to blame, he is doing better than Favre stats wise, but really the Packers had injuries too. Packers- Dissapointing 2-0 start Then 3 straight losses = 2-3 Win 2 (One was against the Colts) = 4-3, Lose 2 (Overtime with the Titans) = 4-5 Slaughter the Bears 37-3 = 5-5 Get Slaughtered by Saints = 5-6 Downhill from there- Lost 5 straight games = 5-10 Can we beat the Lions? I really hope we do = 6-10 or 5-11

Yup, this is a good none fanboyism answer. Rodgers is putting up the points, when your offense puts up the points, the defense needs to stop letting the opposing offense from scoring.
StealthySniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 StealthySniper1
[QUOTE="StealthySniper1"][QUOTE="snowren24"]

Steelers - stressful

snowren24

but just looking at last year, the team putting up a lot more points, which makes this year disapointing.

ok I'll give you the injuries, and really its 3 in the back field when you consider they are on a second string FB. but I don't think the problem with the O line started with injuries. They were weak to begin with, which caused other players to get injured as a result of the poor blocking. though part of the fault for Bens injuries must fall on Ben, he just holds the ball too long. I'm hoping that in the off season he gets better at reading a situation and knowing when he can make a play, and when he should just throw it away. He's going to have a short career at this rate.

on the offensive side, Nate Washington and more so Mewelde Moore have been huge and good surprises.

I don't think you guys have anything to worry about. Though, if you guys would let Leftwhich play (Leftwhich is a good QB) just our stupid GM in Jacksonville signed a fat QB to play west coast. In 06 or 05 leftwhich couldn't finish the season but threw 15 tds and only 5 ints and we still cut the guy. I watched him come out against the skins and he looked very very very good in your spread offense. Big Ben is good, but I feel with your WR's and Te's and RB's, I can only imagine what Leftwhich could do with his cannon. Again, Big Ben will fail to hit above 20 passing touchdowns and minimum of 3,200 passing yards. Your offense is hurting with him at QB, you guys need someone that can hit people on the fly down field, I would love to see more on leftwhich with Holmes, ward and miller. Man, I'm a Jags fan and I can't wait to see Mend & Parker play together in a true running back duo, you guys have the best defense and I'm sure in 09 you'll draft defense and put up more defensive players. You guys are looking scary.
Avatar image for ChrisSpartan117
ChrisSpartan117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ChrisSpartan117
Member since 2008 • 4519 Posts

Colts- From Underachiving to Same Old, Same Old

Eagles- We need a new head coach.

And I'm starting to think I'm a Dolphins fan. Really, during that devasting 1-15 season they had, I felt a pity I don't have for the Lions. I felt good when they upsetted the Ravens. I cheered for the worst 2007 NFL team out there. Not to mention, I think Dan Marino is the best QB without a ring.

Paully3433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#43 Paully3433
Member since 2006 • 1030 Posts
[QUOTE="Paully3433"]Packers - Unable2FinishGames - that is one word right? 8 Losses by 5 points or less and could have won 5-6 of them on the last drive. Can we get Favre back and ship our GM to somewhere else?StealthySniper1

I don't think Rodgers is the problem, I just think Favre would have won a few of those late games where they needed a drive at the end of the game, just comes from game experience more then anything. Rodgers will be a solid QB, I am not worried about that.
yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
49ers: Promise After a terrible start to the season, they've looked great down the stretch and could end the season 7-9, quite a decent record.
jiggaloj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#45 jiggaloj
Member since 2006 • 4345 Posts

Jets - Choke

With their destiny in their hands, they lose a must win game and should've lost last week. Yet ANOTHER disappointing season for the Jets.

sullivan352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 sullivan352
Member since 2008 • 501 Posts
Giants - Plaxico!!!!
limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts

Packers =:cry:

Should have been better, at least 8-8.

DivineSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DivineSword  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 15840 Posts

Patriots: competitive

I totally thought this was going to be a very long season when Tom Brady got hurt in the first week against the Kansas City Chiefs, didn't know they still be here having a chance for a playoff spot if either the Dolphins or the Raven loses. Well whatever happens this was still a good sign that the Patriots can still be competitive without Brady.

rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
49ers: Promise After a terrible start to the season, they've looked great down the stretch and could end the season 7-9, quite a decent record.Yagr_Zero
Singletary has done good to them.
GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#50 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts
Packers - ****