nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#1 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

I'm not sure if there was a thread on this, but I want to know personally from this union.

My ideas:

Keep the 2.5D- This was very clever when the first game came out (I didn't get until I ran into it at Wal-Mart for $20 this year). 2D gameplay with 3D graphics through the whole thing (but the regular stages had 2D backgrounds with 3D character models). It keeps the Sega Genesis/Megadrive charm the series once had.

Two teams each with two characters only- I know people hate the fact that Sonic's friends are playable often, but hear me out on this. Instead of three members each team (Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Heroes). Team Sonic can be Sonic and Blaze (the main stars of the Rush games) and the other team could most likely be (and I prefer it this way) Shadow and Rouge. We've never seen them in action in sidescrollers (despite the fact that Sonic and the Black Knight has sidescroller like moments and Shadow is in the game and as much as I'm enjoying that game, that doesn't cut it). Not only that, we could have times when one character dies, the other can jump in and finish the rest of the way in case one character dies.

Leave the rest of the Sonic characters in the background or NOT in the game at all- Which is what Sonic Rush did. Shadow, Rouge, and Omega weren't in the game at all, and most of the friends that WEREN'T playable just sits back as background. Those characters that did that are Knuckles, Tails, Cream, Amy, etc.

All I can think of for now. But what are your ideas?

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

User Lists: 0

#2 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Make it so you don't have to travel to levels.

Online with more choice of characters.

Avatar image for sonichedgehog45
sonichedgehog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#3 sonichedgehog45
Member since 2009 • 1645 Posts
but didnt blaze died in sonic next gen. how is she going to be in this game? or could that be a part of the story?
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#4 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts
but didnt blaze died in sonic next gen. how is she going to be in this game? or could that be a part of the story?sonichedgehog45
Well she was in Sonic Rush Adventure (which came out a year after Sonic 2006), so there is most likely a chance she'll be in a Sonic Rush 3.
ZXPegasus_exe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 ZXPegasus_exe
Member since 2007 • 594 Posts

My ideas:

Keep the 2.5D

nintendoboy16

Sega wouldn't get rid of this because a Rush 3 would still be on DS and if they've read reviews they'll know this is the reason this game did well 

Two teams each with two characters only- I know people hate the fact that Sonic's friends are playable often, but hear me out on this. Instead of three members each team (Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Heroes). Team Sonic can be Sonic and Blaze (the main stars of the Rush games) and the other team could most likely be (and I prefer it this way) Shadow and Rouge. We've never seen them in action in sidescrollers.

nintendoboy16

Yeah. Fair enough but what would they ad to the somewhat of a story?, how would they fit in? As an easter egg unlockable that changes it so that you can play as them 2 after completing certain events but them having no relevance to the story then yes otherwise no. the problem is: if there is a Rush 3, people will expect it to be Sonic & Blaze only, New characters would have to be really well justified to be put in.

Not only that, we could have times when one character dies, the other can jump in and finish the rest of the way in case one character dies.

nintendoboy16

That would get rid of lives but but it would be a bit disjointing 

Leave the rest of the Sonic characters in the background or NOT in the game at all- Which is what Sonic Rush did. Shadow, Rouge, and Omega weren't in the game at all, and most of the friends that WEREN'T playable just sits back as background. Those characters that did that are Knuckles, Tails, Cream, Amy, etc.

nintendoboy16

I think everybody would agree with that

ZXPegasus_exe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ZXPegasus_exe

[QUOTE="sonichedgehog45"]but didnt blaze died in sonic next gen. how is she going to be in this game? or could that be a part of the story?nintendoboy16
Well she was in Sonic Rush Adventure (which came out a year after Sonic 2006), so there is most likely a chance she'll be in a Sonic Rush 3.

Ahh but you see sonic 2006 Paradoxed itself by having Sonic and Princess Elise Going far back in time to blow out the flame of solaris before it was used meaning they never met and the game happened. Plus if they're going to make a sequel to a game that introduced her and made her an actual character then she's not going to get dropped even if she got axed in another game 

Avatar image for deactivated-5b7a4a209ddaf
deactivated-5b7a4a209ddaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 deactivated-5b7a4a209ddaf
Member since 2009 • 7764 Posts

Not much really. I would place Tails and Knuckles as two optional characters to play as to please the fan central.

Believe me, half of the fans were mad that nor Tails or Knuckles were playable at the two Rush series. Bringing back the super transformations wouldn't be a bad idea too

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 sonicphc
Member since 2005 • 7779 Posts
Distinct levels for Sonic and Blaze. Double the content, double the fun! That's about all I'd change at this point.
Avatar image for RyantheHedgehog
RyantheHedgehog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 99

#9 RyantheHedgehog
Member since 2008 • 66 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"][QUOTE="sonichedgehog45"]but didnt blaze died in sonic next gen. how is she going to be in this game? or could that be a part of the story?ZXPegasus_exe

Ahh but you see sonic 2006 Paradoxed itself by having Sonic and Princess Elise Going far back in time to blow out the flame of solaris before it was used meaning they never met and the game happened. Plus if they're going to make a sequel to a game that introduced her and made her an actual character then she's not going to get dropped even if she got axed in another game

if only we could do that :S

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

#10 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

None of us minds playing as other characters. They key word is OPTIONAL. We don't want to be forced to play the same levels again as other characters as a pathetic attempt to extend gameplay. Also a lot of people liked the online vs. feature of Rush Adventure so having a few other characters if only for that mode would be a nice idea. We want Sonic's friends to run fast. Not shoot guns, drive mechs and especially no fishing.

As good as Rush Adventure was they need to ditch the whole repeating the stage to get more items. The stages were fun in that game along with the short, sweet extra stages but it's a bit tedious. Once again, Sega, Sonic should not have to collect anything in order to move on. He's not Link, Mario or Banjo.

Also though Blaze died in Next Gen she still appeared in Rush Adventure meaning Sega doesn't care about continuity and techinically she just sort of disappeared at the end of Next Gen so most of us just accept that she was teleported to the world she came from in the Rush games meaning Next Gen happened before Rush. Honestly there is no real Sonic continunity just as there's no real Zelda timeline continuity.

Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#11 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111406 Posts

Distinct levels for Sonic and Blaze. Double the content, double the fun! That's about all I'd change at this point.sonicphc

Have that for any characters they have, and then that way if they forced us to play as them at least it'd be a slightly different experience so it's not like they're making us play the same stuff over and over inside one game.

Darkmoone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 Darkmoone1
Member since 2008 • 2845 Posts

Honestly there is no real Sonic continunity just as there's no real Zelda timeline continuity.kbaily

Couldn't agree more. In fact both series have some sort of time paradox issue.

TQ_NintyNoE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#13 TQ_NintyNoE
Member since 2006 • 1672 Posts

Zelda and Sonic both have continuous timelines. Let's not even go there, because I wrote about a 3000 word essay and changed everyon's minds before for Zelda, and Sonic clearly has a plot and structure, linked by the various games.Miyamoto himself expressed that Zelda had a timeline, and although our tiny minds cannot comprehend how the timeline may work exactly, there IS definitely one. 

The reason why Sonic 2006 could be paradoxed, is because you may just want to skip it altogether, being the terrible game that it is. I once sat around my mates and played it on his Xbox, sitting there getting excited about playing. The load times were horrendous, the graphics were alright, there were clipping issues, there were dodgy controls and physics, and more plotholes than Dallas on LSD.

The timeline for Sonic goes something like this:

Sonic1, Sonic CD, Sonic 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Sonic 3D.

Sonic R,

Sonic Adventure/DX, Sonic Adventure 2/Battle

Sonic Advance, Sonic Advance 2

Sonic Heroes, 

Shadow The Hedgehog, Sonic Riders,

Sonic Battle, (After Shadow The Hedgehog, as he knows who Maria is, even though he can't remember his past, he still knows it)

Sonic Advance 3, (Set after Sonic Battle, as a new version of Emerl has been constructed)

Sonic Rush,

Sonic and The Secret Rings

Sonic Riders 2,

Sonic Rush Adventure, (Time inbetween the games)

Sonic Unleashed,

Sonic and The Black Knight,

Somewhere along the line, Sonic and the Dark Brotherhood happens, as thegames opening concludes that long ago, Sonic defeated Eggman, and that the story takes place in the near future.

You can't really count the GameGear games, simply because they were just a cash-in on the Sonic franchise for the GameGear, and they feature things which aren't continuous with the main series. Also, Sonic Fighters is just an arcade game, which features one too many emeralds.

ZXPegasus_exe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ZXPegasus_exe

Zelda and Sonic both have continuous timelines. Let's not even go there, because I wrote about a 3000 word essay and changed everyon's minds before for Zelda, and Sonic clearly has a plot and structure, linked by the various games.Miyamoto himself expressed that Zelda had a timeline, and although our tiny minds cannot comprehend how the timeline may work exactly, there IS definitely one. 

The reason why Sonic 2006 could be paradoxed, is because you may just want to skip it altogether, being the terrible game that it is. I once sat around my mates and played it on his Xbox, sitting there getting excited about playing. The load times were horrendous, the graphics were alright, there were clipping issues, there were dodgy controls and physics, and more plotholes than Dallas on LSD.

The timeline for Sonic goes something like this:

Sonic1, Sonic CD, Sonic 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Sonic 3D.

Sonic R,

Sonic Adventure/DX, Sonic Adventure 2/Battle

Sonic Advance, Sonic Advance 2

Sonic Heroes, 

Shadow The Hedgehog, Sonic Riders,

Sonic Battle, (After Shadow The Hedgehog, as he knows who Maria is, even though he can't remember his past, he still knows it)

Sonic Advance 3, (Set after Sonic Battle, as a new version of Emerl has been constructed)

Sonic Rush,

Sonic and The Secret Rings

Sonic Riders 2,

Sonic Rush Adventure, (Time inbetween the games)

Sonic Unleashed,

Sonic and The Black Knight,

Somewhere along the line, Sonic and the Dark Brotherhood happens, as thegames opening concludes that long ago, Sonic defeated Eggman, and that the story takes place in the near future.

You can't really count the GameGear games, simply because they were just a cash-in on the Sonic franchise for the GameGear, and they feature things which aren't continuous with the main series. Also, Sonic Fighters is just an arcade game, which features one too many emeralds.

TQ_NintyNoE

Its a good effort although your missing alot & you would ahve to include the Game Gear games as i doubt they were cash ins. SOME of them WERE and some of them AREN'T cash-ins. Before you make a timeline, set out the games that have connections with each other and then organise it into time lines for example:

Sonic 1, 2, 3 & Knuckles are all sequential

Sonic Adventure/DX & Sonic Adventure 2/Battle

Sonic Advance 1, 2, Battle, 3 (i believe thats how it goes) 

Sonic Rush & Rush Adventure

Sonic Rivals 1 & 2

Sonic Riders & R: Zero Gravity

Sonic and the Secret Rings & and the Black Knight (They do Link) 

These are all sequels meaning that if your going to make a timline these games will all go in order now you just have to put it in with the other games that aren't or don't have sequels and there's your timeline 

ZXPegasus_exe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ZXPegasus_exe

[QUOTE="kbaily"] Honestly there is no real Sonic continunity just as there's no real Zelda timeline continuity.Darkmoone1

Couldn't agree more. In fact both series have some sort of time paradox issue.

Yes but Sonic is also a Walking Paradox (paradox being submitted in for contradiction which is a type of paradox, the words are interchangeable) First he's blue instead of brown (should have been white to make it more paradoxial), he runs at the speed of sound where hedgehogs are generally slower than that BY FAR, and hedgehogs can swim where sonic can't (though that the faut of the japanese developers not knowing that)> Interesting thing is, some species of hedgehog are nocturnal, so why did we need the werehog?  

TQ_NintyNoE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#16 TQ_NintyNoE
Member since 2006 • 1672 Posts

Nice effort too, but you missed out Shadow The Hedgehog and Sonic CD. Advance 3 does take place quite far into the future, due to the character development in the previous game Sonic Battle, which means that Shadow the Hedgehog MUST go before it, and  Advance 1 & 2 go before Heroes, due to the time they were created, the linkability to the other games, and the Chao Gardens etc, and the lack of character development. Sonic Advance 2 also precedes Heroes, as Cream is introduced (with the backstory of how Cream would have been introduced in Heroes being completely irrelevant past an idea in development of said game).

I also left out the Game Gear games, because one & two were alternatives to the Megadrive games, as the systems could not handle the processing power. This in turn means the sequels (Sonic Chaos etc.) are alternatives, and not part of the story themselves. They have settings and stories which were also impossible to place in the main series, or contradictory. The same goes for Sonic Spinball and Sonic Fighters, as well as Sonic Jam. Also, All of those games were only created by a few staff from Sonic Team.

On a side note; Anyone played Pocket Adventure? it looks awesome.

ZXPegasus_exe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ZXPegasus_exe

Nice effort too, but you missed out Shadow The Hedgehog and Sonic CD. Advance 3 does take place quite far into the future, due to the character development in the previous game Sonic Battle, which means that Shadow the Hedgehog MUST go before it, and  Advance 1 & 2 go before Heroes, due to the time they were created, the linkability to the other games, and the Chao Gardens etc, and the lack of character development. Sonic Advance 2 also precedes Heroes, as Cream is introduced (with the backstory of how Cream would have been introduced in Heroes being completely irrelevant past an idea in development of said game).

I also left out the Game Gear games, because one & two were alternatives to the Megadrive games, as the systems could not handle the processing power. This in turn means the sequels (Sonic Chaos etc.) are alternatives, and not part of the story themselves. They have settings and stories which were also impossible to place in the main series, or contradictory. The same goes for Sonic Spinball and Sonic Fighters, as well as Sonic Jam. Also, All of those games were only created by a few staff from Sonic Team.

On a side note; Anyone played Pocket Adventure? it looks awesome.

TQ_NintyNoE

Yeah i get what your saying. I didn't include Shadow the Hedgehog or CD just cos i couldn't make a definite question at the time but i see the connections and yeah. Truesay about the GG games, i started realising that after lloking over it more. There is probably a timeline but its not perfectly straight. Â