Things you sick of hearing as a Sonic fan.

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

User Lists: 0

#1 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

You know, Sonic's been improving slowly, crawling back from the nuclear winter that was Sonic Next Gen and yet I still hear a lot of the same tired hatred not so much towards Sonic but towards fans and I'm just sick of it. This is just a random list of stuff I'm just sick of listening to.

Sonic hasn't had a good game since the Dreamcast. Uh, first off why don't handheld installments count? Sonic Rush and Sonic Advance were great series but it's like because they were on handhelds they don't count. And of course we can bring up both Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations. And normally the people who say this hasn't play either of said games because of they did, they might shut the hell up like these guys? http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/no-right-answer/6767-Videogame-Franchise-that-Needs-to-Die-the-Most That whole video annoyed me. The last two console games sold well if those morons would do some research. Feel free to hate on their idiotic theories like the fact that they say in SA2 you don't get animals out of robots. Umm then what were those things you released into the Chao Garden?

Of course for many it's not enough for games like Colors and Generations to be "good" for some folks Sonic has to have some spectacular groundbreaking super amazing GOTY title to redeem himself in the eyes of many fans and to me if you haven't played Colors or Generations and go around jumping on the internet bandwagon of "Sonic's not good anymore" shut the hell up. I do get annoyed with people hating on things they haven't played and just jumping on the internet bashing bandwagon.

I liked the one article I saw where a fella was comparing the Sonic series to Starfox. When was the last time there was an amazing Starfox game? Sorry but the last few Starfox games were medicore at best. He got thrown into a Zelda type game where had an annoying dino sidekick and used a magical staff. There was the half assed Starfox Assault with horrible on foot gameplay and the awkward Command which was all the dog fighting type stages, no fun on rails shooting. Yet all you hear is "I want a new Starfox!!" When's Nintendo going to make another Starfox?!"

You like Sonic? Are you a furrie? Furries, you know what? You're giving us Sonic fans a bad name. Fine you have some weird fetish that makes you hot for cartoon animals? Keep it to yourself because I'm tired of being ashamed to like Sonic and getting looks like I'm the sort who spends hours of deviantart drawing penises on Sonic and Tails and making them sodomize each other. The same applies to the insane fringe that things any crappy game is good. I like Sonic and hate when he's in crappy games I do subscribe to the greatest tapestry that I like to call REALITY!! When a game is bad, it's bad and I"m not going to write long ass essays about "criticz r biazed!!" I'm a Sonic fan. I'm not a retarded Sonic fan!

Sega needs to stop making so many Sonic games!! Actually they did. We all have seen that unlike in past years, we now get one or two games a year and the ones we are getting are, you know, good. Let's face it, 2012 there wasn't much Sonic to be seen anywhere, we got our Sonic 4, Episode 2 with no new prospects of any more for that series and we got a great racing follow up which also brings me to...

Why is Sonic driving a car? Once again hating on something they didn't play. Saying Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed sucks because Sonic's in a car is like saying Mario Kart sucks because Mario's not jumping. You want to hate on a Sonic kart racer, Sonic Drift is downright awful and worthy of bashing.

Sonic needs to go away. You know what I hate? FPSes. I wish FPSes would go away. I keep hoping that they would be one of those fads in gaming but just as the Halo clones were dying down CoD:Modern Warfare showed up and now everyone's trying to be that. But no matter how hard I wish, FPSes aren't going away. Games exist because they sell. If Sonic continues to sell, then he's not going away just like 2D Marios and EA Sports games.

Ok my rant is done. Are any of my fellow Sonic fans feeling just as tired of having to constantly defend themselves.

white_kunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 white_kunoichi
Member since 2010 • 4741 Posts

People think Sonic is gay because he hasn't romance any of the girls yet though Sally Acorn is his girlfriend in the comics. Youtube is full of Sonic couples fans made for themselves cause they're too impatient for this stuff. It just amazes me HOW impatient people are with romance.

sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 sonictrainer
Member since 2008 • 15187 Posts

You see those Gold floating objects in the Sonic games? THEY'RE CALLED RINGS. NOT COINS.

white_kunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 white_kunoichi
Member since 2010 • 4741 Posts
  • Furries... They draw things... They have drawn many things... Not just Rouge but Amy and Blaze as well. The comics are no difference either. *shudders*
  • Stop asking for Shadow the Hegdehog 2. His stardom is gone.
  • There may be a time where Sonic turns Dark Sonic in games but not now.
  • None of Sonic's friends will have their own game. Not even Silver.
Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 Soniczero1993
Member since 2005 • 35070 Posts

Tails had Tails Adventure.

/trollin 

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 sonicphc
Member since 2005 • 7779 Posts
Stop asking for Shadow the Hegdehog 2. His stardom is gone.white_kunoichi
...who's asking for that?
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kbaily

Well there is the "Shadow camp" of fans who thought Shadow's game was aweseome because they like Shadow and it had guns and motorcycles but if Sega hasn't made a sequel to it by now than this is a sign of a kind and loving God in the world. Plus I think Shadow's story in Sonic 06 was sort of intended to be Shadow 2.

For the record the characters that did get their own spinoff games besides Shadow:

Tails had 2 games: Tails Skypatrol and Tails Adventures

gamerguy456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 gamerguy456
Member since 2009 • 19988 Posts

i hate it when people say sonic is for little kids only

no the franchise is not for little kids i have been playing sonic since i was a little kid

and continue to play to this day and i know a good number of people my age who still play sonic

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kbaily

no the franchise is not for little kids i have been playing sonic since i was a little kid

and continue to play to this day and i know a good number of people my age who still play sonic

gamerguy456

Honestly that goes for pretty much any game that doesn't gave guns and swearing in it. This goes for Mario, Kirby, Pokemon, etc. And I get sick of that too. Sure Pixar movies are family friendly but they have deep stories and great characters just like many E rated games can have depth and good gameplay but there is still that facet of gamers who refuse to play anything unless you can shoot a gun and it has copious amounts of blood.

Hyrule4EVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#10 Hyrule4EVER
Member since 2009 • 632 Posts

[QUOTE="gamerguy456"]

kbaily

Honestly that goes for pretty much any game that doesn't gave guns and swearing in it. This goes for Mario, Kirby, Pokemon, etc. And I get sick of that too. Sure Pixar movies are family friendly but they have deep stories and great characters just like many E rated games can have depth and good gameplay but there is still that facet of gamers who refuse to play anything unless you can shoot a gun and it has copious amounts of blood.

I'll push that one step furthur and say that stupid "kids only" moniker has been aplied to ALL videogames.

Cuz why have fake gunz knives when u can haz REAL gunz and knives! bwahaha stupid gamerz.....  

:roll: 

Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Soniczero1993
But video games have PLASMA CANNONS and LIGHTSABERS!
ktulu007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 ktulu007
Member since 2004 • 41725 Posts

I'm sick of those Sonic fans who feel like they have to defend everything Sega's done with him. There are some really bad Sonic games out there. 

I'm sick of those people who have only seen the cartoons/anime or read the comics saying that the games are doing the canon wrong. 

I'm sick of hearing that Sonic 06 is the worst game ever made. Yes, it's terrible but there are worse games out there. Both in terms of storytelling and in terms of glitchiness. 

demoman_chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 demoman_chaos
Member since 2006 • 13896 Posts
-snip-kbaily
Don't forget the old Spyro games. I barking love Year of the Dragon.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#14 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
The eye colors of old and new Sonic. Technology wasn't that advanced in the 90s.
Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Soniczero1993
That had nothing to do with technology. It was following the American trend of no one having eye color. Fred Flintstone doesn't have eye color. Micky doesn't either. Most of the Looney Tunes didn't either.
Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#16 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111406 Posts
"There's like no good Sonic games anymore." ****er if you bothered to look you'd be proven wrong! :cry:
Avatar image for PiscesAnimeGirl
PiscesAnimeGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 PiscesAnimeGirl
Member since 2010 • 234 Posts
I get sick of hearing crap about 4Kids -_- seriously? I think the 4Kids cast was the best cast. Much better than the Adventure cast in my opinion. 
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kbaily

I get sick of hearing crap about 4Kids -_- seriously? I think the 4Kids cast was the best cast. Much better than the Adventure cast in my opinion. PiscesAnimeGirl

I just got a kick out of the folks that singlehandedly blamed 4Kids for some of the bad Sonic games that came out for a while there. Seriously while bad voice acting can worsen some aspects of the game, it had no bearing on the gameplay.

Avatar image for PiscesAnimeGirl
PiscesAnimeGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 PiscesAnimeGirl
Member since 2010 • 234 Posts
Exactly. Sega was stupid for constantly rushing and never taking their time
Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Cloud_765
Well it doesn't help 4Kids doesn't given their voice actors enough time to comfortably move into a role before they role the first works out. So of coure Shadow's game had piss-poor voice acting and 2006 had bad line delivery. I do think by Unleashed they weren't half bad because they'd settled into their roles. Especially Eggman and Tails.
demoman_chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 demoman_chaos
I am sick of hearing people call Dr. Robotnik "eggman". It is Robotnik, nag dabbit. I give you exhibit A: [spoiler]  [/spoiler]
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22 sonicphc
Member since 2005 • 7779 Posts
[QUOTE="demoman_chaos"]I am sick of hearing people call Dr. Robotnik "eggman". It is Robotnik, nag dabbit. I give you exhibit A: [spoiler]  [/spoiler]

Personally, I liked that game best when it was called Puyo Pop :P
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kbaily

I am sick of hearing people call Dr. Robotnik "eggman". It is Robotnik, nag dabbit. I give you exhibit A: [spoiler]  [/spoiler] demoman_chaos

Well blame this on the Japanese and American branches of Sega having different backstories for Sonic back in a time before games had cutscenes and before the internet.

US Sonic used to live on Mobius fighting Dr. Robotnick and Japan's Sonic fought Dr. Eggman in an alternate reality Earth, hence when Sonic Adventure came along, a lot of the US and European fans when "WTF?" I think this is the same thing when Mario fans went from "Princess Toadstool" to "Princess Peach" though I think the consensus is Peach was her first name so her name would be Princess Peach Toadstool.

But then of course the Sonic comics tried to bridge this confusion by saying Mobius was Earth 10,000 years in the future and Eggman is an alternate reality Robotnick hence the redesign after SA1?

Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Soniczero1993

Eggman is Robotnik, Roger is the best voice actor since Ryan Drummond, and everyone that disagrees can go die.

This has been your sexy Sonic fan reminding you that the Sonic fandom is dumb. 

ktulu007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ktulu007

Eggman is Robotnik, Roger is the best voice actor since Ryan Drummond, and everyone that disagrees can go die.

Soniczero1993

I can't really disagree with that since all the English version voice actors sound equally bad to me.  

Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Cloud_765
I am sick of hearing people call Dr. Robotnik "eggman". It is Robotnik, nag dabbit. I give you exhibit A: [spoiler]  [/spoiler] demoman_chaos
Actually, he was always Eggman in Japan, and if you look closely in Wing Fortress Zone in Sonic 2, it clearly says "EGGMAN" on the side of his giant fortress somewhere... And I like calling him Eggman. :I I will concede that since Sonic Adventure 1, it was made canon that his name is Robotnik, but Eggman is also correct. So, neither of us are wrong! Yay!
gamerguy456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27 gamerguy456
Member since 2009 • 19988 Posts
honestly eggman never really bothered me
ktulu007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ktulu007

It brings to mind a silly and trippy Beatles song.  Besides, it just doesn't sound as good. 

DocEggmanNega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#29 DocEggmanNega
Member since 2008 • 1628 Posts
I hate whenever I hear a Sega rep or someone in an interview mention "back to roots". We've been hearing it for over half a decade and I don't care about that. We'll always have the originals and I encourage new things to an extent as long as they make it fun. In what ways the things change will vary from game to game, I just prefer basic Sonic gameplay with an added twist here or there, nothing radically different, Sega doesn't need to try to convince us that oldschool fans will be pleased. Because they won't be. Ever. Embracing the fun and little changes here and there will be the only way to enjoy new entries in most any gameseries.
Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Soniczero1993
Old school fans are also the people still complaining about green eyes. It's best to just leave the old school in general.
demoman_chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 demoman_chaos
I hate whenever I hear a Sega rep or someone in an interview mention "back to roots". We've been hearing it for over half a decade and I don't care about that. We'll always have the originals and I encourage new things to an extent as long as they make it fun. In what ways the things change will vary from game to game, I just prefer basic Sonic gameplay with an added twist here or there, nothing radically different, Sega doesn't need to try to convince us that oldschool fans will be pleased. Because they won't be. Ever. Embracing the fun and little changes here and there will be the only way to enjoy new entries in most any gameseries.DocEggmanNega
You? Here? Now? What? Hi again. If they really meant back to his roots, it would be fairly slow MPH wish but fluid 2D platforming and not 300+ MPH running on rails with teh T&E twins.
Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Soniczero1993

But I like running at 1,000+ MPH.

Fun fact: Sonic's blistering speed is what got me obsessed with constantly trying to speed run games. In a sense, Sonic made me impatient with standing around. I always wanted to move forward and continue with my goal. 

barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 barren167
Member since 2011 • 2606 Posts
While I'm kind of the opposite; I prefer waiting, thinking, and arriving at the perfect solution with an infinite time to do such.
demoman_chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 demoman_chaos
I prefer the smooth flow as opposed pure speed. You don't need raw MPH to feel fast, just look at Chemical Plant Zone. If you spend all the game going 300 mph, it doesn't feel fast. If you go 40 mph most of the time but have section where you can hit 60 mph, that 60 mph will feel a lot faster than the 300 mph will. You also have a LOT less to model and render when a 4 mi course only lasts 3 minutes.
DocEggmanNega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DocEggmanNega

Yeah, I don't mind running at blistering 1000mph speeds, but it's not the most satisfying thing about the games. It's stage design more than anything, a design that rewards your speed and reflexes, as opposed to the extreme example of boosting on rails constantly. I prefer the classic stuff or Advance stuff,but Sonic experiemces across games are wide and vary greatly, so I enjoy the whole spectrum in each unique way.

Old school fans are also the people still complaining about green eyes. It's best to just leave the old school in general.Soniczero1993
Being an oldschool fan, there are alotta manchildren who won't grow up with Sonic and realize changes are needed in some cases and not always bad, lol.

DocEggmanNega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DocEggmanNega
You? Here? Now? What? Hi again. If they really meant back to his roots, it would be fairly slow MPH wish but fluid 2D platforming and not 300+ MPH running on rails with teh T&E twins.demoman_chaos
Yes, me, on GameSpot, May 21st 2013, job/bills/wife/games, and hello there. Yes, I remember you.
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 kbaily

[QUOTE="demoman_chaos"]You? Here? Now? What? Hi again. If they really meant back to his roots, it would be fairly slow MPH wish but fluid 2D platforming and not 300+ MPH running on rails with teh T&E twins.DocEggmanNega
Yes, me, on GameSpot, May 21st 2013, job/bills/wife/games, and hello there. Yes, I remember you.

First Spikey, now you? Man, lots of old Sonicspot fans coming out of the woodwork.

Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Soniczero1993
Sorry, I opened up the peanut butter.
DocEggmanNega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DocEggmanNega

[QUOTE="DocEggmanNega"][QUOTE="demoman_chaos"]You? Here? Now? What? Hi again. If they really meant back to his roots, it would be fairly slow MPH wish but fluid 2D platforming and not 300+ MPH running on rails with teh T&E twins.kbaily

First Spikey, now you? Man, lots of old Sonicspot fans coming out of the woodwork.

Heheh. She said "wood". Heheh. 

barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 barren167
Member since 2011 • 2606 Posts
*facepalm* Some people. Like some I live with now. Aye, have to live with it even if I don't like it. Maybe they'll grow up... Anyway, rant aside: Change is good. That's probably the biggest thing I got out of my marketing class, and it actually did lead to a bit of a new worldview for me. Namely, I respect Nintendo that much more, at least in their means of change. Their ability to explain what in the world that change is, on the other hand... Sega, well, they just need a chance that's actually good, with traditional roots and innovative style. Sure, people will still complain, but that's mandatory for anything with at least two fans.
DocEggmanNega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DocEggmanNega
Very well put. :)