kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

User Lists: 0

#1 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

Why when Sonic's on such a high would I revert back to the disaster that happened five years ago? Because it needs to be remembered so that Sega doesn't have a brain fart and try to do this again. Plus there are still mentally challenged gamers who try to say this game is "not bad" and fine if you don't mind the beastality love story full of plot holes, the annoying friends and tedious city fetch quests, you still can't fanboy your way out of these as well as numerous load screens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MWEHwvcnyM&feature=related

We all know the game was shoved out by Sega waaaay before it was finished and things were cut like the day/night engine that was supposed to be in the hub worlds but though I played the mess for the sake of an official Sonicspot review, there were some glitches here I was even unaware of.

Sonic 06 defenders, please explain how these don't make the game bad.

mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#2 mariostar0001
Member since 2009 • 46245 Posts
I think you've managed to successfully chase out every Sonic 06 fan in the union except ShadowofSonic and zmanrwks, and the latter only plays it to mess around with glitches. :P
Avatar image for deactivated-5c35826ea3913
deactivated-5c35826ea3913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#3 deactivated-5c35826ea3913
Member since 2004 • 5298 Posts

suitable

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 sonicphc
Member since 2005 • 7779 Posts

Sonic 06 defenders, please explain how these don't make the game bad.

kbaily
Psh. They made it hilarious!

suitable

*pic*

whoozwah
Lulz.
SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 SuperSmashBro1
Member since 2008 • 14243 Posts

I think you've managed to successfully chase out every Sonic 06 fan in the union except ShadowofSonic and zmanrwks, and the latter only plays it to mess around with glitches. :Pmariostar0001
Actually,SoS mentioned he finds the game sucks many times.

But anyway,after I beat it(which I did to make my opinion more valid,and plot reasons..) the only reason why I would come back is for the music,to mess with glitches,story,funny motion physics,and to mess with the Gems(which Sega should bring back in another Adventure type game someday imo.)

Also,we can't forget my favorite glitch of them all.

mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mariostar0001
Now I finally get that picture... :P
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#7 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
How can people defend a game like this and thats without the Loading Screens.
MobilechicaneX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MobilechicaneX
Member since 2009 • 2863 Posts
The game itself was one whole glitch. Although the soundtrack will always be awesome. :P
zmanrwks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9 zmanrwks
Member since 2010 • 12562 Posts
I think you've managed to successfully chase out every Sonic 06 fan in the union except ShadowofSonic and zmanrwks, and the latter only plays it to mess around with glitches. :Pmariostar0001
I haven't played 06 son.
Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#10 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111411 Posts
...The masochist in me just got more interested in playing this piece of crap after watching that well-put-together video.
macrules_640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#11 macrules_640
Member since 2004 • 90033 Posts
This is what they use to torture people. :P
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#12 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
...The masochist in me just got more interested in playing this piece of crap after watching that well-put-together video. Cloud_765
The game is like punishing yourself for doing something wrong don't do it Cloud.
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kbaily

...The masochist in me just got more interested in playing this piece of crap after watching that well-put-together video. Cloud_765

That was kind of my thing with this game. In a sick, twisted way it fasicnates me. It's one thing to be a bad game, it's another thing to be a famously bad game. I mean it could rank among the famously fantastic greats like Bubsy 3D, Superman 64 and ET on the Atari. Mainly due to the massive hype it had early on. Remember, Sonic's HD debut in a massive, epic adventure spanning time and how past games were meant for just kids and this was going to be all "adult" and serious. Basically it was set up to be Sonic Adventure 3 which is why I roll my eyes when some fan goes on about wanting Sega to make SA3and then I tell them it was already made and just given a different name.

I have said I almost recommend playing it if only to see how bad it is. I mean with Shadow's game, the nicest thing I'll say is that it's at least functional. It's a stupid game but at least it for the most part it works on the basic technical levels. You know what you're getting into Cloud, at this point you have to decide if you truly want to experience it's crappiness. I still hate that Sonicphc didn't finish writing his playthrough journal because that was funny.

But that floating box glitch was hilarous as well as Omega being able to float into Shadow's area. The snowboarding in White Acropolis is downright infuriating though nothing compares to the frustration of Silver's Pyramid Ball Puzzle from hell that guarantees you'll never get a good rank on that stage.

dalejrgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 dalejrgamer
Member since 2005 • 6840 Posts

The game itself was one whole glitch. Although the soundtrack will always be awesome. :PMobilechicaneX

"Botch" would be a more appropriate term here.

mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mariostar0001

[QUOTE="mariostar0001"]I think you've managed to successfully chase out every Sonic 06 fan in the union except ShadowofSonic and zmanrwks, and the latter only plays it to mess around with glitches. :PSuperSmashBro1

[QUOTE="mariostar0001"]I think you've managed to successfully chase out every Sonic 06 fan in the union except ShadowofSonic and zmanrwks, and the latter only plays it to mess around with glitches. :Pzmanrwks
I haven't played 06 son.

... All right, fine, you've driven away every fan of it, period. Happy?
SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SuperSmashBro1
The snowboarding in White Acropolis is downright infuriating though nothing compares to the frustration of Silver's Pyramid Ball Puzzle from hell that guarantees you'll never get a good rank on that stage.kbaily
It was possible to glitch through that part though..
[QUOTE="SuperSmashBro1"]

[QUOTE="mariostar0001"]I think you've managed to successfully chase out every Sonic 06 fan in the union except ShadowofSonic and zmanrwks, and the latter only plays it to mess around with glitches. :Pmariostar0001

[QUOTE="mariostar0001"]I think you've managed to successfully chase out every Sonic 06 fan in the union except ShadowofSonic and zmanrwks, and the latter only plays it to mess around with glitches. :Pzmanrwks
I haven't played 06 son.

... All right, fine, you've driven away every fan of it, period. Happy?

Except maybe for that one guy who liked every Sonic game,including Shadow,06,Black Knight..haven't seen him since then though,perhaps we shamelessly driven him away from the union right away.

macrules_640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 macrules_640
What was wrong with me that I even played this game?
dalejrgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dalejrgamer
Member since 2005 • 6840 Posts

Just have this go through your mind when you play it:

"I've been in the danger zone..."
"An he gawt a bysickel!"
"MINUS. FIVE. STARS."
"FAAAAAT ASSSSSSES"
"Mongo"
"Huh?"
"Yappapi"
"We're coming for you n*****"
"SU-PER DRA-GON!"
*CZW air horns*
"Jeff Harvey"
"HOW MUCH DOES THIS GUY WEIGH?"
"AHAHAHAHAHAHA PLAY!"
"Wanna play 21?"
"FAAAAA-KEEEEN!!!"

Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Cloud_765

You know what you're getting into Cloud, at this point you have to decide if you truly want to experience it's crappiness.kbaily
I have played it before, just never beat it on anyone's story due to how broken it was. One of my "favorite" glitches involved homing attacking a barrel in the hubworld, then seeing Sonic uncurl and collide with the barrel as if it were a wall, then begin sliding and disallowing me to control him for like 5 seconds.

Plus I'm a nerd for games that have lots of weird glitches. And some of those glitches are just plain game-breaking. In a bad way. Of course if I REALLY want to buy it, I'll probably buy it used since I wouldn't dare buying the POS new.

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kbaily

Glitches I encountered during my time (at least that I can remember).

Omega and Silver's infinite floating abilities.

Silver's infinite death loop.

Sonic missing the dash pad during the auto run through the big loop and flying off into the ocean. Though these occur numerous times.

Watching sidekicks flicker on the sidewalk while wandering around town. If you stand in the right place, whichever sidekick is following you will sometimes get stuck on the edge of the sidewalk and flicker like hell.

In Crisis City as Shadow, trying to do some mid air homing attacks and for some reason stopping dead center in mid air and plummeting and not being able to control whatsoever.

And not mentioned in the video, if you spend the rings you can get the "Purple Gem" which is simply the game allowing you to glitch through levels by floating.

This vid found a few more. My favorite is Sonic's Jesus ability. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGTN9rEzxa8&feature=related

SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SuperSmashBro1

Sometimes I wonder if the purple Gem was supposed to make him float,or its glitched :P

Edit: Damn Glitchspot and their triple post.

SuperSonic223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 SuperSonic223
Member since 2004 • 236 Posts
If I wasn't a Sonic fan, I wouldn't have bothered to play through it. The game wasn't just bad but sad. It could have been great, unfortunately it suffered because of glitches and bad mechanics. Yeah there's no way I could defend this game!
Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Cloud_765
If I wasn't a Sonic fan, I wouldn't have bothered to play through it. The game wasn't just bad but sad. It could have been great, unfortunately it suffered because of glitches and bad mechanics. Yeah there's no way I could defend this game!SuperSonic223
The saddest thing is without the glitches, it would've been at least passable. The environments looked lovely and the music was good. It just sucked everywhere else. And that's where it mattered most. Instead of being able to give this game like a 7 (what I give the Wii version of Unleashed since it works but it's just not that fun outside of day stages), I could only give this game a max of like 4 out of 10, maybe 5. It's just too broken to be anything above a bad game.
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kbaily

Another glitch I remember if you watched the Hellfire Commentary on it was in Sonic's story, during the 3 tests, test of love. Basically it's the easiest S rank to get in the game. I'M NOT MAKING THE FOLLOWING UP. The test consists of Sonic given a choice to walk over to Amy or Elise. That's it. Whichever one you pick, it's done in a minute, easy S rank. However there are cases where it glitches out and won't let you choose Amy. In some versions it would only allow you to pick Elise to complete the task so it was often joked that the game was encouraging beastiality. Now I played the game way later when it was in the bargain bin marked as a 360 "Family Hit." It's possible this glitch only existed for certain copies of the game and was corrected in later rereleases.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lzdv-owtb4s

This video had a handful more as well as pointed out some of the story issues. I will say one part that is also salvagable was Shadow's character in this. Not the overly dramatic villian of SA2 but also getting back on his Angst medication after his solo outing and not toting guns and swearing though they felt the need to slow him down and force him to drive cars, he ends up having the most competent story particularly his line at the end "if the world choses to become my enemy, then I will fight like I always have." Some say the whole Shadow/Mephiles storyline would've been better for Shadow's solo game than Black Doom.

Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Soniczero1993
Member since 2005 • 35070 Posts
This needs to be in Generations.
macrules_640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 macrules_640
Now that's a killer remix.
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kbaily

This needs to be in Generations.Soniczero1993

Yeah Sonic 06 did have a great soundtrack and it's a shame it was all wasted on such a crappy game.

ShadowofSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ShadowofSonic
Member since 2009 • 24616 Posts
Sonic 06 is a fu*kfist of sh*t but I liked some gameplay mechanics they introduced. Like those high-speed stages, where you couldn't stop? I liked those.
macrules_640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 macrules_640
Small rocks! My only weakness! :P
Hyrule4EVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#32 Hyrule4EVER
Member since 2009 • 632 Posts

Ok, now I have to play this game...

Hell with that, i'm going to OWN this game, at least to save it from going to a well known mexican landfill.

Then again, I might just get it as a prank christmas present (my brother got me SonicGenesisGBA last year). :roll:

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kbaily

Hell with that, i'm going to OWN this game, at least to save it from going to a well known mexican landfill.

Then again, I might just get it as a prank christmas present (my brother got me SonicGenesisGBA last year). :roll:

Hyrule4EVER

As I've said, it truly is one of those games you actually want to play just to see how bad it is. If anything there's fun glitches to exploit and the fact that the plot is so retarded and yet trying so hard to take itself seriously.

ShadowofSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ShadowofSonic
[QUOTE="Hyrule4EVER"]

kbaily

As I've said, it truly is one of those games you actually want to play just to see how bad it is. If anything there's fun glitches to exploit and the fact that the plot is so retarded and yet trying so hard to take itself seriously.

Call me Cookie, but the game's plot could have been bad-ass if it removed some things and changed other things....
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 kbaily
[QUOTE="kbaily"][QUOTE="Hyrule4EVER"]

ShadowofSonic

Call me Cookie, but the game's plot could have been bad-ass if it removed some things and changed other things....

Oh there was potential for an epic story involving time travel but the Sonic/Elise thing just overpowers it and it's full of plotholes that make no sense.

Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Soniczero1993
Between constant emerald exchange between times and the times the characters keep warping about, some things just get lost in the gimmick of the story.
ShadowofSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ShadowofSonic
Between constant emerald exchange between times and the times the characters keep warping about, some things just get lost in the gimmick of the story.Soniczero1993
Of all the years in the world,past and present, Eggman AND Mefiles(??) both send Sonic and Shadow to the exact same year and day.
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kbaily

[QUOTE="Soniczero1993"]Between constant emerald exchange between times and the times the characters keep warping about, some things just get lost in the gimmick of the story.ShadowofSonic
Of all the years in the world,past and present, Eggman AND Mefiles(??) both send Sonic and Shadow to the exact same year and day.

And how can we forget Silver's infamous handing over the Blue Emerald to Elise and single handedly destroying the entire series canon.

ShadowofSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ShadowofSonic

[QUOTE="ShadowofSonic"][QUOTE="Soniczero1993"]Between constant emerald exchange between times and the times the characters keep warping about, some things just get lost in the gimmick of the story.kbaily

And how can we forget Silver's infamous handing over the Blue Emerald to Elise and single handedly destroying the entire series canon.

Among others. :P
Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Cloud_765

So I'm watching BrainScratchComms' LP of this game, and I am being reminded of just how bad this game is, and just how much gravity DOES NOT exist.

I like how they call Silver "Pothead the Porcupine".

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 sonicphc

So I'm watching BrainScratchComms' LP of this game, and I am being reminded of just how bad this game is, and just how much gravity DOES NOT exist.

I like how they call Silver "Pothead the Porcupine".

Cloud_765
I thought Prop 19 the Hedgehog was a better joke...
ShadowofSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ShadowofSonic
Sonic 06 is still great though! Look, I can use the pamphlet to wipe my ass, and I can take off the cover and make it a case for a better game! :D
macrules_640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 macrules_640
A little too graphic, but using it as a coaster is just as effective. :P
Avatar image for narutomanfan123
narutomanfan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#44 narutomanfan123
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
God i hate that game. They have platforms in cliffs in flame core that you can't get too.
Avatar image for narutomanfan123
narutomanfan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#45 narutomanfan123
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
i love brainscratchcomms. Does guys are great
ShadowofSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ShadowofSonic
A little too graphic, but using it as a coaster is just as effective. :Pmacrules_640
Perhaps,perhaps. :lol:
macrules_640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 macrules_640
Hope you don't get modded for the post. :P
ShadowofSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ShadowofSonic
I won't. Gamespot changed the 'Terms of Use'. They allow Trolling, flaming, and cursing, as long as it's like sh!*t or f**k.
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 sonicphc
I won't. Gamespot changed the 'Terms of Use'. They allow Trolling, flaming, and cursing, as long as it's like sh!*t or f**k.ShadowofSonic
Uh... you might want to be careful about that:
The only acceptable method of posting one of these vulgar words is to obscure it, showing no more than the first letter and the length of the word.GamespotTermsOfUse
Just because a word is blotted out does not mean it cannot be a violation. If a posting is self-censored but still is in clear violation another rule (i.e. calling someone an obscured racial term, flaming or insulting a user with "**** you"), it is still a violation.GamespotTermsOfUse
Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Soniczero1993

I do that, mainly covering all but the first letter, so people get a general idea what it says, while not being moddable.

Because I actually read.