Super Mario Bros. Z Episode 8 Is here!!!

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

User Lists: 0

#1 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

Ready for more?

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/513950

When we last left our heroes, they had escaped from the minus world only to find that Bowser has invaded the Mushroom Kingdom once again.

We also see the story delve deeper into Shadow's motivations in all this as well as some nicely done closeups showing the animation maturing.

sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 sonictrainer
Member since 2008 • 15187 Posts
I know, I just watched it! :D
macrules_640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#3 macrules_640
Member since 2004 • 90033 Posts

That was a sweet episode.

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kbaily

I love that he brought in an original character, Basilisk, the genetically enhanced Super Koopa troopa and brought in the Tanooki and hammer suits from SMB3 and managed to come up with such creative ways for the characters to fight.

Fire Sonic FTW.

But then it ends on such a cliffhanger and we're all dying to see Mecha Mario in action.

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 sonicphc
Member since 2005 • 7779 Posts
Impressive. Also, conveniently ends on the "SUPER OMEGA CLIFFHANGER" that every episode of the Dragonball series ends on. *applause* Well done, authors. Well done, indeed.
macrules_640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 macrules_640
I wonder if Shadow is going to appear and save the day again?
Hyrule4EVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#7 Hyrule4EVER
Member since 2009 • 632 Posts

Thanks Kbaily! Youre a lifesaver! The site I go to watch this stopped playing SMBZ for some reason and I thought i'd never be able to see it again. :(

But now its time to watch the show where shadow is actually watchable. ;)

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kbaily

As I watched it though I realized something regarding the ending.

Mobius has been destroyed and all of Shadow and Sonic's friends are dead (though there are those clammoring that Silver and Blaze who weren't killed should join in, *gag*) and even if they get the Chaos Emeralds and defeat Mecha Sonic, what's left for them. It can only end a couple ways, so scroll down if you want to see my thoughts as to how it could end.

>

>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Ending 1: They use the Chaos Emeralds and do a Sonic Next Gen ass pull and wish everyone back to life and given it is sort of spoofing DBZ, it's a possibility. Happy ending. Everyone's alive again.

Ending 2: Mecha Sonic is defeated. Sonic and Shadow start a new life in the Mushroom Kingdom.

Ending 3: Mecha Sonic is defeated. Sonic and Shadow return to Mobius to rebuild.

Ending 4: Mecha Sonic kills everyone and destroys the world. The End. (probably not though)

Ending 5: Scooby Doo ending. Sonic pulls of Mecha Sonic's mask to reveal old Man Toadstool of the haunted Mario Kart track who says "I would've gotten away with it to if it wasn't for you snooping plumbers, hedgehogs and that damn dinosaur!" (sorry couldn't resist)

But here's an ending that I would like to see the series do that would be bittersweet:

With Mecha Sonic defeated, Shadow and Sonic breathe a sigh of relief but realize nothing will restore Mobius or bring back their friends and debate if they should stay in the Mushroom Kingdom with Mario or go back to Mobius and rebuild. Then Eldstar, the leader of the Star Spirits comes down (they appear in the intro movie so they're going to be in it eventually) and informs Sonic "We stars can grant many wishes however even we can't raise the dead, however Sonic, there is a chance for you to get your life back." Sonic says "what is it?" Eldstar continues "You see we can combine our power with the Chaos Emeralds and use Chaos Control to send you back to Mobius before Mecha Sonic destroyed it. Mecha Sonic will be gone. All your friends will be alive and your home will be as it was." Sonic asks "What's the catch?" Eldstar replies "Time will be reset through Chaos Control meaning all events of the last several days will be erased from memory." "So I won't remember Mario, Luigi or anyone I met on this journey?" Sonic asks. "Correct," says Eldstar. Sonic now has to choose between the life he had and the life he has now. Mario gives him a soulful look as to say "do what will make you happy, Sonic." We have a bittersweet farewell and Sonic and Shadow use Chaos Control with the Stars and return to Mobius, now restored and all of Sonic's friends are alive again. Meanwhile Mario finds himself back at the race track winning against Wario and Waluigi and Bowser not showing up.

Of course maybe add that Sonic and Mario were able to remember the events of the adventure even after the reset but no one else did. Sonic sees Tails and says "Tails, you're alive!" To which Tails says "Of course I'm alive." And Sonic realizes what has happened.

macrules_640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 macrules_640

That does sound like a good ending for the series.

Seanronnie22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Seanronnie22
Member since 2005 • 4504 Posts
Its dose I mean everthing has an end so that would work nice but I doubt it will happen....right now at least he's trying to do sagas, 4 if I remeber his posts well and so an ending like that could only come at the Final Saga.
Hyrule4EVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Hyrule4EVER

I guess that would be a good ending, but only if Alvin wishes to finish the series within the next three episodes, because if the series goes on long, one would wonder why the Edstars didnt give at least a little help sooner. I am aleo suspicious of to whether or not Mobius is destroyed, considering how Sonic shakes it off with a smile. Also, did anyone else here get a Star Wars deja vu when luigi and Yoshi ran into the hanger full of Koopas?

Anyways, Ep. 8 is amazing, not as good as episod 7, but still staggering in every way. Though, I hope they get rid of Captain ballistics in the next episode, he is the most ridiculous villiain since, well, Shadow.

That "Do a Barrel Roll!!" part was so funny, also the part where Sonic says to Shadow, "You are one of the most compassionate people I know." Hilarious!

That was a joke, right?

macrules_640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 macrules_640
Yeah the episode was chalk full of omg moments!
Avatar image for Smashbrossive50
Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Smashbrossive50
Member since 2009 • 3915 Posts
you should bring 5 gallons of soda and a barrel of food supply to watch it,I will do it in just a moment.
Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Smashbrossive50

from the looks,upcoming episode 9 will be better than this*curtain call*show's over,see it first on SonicSpot!

Episode 9?coming soon,don't miss it!

macrules_640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 macrules_640
It will probably be a while before the next episode is out.
Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Smashbrossive50
let's do the prediction,will Mario ever survive the poison mushroom and restore his friends back to normal or,end up real badly?
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kbaily

let's do the prediction,will Mario ever survive the poison mushroom and restore his friends back to normal or,end up real badly?
Smashbrossive50

What will probably happen will be Shadow will be roaming around acting emo as usual, find Mecha Sonic and get into a big fight. After that fight, he'll have some realization and go back to help the others, reach the airship, see Mario pinned down by Basislisk and throughly wipe the floor with the evil troopa, but just as that is finishing up, Mecha Sonic will show up and kill Basilisk but just as he finished that Bowser will unleash Mecha Mario (FINALLY) and we get to see a cool fight between them. I mean we've been dying to see Mecha Mario in action since the beginning of episode 7.

macrules_640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 macrules_640

That's a good prediction and it will most likely happen.

Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Smashbrossive50
I don't know,maybe it will or won't,that's how it is.
sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20 sonictrainer
Member since 2008 • 15187 Posts
Well, he does have an extra life...
macrules_640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 macrules_640

Better have that green mushroom handy Mario.

Hyrule4EVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Hyrule4EVER
Im actually hoping for a brawl between Mecha Sonic and Mecha Mario, or at least a three way fight (Mario-Luigi-Sonic-Yoshi VS Mecha sonic VS mecha Mario).
ParovB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#23 ParovB
Member since 2020 • 1 Posts

Sweet show, didn't even know it existed until today. Now I have some new binge material ;)