Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

User Lists: 0

#1 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

Read this article that was posted by sonicphc at the offcial site:

http://wii.kombo.com/article.php?artid=13450

It all makes sense now doesn't it? The low quality of the recent games. The Sonic Team is made up by a bunch of unfufilled designers who are sick of making Sonic games mainly because the fat cats at Sega are barking at them to make as many as possible knowing that even if they suck, kids and die hard Sonic fans will still buy them as long as Sonic's mug is slapped on it (though if that's the case why haven't they made 10 more Shadow games? not that I'm complaining mind you) Hence the recent Nights sequel which was meant to be a break from the glut of Sonic games they were forced to work on.

No where was this more prevalent than in the disaster of 2006, you know the one. Anyone who played it, even the nutjobs who think its' the best game Evarr!! couldn't help but notice the lack of polish. Constant load screens, glitch graphics, camera spazes, etc. Even things that they promised would be in the game, that were missing. I remember them saying Sonic06 would have this day/night thing going on during the hub worlds like Zelda does. That was missing from the final game as well as all those moves you could buy for Sonic from the shop, that didn't work. The developers admitted themselves that the game was unfinished and Sega said they had to have it out for the holiday season and PS3 launch.

So if the Sonic Team is sick of Sonic, here's my idea. Dissolve the Sonic Team, or fire everyone in it and find people who actually WANT to make a good Sonic game like Dimps. Look at Unleashed for the Wii/PS2. Guess who made those great day stages? Dimps who also made the superperb Sonic Rush series. They know how to make a good Sonic game in both 2D and 3D as we've seen with Unleashed's day stages. Better yet, give everyone a couple years off from making Sonic games.

Of course I always dream of Miyamoto making a Sonic game but he's too busy right now trying to convince everyone that Wii Music isn't sh--.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#2 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
I think Sonic Team should pass the series onto Dimps at least they know how to make a fairly good Sonic game unlike Sonic Team.
kjhg53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#3 kjhg53
Member since 2008 • 30455 Posts
Funny isn't it? People who have been working on Sonic for years should let a group who have been working on Sonic for less time make Sonic games. Yeah I do think Dimps knows what they are doing. I also find the fact that Sonic Team doesn't really care about Sonic makes me want to shake my head and facepalm if I every is them.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#4 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

Seems like the real solution would be to fire whoever is responsible for overworking and slave-driving Sonic Team so much and give them like a year or two without having to make a single Sonic game.  After thinking about how many games there have been, I have to say that I can't really blame them for being sick of it.

kjhg53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kjhg53
Member since 2008 • 30455 Posts
Plus with all the mixed reviews of thier slave driven labor...
Avatar image for deactivated-5c35826ea3913
deactivated-5c35826ea3913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#6 deactivated-5c35826ea3913
Member since 2004 • 5298 Posts
what's keeping them from quitting sonic team and getting jobs with other devs? Oh yeah. Their portfolios of fail. That's what. Sucks for them.
Avatar image for Shadow_of_Kirby
Shadow_of_Kirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Shadow_of_Kirby
Member since 2007 • 589 Posts

If that was the case, I would think they would be working even harder to make good games.

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

#8 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

If that was the case, I would think they would be working even harder to make good games.

Shadow_of_Kirby

That's the thing. It's not so much the developers as the Publishers. Publishers are the root of all evil in gaming. Publishers care nothing of quality, just about money. Publishers are the reason the Wii is full of crap shovelware games. Publishers are the reason we are getting 10 Guitar Heroes a year now and as Publishers, Sega knows that even if a Sonic game is crap, fans will not only buy it but then defend it even it is a horrid mess of a game.

The developers want to probably make a great Sonic game but then they never get enough time to polish it because the publishers want it out by said date. As was the case with Sonic Next Gen. Then what happens? You get developers who are tired of being pushed at a breakneck pace, being told to make this number of games in this amount of time knowning that they don't get a realistic window of time to really polish the game and once upon a time the Sonic Team made something besides Sonic games. Nights, Billy Hatcher, Ristar all of these were things to allow the Sonic Team to expand themselves as opposed to just being a Sonic shovelware generator.

SHAAKE_N_BAKE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 SHAAKE_N_BAKE
Member since 2008 • 3396 Posts
they should take a year or two off from making sonic games instead of constantly shoveling out crap
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#10 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
Maybe they are worried in 2 years Sonic might be forgot. While Sonic games sell they will continue to make them because of one thing Sonic games sell.
Hyrule4EVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#11 Hyrule4EVER
Member since 2009 • 632 Posts

these are all great ideas.

heres hoping that the group of publishers dissolve, or at least take a step bacjk and rethink things. then have DIMPS become part of the team, then put up "Now Hiring" signs. ;)

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 sonicphc
Member since 2005 • 7779 Posts
This topic has got me thinking... RANT TIEM!
Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111406 Posts
Allow me: Sega, while I have no sympathy for them now (however I feel sad for Sonic Team), also tries to make Sonic Team make Sonic games that treat to the knucklehead crowd that loves the new stuff, while appealing to the old crowd too. This results in some decent gameplay machinics, but many other flawed ones and also the reason many newer Sonic games have been nothing but mediocre.