kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

User Lists: 0

#1 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

This is an important message to all union members! Hence why I didn't just throw it into the Unleashed thread.

Get Sonic Unleashed for the Wii! NOT the 360 or PS3. This is not a fanboy raving! This is an important announcement.

Read this:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/930/930286p1.html

While Wii version might not look as pretty as the other versions, apparently according to IGN the 360/PS3 versions have horrid framrate issues but the Wii version runs smoothly and as Wii games go, is one of the nicer looking titles and unlike a lot of third party Wii games which just port a PS2 game, the PS2 is getting a Wii port.

A similar thing happened with Sonic Heroes. The Gamecube version was the best of the three being mostly free of bugs, glitches and slowdown but if you played the XB or PS2 version, you got a sloppy port.

Also as Wii controls go, the apparently function well and even if you don't like them there's always the Gamecube controller option.

Use this link, spread the word around. What good are pretty HD graphics, if the framerate is going to slowdown every few seconds? (see Sonic Next Gen)

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#2 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
I expect the Wii version to score the highest because Sonic has done better on Nintendo systems than Playstation and XBox consoles
Avatar image for RidersInThe-Sky
RidersInThe-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 RidersInThe-Sky
Member since 2008 • 918 Posts

Reguardless of the fact that I don't have a Wii, I'm getting the 360 version anyway for 2 reasons:

1. It's the only version Sega's been showing off

2. The Hedgehog engine. I've been dying to test it out since the E3 demo and after Next-gen, I think this series needs reinvention.

Besides that he did say that they were preview builds so maybe the problems won't be as severe when the game releases. And patches are still an option. Of course none of this will matter to me if the game gets bad reviews.

Avatar image for deactivated-59be76f5a5388
deactivated-59be76f5a5388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 deactivated-59be76f5a5388
Member since 2006 • 11372 Posts

I'm getting it on the Wii anyways. Speaking of IGN, they have the entire 'Apotos' daytime level up on their videos section.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14242720/sonic-unleashed/videos/SonicU_apotos_wii_111408.html

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kbaily

There was also this article at 1up.com

Sega has announced that the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of Sonic Unleashed have been delayed in Japan, with the release date pushed back from December 18 to spring of 2009. Titled Sonic World Adventure in Japan, the reason given for the delay is to "further improve the quality of the game," according to the explanation on its official web page (translation via Siliconera). Quality assurance seems like a dandy reason to delay a game, but here's the screwy part -- the delay is only for Japan, as both versions of the game are still set for release in the U.S. later this year, with the 360 version on November 24 and the PS3 version on December 12.

So... what gives? The clear implication of this announcement is that U.S. gamers are getting shafted with a version Sega apparently knows needs more work, while Japanese gamers will get a retooled and (presumably) better game later on. Or, will we perhaps see an eleventh hour delay in the U.S. as well, and Sega of America just hasn't gotten around to announcing it yet? Like we said -- definitely screwy.

Our favorite part about this news, though, is that the Wii version is still on track for its original release both in the U.S. and in Japan. We can only assume this further indicates that no one gives a damn about quality assurance on Nintendo's console.

The only part I disagree with is that last sentence because IGN said that the Wii version looked and played very nicely for what was supposedly a finished version.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#6 TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33350 Posts
Okay, thanks for letting us know. I was going to get the Wii version anyway though.
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kbaily

Okay, thanks for letting us know. I was going to get the Wii version anyway though.TAMKFan

I hear a lot of people saying that, even ones who have one of the other consoles. Maybe, it's because Sonic just feels right on a Nintendo console. It's weird too because most of the time, when a game is multiplatform, the Wii always gets the shaft (it wouldn't have that problem if the PS2 would just die already) but as Wii games go SU looks nice compared to most third party fare out there and it seems like at least Sega is trying to make it good.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 chocolate1325
I think Sonic has a much better chance at being good on Nintendo systems.
demoman_chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 demoman_chaos
Member since 2006 • 13896 Posts

it wouldn't have that problem if the PS2 would just die alreadykbaily

The PS2 may last as long as the Wii does. A lot of games I prefer on the PS2 instead of the Wii (shooters on the Wii don't feel right to me). Severeal games benefit more from more buttons than motion controls (because few 3rd party games use the motion well).

GaMa729

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#10 GaMa729
Member since 2005 • 4270 Posts
I'm definintly getting this game for the Wii, mostly because I don't have a PS3 or 360, Lol
Zoonotics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11 Zoonotics
Member since 2008 • 33 Posts

Strange... I was reading in some other hands on a week or two earlier that the framerates in 360/ps3 were barely having any problems at all. 

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kbaily

Strange... I was reading in some other hands on a week or two earlier that the framerates in 360/ps3 were barely having any problems at all.

Zoonotics

Perhaps earlier, there were framerate issues or maybe they played a shorter demo and if there were issues they said "well they still have time to fix it," but now with the launch around the corner, they're just giving everyone fair warning.

I mean buy whatever version you want, but I just wanted to pass that message along.

On another note: I could help while watching the "Apatos" level that it reminded me strangely of the first level of Super Mario Sunshine with the colorful green hills and windmills.

Avatar image for deactivated-59be76f5a5388
deactivated-59be76f5a5388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 deactivated-59be76f5a5388
Member since 2006 • 11372 Posts
Isn't it out in America today?
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 chocolate1325
I think it scored an 8/10 in Nintendo Power I think.
demoman_chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 demoman_chaos
Member since 2006 • 13896 Posts

Isn't it out in America today?Hyper_Hedgehog

It shipped today, be in stores tomorrow (and hopefully in my collection).

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kbaily

According to the US Sega site, the Wii and PS2 versions are out today, the 360 version will be out on the 24th and the PS3 version won't be out until December 2008. So perhaps that delay is to improve their framerate issues (and God knows we've talked about how Sonic games could stand to be polished and not rushed out).

Also, now to make your multiple console choice more of a pain apparently according to Sega's site the Mazuri (Africa) stage is exclusive to the PS3 and 360 versions, so that sucks. Don't ask me what's up with that. Then again the trade off is Wii owners get to play it sooner. Maybe I'll buy one version and rent the other.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 chocolate1325
IGN have reviewed the game and it recieved a 7.2 which I think is a fair review. I think it is good score based on past games.