Zoonotics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Zoonotics
Member since 2008 • 33 Posts

Have you been wanting to add a bit of challenge or variety to your beloved Sonic games? Then look no further than this list.  ;)

One Handed Challenge: Probably the easiest challenge, here you play with only one hand. It's amusing how inaccurate your control becomes when you're only using one or two fingers instead of a thumb to steer. It's also difficult to quickly change between the A and B buttons without changing your hold on the joystick. Careful though,  it can cause hand cramping if you try this for too long. :P

Play with your feet: This challenge is truly hilarious. Trying to steer poor Sonic with your big toe is crazily hard but amazingly entertaining. Trying to hit that tiny little B button without hitting A is also quite the challenge. Trying to maneuver over bottomless pits with your questionable accuracy is especially terrifying, which makes this challenge awesome. For even more hilarity, try doing this in a vs. stage with a friend.

Two-Player Challenge: Two friends, one Sonic. Grab a buddy and use the super power of teamwork to get Sonic through a stage using only one controller. That's right, one person mans the joystick while the other controls A and B. This can be tricky at first, but once you've got a system down it's an amazingly fun time. 

Play Upside Down: This challenge is my personal favorite. Simply turn the controller upside down and play through a stage. The fun is that all the controls that you are used to are now inverted. A and B are on the wrong side, up is down, left is right. You end up trying to play normally, but that sends you flying in the wrong direction. This challenge is especially funny from all the simple mistaks you end up making. After a while you do start to get used to it, and it feels really sweet when you can chain several events together while playing backwards. 

Blindfolded: Easily the hardest challenge here. Have you ever thought to yourself, "Man, I've played Green Hill Zone so many times that I could play it with my eyes closed?" Now you can try putting that thought to the test by closing your eyes throughout the entirety of a level. Getting sections right feels amazing to play, but bottomless pits are your worst nightmare. It's an interesting experience to see how well you know the level. I  recommend trying this first with something that you are familiar with. ;)

If you are feeling especially daring, you could try combining these challenges together. Two players using their feet on one controller? One-handed upside down? If anyone can play through a level with their eyes closed while playing with their feet, I want to meet them. :P You could also try these challenges with less standard Sonic games like Sonic Riders or Sonic Chronicles. Pulling off those POW moves with your feet? Priceless. And If you've got another challenge idea, shout it out! :)

demoman_chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 demoman_chaos
Member since 2006 • 13896 Posts

Blindfolded and muted. You can't use familiar sounds to guide you through the level, nor can you use your ever improtant eyes. You have to rely on memory and scent.

Avatar image for -SpikyBlueHero-
-SpikyBlueHero-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 -SpikyBlueHero-
Member since 2007 • 2176 Posts

Very interesting ideas! :D I'm just too accustomed to normal control to have thought of any of these alternatives. :P

DarkSmokeNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 DarkSmokeNinja
Member since 2008 • 3485 Posts
I might try the blind folded challenge
Avatar image for DarkspineSonic0
DarkspineSonic0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 DarkspineSonic0
Member since 2007 • 195 Posts
playing with your face. Now THAT would be HI-LA-RI-OUS
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 sonicphc
Member since 2005 • 7779 Posts
Dude, I play with my face all the time. Wait, we're not talking about the Clarinet, are we...