What do you think of reproduction carts?

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

User Lists: 0

#1 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2949 Posts

I admit it, I have bought some of these on eBay and even though it felt wrong doing so, it seems like these work fine in my systems. Is there any risk involved with buying a reproduction cart? I'm not really going crazy with them but just the occasional game or two.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9547 Posts

Well, with games that are probably never going to be re-released I don't personally have a problem with it, but you could always use an emulator as well. I've never bought a repro cart, but I have bought homebrew carts.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34610 Posts

Not sure why you'd get those instead of an emulator, or flash carts. Their physical looks? Sounds like a waste of money.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

I don't mind them they are generally cheaper.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#5 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2949 Posts
@Litchie said:

Not sure why you'd get those instead of an emulator, or flash carts. Their physical looks? Sounds like a waste of money.

I guess I could do that. Thing was I don't plan to play many games like this anyway. They do look legit though, I mean almost indistinguishable from the real thing. Watch how many chicks I pick up because I have a "legit" looking Pokemon Red in my GameBoy. Just kidding of course. I may have wasted my money, but I can think of much worse ways to spend it, and these do look cool, like "new" no doubt.