LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178865 Posts

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-revealed-highly-classified-information-to-russian-foreign-minister-and-ambassador/2017/05/15/530c172a-3960-11e7-9e48-c4f199710b69_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-high_trumpintel-0504pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.94b359955049

At this point I hope no sane people are supporting this. Giving sensitive information away that compromises future intel and something we don't share with our allies but okay for doing so with Russia.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3745 Posts

What at a scumbag fake president idiot is, a complete disgrace to the office of the presidency.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

He doesn't realize what he's doing. What an idiot.

resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

he can't be that stupid

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LJS9502_basic

@resevl4rlz said:

he can't be that stupid

Apparently he can..........

Elpresador-911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Elpresador-911
Member since 2013 • 1096 Posts

Nice fake news

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#7 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@LJS9502_basic:

At this point, I'd imagine his supporters would just be plugging their ears with their fingers yelling, "LA, LA, LA, LA, LA!!! FAKE NEWS!!! I'M NOT LISTENING!! LA, LA, LA, LA, LA!!!! IF I DON'T LISTEN, IT NEVER HAPPENED!!!"

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23051 Posts

Lock him up! Lock him up!

Am I doing it right?

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Statement from Secretary Tillerson:

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/864248406298021888

Too bad the Trump Administration doesn't have much credibility. Lets see how this develop. Distraction from the Comey firing?

resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By resevl4rlz

https://twitter.com/SpeakerRyan/status/751198307972767744

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LJS9502_basic

@killered3 said:

@LJS9502_basic:

At this point, I'd imagine his supporters would just be plugging their ears with their fingers yelling, "LA, LA, LA, LA, LA!!! FAKE NEWS!!! I'M NOT LISTENING!! LA, LA, LA, LA, LA!!!! IF I DON'T LISTEN, IT NEVER HAPPENED!!!"

@elpresador-911 said:

Nice fake news

Case in point.....

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-revealed-highly-classified-information-to-russian-foreign-minister-and-ambassador/2017/05/15/530c172a-3960-11e7-9e48-c4f199710b69_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-high_trumpintel-0504pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.94b359955049

At this point I hope no sane people are supporting this. Giving sensitive information away that compromises future intel and something we don't share with our allies but okay for doing so with Russia.

Lol according to an article WAPost wrote, nearly every conservative outlet on the internet is actually Russian news agent. Do you pick and choose which articles from WAPo you choose to ignore or do you just accept them all as true? Are you aware WAPost used to regularly publish Russian propaganda?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

Lol according to an article WAPost wrote, nearly every conservative outlet on the internet is actually Russian news agent.

Link.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@zaryia said:
@KHAndAnime said:

Lol according to an article WAPost wrote, nearly every conservative outlet on the internet is actually Russian news agent.

Link.

He's going to link The Washington Times again.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50647 Posts

Sigh...

"The president and the foreign minister reviewed common threats from terrorist organizations to include threats to aviation," H.R. McMaster, Trump's national security adviser, who was in the meeting, told the Post. "At no time were any intelligence sources or methods discussed and no military operations were disclosed that were not already known publicly."

"During that exchange, the nature of specific threats were discussed, but they did not discuss sources, methods, or military operations," Tillerson added.

And Deputy National Security Adviser Dina Powell said the "story is false."

"The president only discussed the common threats that both countries faced," she said.

Moving on....

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Zaryia

@Chutebox said:

Sigh...

"The president and the foreign minister reviewed common threats from terrorist organizations to include threats to aviation," H.R. McMaster, Trump's national security adviser, who was in the meeting, told the Post. "At no time were any intelligence sources or methods discussed and no military operations were disclosed that were not already known publicly."

"During that exchange, the nature of specific threats were discussed, but they did not discuss sources, methods, or military operations," Tillerson added.

"The president only discussed the common threats that both countries faced," she said.

Moving on....

Trumps team said otherwise? They are so trust worthy! Then lets completely dismiss it! Just like the Russian meddling (which did happen) and climate change and all news except Fox being fake.

Nah. I think i'll wait and see more facts/truth from other parties instead of coming to any conclusion, both vindicating or damning.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

Those US officials that had to publically critique Trump are making the situation worse. What the president said sounds bad if you put a magnifying glass on it. Now that they're making a big story out of it terrorist will examine what Trump said again carefully.

resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 resevl4rlz

so people are saying this is legal.... where does it say in the constitution or bill of rights

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#20 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Never thought impeachment would be possible... but....

BUT HER EMAILS, BUT HER EMAILS, RIGHT RIGHT??? ....

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mattbbpl

@resevl4rlz said:

so people are saying this is legal.... where does it say in the constitution or bill of rights

The president has widespread authority to declassify information at his discretion. From what I understand, it's essentially legal by default although the issue isn't entirely black and white.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Chutebox

@zaryia said:
@Chutebox said:

Sigh...

Moving on....

Trumps team said otherwise? They are so trust worthy! Then lets completely dismiss it! Just like the Russian meddling (which did happen) and climate change and all news except Fox being fake.

Nah. I think i'll wait and see more facts/truth from other parties instead of coming to any conclusion, both vindicating or damning.

there has been zero facts released (according to your standards) yet you're all up in arms.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17689 Posts

@mattbbpl said:
@resevl4rlz said:

The president has widespread authority to declassify information at his discretion. From what I understand, it's essentially legal by default although the issue isn't entirely black and white.

Legality here is largely irrelevant to the issue, prudence is what matters.

This is about compromising national security and at this point it's up in the air, but hell if I'm going to believe a single word this administration says in its defense. They're proven deceivers. It wouldn't surprise me at all to have Trump be so obtuse as to brain-fart something that he doesn't even realize the implications of just by nature of who he is. He's a braggart, and he doesn't think before he speaks. He's been doing it constantly, and it is a grave danger to this nation to place such gravitas and responsibility into the hands of someone so incapable of grasping its significance.

But, Trump supporters will march merrily onward in their delusions, advocating the slow deterioration of the country they actually believe they're bettering.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@Chutebox said:

Sigh...

Moving on....

LOL that bit doesn't dispute anything the Washington Post wrote about. It wasn't methods or sources in dispute, it was the actual content of the intelligence that was allegedly discussed in the meeting with the Russians.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Chutebox

@perfect_blue said:
@Chutebox said:

Sigh...

Moving on....

LOL that bit doesn't dispute anything the Washington Post wrote about. It wasn't methods or sources in dispute, it was the actual content of the intelligence that was allegedly discussed in the meeting with the Russians.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@Chutebox said:

I see you are now being purposely obtuse because your attempt at a "gotcha!" fell flat. How boring.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

From what I gathered, is this talking about the information being passed on about ISIS using laptops and other devices as bombs?

That's what I'm getting from the CNN article.

SystemWars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SystemWars
Member since 2017 • 11 Posts

@n64dd said:

From what I gathered, is this talking about the information being passed on about ISIS using laptops and other devices as bombs?

You mean, fake news article. CNN is fake news. Watch Fox News.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Zaryia

@Chutebox said:
@zaryia said:
@Chutebox said:

Sigh...

Moving on....

there has been zero facts released (according to your standards) yet you're all up in arms.

I'm not up in arms. The WaPo story has me curious, and i'll wait until more information is released to come to a conclusion as Trump's team has proven to be unreliable factually.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@systemwars said:
@n64dd said:

You mean, fake news article. CNN is fake news. Watch Fox News.

oh look, an alt.

Hey @horgen, can we make it so alts can't post until they hit 100 posts?
:D :D

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Chutebox

@zaryia said:
@Chutebox said:
@zaryia said:
@Chutebox said:

Sigh...

Moving on....

I'm not up in arms. The WaPo story has me curious, and i'll wait until more information is released to come to a conclusion as Trump's team has proven to be unreliable factually.

Ok, my apologies. Certain people are up in arms. I'll leave it at that.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Chutebox

@perfect_blue said:
@Chutebox said:

I see you are now being purposely obtuse because your attempt at a "gotcha!" fell flat. How boring.

Ya, that's me...

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mattbbpl

@MirkoS77 said:
@mattbbpl said:
@resevl4rlz said:

Legality here is largely irrelevant to the issue, prudence is what matters.

This is about compromising national security and at this point it's up in the air, but hell if I'm going to believe a single word this administration says in its defense. They're proven deceivers. It wouldn't surprise me at all to have Trump be so obtuse as to brain-fart something that he doesn't even realize the implications of just by nature of who he is. He's a braggart, and he doesn't think before he speaks. He's been doing it constantly, and it is a grave danger to this nation to place such gravitas and responsibility into the hands of someone so incapable of grasping its significance.

But, Trump supporters will march merrily onward in their delusions, advocating the slow deterioration of the country they actually believe they're bettering.

Oh, I agree. I wouldn't have brought it up had I not been specifically addressing another post on legality.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34  Edited By R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

This is an interesting predicament. One one hand the president is able to declassify any information at any point, it is the presidents prerogative -- on the other hand, this is not merely declassifying information, this is sharing top secret information with a long time rival and adversary.

To show how sensitive this information was:

The information the president relayed had been provided by a U.S. partner through an intelligence-sharing arrangement considered so sensitive that details have been withheld from allies and tightly restricted even within the U.S. government, officials said.

Also, John McCain gives us an interesting insight into what should be the Congressional GOP opinion on the president sharing secrets. And then there is Paul Ryan from 2016.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MirkoS77

@mattbbpl: Ah, well it's good we've cleared up our misunderstandings.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By KHAndAnime

Ouch, looks like @LJS9502_basic embarrassed himself again with another fake news story.

From the same news outlet that imagined Russian hackers in our power grids. Not very bright to be taking these guys seriously lmao. I mean, do you guys forget about the constant things WApost gets wrong or do you just wake up the next day and forget it because they share your views on Trump? Or are you really that ignorant and shameless about it?

@zaryia said:
@KHAndAnime said:

Link.

Lol

The fact your have to even ask is hilarious. Are you that ignorant or is your memory really all that short termed? I guess your mind just blocked out all the incredibly embarrassing things about your favorite publications. Sad!

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6960 Posts

Intelligence regarding psychos looking to blow up airliners should be widely shared. Unless of course, you think it is fine for other countries' airliners to be blown up.

Now why don't you tell me what specific information was shared that shouldn't have been shared.... I'll wait while you source your outrage with facts and details. You know, like real details. Not schlock like it is part of a super sensitive intelligence sharing agreement....unlike the non-super sensitive kind.

I am not sure which group is dumber....Trump and his advisers? or the great unwashed anti-Trump masses who will believe any headline they read with zero critical thought?

Meanwhile there is a certain paper which is doing an amazing job of driving traffic.

Bullet_Sponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Bullet_Sponge
Member since 2003 • 3579 Posts

@KHAndAnime: you should start reading the things you post.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By KHAndAnime
@Bullet_Sponge said:

WAPost alleged the President divulged classified info. It's been denied by the Natl Security Adviser McMaster and specifically confirmed the article was fake. It's not very complicated. Are you really that desperate that all you have is to claw into news that's dismissed as fake the same day?

I'm enjoying the beautiful display of denial and cognitive dissonance from fans of the WA Compost.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MirkoS77

@SUD123456 said:

Intelligence regarding psychos looking to blow up airliners should be widely shared. Unless of course, you think it is fine for other countries' airliners to be blown up.

Now why don't you tell me what specific information was shared that shouldn't have been shared.... I'll wait while you source your outrage with facts and details. You know, like real details. Not schlock like it is part of a super sensitive intelligence sharing agreement....unlike the non-super sensitive kind.

I am not sure which group is dumber....Trump and his advisers? or the great unwashed anti-Trump masses who will believe any headline they read with zero critical thought?

Meanwhile there is a certain paper which is doing an amazing job of driving traffic.

Do you know what the problem even is?

It's not about sharing intelligence that there was a plot to blow up airliners with laptop batteries. The Trump administration came out not too long ago to warn the public on this. It's that Trump (if this accusation is to be believed) compromised the manner and general location of the source that's provided this intel. From what I've read it was not anything specifically mentioned but enough to point Russia into the general direction of that source. The articles are also saying that this intelligence was given away without the consent of who gathered it for us, and while Trump's legally within his rights to do that, it's nevertheless a breach of espionage etiquette which holds the potential to anger or scare our asset away from our confidence and compromise their security, which consequently weakens our own.

It fits perfectly with Trump. He probably didn't mean any harm with it if in fact this is what he did, he's just being typical Trump and acting without any thought as to the repercussions prior.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By MirkoS77

@KHAndAnime said:
@Bullet_Sponge said:

WAPost alleged the President divulged classified info. It's been denied by the Natl Security Adviser McMaster and specifically confirmed the article was fake. It's not very complicated. Are you really that desperate that all you have is to claw into news that's dismissed as fake the same day?

I'm enjoying the beautiful display of denial and cognitive dissonance from fans of the WA Compost.

If you can't see the distinction then you're beyond hope.

One is sharing intelligence with Russia, the other is the president not only sharing intelligence but (again, if this is true) hinting as to how we attained it. That we and Russia hold a common desire to destroy ISIS in the sharing of knowledge doesn't mean we expose our methods of procuring it. They are not the same.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14822 Posts

Well, that's that.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

At this point no-one but you are to blame if you give that fool classified information. It's a wonder he didn't tweet it

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#44 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@zaryia said:
@Chutebox said:
@zaryia said:
@Chutebox said:

Sigh...

Moving on....

Holy shit, someone who actually is taking this with a bit of common sense.

I give the same amount of credibility to the Washington Post and it´s anonymous sources as a Kellyann statement. I love the Post´s idea "Anonymous sources current and former wh staff" and it's not like it´s stories have ever been proven wrong cough "Russian hackers penetrated U.S. electricity grid through a utility in Vermont, U.S. officials say" cough.....

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

LOCK HIM UP LOCK HIM UP LOCK HIM UP

lulz

@Chutebox said:

Sigh...

Moving on....

You know, Nixon and his administration said similar things too. Were they true? And what happened again?

lol nothing but bootlickers here.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

@drunk_pi said:

LOCK HIM UP LOCK HIM UP LOCK HIM UP

lulz

@Chutebox said:

Sigh...

Moving on....

You know, Nixon and his administration said similar things too. Were they true? And what happened again?

lol nothing but bootlickers here.

Hold hold up, breaking news bub:

LINK to Donald Trump's twitter

Well obviously it still sounds like fake news since it contradicts the official government story and obviously it's fake news since it's attacking the beloved Donald Trump. I mean, I don't know who this @realdonaldtrump is but he needs to stop attacking the president.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

To expand on Drunk_PI's post above, Trump just contradicted another story from his White House staff.

After the story broke of him sharing intel with the Russians, the National Security Adviser and Deputy National Security Adviser stated that the Washington Post article that broke the story was false, but Trump just admitted via Twitter (no surprise) that the article was indeed true.

Full Story Here

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#48 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

You're comparing apples to oranges

In the first case (the Obama case) the entire instance was a plan between the White House and the State Department to potentially share information, in which all parties involved were aware of the circumstances.

Trump just divulged, laissez-faire style, classified information what was delivered to the US by an ally. As of now, no ancillary parties (such as the State Department, as they were involved in the process in the first article you mentioned) were said to have been aware of the corroboration between the president and Russian officials.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3872 Posts

It came from WAPO you can wipe your butt with it.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

The Trump team needs to coordinate their message a little better. First the classified talks didn't happen. Then it was only kinda classified stuff, then Trump hops on Twitter at 4 am to say he has the right to discuss what he wants with who he wants. Why is Fox only talking about the "fake news" angle here? Trump all but admitted he did it in his tweet.