Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#151 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

@ethic: Apologies for the late reply. Work continues to be a little messy recently, trying to get stuff done before the Lunar New Year when everyone seems to disappear!

India: It is always important to talk about India when one complains about China, because around 45 years ago, both nations were highly impoverished, both with a high population, both were a mess. One of the main reasons why I largely defend the Chinese government is because China could have easily have remained very stagnant for decades, like India.

In my opinion, the Chinese government made some very hard choices and they continue to do so. But they make these decisions for good reasons.

Regarding the National Bureau of Statistics, from my experience of using it, the data includes everything that is possible. For example if you check the data on oil imports, exports, production includes everything private and state.

With reference to its reliability of NBS, collecting data in China is very difficult. There are simply millions of tiny businesses that are simply unregistered, the owners will not pay a penny of tax and it would not be reflected in Macro figures. A great example of this are spring onions. Spring onions are in everything in Chinese food, but yet there are actually only a handful of producers. So where do they all come from? Every farmer grows a little and they sell it, but its never accounted.

• You agree with me that China is a capitalistic country which isn't run by it's people, therefore decisions are not made ina democratic way?
  • (Capitalism and Democracy are not mutually exclusive. No country is any of these extremes).
  • You think that the social credit system is fair?
  • (Yes, i believe this will spread to other nations just like credit scoring. According to a sociologist I met, the basis for the social credit system is a method for people to earn a living in the future. The Chinese government believes in the near future there will be mass unemployment in China (i do too). Hence, your social credit score will determine the amount of funds you receive. Eventually, you will get points for being nice, you will be able to give points to a person for helping the elderly cross the street. The nicer you are, the more ways you benefit society will lead to more earnings. The Social Credit System is now just at its infancy, it will develop over time).
  • What about oppressed minorities like the Uigurs I mentioned? Just because minorities are oppressed in other countries you can't say we should close our eyes on this. I take the Uigurs as an example because this discussion is a very recent topic.
  • (They're not repressed. Uyghurs are the only ethnic group in China causing terrorism. Hundreds of Chinese people have died from terrorist acts including, bombs, kidnappings, arson, driving into crowds....). You need to read up about Affirmative Action in China (i wrote about this above).
  • What about Hong Kongs autonomy and the way their representatives are elected? Since the Election Comitee is mainly dominated by Beijing, can you truly say that this is an independent region? Shouldn't they have the right to exit the "Two Country, One System" solution?
  • (HK is not a country. It is a Special Administrative Region and this will end on 1 July 2047. It is One Country Two Systems not Two Country One System. No it is not an independent region and it should not be simply because it would not survive).

Some facts about Hong Kong:

- Over 90% of the food comes from China

- Over 75% of its water comes from China

- Over 50% of its gas and electricity comes from China

- There is no army in HK, it completely relies on China

- There is no real currency in HK, the HK Dollar is actually pegged to the USD, therefore HK doesn't even have a central bank.

- The largest employment sector in HK is retail and over 1/3 of this sector depends on tourists from the Mainland.

- The second-largest employment sector in HK is professional and financial services. Arguably around 50% of it

is due to HK being the "gateway into China," or it is specifically tailored to China's needs.

+++ Therefore I do not support the protests in HK nor do I support HK becoming an independent state. If HK did force independence then China rightly should cut ties with the region because they would have annexed Chinese territory. If that should happen then HK will run out of food, water, electricity, gas and have no military for protection. The HK economy will collapse (since it would not be a gateway in China).

House prices will also collapse in HK and this will wipe out over 1/3 of the citys' wealth.

The HK Dollar would also collapse and the foreign reserves saved up by HK will be depleted quickly. (Black Wednesday). The Chinese government actually keeps a reserve in HK it is 7x M2 Money supply for HK to use to fight of any speculation. +++

+Sadly those people protesting on the streets of HK, burning down buildings, setting fire to residents and etc... do not understand any of the above+

SBan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#152 SBan83
Member since 2019 • 119 Posts

Doesn't seem like a troll post as OP is member since 2015 and has many posts, but still a very daft question. Have you been living under a rock or do you not know of China's brutal, totalitarian regime that violates human rights on a regular basis? Controlling what information you can see, what you can say, etc.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#153 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 16017 Posts

I think as person of the free world, China can give a unique experience unlike anything else but I rather have my freedom no matter how fake. Worked in southeast asia specifically Singapore, Indonesia and Malaysia and many there dislike the outlook of China looming over them. So much that even chinese population there dislike China!

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#154  Edited By Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26114 Posts

@kadin_kai said:

@Willy105: The western method to combat terrorism has been so effective hasn't it. "Kill everyone!"

Since 1 July 1997, there are laws preventing illegal assembly. If you want to protest, sure apply for a time and a place. If you exceed the area or the time, it is illegal. Obviously you did not know this!

What the west has done is irrelevant, we are talking about China. If you cannot defend China's actions, then just say it.

Also, to reiterate, the protestors did do everything legally, until it became illegal.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Kadin_Kai

@sban83: No I have not been living under a rock. I travel around quite a lot, I spend about half my time in China.

I’ve lived and worked in the west and in Asia.

My views are based on what I have learned about China, living here, working here, talking to ordinary citizens, local and central governments.

joyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#156 joyo
Member since 2019 • 1 Posts

Because nowadays every company in the world outsources to China, when it's better to outsource to Europe instead https://hireukrainiandevelopers.com/blog/outsourcing-to-eastern-europe. I hate them for stealing the potential of the other countries.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Kadin_Kai

@joyo: You cannot blame China for this. Every company that outsources makes economic and financial decisions. It is the companies that decide to produce or manufacture in a China rather than another country.

You mentioned The Ukraine. These two nations are simply incomparable. The Ukraine has been economically and politically unstable for decades.

It is also heavily in debt and caught between Russia, the US and the European Union who are all playing political games where The Ukraine is simply a pawn.

The Ukraine also lacks the infrastructure and technological capabilities of China. There is no equivalent to Huawei, Xiaomi, Tencent, Alibaba, Taobao, Gree, BYD just to name a few.

Ukraine doesn’t have its space programme, it’s nuclear engineers, it’s high speed railways and etc

The Ukraine and China are simply competing in entirely different markets. Moreover, since when has China attempted to hinder the development of The Ukraine?

gootall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#158 gootall
Member since 2019 • 10 Posts

Even if Huawei is banned it can still operate with smaller companies to build up their 5G network. My company is still going forward with using Huawei to upgrade our telecommunications.