Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

BBC

The US Supreme Court has ruled against US President Donald Trump's bid to end a programme that protects hundreds of thousands of young immigrants from deportation.

The justices upheld lower court rulings which found his move to rescind the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (Daca) programme was "unlawful".

The policy protects undocumented youths, dubbed "Dreamers".

The Trump administration has sought to end the Obama-era policy since 2017.

The Supreme Court took up the case after lower courts ruled that the administration did not adequately explain why it was ending the programme, criticising the White House's "capricious" explanations.

The ruling, which does not prevent the Trump administration from continuing in its efforts to end the programme, affects an estimated 700,000 young people who entered the US without documents as children.

What is Daca?

Most of the children protected by the Daca programme are from Mexico and other Latin American countries.

A 2012 executive order, created by former President Barack Obama, shields these so-called "Dreamers" from deportation, and provides work and study permits.

President Obama signed the order following failed negotiations for immigration reform on Capitol Hill.

In order to qualify for Daca, applicants under the age of 30 are required to submit personal information to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), including addresses and phone numbers.

They must go through an FBI background check and have a clean criminal background, and either be in school, recently graduated or have been honourably discharged from the military.

In exchange, the US government agrees to "defer" any action on their immigration status for a period of two years.

It is only available to individuals residing in the US since 2007.

I have one suitable theme to play for this:

But alas, the battle will continue.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Damn some of these right wingers REALLY only want these people gone due to their skin color, because I can't imagine why you would want normalized people who are essentially American and know no other country gone. Especially when none of it was their fault. This entire issue confirms my thoughts on that.

By the way,

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Zaryia

You gotta be kidding me, rofl:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1273634152433188865?s=20

marleygamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 marleygamer
Member since 2020 • 132 Posts

DREAMER$=COOL

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Zaryia

@marleygamer said:

DREAMER$=COOL

Cooler than Trumpers, agreed. But who isn't?

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

What a shocker. Trump is tossing around the 2nd Amendment scare after this ruling.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#7 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@nintendoboy16:

Okay, so....I'm kinda at a loss. Does this mean it's over or does the fight continue?

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@zaryia said:

Damn some of these right wingers REALLY only want these people gone due to their skin color, because I can't imagine why you would want normalized people who are essentially American and know no other country gone. Especially when none of it was their fault. This entire issue confirms my thoughts on that.

By the way,

I think it's more over the fact that they're here illegally. Not everything is about race like you want it to be.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

When you rig the Supreme Court and still lose cases.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Zaryia

@n64dd said:
@zaryia said:

By the way,

I think it's more over the fact that they're here illegally. Not everything is about race like you want it to be.

Not everything is about people being arm-chair lawyers like you want it to be. Many of them actually are racist or have ill intent.

When someone praises Joe Arpaio and calls those legal rulings false, but then wants an all American DACA deported and calls those legal ruling false, I know what that is. You know what that is.

So I call bullshit on that. It's not their fault, they were brought as kids. And US is the only country they know. Some would die within months if deported. Most of them are completely normalized, you wouldn't know they were anything but an American. Probably why next to no one agrees with you guys, it's a pretty nasty position.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23033 Posts

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@nintendoboy16:

Okay, so....I'm kinda at a loss. Does this mean it's over or does the fight continue?

It's over for now. The court said it can refile with better rationale if they have any.

Beyond that, there's always the ability to craft new legislation to overturn it.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

I believe someone called the lower court ruling for the "popular move" or something similar. Wonder what he would say now.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 N64DD

@zaryia: it’s against immigrants not a single

Race. Don’t know how you can say that is racist. Is mexico’s racial makeup even close to being 100 percent hispanic?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56108 Posts

Its one of those things where once it is put in place and gets set in stone, its very hard to just "take it back" or just delete it with the backspace button. So now that the SCotUS deemed that Trump's Administration broke Federal Law, what are they going to do about it? Have the FBI arrest some people in the Administration?

Either way, not a good week for President Trump.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Zaryia

@n64dd said:

I'm telling you why many people on the right want Dreamers deported.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 N64DD

@zaryia said:
@n64dd said:

You're telling me what you believe, not what is actually happening.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Good to hear. I'm glad there is some positive news this week from SC rulings. We're protecting children of immigrants and the LGBTQ community, both of which, are routinely attacked for reasons that are outside of their control.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc
deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc
Member since 2020 • 2126 Posts

Even with a rugged Supreme Court he can’t win. I guess those riots are doing something.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 horgen  Moderator

Isn’t the ruling simply that he didn’t do it the correct way?

Shantmaster_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#20 Shantmaster_K
Member since 2008 • 1790 Posts

Thank you SCOTUS. Two great rulings back to back.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Zaryia

@n64dd said:
@zaryia said:
@n64dd said:

Yes, just like you have your own twisted beliefs that there is not some racism involved on right wing immigration ideology (Stephen Miller's past remarks prove you are incorrect). Mine are estimated based off of facts. Considering the Unite the Right rally and hate group studies, suggesting there are no racism involved in some right wing ideology (specifically this anti-DACA thing) is absurd and statistically unlikely. Forget the fact you have actual hate group social media saying so.....

And like I said, if it isn't racism it's just plain old nastiness. Wanting someone who is basically American kicked out due to something that isn't their fault to a place they know nothing about and wouldn't last long is some ice cold shit.

Fortunately most Americans are neither mean old bitter shits or racist:

74 Percent of Americans Support Legal Status For DACA Dreamers, Poll Finds

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 N64DD

@zaryia said:
@n64dd said:
@zaryia said:
@n64dd said:

Yes, just like you have your own twisted beliefs that there is not some racism involved on right wing immigration ideology (Stephen Miller's past remarks prove you are incorrect). Mine are estimated based off of facts. Considering the Unite the Right rally and hate group studies, suggesting there are no racism involved in some right wing ideology (specifically this anti-DACA thing) is absurd and statistically unlikely.

And like I said, if it isn't racism it's just plain old nastiness. Wanting someone who is basically American kicked out due to something that isn't their fault to a place they know nothing about and wouldn't last long is some ice cold shit. These same people all of a sudden saying laws mean nothing for men like Joe Arpaio makes it clear whats going on here.

There is a reason for this:

74 Percent of Americans Support Legal Status For DACA Dreamers, Poll Finds

Polls aren't facts you knob.

Also, It's the parents faults not America's fault they're getitng booted for trying to exploit laws. Stop playing the victim card. It's stupid.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Zaryia

@n64dd said:

Polls aren't facts you knob.

I never said polls were fact, don't be such a Trump voter with the bad reading skills.

But my first post is still statistically likely, as I said some. Obviously not all GOP are racist, c'mon man.

@n64dd said:

Also, It's the parents faults

Yes, not the kids fault. I'm glad you finally get it and agree with most Americans (and Legal Experts, who agree with me and will make sure they go nowhere). They grew up here and have lives here, they are completely normalized now. Removing them at this point for something they didn't do would be cruel, which is 74%+ of Americans disagree with your opinion on this.

@n64dd said:

Stop playing the victim card. It's stupid.

Stop being so bitter about these regular Americanized people who know no other country not getting kicked out. It's sad and everyone is against you on it.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178846 Posts

Good. Was terrible to want to remove people who knew no other country.

MamWomen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MamWomen
Member since 2020 • 135 Posts

Lol, he's crying on Twitter the supreme court hates him. Snowflake. Of course they do, you're crazy as hell.

MamWomen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MamWomen
Member since 2020 • 135 Posts
@horgen said:

Yeah, but it's too late. Roberts has pretty much become a liberal. He's consistently voted the past 6 years as clear liberal as can be - plus being a Bush appointee he's definitely not a fan of Trump. Right now as I see it the supreme court is 4 liberal and 3 conservatives, with 2 moderates - 1 leaning left (being Roberts) and 1 leaning right (Gorsech).

I say this because any further issue of DACA will turn out the same way, a 5-4 vote.

Also abortion issues seem to be getting also support from at least Gorsech and 1 conservative (Planned Parenthood ruling this year).

In other words, Trump is screwed with this court despite his best effort. The only hope conservatives have is that Trump wins, if he loses Ruth will retire and maybe Roberts stacking the courts with progressives for the next 10-20 years. Ouch.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58309 Posts

I think we've entered the era of universal "Trump sucks". It's not just liberals saying it any more.

Election coming up, GOP thinking Trump isn't worth it any more.

@zaryia said:

You gotta be kidding me, rofl:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1273634152433188865?s=20

lol. Trump thinking the SC should have party loyalty. That's rich.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

Can’t help but feel this ruling was made just as much to protect the impartiality and uphold the apolitical integrity of the court’s reputation as much as it was predicated upon the merits of the jurisprudence itself.

Either way, I can’t say I disagree with the ruling. Just have to wonder how much these partisan times are influencing these outcomes. Roberts has spoken on his concerns of the court’s perceived ideological bias, and he was the deciding vote.

Enjoy the L, Donny. 😂 This has been a good month.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

I now see what Trump meant about us getting tired of winning.

Trump just keeps losing trying to get his unpopular agenda through, and americans keep winning when his agenda keeps getting pushed back.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 horgen  Moderator

@mamwomen said:
@horgen said:

Yeah, but it's too late. Roberts has pretty much become a liberal. He's consistently voted the past 6 years as clear liberal as can be - plus being a Bush appointee he's definitely not a fan of Trump. Right now as I see it the supreme court is 4 liberal and 3 conservatives, with 2 moderates - 1 leaning left (being Roberts) and 1 leaning right (Gorsech).

I say this because any further issue of DACA will turn out the same way, a 5-4 vote.

Also abortion issues seem to be getting also support from at least Gorsech and 1 conservative (Planned Parenthood ruling this year).

In other words, Trump is screwed with this court despite his best effort. The only hope conservatives have is that Trump wins, if he loses Ruth will retire and maybe Roberts stacking the courts with progressives for the next 10-20 years. Ouch.

Or maybe SC won't let Trump get away with everything.