Trump takes London Mayor out of context. Looks like an idiot (again).

• 54 results
Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jun/04/trump-berates-london-mayor-sadiq-khan-terror-attacks

The Tweet:

“At least 7 dead and 48 wounded in terror attack,” the president wrote on his personal Twitter account, “and Mayor of London says there is ‘no reason to be alarmed!’”

The full context:

“There can be no justification for the acts of these terrorists and I am quite clear that we will never let them win.

“My message to Londoners and visitors to our great city is to be calm and vigilant today. You will see an increased police presence today, including armed officers and uniformed officers. There is no reason to be alarmed by this.

Update:

Trump doubles down on this........What The ****.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-sadiq-khan-london-attack-terror-tweets-pathetic-excuse-msm-no-reason-to-be-alarmed-a7773766.html

"Pathetic excuse by London Mayor Sadiq Khan who had to think fast on his 'no reason to be alarmed' statement," Trump tweeted. "MSM is working hard to sell it!"

This man has serious mental issues. He thinks this is a MSM ploy by simply stating the fact that he took the statement out of context.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23051 Posts

"Looks like an idiot, again."

I fear that's giving him too much credit. This looks willfully manipulated for political gain.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@zaryia said:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jun/04/trump-berates-london-mayor-sadiq-khan-terror-attacks

The Tweet:

“At least 7 dead and 48 wounded in terror attack,” the president wrote on his personal Twitter account, “and Mayor of London says there is ‘no reason to be alarmed!’”

The full context:

“There can be no justification for the acts of these terrorists and I am quite clear that we will never let them win.

“My message to Londoners and visitors to our great city is to be calm and vigilant today. You will see an increased police presence today, including armed officers and uniformed officers. There is no reason to be alarmed by this.

It's a little late with temporary "more armed officers and uniformed officers".

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Zaryia

@ronvalencia said:
@zaryia said:

The Tweet:

The full context:

Off-topic.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17689 Posts

@zaryia said:

The Tweet:

The full context:

Of course. Trump's going to use every opportunity to instill fear, as throughout history fear has been harnessed to manipulate the public. Trump's no exception. I'm sure he would absolutely love to see a major terrorist attack on U.S. soil like 9/11.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

The US had to do a lot to repair its image after W Bush, I can't imagine what it will take after Trump is gone.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22413 Posts

The guy's a complete imbecile, we know... the scary thing is that nothing he says or does surprises me anymore.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#8 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

"Looks like an idiot, again."

I fear that's giving him too much credit. This looks willfully manipulated for political gain.

Now you're being ridiculous; as must of a sack of shit Trump may be he would never use the loss of lives as leverage for political gain.

Nevermind...

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178865 Posts

Again? He is always an idiot.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Zaryia

Update: Trump doubles down on this........What The ****.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-sadiq-khan-london-attack-terror-tweets-pathetic-excuse-msm-no-reason-to-be-alarmed-a7773766.html

"Pathetic excuse by London Mayor Sadiq Khan who had to think fast on his 'no reason to be alarmed' statement," Trump tweeted. "MSM is working hard to sell it!"

This man has serious mental issues. He thinks this is a MSM ploy by simply stating the fact that he took the statement out of context.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Zaryia

He appears to be confused about what happened in part because Fox News repeated the same short quote but without the full remarks from the mayor of London.

Oh lord.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38686 Posts

and the frothing trump supporters eat it up.

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

I don't like Sadiq for some of his prior statements but he was taken out of context. He was saying to not be alarmed by increased police presence.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44481 Posts

Good lord someone close this idiot's Twitter account already. Wow.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14823 Posts
@Archangel3371 said:

Good lord someone close this idiot's Twitter account already. Wow.

The entertainment though...

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44481 Posts

@SOedipus: That is true plus I guess it just reveals what kind of person he is.

tattooedlady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17 tattooedlady
Member since 2017 • 11 Posts

Am the only one who's far more concerned with the disturbing statements Sadiq Khan has made in the past regarding terrorism than I am Trump's honest, harmless mistake.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

Trump is right.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@tattooedlady said:

Am the only one who's far more concerned with the disturbing statements Sadiq Khan has made in the past regarding terrorism than I am Trump's honest, harmless mistake.

Are you trolling? There's no way you can see what Trump said as a "honest, harmless mistake."

He intentionally lied to make someone look bad and raise his own popularity. How is that honest?

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

How can someone look like something he already is ?

Elpresador-911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Elpresador-911
Member since 2013 • 1096 Posts

The UK is so cucked they elected a sharia law sympathizing Muslim to be Mayor of their biggest city lmaoo. Glad Im American and I live in the great state of Alabama ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@raugutcon said:

How can someone look like something he already is ?

Because in this specific situation he dd nothing wrong. I'm not a fan of Khan, but not liking someone isn't an excuse to slander them. There's never an excuse for intentionally spreading misinformation about someone no matter how much of a pillock they are.

Why do you people struggle so much understanding that simple concept?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#23 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@toast_burner said:
@tattooedlady said:

Are you trolling? There's no way you can see what Trump said as a "honest, harmless mistake."

He intentionally lied to make someone look bad and raise his own popularity. How is that honest?

Sadiq Khan don't exactly need help in looking bad.

His views on terrorism is well known around the world and you could question his priorities. particular is seemingly relaxed attitude

Bullet_Sponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Bullet_Sponge
Member since 2003 • 3579 Posts

What are his views on terrorism? The almighty Google responded with a bazillion links to his feud with Trump (seriously Khan, don't beef down), and a couple hardly surprising Snopes articles. Enlighten those of us who don't follow British politics very closely!

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Zaryia

@Bullet_Sponge said:

What are his views on terrorism? The almighty Google responded with a bazillion links to his feud with Trump (seriously Khan, don't beef down), and a couple hardly surprising Snopes articles. Enlighten those of us who don't follow British politics very closely!

Why are pretending to play this game with them. You and I know exactly why they don't like Khan. C'mon.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@elpresador-911 said:

The UK is so cucked they elected a sharia law sympathizing Muslim to be Mayor of their biggest city lmaoo. Glad Im American and I live in the great state of Alabama ?

lol great post.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56354 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:
@zaryia said:

The Tweet:

The full context:

Of course. Trump's going to use every opportunity to instill fear, as throughout history fear has been harnessed to manipulate the public. Trump's no exception. I'm sure he would absolutely love to see a major terrorist attack on U.S. soil like 9/11.

And that's exactly what's he's doing, trying to stir up something bigger then 9/11.

Wishful thinking but he needs to stop talking out of his ass and leave Twitter alone.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58484 Posts

@davillain- said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@zaryia said:

The Tweet:

The full context:

And that's exactly what's he's doing, trying to stir up something bigger then 9/11.

Wishful thinking but he needs to stop talking out of his ass and leave Twitter alone.

he's trying to shit-talk his way into a war so he can get his second term, I think.

Yes, I'm serious.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ronvalencia

@zaryia said:
@ronvalencia said:
@zaryia said:

The Tweet:

The full context:

Off-topic.

It's on-topic. My comment was for Mayor of London i.e. it's a little late with temporary "more armed officers and uniformed officers". UK's unarmed police officers are a joke i.e. a gun >>>>> knife > baton

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Zaryia

@ronvalencia said:
@zaryia said:
@ronvalencia said:
@zaryia said:

The Tweet:

The full context:

Off-topic.

It's on-topic. My comment was for Mayor of London i.e. it's a little late with temporary "more armed officers and uniformed officers".

Completely off topic as it deals with trump and the tweet and what the mayor said.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ronvalencia

@hrt_rulz01 said:

The guy's a complete imbecile, we know... the scary thing is that nothing he says or does surprises me anymore.

Melbourne has it's own terrorist attack.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/intercultural-group-leader-calls-on-muslims-to-examine-themselves-in-age-of-terror/news-story/40d3b172cb2da267d61ad7b0ceb38913

MELBOURNE’S Lord Mayor has called for Muslims to report suspicious behaviour and individuals in the wake of the Brighton terror attack.

The Lord Mayor’s comments came as a prominent Melbourne Muslim challenged the Islamic community to hold “a mirror to ourselves” in the era of terrorism.

The response is different from Mayor of London. Prominent Australian Muslim calls for "a mirror to ourselves".

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Zaryia

@ronvalencia said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/intercultural-group-leader-calls-on-muslims-to-examine-themselves-in-age-of-terror/news-story/40d3b172cb2da267d61ad7b0ceb38913

MELBOURNE’S Lord Mayor has called for Muslims to report suspicious behaviour and individuals in the wake of the Brighton terror attack.

The Lord Mayor’s comments came as a prominent Melbourne Muslim challenged the Islamic community to hold “a mirror to ourselves” in the era of terrorism.

The response is different from Mayor of London. Prominent Australian Muslim calls for "a mirror to ourselves".

Are you not willing to say the president took the tweet out of context or not?

You can't be THAT much of a wingnut....or can you?

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ronvalencia

@zaryia said:
@ronvalencia said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Are you not willing to say the president took the tweet out of context or not?

Prominent Australia Muslim's response is for holding "a mirror to ourselves"(Muslim community) which is different to Mayor of London's do nothing attitude.

@zaryia said:

What's this? Ok, I'm game for personal attacks. You want a war, I'll give you a war. The only wingnut is you.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Zaryia

@ronvalencia said:

Prominent Australia Muslim's response is for holding "a mirror to ourselves"(Muslim community) which is different to Mayor of London's do nothing attitude.

@zaryia said:

What's this? Ok, I'm game for personal attacks. You want a war, I'll give you a war. The only wingnut is you.

What does this have to do with Trumps tweet.....

Please tell me, was Trump's tweet on the London mayor out of context or not.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ronvalencia

@zaryia said:
@ronvalencia said:

@zaryia said:

What does this have to do with Trumps tweet.....

Please tell me, was Trump's tweet on the London mayor out of context or not.

Trump was expecting a response like prominent Australian Muslim's call for holding "a mirror to ourselves"(Muslim community) not another "do nothing" attitude.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Zaryia

@ronvalencia said:

Trump was expecting a response like prominent Australian Muslim's call for holding "a mirror to ourselves"(Muslim community) not another "do nothing" attitude.

So he took it out of context on purpose?

lol? Oh lord this is getting better and better.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ronvalencia

@zaryia said:
@ronvalencia said:

It's simple, Trump dislikes Mayor of London's do nothing attitude.

Bullet_Sponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Bullet_Sponge

@ronvalencia: I've now read the Wikipedia page on Sadiq Khan, which in terms of GS's Political Forums, makes me an expert. Anyways, it mentions that in his 2008 book, he "also said that British Muslims had their own part to play in reconnecting with politicians, arguing that they needed to rid themselves of a victim mentality and take greater responsibility for their own community." He seems quite progressive in terms of social issues, so I can see why Goppers would be critical of him: doesn't appear to fit the Islamophobia narrative.

I don't live in the Middle East anymore, but when I did, the thought that my Muslim colleagues should publicly denounce terrorism was just unbelievable. They in no way supported that crap, and it was, quite frankly, below them to cater to the whims of ignorance and respond.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@ronvalencia said:
@zaryia said:
@ronvalencia said:

And why does that make it ok to spread fake news?

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ronvalencia

@toast_burner said:
@ronvalencia said:
@zaryia said:
@ronvalencia said:

What's fake with Trump's dislikes with Mayor of London's "do nothing" attitude?

The other Muslims has a different response from Mayor of London.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#41 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

That's ok. Shadiq is already a home grown idiot.

DrRollinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DrRollinstein
Member since 2016 • 1163 Posts

Yeah I dont like Trump at all but the mayor of London isn't exactly better. He's just extreme on the other end of the spectrum.

Nice knowing ya London. Say hello to Sweden for us.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Zaryia

@ronvalencia said:

Party over semantics.

He took the mayors words out of context.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@ronvalencia said:
@toast_burner said:
@ronvalencia said:
@zaryia said:

Whats fake is that he clearly said for people to not be alarmed by seeing armed police patrolling the streets, not that you shouldn't be alarmed by terrorist attacks.

In the UK its not too common to see armed police, so if you see one on the train you may think "oh shit somethings going down!" What Khan is saying is that if you do see armed police where you wouldn't normally see them, its not because something is currently happening but just for extra security i.e no reason to be alarmed.

You seem to have fallen victim to Trump's fake news.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

No he was right on the money, especially given that a UK take over by Islam is something Khan wants to see.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Zaryia

@WilliamRLBaker said:

No he was right on the money, especially given that a UK take over by Islam is something Khan wants to see.

Lmao what.....

IRL Brainwashing.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ronvalencia

@toast_burner said:
@ronvalencia said:
@toast_burner said:
@ronvalencia said:

Whats fake is that he clearly said for people to not be alarmed by seeing armed police patrolling the streets, not that you shouldn't be alarmed by terrorist attacks.

In the UK its not too common to see armed police, so if you see one on the train you may think "oh shit somethings going down!" What Khan is saying is that if you do see armed police where you wouldn't normally see them, its not because something is currently happening but just for extra security i.e no reason to be alarmed.

Again, the other Muslims in other counties has different response from Mayor of London.

"Increased police presence today, including armed officers and uniformed officers" are not terrorist and they shouldn't be blamed for causing "alarmed" citizens. You are shifting the blame from terrorist to "police presence today, including armed officers and uniformed officers".

You seem to have fallen victim to generating fake news.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#48 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@zaryia said:
@ronvalencia said:

Party over semantics.

And who cares? you are yourself arguing semantics here.

It´s a well known fact that the mayor has a pretty carefree attitude towards terror.

So Trump or no Trump , the facts are still there.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@ronvalencia said:
@toast_burner said:

Again, the other Muslims in other counties has different response from Mayor of London.

"Increased police presence today, including armed officers and uniformed officers" are not terrorist and they shouldn't be blamed for causing "alarmed" citizens. You are shifting the blame from terrorist to "police presence today, including armed officers and uniformed officers".

You seem to have fallen victim to generating fake news.

Do you seriously not know what the word "alarmed" means?

I already explained why seeing an armed police officer might cause alarm, it's because usually in the UK you won't see one outside of certain areas unless there is something bad happening (happening as in ongoing, not in the past, in case you also don't know what happening means)

So by don't be alarmed he means "If you see an armed police officer on the street today, it doesn't mean that he's hunting a terrorist who's on the loose and you should immediately turn back and seek shelter, he's just on the beat"

You are clearly a very easily manipulated person. You really need to stay a way from fake news.

Bullet_Sponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Bullet_Sponge

@Jacanuk said:
@zaryia said:
@ronvalencia said:

Party over semantics.

And who cares? you are yourself arguing semantics here.

It´s a well known fact that the mayor has a pretty carefree attitude towards terror.

So Trump or no Trump , the facts are still there.

I guess I must plead ignorance, but what are some of these facts that, even though they are well known, seem to have escaped me?