Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 VirusVaccine21
Member since 2020 • 748 Posts

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52817097.If

There have been violent clashes between police and protesters in the US city of Minneapolis following the death of an unarmed black man in police custody.

Police fired tear gas and protesters threw rocks and sprayed graffiti on police cars.

Video of the death shows George Floyd, 46, groaning "I can't breathe" as a policeman kneels on his neck.

Four police officers have been fired, with the mayor saying that being black "should not be a death sentence".

• Viewpoint: Why racism is worse in the US than Europe
  • Woman sacked after calling police on black man

The incident echoes the case of Eric Garner, who was placed in a police chokehold in New York in 2014. His death became a rallying call against police brutality and was a driving force in the Black Lives Matter movement.

What happened at the protests?

They began in the afternoon on Tuesday, when hundreds of people came to the intersection where the incident had taken place on Monday evening.

Organisers tried to keep the protest peaceful and maintain coronavirus social distancing, with demonstrators chanting "I can't breathe," and "It could've been me".

Protester Anita Murray told the Washington Post: "It's scary to come down here in the middle of the pandemic, but how could I stay away?"

A crowd of hundreds later marched to the 3rd Precinct, where the officers involved in the death are thought to have worked.

Squad cars were sprayed with graffiti and protesters threw stones at the police building. Police fired tear gas, flash grenades and foam projectiles.

One protester told CBS: "It's real ugly. The police have to understand that this is the climate they have created."

Another said: "I got on my knees and I put up a peace sign and they tear-gassed me."

Police said one person had suffered non-life-threatening injuries after being shot away from the protest area but gave no further details.

What happened to George Floyd?

Officers responding to reports of the use of counterfeit money had approached Mr Floyd in his vehicle.

According to police he was told to step away from the vehicle and physically resisted officers.

VirusVaccine21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 VirusVaccine21

Honestly, this guy deserves life behind bars. It's a disgusting act.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

I watched a man die in real-time. These cops blatantly killed a man and need to be charged/arrested.

VirusVaccine21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 VirusVaccine21

@HoolaHoopMan said:

I watched a man die in real-time. These cops blatantly killed a man and need to be charged/arrested.

Honestly, I couldn't see the video until the end. It was way too graphic.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 HoolaHoopMan

@virusvaccine21 said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

Honestly, I couldn't see the video until the end. It was way too graphic.

Used to live a quarter mile from the area. Surreal to see this happen in my old neighborhood. I can't possibly see how this is justifiable. But I'm sure some people will find a way.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#6 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49596 Posts

Hoping they release the full ICC and body cam footage to provide more context. The only time you would apply pressure to the neck is in a carotid control hold... Certainly not with your knee though. At face value, appears grossly negligent.

Not sure how rioting/looting and acting with violence against your community will help the issue though. Hopefully they can charge as many as possible.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Such a shame, but cops kill more whites on average. Where’s that riot?

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

horrible, im glad all involved were fired. FBI currently investigating, hope justice is served

FYI tho that picture of that guy in the red hat IS NOT THE OFFICER.

What the officer did was horrible tho.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1679 Posts

@Sevenizz said:

Get out there and start it, you lazy bum!

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@heathen75 said:
@Sevenizz said:

Destroyed.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58530 Posts

If there is ever a time to riot, it's when those charged with protecting the public abuse their power and kills someone.

Seems like an easy thing to get wrong, training or no training, in the heat of the moment I don't imagine a lot of folks would check to make sure they are doing the proper, safer control hold instead of the oft-lethal choke hold. I know absolutely nothing about self-defense, however, so take that with a grain of salt.

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Hoping they release the full ICC and body cam footage to provide more context. The only time you would apply pressure to the neck is in a carotid control hold... Certainly not with your knee though. At face value, appears grossly negligent.

Not sure how rioting/looting and acting with violence against your community will help the issue though. Hopefully they can charge as many as possible.

Rioting brings notice to an issue. Landlords have stakes in those properties, landlords that are generally wealthy and also have input into politics. If you own a block of property that's getting destroyed, chances are you're going to call up the mayor and demand they apologize or take action against the offending officers in order to get things quiet again.

It's not entirely self-destructive, just a little bit.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

This is not going to be pretty.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jeezers

Found his name, guy wearing that hat in the photo is jonathon riches, ex convict online troll, not any of the officers involved.

Btw not making excuses for the cops, they fucked up royally imo and I hope they are punished for what they did. The other cops watching should have put a stop to that shit as well.

narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14 narlymech
Member since 2009 • 2132 Posts

Surely they didn't need to do that. I don't imagine thats part of police training.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7035 Posts

@virusvaccine21 said:

Wrong. He deserves someone pinning him down, with a knee to the back of his neck, and not stopping when he begs for it to stop.

VirusVaccine21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By VirusVaccine21

@Solaryellow said:
@virusvaccine21 said:

Wrong. He deserves someone pinning him down, with a knee to the back of his neck, and not stopping when he begs for it to stop.

In my heart, this is something we can be agree on. But I'm mixed with the death penalty/revenge killing. Although in this case, I'm really kind wishing for it.

What's worse is that according to the news, someone called the cops on him because he was forging a check. IF it did happen, we don't know, that's insane for him to be murdered that way.

The video clearly shows he was not fighting back and was pleading for them to stop because he couldn't breathe, jesus you have 4 cops on him. He's not going anywhere.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7035 Posts

Strangling someone is very personal. You know exactly what you are doing and you know how long it is taking. What the cop did was not a split second error. It was prolonged and intended. I can understand why people say this is one of the worst ways to go.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jeezers

@zaryia said:
@heathen75 said:
@Sevenizz said:

Destroyed.

That's true, but it doesn't justify any police brutality no matter what race the victim was.

The U.S has had a rising police state over the years and i don't like it. Excessive force is all to common and we shouldn't be arming our police force with military equipment, there's nothing worse than watching our police force go after its own citizens in a friggin MRAPS. Not to mention all to many times when big protests and riots happen you see police straight up aiming at citizens while barking orders. This kind of action is shunned by our military for the most part. You are taught you don't aim at people unless you plan to kill.

I do honestly wish more people protested for victims of police killings when they aren't black.. its fucked up no matter what race the victim is. BLM kind of fucked up a chance for a universal movement to crack down on the rising police state. It just kinda sucks that something that could have been for all people turned into a racial movement for specific cases.

We only see people gather together when the victim is black. I bet most people here never heard of a guy named Duncan Lemp. His girlfriend and himself were shot by police while sleeping in their house, cops shot through the house from outside while they were asleep, Duncan was killed and his girlfriend wounded. This was soon after the red flag laws passed in Maryland. Apparently someone called one in on him, suspecting him of having a gun. so they shot him through the house while he was asleep. Media didn't say much, poor bastard just wasn't dark enough.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/lawyer-man-asleep-police-fired-house-killing-69587748

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23063 Posts

@jeezers said:
@zaryia said:
@heathen75 said:
@Sevenizz said:

Destroyed.

That's true, but it doesn't justify any police brutality no matter what race the victim was.

The U.S has had a rising police state over the years and i don't like it. Excessive force is all to common and we shouldn't be arming our police force with military equipment, there's nothing worse than watching our police force go after its own citizens in a friggin MRAPS. Not to mention all to many times when big protests and riots happen you see police straight up aiming at citizens while barking orders. This kind of action is shunned by our military for the most part. You are taught you don't aim at people unless you plan to kill.

I do honestly wish more people protested for victims of police killings when they aren't black.. its fucked up no matter what race the victim is. BLM kind of fucked up a chance of a universal movement to crack down on the rising police state. It just kinda sucks that something that could have been for all people turned into a racial movement for specific cases.

We only see people gather together when the victim is black. I bet most people here never heard of a guy named Duncan Lemp. His girlfriend and himself were shot by police while sleeping in their house, cops shot through the house from outside while they were asleep, Duncan was killed and his girlfriend wounded. This was soon after the red flag laws passed in Maryland. Apparently someone called one in on him, suspecting him of having a gun. so they shot him through the house while he was asleep. Media didn't say much, poor bastard just wasn't dark enough.

If you really care about such instances you'll embrace the BLM movement. It won't lead to addressing policies, practices, and infractions against black people only, but all people the police interact with.

You should view that movement as an ally on this front, not an adversary.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44694 Posts

@Sevenizz said:

While this is no doubt true, proportionality is something to consider. Whites account for 61.3% of US population, blacks 12.7% percent; roughly a 5:1 ratio for white/black. According to non-comprensive database of 2019 fatal police shootings (not dealths by any others means, deaths in custody etc), a total of 1,004 shootings, 370 were white (370 deaths for 61.3% population), 235 were black (235 deaths for 12.7% population); roughly a 3:2 ratio for white/black. It would indicate among their portion of the population, whites are proportionally about half as likely to be shot and killed by police compared to their representation in total population, whereas blacks are proportionally about twice as likely to be shot and killed than their representation in total population, that's aa substantial disparity, and that's probably why there's no riots over what you asserted.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2019/national/police-shootings-2019/

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jeezers

@mattbbpl said:
@jeezers said:
@zaryia said:
@heathen75 said:

Destroyed.

I do honestly wish more people protested for victims of police killings when they aren't black.. its fucked up no matter what race the victim is. BLM kind of fucked up a chance of a universal movement to crack down on the rising police state. It just kinda sucks that something that could have been for all people turned into a racial movement for specific cases.

If you really care about such instances you'll embrace the BLM movement. It won't lead to addressing policies, practices, and infractions against black people only, but all people the police interact with.

You should view that movement as an ally on this front, not an adversary.

I did at first, Ferguson and Eric Garner, i figured people are finally pushing back on the police state! this is great!

I actually went to one of the protests for Garner while I was in college. huge crowd, thousands of people came out, it was cool at first.

One of the black sororities was trying to lead part of the protest down the street, at one point, the main girl with a megaphone started yelling at the white protesters to move to the back of the crowd marching lol true story. She spoke to the "whites" saying stuff like " remember this is OUR movement, we realize you are here to support US, but i'm asking our white allies to move to the back". i started laughing, im not here for you, im here for Garner! I felt that this is ridiculous, why are you splitting up the march based on color, that's fucking lame.

I realize this is anecdotal , but it was an experience i had that left a sour taste in my mouth. I really don't like the racial collective mindset that movements like BLM push. I've had friends get where i'm coming from and some argue with me about this but i'm just being honest with how i feel about it. Making it a race based issue imo weakens the cause, divides people up so you push away more support.

I've heard the counter to this, one friend put it well, "hey think of BLM as a domino, and if that movement can cause a change it will create a ripple effect that would help all communities. I get that viewpoint. But at the same time I wish we could actually work together on all cases of police brutality, if it wasn't BLM you would have alot more cases to capitalize on and gather even wider support imo. It seems to me the only cases BLM cares about are the ones where its a white cop and a black victim. Make the cop any other color than white, make the victim any other color than black, then BLM doesn't give a shit.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23063 Posts

Joe Biden has responded to the incident.

“George Floyd’s life mattered. It mattered as much as mine. It mattered as much as anyone’s in this country. At least it should have,” Biden, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, said at the outset of a virtual conversation with Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf.

“Watching [Floyd’s] life be taken in the same manner, echoing nearly the same words … is a tragic reminder that this was not an isolated incident, but a part of an ingrained, systemic cycle of injustice that still exists in this country,” Biden said.

“It cuts at the very heart of our sacred belief that all Americans are equal in rights and in dignity, and it sends a very clear message to the black community and to black lives that are under threat every single day,” he added.

Although Biden said he was “glad” Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey “stepped up right away” by announcing Tuesday the firings of the four officers involved in the arrest, the former vice president insisted “they have to be held more fully accountable” — referencing the ongoing FBI investigation into Floyd’s death and his call for a separate Justice Department probe.

“We have to get to the root of all this. You know, we have to ensure that the Floyd family receive the justice they’re entitled to,” Biden said. “And as a nation … we have to work relentlessly to eradicate these systemic failures that inflict so much damage on not just one family, one community, but on the people of color all across this nation.”

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 HoolaHoopMan

Minneapolis mayor is asking for charges to be brought now.

narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By narlymech

Not to diminish this death, but police overreaching is problem for whites too. I've experienced it first hand, just for excersizing some free speech. I was even literally framed for a crimes I didn't commit. I think it's a major issue in this country. Maybe some places the police are better than others.

VirusVaccine21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 VirusVaccine21

@narlymech said:

Not to diminish this death, but police overreaching is problem for whites too. I've experienced it first hand. I think it's a major issue in this country.

What happened to you?

lifelessablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lifelessablaze
Member since 2017 • 1066 Posts

That hat is so obviously shop'd

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1361 Posts

This is why some black people run from cops even over minor infractions of the law, you have a high chance of being killed for no reason in police custody based on the colour of your skin. Police are not actually in place to protect us, it has been proved multiple times before even in court. Every week there is an article about a cop killing an innocent person (even children) or cops getting caught for pedophilia and rape. I am waiting for the 'good cops' (is there such a thing?) to get some balls and speak up.

narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 narlymech

@virusvaccine21 said:
@narlymech said:

Not to diminish this death, but police overreaching is problem for whites too. I've experienced it first hand. I think it's a major issue in this country.

What happened to you?

Several things on a number of occasions. We have a high police state where I live. Sometimes they feel they can pick you up for anything.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178880 Posts

@virusvaccine21 said:

All four deserve jail time......standing idly by while it happens is not cool either.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@mrbojangles25 said:

If there is ever a time to riot, it's when those charged with protecting the public abuse their power and kills someone.

Seems like an easy thing to get wrong, training or no training, in the heat of the moment I don't imagine a lot of folks would check to make sure they are doing the proper, safer control hold instead of the oft-lethal choke hold. I know absolutely nothing about self-defense, however, so take that with a grain of salt.

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Rioting brings notice to an issue. Landlords have stakes in those properties, landlords that are generally wealthy and also have input into politics. If you own a block of property that's getting destroyed, chances are you're going to call up the mayor and demand they apologize or take action against the offending officers in order to get things quiet again.

It's extremely juvenile, self-destructive, and criminal. Anyone who goes out to hurt others/property with *reactionary* anger, under the guise of "righteousness" and justifies such based on that backwards logic, is dangerously close to a terrorist.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17878 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Anyone who goes out to hurt others/property with *reactionary* anger, under the guise of "righteousness" and justifies such based on that backwards logic, is dangerously close to a terrorist.

/Looks at the last 20 years of US-International conflict.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mrbojangles25

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

It's extremely juvenile, self-destructive, and criminal. Anyone who goes out to hurt others/property with *reactionary* anger, under the guise of "righteousness" and justifies such based on that backwards logic, is dangerously close to a terrorist.

I agree, I'm just playing Devil's Adovocate (yeah, I'm "that" guy in the group :( ).

But it does beg the question: if the literal embodiment of the law (police officers) can't be bothered to follow the law, why should we? Throwing rocks through windows and flipping cars over is a small reaction relative to a person's unwarranted death.

Furthermore, you can't argue with the results: the cop that was responsible for Garner's arrest (and arguably his death) was on the force for five more years before finally being removed from duty, and even then he was never charged. These cops that were involved in FLoyd's death were fired in less than a week.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LJS9502_basic

@mrbojangles25 said:

Furthermore, you can't argue with the results: the cop that was responsible for Garner's arrest (and arguably his death) was on the force for five more years before finally being removed from duty, and even then he was never charged. These cops were fired in less than a week.

Just to be clear the cops were fired before the riots.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mrbojangles25

@LJS9502_basic said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Furthermore, you can't argue with the results: the cop that was responsible for Garner's arrest (and arguably his death) was on the force for five more years before finally being removed from duty, and even then he was never charged. These cops were fired in less than a week.

Just to be clear the cops were fired before the riots.

Well then I guess I will just go eat crow.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@mrbojangles25 said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

I agree, I'm just playing Devil's Adovocate (yeah, I'm "that" guy in the group).

But it does beg the question: if the literal embodiment of the law (police officers) can't be bothered to follow the law, why should we? Throwing rocks through windows and flipping cars over is a small reaction relative to a person's unwarranted death.

One has to look at the totality and the bigger picture - was there a lawful reason for police being there, what information was provided to the officers before they arrived, information relayed as they were on scene, prior knowledge of the suspect, what was being vocalized by the suspect at the time and what physical actions was being taken by him, what was the surroundings and was the scene volatile, what was being communicated by the officers, etc. All things which require an in-depth and extensive look at by the investigating officers/feds. The courts will look at the "reasonableness" of what transpired and what a "reasonable officer" would have done. The idea of anyone placing their knee on a suspect's neck is insane to me, and screams of gross negligence. We control the head all the time with a combative suspect, but never using the neck.

It's easy for the reactionary crowd to focus on the short video and lose the forest among the trees. I've been on the riot line. I've seen the crap and nasty human beings who treat others with complete disregard for human life/property. I've had people inches from my face spitting as they screamed wishing my wife/children/friends/family would die. I expect to hear silly commentary from the riff-raff. Their only goal is to incite a reactionary so they can get that city payout, especially from the "professional" paid protesters (sadly, an actual thing in California).

Without all the facts however, I could see a valid case for manslaughter against the sole officer based on that negligence. Firing all four officers this quickly without an investigation likely violated their POBR. The union will defend them, of course, but you must have due process.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mrbojangles25

@Stevo_the_gamer: maybe a suspension would have been better then? Perhaps without pay (but again, unions...)?

Then again a suspension might not satisfy people, but then again again as @LJS9502_basic said the riot happened after they were fired so maybe nothing would have satisfied them.

*shrug*

I don't know man, I think you're right, reacting this way just isn't good in any situation, even if the offense is terrible.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@mrbojangles25: They have departmental orders and policy by the thousands of pages, they have process to follow by the letter. In my experience, the only time employees are terminated this quickly is if they're an at-will employee or on probation. Suspended with or without pay is the usual option until the fair and impartial investigation is completed.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#38 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Call it what it is, a murder. He deserves nothing but a speedy trial and conviction and life in prison. His crime was caught on tape, and is a result of systematized racism at the hands of the police in the US and no checks on white supremacy in the force.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36047 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

Joe Biden has responded to the incident.

“George Floyd’s life mattered. It mattered as much as mine. It mattered as much as anyone’s in this country. At least it should have,” Biden, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, said at the outset of a virtual conversation with Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf.

“Watching [Floyd’s] life be taken in the same manner, echoing nearly the same words … is a tragic reminder that this was not an isolated incident, but a part of an ingrained, systemic cycle of injustice that still exists in this country,” Biden said.

“It cuts at the very heart of our sacred belief that all Americans are equal in rights and in dignity, and it sends a very clear message to the black community and to black lives that are under threat every single day,” he added.

Although Biden said he was “glad” Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey “stepped up right away” by announcing Tuesday the firings of the four officers involved in the arrest, the former vice president insisted “they have to be held more fully accountable” — referencing the ongoing FBI investigation into Floyd’s death and his call for a separate Justice Department probe.

“We have to get to the root of all this. You know, we have to ensure that the Floyd family receive the justice they’re entitled to,” Biden said. “And as a nation … we have to work relentlessly to eradicate these systemic failures that inflict so much damage on not just one family, one community, but on the people of color all across this nation.”

He's absolutely right, except of course for the part I underlined. That's clearly just incorrect.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2152 Posts

Them getting fired is no punishment at all. As we know from multiple previous examples, they can easily get a job at a different department or just ask (and get) early retirement by playing the victim (as in, the murder was a traumatic experience for them, etc.).

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Here’s a thought. Be an upstanding citizen and you won’t have to encounter police - ever.

And what about black on black shootings in urban areas that far outnumber police altercations? Where’s BLM on that?

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2152 Posts

@Sevenizz said:

Here’s a thought. Be an upstanding citizen and you won’t have to encounter police - ever.

What a load of shit.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@Sevenizz: I contact upstanding folks all the time who were mistakenly called up, or were involved in a collision, or just having a bad day in an argument with their significant other and the neighbors called on them. There's a million possible examples of simple encounters that never get talked about nor should they.

With all that said, 99.99% of all use of force incidents could have been prevented if the suspect cooperates.

SatireOfComedy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SatireOfComedy
Member since 2020 • 29 Posts

No one covers the record black on white crime because it is not politically correct.

More race baiting crap on gamespot. If roles were reverser it would not be a thread.

Oh and more whites die from the police than blacks.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 LJS9502_basic

@Sevenizz said:

And what about black on black shootings in urban areas that far outnumber police altercations? Where’s BLM on that?

You do know police detain the wrong people at times? Also he was nabbed for a minor infraction they weren't sure he did. But keep spreading anti democracy ideas dude...…….it's in your voting history already.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#47 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41580 Posts

As if America isn't already reminding me much of Hong Kong right now.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 LJS9502_basic

@nintendoboy16 said:

As if America isn't already reminding me much of Hong Kong right now.

Hong Kong did better on the virus...……...

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@LJS9502_basic: Forgery fraud is a felony. Where did you read that was an infraction?

Edit: Also a federal crime which has a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@foxhound_fox: the checks are the laws enforced. You’re always an extremist.