horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127526 Posts

@watercrack445: either way I think it ends up with a 3 month extension on brexit, and a new election.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#52 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59302 Posts

Watching The House Of Commons is better than the WWE now. Not even saying that in jokey manner, the fights are legitimately better.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ecb2e9232c57
deactivated-5ecb2e9232c57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#53 deactivated-5ecb2e9232c57
Member since 2019 • 653 Posts

Lmao, unanimous ruling. Better luck next time BoJo!

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#54 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@horgen said:

@watercrack445: either way I think it ends up with a 3 month extension on brexit, and a new election.

New election? you think Corbyn is that stupid so he can be shredded a new one.

Nah, Corbyn knows the only way he can get into power is to convince BJ to step down and ask the opposition to form a government.

Also if the french voice is anything to go by, there won´t be an extension and also what would 2 months do?

And as to the UK supreme court, it´s a joke but not surprised considering their previous rulings, they always seem to stick with the safe option, still, remember the baby scandal where they pretty much killed the baby with their ruling.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts
@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:
@Jacanuk said:

Not calling you anything, I was referring to the actual people in the UK who are out to destroy democracy who happen to be mostly on the far-left.

Not really sure why you bring up immigration, that is beside the point here and have nothing to do with the normal "holiday" the parliament takes every year around this time. As to all the scare scenarios, most of them are just that out to scare you, of course, there won´t be a medicine shortage or food shortage. In fact, once Britan is out they can start fresh and negotiate with the EU on much better terms than now. Not to mention with the US and the rest of the world.

Also, sure the referendum 3 years ago was a dumb idea if you are a pro-EU person, but again this is irrelevant to the matter at hand here. Also, it did happen and you cannot toy with democracy and now the UK most sail out to sea like a majority wanted.

The parliament had 3 chances to get a pretty cosy soft deal with the EU but turned it down and are now mad because they have to face the consequences of those "no votes"

Why would they get a better deal once they are out of EU?

I brought up immigration since some countries saw a lot of it after the 2004 expansion. Not everyone is happy with that.

Why do you think French farmers are among the biggest recipients of subsidies from the EU.

Just spit balling here, but it probably has something to do with France having more farmland than most other countries in the EU.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#56 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:

Just spit balling here, but it probably has something to do with France having more farmland than most other countries in the EU.

Not really, If you know anything about french history and their farmers you would know that they love to strike and do it so it really hurts, so previous french governments have always made sure that within the EU their farmers get a lot of money to keep them happy.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 horgen  Moderator

@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:

New election? you think Corbyn is that stupid so he can be shredded a new one.

Nah, Corbyn knows the only way he can get into power is to convince BJ to step down and ask the opposition to form a government.

Also if the french voice is anything to go by, there won´t be an extension and also what would 2 months do?

And as to the UK supreme court, it´s a joke but not surprised considering their previous rulings, they always seem to stick with the safe option, still, remember the baby scandal where they pretty much killed the baby with their ruling.

First it was for political gains when the Scots court ruled it, now the UK supreme court is a joke. You really have no respect for other countries laws and court rulings.

The french only said they won't agree to an extension without reason. If UK asks for an extension, I would guess they ask for more than 3 months if an election is coming up.

Anyhow I asked this previously and you just deflected:

Why would they get a better deal once they are out of EU?

I brought up immigration since some countries saw a lot of it after the 2004 expansion. Not everyone is happy with that.

@Jacanuk said:

Not really, If you know anything about french history and their farmers you would know that they love to strike and do it so it really hurts, so previous french governments have always made sure that within the EU their farmers get a lot of money to keep them happy.

You're really ignorant about Frances history....

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#58 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59302 Posts

Just a prank bro.

https://twitter.com/Channel4News/status/1176836062527799296

Avatar image for deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12
deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59 deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12
Member since 2019 • 392 Posts

@watercrack445 said:

First it was David, May, now Boris. Who's next? Corbyn? An outsider?

I feel like there are going to be more.

But I'm pretty sure its going to be someone worse than Boris because I'm seeing a not so good pattern here.

Rees-Mogg, lol

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Damn this Boris Johnson guy seems like an absolute failure so far.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 horgen  Moderator

@zaryia said:

Damn this Boris Johnson guy seems like an absolute failure so far.

He tried to bully his way into a no deal brexit. Glad that method failed.

micky4889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#62 micky4889
Member since 2006 • 2668 Posts

With the new EU tax avoidance laws coming into effect on January 1st, the brexiteers that started this mess are really starting to squirm. Once that law comes into effect and the public can see just how much money these people are hiding to avoid tax, there's no putting that genie back in the bottle, even post brexit.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

‘What the prime minister is doing is a smash and grab on our democracy’

Umm, no he’s not. He’s upholding democracy by doing what the voters want - leave the EU.

micky4889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#64 micky4889
Member since 2006 • 2668 Posts
@Sevenizz said:

‘What the prime minister is doing is a smash and grab on our democracy’

Umm, no he’s not. He’s upholding democracy by doing what the voters want - leave the EU.

The UK is a parliamentary democracy. Shutting down parliament and sending elected MPs home so he can bulldoze through a no deal brexit which he has no mandate for is the epitome of a smash and grab on democracy. It was ruled as such unanimously 11 -0 by the supreme court. Maybe you missed the link on the way in.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 horgen  Moderator

What perhaps is best course of action now, would be working out a deal with EU, then have another vote on it. As in leave with this deal, or stay.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#66 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

To the UK I say:

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5ecb2e9232c57
deactivated-5ecb2e9232c57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#67 deactivated-5ecb2e9232c57
Member since 2019 • 653 Posts

@horgen said:

What perhaps is best course of action now, would be working out a deal with EU, then have another vote on it. As in leave with this deal, or stay.

How is this going to work? I'm not aware that they are willing to go back to the negotiating table. AFAIK the EU has already said it's the May deal, which is the best they can get short of staying in the EU, or nothing. At this point the EU just wants to rid themselves of the petulant British and move on to other issues that are important.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 horgen  Moderator

@leicam6 said:
@horgen said:

How is this going to work? I'm not aware that they are willing to go back to the negotiating table. AFAIK the EU has already said it's the May deal, which is the best they can get short of staying in the EU, or nothing. At this point the EU just wants to rid themselves of the petulant British and move on to other issues that are important.

Well I was hoping EU would continue negotiating a deal.

Since Brexit campaign has been judged in court include lies, some people have probably changed their mind.