Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-pruitt-idUSKBN16129Q

Emails show ties between new EPA head, energy firms.

Christ. GG Earth...GG

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#2 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

Is this news? I assumed everyone knew Pruitt was a whore for the energy companies....

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

And? EPA is a toothless organization that has been dismantled by corporations through both parties.. Not sure who to be more pissed off at, the Republicans being so blatant about it, or the Democrats lying about it while undermining it... I mean look at the last election on one end we had typical Republican who was against climate change science and typical Republican environmental stance.. Than on the opposite side we had a democrat who claimed to be pro environment but was a corporate whore that was pro fracking, pro fossil fuels industry etc etc.. Environmental policy has been a talking point and nothing more for some time now.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7270 Posts

@hillelslovak said:

Is this news? I assumed everyone knew Pruitt was a whore for the energy companies....

What these documents show is many of his arguments were e-mails from oil lobbyists he literally copy-pasted onto government letterhead. We already knew he was an oil whore, now we know he is a lazy one.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@hillelslovak said:

It's more factual now.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38678 Posts

@sSubZerOo said:

And? EPA is a toothless organization that has been dismantled by corporations through both parties.. Not sure who to be more pissed off at, the Republicans being so blatant about it, or the Democrats lying about it while undermining it... I mean look at the last election on one end we had typical Republican who was against climate change science and typical Republican environmental stance.. Than on the opposite side we had a democrat who claimed to be pro environment but was a corporate whore that was pro fracking, pro fossil fuels industry etc etc.. Environmental policy has been a talking point and nothing more for some time now.

gotta get that paper

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

Since this thread is mostly focusing on US politics it will be moved to the new Political gamers board on Gamespot since anything politics and even religion related is been removed from OT now and being moved to that new board.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

LOL.....kind of expected.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23033 Posts

@judaspete said:
@hillelslovak said:

What these documents show is many of his arguments were e-mails from oil lobbyists he literally copy-pasted onto government letterhead. We already knew he was an oil whore, now we know he is a lazy one.

This is how a lot of legislation is actually made. I'm not defending it - it sucks - but this is hardly a unique situation.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#10 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

@mattbbpl said:
@judaspete said:
@hillelslovak said:

This is how a lot of legislation is actually made. I'm not defending it - it sucks - but this is hardly a unique situation.

One need only look at ALEC to see how the sausage is made.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23033 Posts

@hillelslovak said:

One need only look at ALEC to see how the sausage is made.

Yeah, that's actually the first one that popped into my mind. It's not the only group that writes legislation for politicians, but it's one of the most well known.