Zone of Enders HD collection

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mav_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 mav_destroyer
Member since 2005 • 3073 Posts

I'm really tempted to pick up this game, but I've never played a ZoE game before.I love Mecha action games so I want to try this one out, I know its pretty hard to get a copy of the game for PS2 now hence why I think this is a good chance to pick up the collection.

Do you think its worth picking up for someone completely new to the series?

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#4 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

I'm really split on this HD collection. I played #2 and loved it. But with both games combined, you might only get 10-15 hours of gameplay. I'll eventually get it when it reaches the $20 price range.

doombreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 doombreaker
Member since 2007 • 7567 Posts

it comes with both the first game and the sequel + rising demo

so if you like it...this is the best time to get it

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

I allllll-most picked this oe up yesterday... I saw it, and was all "ME WANT!!!" - But then I slapped my own wrist and shouted "NO!"

You shoulda seen the way people looked at me... It's as if they've never seen a conflicted geek with profound psychological issues in a GameStop before...

:D

Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#7 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts

I'm really tempted to pick up this game, but I've never played a ZoE game before.I love Mecha action games so I want to try this one out, I know its pretty hard to get a copy of the game for PS2 now hence why I think this is a good chance to pick up the collection.

Do you think its worth picking up for someone completely new to the series?

mav_destroyer
My personal opinion as someone else who also had this very same question about these games: Don't bother. I read the original GS reviews, and I read the review for this collection. Neither of them really did much to persuade me that, as someone who's never played these games before, I would enjoy them now. I think this is the type of game where nostalgia is the primary motivating factor at work for the people who played these games originally when they came out. For people like us, I don't think they will hold much appeal. Just my .02 on the matter since I am like you and was wondering the same thing as I said earlier.
Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

ZOE2 is a classic. It's a great action game that's definitely worth playing. Unfortunately it has major FPS issues on the PS3 because Konami handed to porting job to some shovelware developer that half-assed everything.

I allllll-most picked this oe up yesterday... I saw it, and was all "ME WANT!!!" - But then I slapped my own wrist and shouted "NO!"

You shoulda seen the way people looked at me... It's as if they've never seen a conflicted geek with profound psychological issues in a GameStop before...

:DMonkeySpot

You sound painfully embarrassing and awkward to be around.

jlevin860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jlevin860
Member since 2009 • 818 Posts

agree, number 2 is epic. i picked up the collectors edition of this because i liked the 2nd one so much on ps2. its got a cool story and is epic among mech games. the guy above doesn't know what he is talking about.

i'm hoping for a zone of the enders 3 soon!

zarathustrax7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 zarathustrax7
Member since 2012 • 82 Posts

40 bucks is way too much. Way a little bit when is cheaper.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

You sound painfully embarrassing and awkward to be around.

Pffrbt

Well you never need to worry about that, now do you? I wouldn't hang out with you if you were handing out $100 bills. So back at'cha, sport.

:roll:

DiamondSlicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#12 DiamondSlicer
Member since 2009 • 206 Posts

For people who own it already, do you experience problems with framerates? It says so in the review here but then I looked on YT and I couldn't notice any issues. Feedback will be appreciated.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

For people who own it already, do you experience problems with framerates? It says so in the review here but then I looked on YT and I couldn't notice any issues. Feedback will be appreciated.

DiamondSlicer

DiamondSlicer
Runs around 30 fps on ps3 and about 40 fps on 360.. The port was done by high voltage software who is one of the worst developers out there... :'( Konami.
mav_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 mav_destroyer
Member since 2005 • 3073 Posts
Thanks for the input guys! @Kravyn81: That's exactly why I'm hesitating to pick it up, I'm completely new to the series and I have no idea what it's like or if it will be easy to get into for new players. That's why I've avoided games like Disgaea and Monster Hunter despite really wanting to pick them up, because I know they're not forgiving to new players. I really appreciate your opinion on this, thanks. @Pffrbt & @jlevin860: I really like Mech games and this game does look pretty epic. I've seen it got good reviews (can't remember if there were on GS or other sites) and most people who played the game say its good. I guess I'll look for more info or videos on the game, it doesn't come to the UK until the 30th of Nov so I still have time to decide. @ristactionjakso: Are the games that short? If so, do they have a good replay value? @zarathustrax7: I might wait for the price to drop down, but I'm slightly worried about its availability. Some other HD collections like DMC and MGS are already hard to find now, but I guess that's not a huge issue. @MonkeySpot: XD Sounds like something I would do, only I'd probably start walking around in circles or something. @DiamondSlicer: Wish I could help, I heard about the frame rates also but my guess is as good as yours at this point.
Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
As much I want to see the series get supported, I would say you might want to wait for a price drop. ZOE2 is awesome but only lasts about six hours or so. It is easily replayable with it's length though and I love the game so I will get more time out of it as I intend to go for the platinum. I started it on hard and I'm a bit rusty so I reverted back to normal so I'll be playing it at least twice.
Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts

ZOE1 wasn't all that good. But the story in ZOE2 made it worth buying. I don't know about this HD pack, but the original ZOE2 came with a movie that pretty much made ZOE not worth buying, if all you cared about was seeing the storyline. As for replayability, nether really have any of that. Although. you may revisit ZOE2's story every 2 years or so, like you would an old movie.

As for gameplay, the games were easy to play. They play more like a fighing game than anything else though. ZOE's gameplay were mainly time attack modes with grade ratings and getting a good ranking wasn't easy. ZOE2 pretty much eliminated all of that. ZOE2 only had one or two missions that had a rating system, the rest of it were mainly boss battles and progressing to boss battles. The combat puzzles, could be a P.I.T.A., though.

DiamondSlicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#17 DiamondSlicer
Member since 2009 • 206 Posts

Runs around 30 fps on ps3 and about 40 fps on 360.. The port was done by high voltage software who is one of the worst developers out there... :'( Konami.MethodManFTW

Hmm.. It's not too bad I guess but it might have some trouble when a lot is going on in the screen. I just have to find out for myself. Thanks for the info.