Wtf ??!!! Bethesdaaa!!!!!!

• 174 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dantesergei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 dantesergei
Member since 2004 • 2254 Posts

Hey guys about a month ago never cared about Fallout 3 i thought meehhh i dont think this game is too great, but after seeing some gameplay videos and trailers and reading some stuff about the previous games i thought "damn maybe this is going to be an awesome game" to be honest i was exited about this game until..... The freaking lazy **s staff of bethesda gave us a ****ing lame **s port !!!! Im ****ing pissed off !!! about all this "scrathing balls" ports coming to the PS3 i mean even if they are minor issues thats never the point, the point is that we PS3 users have the right to play the game the way is meant to be played, like in the other freaking consoles !!!

"It's a shame, in light of these impressive design elements, that the PlayStation 3 version is shockingly inferior to the others from a technical perspective. Although the Xbox 360 and PC versions display the occasional visual oddity and bland texture, these nitpicks are easy to overlook. Sadly, the jagged edges, washed-out lighting, and slightly diminished draw distance of the PS3 release aren't so easy to dismiss. We also experienced a number of visual bugs on the PS3. Character faces disappeared several times, leaving only eyeballs and hair; limbs on robots went missing; some character models had an odd outline around them as if they were cel-shaded; and the day-to-night transition may cause odd streaks on the screen as you move the camera around. This version doesn't even offer trophies, whereas the Xbox 360 and PC versions offer Xbox Live/Windows Live achievements."

"Aside from a few PS3-specific sound quirks" WWWWTTTFFFF ???!!!!!

To me bethesda is just another incompetent video game developer that they dont even put an effort to make the game great as it is on the 360 or the PC

shame on bethesda, shame on every other ****ing game developer that make this bloody ports....... incompetents.

So who ? of you guys are in ?? sign this if your a agree.

aflakian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 aflakian
Member since 2008 • 1557 Posts
They're PC devs...what'd you expect?
A port on level with Oblivion probably would've delayed the PS3 version considerably...though maybe that wouldn't have been so bad considering how many people are complaining about graphical bugs/oddities.
POPEYE1716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 POPEYE1716
Member since 2003 • 4749 Posts
well i guess ill wait for this game purchase around christmas
shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
where did you get that quote from. ign said it was bugs that was the main problem and thats not even much he said the visual differences are minimal.
anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts
Yea it's pretty ridiculous what happened with the porting. Bethesda has no excuse for this. This game was one of my most anticipated games of the year and being a PS3-only owner, I'm somewhat pissed too. Let's just say I won't be getting the game until they release a patch to fix all of those issues.
xxgunslingerxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 xxgunslingerxx
Member since 2005 • 4275 Posts
i was going to get it today based on the ign review... so where did u get ur information from? cause i might hold off until there is a patch announced
bwrector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bwrector
Member since 2004 • 149 Posts
It's from the gamespot review, what do you expect?
aflakian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 aflakian
It's the GameSpot review people.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#10 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
it doesnt even mention the fact that a friend signing on or off will crash the game.
TheRaven17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TheRaven17
Member since 2008 • 37 Posts

Ok I'm going to clear up a common missconception with the PS3 development process. Sony deviated SIGNIFICANTlY from the arcitecture of previous consoles and computers. By doing this companies developing for the PS3 had to completely change the way they made video games.

Typically games have been bottle necked at the GPU and game developers usually had more than enough processor power to do what needed to get done. The PS3 forced developers to switch the way they code games and try to maximize the processor. The 360 relies on more typical architecture that developers are familiar with, which is why most games are developed for the 360 first then ported to the PS3. Even though the 360 has less processing power their memory architecture makes up for it. 360s have 512MB of unified DD3 memory which means that if a developer wants to give an extra bost to graphics they have a full 512 to work with. For example in a scene where someone is walking down a street, your CPU is doing F** all so you can focus more resources to your graphics. Conversely the PS3 has 256MB dedicated to the CPU and only 256MB dedicated to the GPU, so even if a developer wanted to dedicate more resources to the graphics card they can't on the PS3 because of it's dedicated architecture.

This is what causes alot of the problems on the PS3, is it's inflexibility. And since games are more GPU limited anyways, hampering what the system can do GPU wise while giving more didicated resources to the already massively overpwered CPU doesn't make alot of sense. Sony has basically told developers that they were changing up the way they had to code games and to find a way to suck more juice out of the CPU and deal with it, given more time I'm sure developers could make both games equal but because of Sony's design choices games released simultaniously usually are a bit worse for the PS3.

feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

actually, IGN said similar things that's why they gave it a slightly lower score than the 360 version. Really, try not to be too eager to blame GS right away before reading facts or other reviews.

It's the GameSpot review people.aflakian

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
It's from the gamespot review, what do you expect?bwrector
What does that have to do with anything? Other reviews have been saying the same thing. :| Keep your trolling elsewhere.
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts
Every PS3 owner has the right to be pissed off about this. Bethesda screwed them bad on Fallout 3. There just isn't any excuse for such shoddy work, bugs, glitches, freezes, a lack of DLC and trophies.

Bethesda waived the proverbial middle finger to PS3 owners, all the while asking them for the same money as 360 owners but for a far less quality version.

BS, in my book.

Hopefully Bethesda does right by PS3 owners. Not just does right by them, but does it quickly, too.

aflakian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 aflakian
[QUOTE="bwrector"]It's from the gamespot review, what do you expect?MAILER_DAEMON
What does that have to do with anything? Other reviews have been saying the same thing. :| Keep your trolling elsewhere.

Trolling? Everyone was asking where his quotes came from.
Can't speak for the first guy however.
dantesergei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dantesergei

Ok I'm going to clear up a common missconception with the PS3 development process. Sony deviated SIGNIFICANTlY from the arcitecture of previous consoles and computers. By doing this companies developing for the PS3 had to completely change the way they made video games.

Typically games have been bottle necked at the GPU and game developers usually had more than enough processor power to do what needed to get done. The PS3 forced developers to switch the way they code games and try to maximize the processor. The 360 relies on more typical architecture that developers are familiar with, which is why most games are developed for the 360 first then ported to the PS3. Even though the 360 has less processing power their memory architecture makes up for it. 360s have 512MB of unified DD3 memory which means that if a developer wants to give an extra bost to graphics they have a full 512 to work with. For example in a scene where someone is walking down a street, your CPU is doing F** all so you can focus more resources to your graphics. Conversely the PS3 has 256MB dedicated to the CPU and only 256MB dedicated to the GPU, so even if a developer wanted to dedicate more resources to the graphics card they can't on the PS3 because of it's dedicated architecture.

This is what causes alot of the problems on the PS3, is it's inflexibility. And since games are more GPU limited anyways, hampering what the system can do GPU wise while giving more didicated resources to the already massively overpwered CPU doesn't make alot of sense. Sony has basically told developers that they were changing up the way they had to code games and to find a way to suck more juice out of the CPU and deal with it, given more time I'm sure developers could make both games equal but because of Sony's design choices games released simultaniously usually are a bit worse for the PS3.

TheRaven17

Then how do you explain MGS4 graphics achievement and i think i've only encoutered 1 bug and No laaag at all in about 10 times i played the game. 1. bethesda needs new programers (preferably Japannese) or 2. they are a bunch of lazy **s people.

I think with a little more effort a game can bethe same in all the consoles.

TheRaven17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheRaven17

Bethesda did nothing wrong here, they are people just like us. As I said in my post before the Sony "Chose" to use a different architecture then what developers are used to, they could have used a unified architecture system, they could have stuck with the same models as previous consoles and computers but they said "We're gonna change things up and make people utalize the CPU more". In my opinion Sony gave the finger to all the developers and fanboys are too ignorant to realize it and are blaming the developers.

I'm sure Bethesda has a team that is still optimizing the code for Fallout 3 on the PS3. It's something most companies aren't used to and they need time. Oblivion was released a full year later, that's alot of optimization going on in a year. I'm sure the PS3 version will get a healthy does of patches that bring it up to par with what we all expect. It will probably happen quicker than we thing.

TheRaven17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TheRaven17
1.) MGS 4 was dedicated to the PS3, we have no idea how it would stand up if a 360 version was also released. The issue here is when your simultaneously coding for 2 consoles, 1 is alot easier than the other. MGS4 is a good looking game, I'm not saying PS3 can't have good looking games. I'm just saying it's harder and takes more time. So you have 2 options. 1 release the more difficult game to code for later or 2 release them together with one a little bit better. If the 360 version was released first people would still be blowing a gasket. What do you want Bethesda to do?
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

Meh, First Valve, now Bethesda. This is a growing trend of great developers. Seems strange and uncharacteristic.

When do we finally turn and point the finger at Sony?

bwrector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 bwrector
Member since 2004 • 149 Posts

[QUOTE="bwrector"]It's from the gamespot review, what do you expect?MAILER_DAEMON

How is that trolling? I answered the question. And "your" review is different than any other site.

TheRaven17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TheRaven17

Meh, First Valve, now Bethesda. This is a growing trend of great developers. Seems strange and uncharacteristic.

When do we finally turn and point the finger at Sony?

Mau-Justice

Exactly. This is happening too frequently across too many development teams.

dantesergei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dantesergei
Every PS3 owner has the right to be pissed off about this. Bethesda screwed them bad on Fallout 3. There just isn't any excuse for such shoddy work, bugs, glitches, freezes, a lack of DLC and trophies.

Bethesda waived the proverbial middle finger to PS3 owners, all the while asking them for the same money as 360 owners but for a far less quality version.

BS, in my book.

Hopefully Bethesda does right by PS3 owners. Not just does right by them, but does it quickly, too.

nyc05

Same here man.

side note: Not every one can have all the consoles, i made a desition a 360 or a PS3, since i live in Bolivia i choose the PS3 afraid of the RROD of the 360 . Now i have the bloody right to play the same game that the 360 owners are playing.

Shame on bethesda.

2ndB4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 2ndB4
Member since 2004 • 49 Posts
Companies like Bethesda don't normally do ps3 development in house, jobs like that are normally outsourced to smaller companies more skilled with the hardware. That said, I agree. Quality should be on par with other versions it is only fair to expect it considering the money we have to put down to play it.
Eddie5vs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Eddie5vs1
Member since 2004 • 6085 Posts
While the PS3 is more than capable of offering great games with excellent graphics (LBP, Resistance 2, MGS4), the reality is that the cell is hard to develop for when compared with other CPU's. With games becoming more expensive to create, it's hard for them to justify spending a significant amount of money and time on learning the architecture when they may not see a return on their investment due to a smaller install base.
Avatar image for 224385652654335052701865008979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 224385652654335052701865008979
Member since 2008 • 871 Posts

Bethesda did nothing wrong here, they are people just like us. As I said in my post before the Sony "Chose" to use a different architecture then what developers are used to, they could have used a unified architecture system, they could have stuck with the same models as previous consoles and computers but they said "We're gonna change things up and make people utalize the CPU more". In my opinion Sony gave the finger to all the developers and fanboys are too ignorant to realize it and are blaming the developers.

I'm sure Bethesda has a team that is still optimizing the code for Fallout 3 on the PS3. It's something most companies aren't used to and they need time. Oblivion was released a full year later, that's alot of optimization going on in a year. I'm sure the PS3 version will get a healthy does of patches that bring it up to par with what we all expect. It will probably happen quicker than we thing.

TheRaven17

I have to jump in here because this is starting to sound rediculous.

In my experience the Cell processor is one of the best architectures I've used my entire career. We've been in heaven ever since we've been graced with the presence of the SPU. Sure, the architecture is different than your typical "vanilla" system but this is what happens over time.

Don't blame Sony for some game studio's programmers not having the ability to write proper ansynchronous systems. There are many great examples of what you can achieve on the PS3 when the engine is built from the ground up. I dont' blame people at all for being frustrated at this lackluster port. Can you blame them? Honestly? From what I've seen of Fallout 3 it could have been ALOT better on the PS3. ALOT. I think fans deserve better than a half-arsed attempt, especially for the same selling price.

The PS3 has a great deal of potential. A small portion of it starting to get realized by exclusive developers. You have to put alot of work into anything that you want to be great. There are just some people that have what it takes to be great PC and 360 developers, and others that can't be bothered with old school architectures, wanting to be challenged to squeeze every last drop out of the hardware. The true art of making games.

That comment about from someone: "should have gotten japanese programmers" is just about the most idiotic and racist comments I've seen in these forums for a long time. You can't be serious. If you are then that is just sad.
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 nyc05

TheRaven17

So I'm just an ignorant fanboy because I see this as Bethesda's fault? Have you seen any of my other postings, not to mention my sig?

You can blame Sony's choice of architecture all you want, but it's not warranted. If it was the PS3 then why was the PS3 version of Oblivion the premium version for the consoles? Believe me, as an owner of both systems and both copies of the game, I can assure you that the PS3 version is superior.

Also, if the PS3 was just too difficult or had too many bottlenecks, how do you explain how games like Uncharted, MGS4 and Killzone 2 look the way they do?

It's obvious that Bethesda didn't put the priority on the PS3 version the way they did the other two. That fact is obvious to me, at least.

In the interest of not clogging up this topic or getting into system wars, I'll end this here because there's no point. You see it how you do, as do I. All I know is that there is no excuse for such a shoddy port, and PS3 owners shouldn't be left with a far inferior version for the same price.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb42b95df1fc
deactivated-5bb42b95df1fc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5bb42b95df1fc
Member since 2006 • 146 Posts
Look, we all played Morrowind and looking at that now, it had HORRIBLE graphics, and we didnt care, we just played it to please the Mudcrab!
TJSAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 TJSAGE
Member since 2006 • 3540 Posts

The ps3 was passed over on this 1 fella's

And dont accept any messages, cause thats it for the game

TheRaven17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TheRaven17

I never said the cell architecture was bad. I think it's an amazing piece of technology. What I said was the "Memory" arcitecture was inferrior. The cell is still a CPU, nothing more. GPU's are the most important thing in a gaming system and restricitng how you can use your memory to feed the CPU and GPU has been a detriment.

It's like someone braging about their new computer, if you say you have an amazing CPU and you can run games with the greatest of ease anyone who knows anything about computers will say "ok so how's your graphics card?" build a computer sytem with a mid range CPU and a high end graphics card compared to a high end CPU and a mid range graphics card and guess which one will perform better.

Eddie5vs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Eddie5vs1

If it was the PS3 then why was the PS3 version of Oblivion the premium version for the consoles? Believe me, as an owner of both systems and both copies of the game, I can assure you that the PS3 version is superior.

nyc05

Personally I think the superior version of Oblivion was due more to familiarity with the game and engine than anything else, but that's just my opinion. In regard to the cell being difficult to program for, I'm not a programmer so I know very little about it. But if we can't agree that it's difficult to program for, we can at least agree that it's significantly different from other CPU's.

Also, in reference to your statment about Uncharted, MGS4, and Killzone 2. You're right, they are great looking games, but they are also 1st party games with the developer only working on a single architecture.

I'm sorry, but I don't blame Bethesda for this, I blame it on the cost of developing games for todays generation of consoles.

dantesergei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 dantesergei

While the PS3 is more than capable of offering great games with excellent graphics (LBP, Resistance 2, MGS4), the reality is that the cell is hard to develop for when compared with other CPU's. With games becoming more expensive to create, it's hard for them to justify spending a significant amount of money and time on learning the architecture when they may not see a return on their investment due to a smaller install base. Eddie5vs1

Then if it cost to much for them the price of the game should be 49$ since its not the same product.

Its just an extreme non realistic thought but , if so many game developers can't produce a port identical to the 360 version then the games should cost 49$ if they think the costs of making a great decent port to the PS3 are to high then make a ****y game and put the 49$ price tag for the crap port, since its not worth to pay 60 freaking bucks for tan inferior version of any game.

stopsign69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 stopsign69
Member since 2006 • 96 Posts
Can someone tell me the huge difference here? Is it even worth buying Fallout 3 right now? I am pretty pissed to be honest, I want to see a comparison between the PS3 and Xbox version.
Avatar image for kenshinhimura10
kenshinhimura10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 kenshinhimura10
Member since 2008 • 555 Posts
Bethesda died after the crap called Oblivion. So Im just skipping this game. To bad, cause I was a fan of the past Fallouts. I may get it for the PC in "that" other way though, since Im in no way supporting bad devs anymore.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 224385652654335052701865008979

I never said the cell architecture was bad. I think it's an amazing piece of technology. What I said was the "Memory" arcitecture was inferrior. The cell is still a CPU, nothing more. GPU's are the most important thing in a gaming system and restricitng how you can use your memory to feed the CPU and GPU has been a detriment.

It's like someone braging about their new computer, if you say you have an amazing CPU and you can run games with the greatest of ease anyone who knows anything about computers will say "ok so how's your graphics card?" build a computer sytem with a mid range CPU and a high end graphics card compared to a high end CPU and a mid range graphics card and guess which one will perform better.

TheRaven17

I see the point that you're making, but please remember that the SPU is more than capable of doing pre/post processing for the GPU. Other developers have gotten some serious mileage doing graphics processing on the SPU before sending anything to the GPU. I agree that the GPU architecture is more limited than that of the 360 but it is made up for by the ability to do things procedurally on the SPU. It's not easy, but it sure is awesome.
dantesergei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 dantesergei

Keep this thread alive friends keep it alive until BETHESDA sees the freaking disaster that they've caused

more like a protest thread !!! :P

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
Capcom, Ubisoft, Infinty Ward, Criterion, Rockstar, and EA can make multiplats identical, I don't see why Bethesda can't do the same. Poor show.
TheRaven17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TheRaven17
[QUOTE="TheRaven17"]

PhysicsLCP

I see the point that you're making, but please remember that the SPU is more than capable of doing pre/post processing for the GPU. Other developers have gotten some serious mileage doing graphics processing on the SPU before sending anything to the GPU. I agree that the GPU architecture is more limited than that of the 360 but it is made up for by the ability to do things procedurally on the SPU. It's not easy, but it sure is awesome.

Thank you. I think we're starting to see eye to eye now. I love the cell, I think it's great and I was really routing for the PS3 when I heard about it. (I'm a hardware junky). Some developers can burn the midnight oil and find a way to deal with the 2 different ways of coding (1 being stressing the GPU as hard as possible and the other being stressing the CPU as hard as possible), EA sports was able to do it for Madden 09 after the significantly worse Madden 08 showing on the PS3. But I think we should be commending companies that are able to work but no tearing other companies a new A-hole just because they couldn't. Developers are people too, changing the way things are done is tough.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

bethesda is just another incompetent video game developer

Nope, Bethesda has been one of the top dogs in the industry for a reason.

Eddie5vs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Eddie5vs1

Its just an extreme non realistic thought but , if so many game developers can't produce a port identical to the 360 version then the games should cost 49$ if they think the costs of making a great decent port to the PS3 are to high then make a ***** game and put the 49$ price tag for the crap port, since its not worth to pay 60 freaking bucks for tan inferior version of any game.

dantesergei

While that's a nice thought, IMO, it's unrealistic. As a multiplatform owner, if I saw the one version at $60, and the other @ $49, I would most likely believe the cheaper version was the inferior version (which it apparently is) and get the more expensive. Many gamers don't read reviews on games and will pick up any version not knowing one is inferior to another.

anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts

While the PS3 is more than capable of offering great games with excellent graphics (LBP, Resistance 2, MGS4), the reality is that the cell is hard to develop for when compared with other CPU's. With games becoming more expensive to create, it's hard for them to justify spending a significant amount of money and time on learning the architecture when they may not see a return on their investment due to a smaller install base. Eddie5vs1

In that case why not just not make a PS3 version instead of making a poor port in hopes of gaining a profit. That's ignorance and laziness if you ask me.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
[QUOTE="TheRaven17"]

nyc05

So I'm just an ignorant fanboy because I see this as Bethesda's fault? Have you seen any of my other postings, not to mention my sig?

You can blame Sony's choice of architecture all you want, but it's not warranted. If it was the PS3 then why was the PS3 version of Oblivion the premium version for the consoles? Believe me, as an owner of both systems and both copies of the game, I can assure you that the PS3 version is superior.

Also, if the PS3 was just too difficult or had too many bottlenecks, how do you explain how games like Uncharted, MGS4 and Killzone 2 look the way they do?

It's obvious that Bethesda didn't put the priority on the PS3 version the way they did the other two. That fact is obvious to me, at least.

In the interest of not clogging up this topic or getting into system wars, I'll end this here because there's no point. You see it how you do, as do I. All I know is that there is no excuse for such a shoddy port, and PS3 owners shouldn't be left with a far inferior version for the same price.

It took an extra year to get the PS3 version of Oblivion to where it is, and why is that you ask? It's because of the PS3's architecture. It is bottlenecked to a degree, and it takes longer to program for.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 224385652654335052701865008979
[QUOTE="PhysicsLCP"][QUOTE="TheRaven17"]

TheRaven17

Thank you. I think we're starting to see eye to eye now. I love the cell, I think it's great and I was really routing for the PS3 when I heard about it. (I'm a hardware junky). Some developers can burn the midnight oil and find a way to deal with the 2 different ways of coding (1 being stressing the GPU as hard as possible and the other being stressing the CPU as hard as possible), EA sports was able to do it for Madden 09 after the significantly worse Madden 08 showing on the PS3. But I think we should be commending companies that are able to work but no tearing other companies a new A-hole just because they couldn't. Developers are people too, changing the way things are done is tough.

Well, I hope I didnt' come off as insulting toward Bethesda. The last thing I'd want to do is insult my fellow game developers. That wasn't my intention. My intention was the defend the position of people that are disappointed in the lackluster port of Fallout 3 for the PS3. Whether it's the fault of the programmers or the fault of production constraints, the bottom line is that the fans deserve something better, or at least pay $10 less for it :). Once again, the last thing I want to do is sound like I'm ripping on any programmers for not understanding the cell. My position was that the cell is great and that given the proper interest can be rather easy to work with (once you're in the mindset). Then again, we're about to release our 4th ps3 game so my opinion on difficulty might be slightly jaded which I'm willing to concede on. Heh, I'll not beat this up anymore. I misunderstood you. Cell is great. Nuff said :).
DaddyLongCaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 DaddyLongCaddy
Member since 2007 • 844 Posts

My big question is why did they not have an install for this game? At least make it optional. The standard hard drive in the PS3 is one of it's biggest advantages. Part of the reason Oblivion was better on PS3 was from use of the HDD.

This is just a sloppy port, there are no excuses.

Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts
patch por favor!!
daveversion1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#46 daveversion1
Member since 2007 • 1005 Posts

Bethesda died after the crap called Oblivion. So Im just skipping this game. To bad, cause I was a fan of the past Fallouts. I may get it for the PC in "that" other way though, since Im in no way supporting bad devs anymore.kenshinhimura10

Are you saying oblivion was crap?

Eddie5vs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Eddie5vs1

[QUOTE="Eddie5vs1"]While the PS3 is more than capable of offering great games with excellent graphics (LBP, Resistance 2, MGS4), the reality is that the cell is hard to develop for when compared with other CPU's. With games becoming more expensive to create, it's hard for them to justify spending a significant amount of money and time on learning the architecture when they may not see a return on their investment due to a smaller install base. anime_gamer007

In that case why not just not make a PS3 version instead of making a poor port in hopes of gaining a profit. That's ignorance and laziness if you ask me.

That's not laziness or ignorance, it's called risk assessment. Many developers are reluctant to invest in unproven and unknown new IP's. That's one reason we have Madden, Halo 1, 2, 3, Resistance 1 & 2, Guitar Hero 4, Rock Band Band 2, Killzone 2, etc. That doesn't mean some seuquels aren't great or better than the originals, but these titles are already proven and thus present less risk.

I'm not saying Bethesda should be proud of the ps3 version, but what developer wants to release a glitchy game? Some people act like the developers are the president's of their respective companies. Let's say one version of Fallout 3 costs 10 million to develop and the developers ask for additional time/$ to create a marginally better version for the ps3 but they don't see a return on the extra money. CEO's and financial boards are unwilling to take that risk.

Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts

Vavle and Bethesda are both PC devs.. and since the 360 is basically 2 degrees south of a PC its not surprising that it gets more/better ports. you need to buidl from the ground up on the PS3...

But after Oblivion came out soo good on the PS3 i thought Bethesda would be able to make Fallout 3 at least equal....

Rocksta-R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Rocksta-R
Member since 2008 • 203 Posts
I just got back from EB after a not so big lineup, i've actually missed lunch for this, I was getting LBP & supposed to get Fall Out 3 but I've heard its really glitchy. Is it really glitchy and bad? Its also funny after that line up I went thru, I was the only one that got LBP, everyone was getting Fall Out 3 for their 360. I'm thinking of going back after work to get it but unsure if I'll get it for the 360 or PS3.
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 nyc05

It took an extra year to get the PS3 version of Oblivion to where it is, and why is that you ask? It's because of the PS3's architecture. It is bottlenecked to a degree, and it takes longer to program for.

BioShockOwnz

Well, yes but mostly no. Most of the reason it took longer to come out is because the PS3 didn't launch until November 2006, whereas Oblivion was released originally in March of 2006 for the PC and 360.

People can talk about bottlenecks all they want, but when the system is constantly showing what it's capable of the argument become less compelling.

Look, I'm not saying the PS3 is the be all end all, because it's not. The architecture does have some difficulties. However, this isn't about hardware or system comparisons, it's about a shoddy port of Fallout 3, a game that the PS3 can run better then what the final product indicated.

Bethesda clearly put a premium on the 360 and PC versions, and while it's understandable to a degree given that those versions (maybe not the PC, but the 360 version for sure) will make them more money, PS3 owners also have an expectation of getting a high quality version of the game for the same price, something that did not happen.

I'm certainly no Bethesda hater. I loved Morrowind, Oblivion, and I'm playing Fallout 3 on my PC as we speak, but Bethesda wronged PS3 owners here. Hopefully all is fixed via a patch, as I suspect a great deal of it will be, but nobody can blame PS3 owners for being upset.