Wow...what do you think about Warner going Blu-ray only?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jlabadie88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 jlabadie88
Member since 2003 • 1985 Posts

Granted, HD still has Paramount and Universal, two of the largest publication companies. But to me, Warner is the biggest of them all. Being a Sony fan, I must say I'm pleased.

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts
Warner coming to Blu-ray side only was GREAT!
navigata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 navigata
Member since 2005 • 7619 Posts

Really good move...Blu ray has some serious backup

shroom76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 shroom76
Member since 2007 • 1764 Posts
a lot less people will be confused. when its released on dvd and "bluray-hidef" as the announcer guy says, i think wth, how is anyone going to know what that means when its out on both or just blu ray. the fact that it is called blu ray is what's confusing to most people probably, if it was alone people would get it.
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts
a lot less people will be confused. when its released on dvd and "bluray-hidef" as the announcer guy says, i think wth, how is anyone going to know what that means when its out on both or just blu ray. the fact that it is called blu ray is what's confusing to most people probably, if it was alone people would get it.shroom76
The other day I heard a guy saying " Blu-ray is like....like a DVD but in High Def" I laughed. As long as they know BR is high def...meh
Avatar image for DAGAMEKILLER360
DAGAMEKILLER360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 DAGAMEKILLER360
Member since 2006 • 372 Posts
i love it!
jlabadie88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jlabadie88
This is what confuses me more about high-def than anything else. Both Blu-ray and HD-DVD say that they have the huge advantage in terms of sales. One of them is obviously wrong. I would tend to side with Blu-ray, because according to Warner, part of the reason they went Blu-ray only was because Blu-ray has been the leader. So, yeah.
Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 Vyse_Legends
Member since 2007 • 9387 Posts
Good.
swatpup102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 swatpup102
Member since 2003 • 289 Posts

I love the news and was 100% excited.

The bad news about this post is that it is going to get locked and you are gonna get a point loss for talking about it on the ps3 boards. I had it happen last time i opened anything regarding movies and blu ray on the ps3 forum. I hate to be the bad news giver but thats just how gamespot works now.

jlabadie88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jlabadie88

I love the news and was 100% excited.

The bad news about this post is that it is going to get locked and you are gonna get a point loss for talking about it on the ps3 boards. I had it happen last time i opened anything regarding movies and blu ray on the ps3 forum. I hate to be the bad news giver but thats just how gamespot works now.

swatpup102

Yeah I figured as much but whatever. Blu-ray has everything to do with PlayStation 3 so if they feel it's off-topic then so be it.

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts
It's the beginning of the end for HD-DVD.
YOOOOOOOUUUUU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 YOOOOOOOUUUUU
Member since 2007 • 49 Posts
It's the beginning of the end for HD-DVD. Johnny_Rock
Wrong my friend. It's the END of the beginning of HD-DVD. Either that or it being killed 73-27%(at last check).
Vendetta58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Vendetta58
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

When Disney went Blu-Ray only, that was the first big blow to HD-DVD.

Warner going Blu-Ray exclusive however is the knockout punch.

Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts
I think game set and match BluRay?
nellyg619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 nellyg619
Member since 2004 • 6832 Posts
this is gr8 day 4 us fans....sony now has 70% support of the movie companies and so it wont be long b4 the others follow
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
Blu-ray is the best choice they know it. we all know it..... and it deserves it.
RandomTask221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#17 RandomTask221
Member since 2005 • 7795 Posts

It's the beginning of the end for HD-DVD. Johnny_Rock

It is done, game over, the end... HD-DVD just got pwn3d.

gagit811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gagit811
Member since 2005 • 3632 Posts
it was going to happen sooner or later. I feel M$ backs hddvd just to stalemate the bluray. they don't want to win they want to go digital hd over the xbox market place and other format. the longer they hold up the format wars the better chance no one wins clearly witch opens other formats to get a share in the hd movie pie.
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

I think it's great because it represents a drastic tipping point in the format war. The war ending is the best thing for all of us and it's nice to see a move happen that could/should mean the end of the war. Since I have a PS3 and no HD DVD player, my interest is more in Blu-ray so I'm glad Blu-ray looks to be coming out of this as the winner, but you never know.

Anytime money can exchange hands things can happen. In all likely hood this spells doom for HD DVD, but money always talks. Blu-ray is definitely in the position to finish off HD DVD now, and the Blu-ray Association just needs to pull the trigger and do away with Toshiba and HD DVD already. A quick strike marketing campaign, advertising and customer incentive program would do away with the struggling format, and that's what needs to happen.

Avatar image for ElectronicMagic
ElectronicMagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ElectronicMagic
Member since 2005 • 5412 Posts
Even a half a year before I bought a PS3 and only owned an X360(Big Microsoft and Sony fan by the way), I wanted Blu-Ray to win the format war. It's simply the better format, bar none. Microsoft backs HD-DVD just because Blu-Ray is Sony's format. But Microsoft is just going to have to face the fact that Sony's Blu-Ray disc drive will be firmly installed on the X360's successor. Warner Bros. backing Blu-Ray is just another nail in the coffin HD-DVD occupies. The sooner Universal and Paramont come over to Blu-Ray, the sooner all consumers can be relieved and start buying Blu-Ray movies(I know a lot of people that are waiting this war out until a clearwinner is decided).
BeErBOnG29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BeErBOnG29
Member since 2005 • 4387 Posts
Definitely a great move. This helps out the PS3 a lot and will hopefully build it more momentum. Not to mention, it may sooner end the format war, in my favor.
mztazmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mztazmz
Member since 2003 • 1405 Posts

GOOD:Warner finally dumping the losing format. They played it safe by supporting both, but at least had the intelligence to choose the right side when the time came.

BETTER: The embarrasing day when Universal has to swallow it's pride and embrace Bluray when they finally come to grips with how much money they are losing by only selling on HDDVD.

BEST: The downright humiliating day when Paramount COMES BACK to Bluray and is the laughing stock of the film industry. I hope that 150mil was worth it, LOL.

Avatar image for williamjuly2004
williamjuly2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 williamjuly2004
Member since 2005 • 307 Posts
Woot I am happy as Sony fan also I am interested if microsofts launch a new 360 model with HD built in still.