Would you buy a Kingdom Hearts Collection?

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#1 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

Referring to the Sly Cooper Collection and other collections; would you think a Kingdom Hearts Collection would be success, would you buy it, and do you think it will actually happen?

I'd buy it. :)

xsynth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 xsynth
Member since 2010 • 864 Posts
It would be, but I wouldn't buy it. Can't stand disney.
Jak-25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Jak-25
Member since 2007 • 2475 Posts

Yes, I would.

mental_case_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 mental_case_5
Member since 2009 • 609 Posts

No, I didn't like it on PS2 and won't like it on PS3

big_boss1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 big_boss1988
Member since 2008 • 1241 Posts

hell, yea.

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
Yes. In a heartbeat.
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
if they fixed some of the camera and controls in 1 then yes i would
paradigm68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 paradigm68
Member since 2003 • 5588 Posts
In an instant, despite the numerous ports to handhelds of the first game,
corigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 corigan
Member since 2004 • 586 Posts

No I wouldn't. Never cared for the series much, but than again never really tried any after the first one.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#11 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
I would if it also included simple ports of the handheld games and excised the gummi ship segments from the console versions. And increased the length of the music clips that loops endlessly in each world.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

No, I wouldn't. Not a fan of the series.

jiggaloj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 jiggaloj
Member since 2006 • 4345 Posts

Yes I would. I already own both of them but if it's in HD i'd get it.

Foulcry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Foulcry
Member since 2008 • 960 Posts

In heartbeat. Still one of my favorite series to this day. I'm not much of a fan of the handhelds except BBS but I loved the first and second game. This would be a must buy for me on day 1 of release. I wish they would ATLEAST Announce KH3 already. I'm getting real tired of these Handheld releases. They are horrible.

LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts
i actually own 1 and 2 but never played them. so nah, i probably wouldnt buy it.
peach79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 peach79
Member since 2006 • 367 Posts

Only if they fix the damn camera. Both games make me want to puke, although the second games camera isn't nearly as nausea inducing as the first one.

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
In an instant, despite the numerous ports to handhelds of the first game,paradigm68
They're spinoffs, not ports. :? I would only get such a collection if it was of the Final Mix versions of the games.
Foulcry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Foulcry
[QUOTE="paradigm68"]In an instant, despite the numerous ports to handhelds of the first game,MAILER_DAEMON
They're spinoffs, not ports. :? I would only get such a collection if it was of the Final Mix versions of the games.

I think he was trying to be sarcastic basically saying they are all the same thing. I think......
MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MAILER_DAEMON
[QUOTE="MAILER_DAEMON"][QUOTE="paradigm68"]In an instant, despite the numerous ports to handhelds of the first game,Foulcry

I think he was trying to be sarcastic basically saying they are all the same thing. I think......

Oh, I noticed. It's just that for all the rehashed content, to say that it's the same game is an idea that isn't worth giving any validity to. That said, Coded/ReCoded is where I lost interest. The Chain of Memories PS2 remake right now is my second-favorite game in the series behind Birth By Sleep.
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
[QUOTE="Foulcry"][QUOTE="MAILER_DAEMON"]They're spinoffs, not ports. :? I would only get such a collection if it was of the Final Mix versions of the games.MAILER_DAEMON

Oh, I noticed. It's just that for all the rehashed content, to say that it's the same game is an idea that isn't worth giving any validity to. That said, Coded/ReCoded is where I lost interest. The Chain of Memories PS2 remake right now is my second-favorite game in the series behind Birth By Sleep.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who enjoys Re: Chain of Memories.
Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#22 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

no, already own them and played them to death . If i didn't I would buy it

Foulcry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Foulcry
[QUOTE="Foulcry"][QUOTE="MAILER_DAEMON"]They're spinoffs, not ports. :? I would only get such a collection if it was of the Final Mix versions of the games.MAILER_DAEMON

Really? You really like Chain of Memories that much? I loved the story but I hated the card battle system. Yea I mean I can understand people not liking the spin-offs and what not but they aren't the same game as the first Kingdom Hearts. The only thing they share in common is Musical Score in certain spin-offs not all. There is no point in even acknowledging his comment. I loved BBS but I have to say my favorite is still KH1. I loved KH2 but BBS takes second place for me and then KH2.
killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

i probably would (if they remastered it in HD of course), cause i love the Kingdom Hearts series, beat them all (even the latest DS one that just came out)

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MAILER_DAEMON

[QUOTE="MAILER_DAEMON"][QUOTE="Foulcry"] I think he was trying to be sarcastic basically saying they are all the same thing. I think......Foulcry

Really? You really like Chain of Memories that much? I loved the story but I hated the card battle system. Yea I mean I can understand people not liking the spin-offs and what not but they aren't the same game as the first Kingdom Hearts. The only thing they share in common is Musical Score in certain spin-offs not all. There is no point in even acknowledging his comment. I loved BBS but I have to say my favorite is still KH1. I loved KH2 but BBS takes second place for me and then KH2.

For me, though the cards were quite flawed, it served to limit just how much power you had and added some needed strategy to the boss battles, especially against the Organization members. Button mashing would get you killed, even at high levels, and I never found it possible to over-level to the point of no longer being fun, like you could in both 1 and 2.

Here's the order of how I like the games, at least the ones I've played.

1. Birth By Sleep

2. Re: Chain of Memories

3. I

4. Chain of Memories

5. 358/2 Days

6. II

The first game is the first game, flaws and greatness mixed, but I can't really hold anything against it, as many of its flaws were fixed later. However, it still makes me angry that there's a fight against Xemnas that they added to the Final Mix version that was arguably harder than Sephiroth. My views on II are very unpopular, but it is the only game in the series that I've had no interest in replaying ever since I beat it. Even with 358, I've replayed a lot of the missions and challenges, if only to make gradual post-game progress.

II had a very unfocused story that went on a lot of tangents, while with Chain it was pretty clear to both Sora and the player who the main enemies were. I could list my many problems with the game, but the two most glaring ones are that it felt unfinished despite the long development cycle (which was proven when you look at how much content was added to the Final Mix version of II in contrast with the Final Mix version of I), and if you took any time to level up your drives and/or summons, you'd end up being overleveled to the point that you could get through all of The World That Never Was with next-to-no effort, leaving the only bosses to provide any challenge being Sephiroth and those of the Hades Paradox cup (meh). Then to add salt to the wound, the Final Mix version not only gives you the ability to fight each of the CO crew without the cards, but you can also face level 99 versions of each Organization member as much as you want (even though Xemnas reportedly still isn't as hard as his KHI incarnation), NOT TO MENTION the fight against Terra's Lingering Sentiment. :cry:

Jackininy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jackininy
Member since 2010 • 99 Posts

I'd consider it if it included the final mix versions of each game. Throw in birth by sleep (somehow.. haha) and it'd be a yes for sure! :D

shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
No
no1gamefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 no1gamefan
Member since 2008 • 989 Posts

I definitely would, Final Mix versions or not.

Ripcurl530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#29 Ripcurl530
Member since 2007 • 649 Posts
I would love a KH collection. I'd love a Metal Gear Solid collection too. If I could get all my favorite PS2 games in HD, that would be great!
imthebest6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 imthebest6
Member since 2006 • 1040 Posts
I'm actually playing number 2 right now. I probably wouldn't buy them but I would borrow it from a friend for the trophies :p
DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

[QUOTE="MAILER_DAEMON"][QUOTE="Foulcry"] I think he was trying to be sarcastic basically saying they are all the same thing. I think......mrmusicman247

I'm glad I'm not the only one who enjoys Re: Chain of Memories.

Don't worry. You guys aren't alone. Personally, I actually really liked the battle system for Chain of Memories. It gave plenty of incentive for combos and different attacks. The story was pretty good too (very dark). What I hated was, aside from the new story bits you learn in-between worlds, they basically just rehashed the entire story and levels from the first one. That annoyed me. Still a good game though.

To answer the original post, hell yes! However, they should remake Kingdom Hearts Final Mix 1 & 2, and Re: Chain of Memories for the PS3. THAT I would purchase 3 or 4 copies of then (trying to get my friends back into it). I just hope/wish they would fix the problems with the camera angle in the first one. :?

paradigm68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 paradigm68
Member since 2003 • 5588 Posts
[QUOTE="MAILER_DAEMON"][QUOTE="paradigm68"]In an instant, despite the numerous ports to handhelds of the first game,Foulcry

Yea, that's what I was saying.
Avatar image for Infinite_Access
Infinite_Access

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 Infinite_Access
Member since 2007 • 2483 Posts

Yes, I would!!! It would be awesome if I could play them on my PS3.

The one thing I hate about he series is that you have to have both PS, PSP, and a DS to enjoy them all.

Foulcry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Foulcry

[QUOTE="Foulcry"][QUOTE="MAILER_DAEMON"]Oh, I noticed. It's just that for all the rehashed content, to say that it's the same game is an idea that isn't worth giving any validity to. That said, Coded/ReCoded is where I lost interest. The Chain of Memories PS2 remake right now is my second-favorite game in the series behind Birth By Sleep.MAILER_DAEMON

For me, though the cards were quite flawed, it served to limit just how much power you had and added some needed strategy to the boss battles, especially against the Organization members. Button mashing would get you killed, even at high levels, and I never found it possible to over-level to the point of no longer being fun, like you could in both 1 and 2.

Here's the order of how I like the games, at least the ones I've played.

1. Birth By Sleep

2. Re: Chain of Memories

3. I

4. Chain of Memories

5. 358/2 Days

6. II

The first game is the first game, flaws and greatness mixed, but I can't really hold anything against it, as many of its flaws were fixed later. However, it still makes me angry that there's a fight against Xemnas that they added to the Final Mix version that was arguably harder than Sephiroth. My views on II are very unpopular, but it is the only game in the series that I've had no interest in replaying ever since I beat it. Even with 358, I've replayed a lot of the missions and challenges, if only to make gradual post-game progress.

II had a very unfocused story that went on a lot of tangents, while with Chain it was pretty clear to both Sora and the player who the main enemies were. I could list my many problems with the game, but the two most glaring ones are that it felt unfinished despite the long development cycle (which was proven when you look at how much content was added to the Final Mix version of II in contrast with the Final Mix version of I), and if you took any time to level up your drives and/or summons, you'd end up being overleveled to the point that you could get through all of The World That Never Was with next-to-no effort, leaving the only bosses to provide any challenge being Sephiroth and those of the Hades Paradox cup (meh). Then to add salt to the wound, the Final Mix version not only gives you the ability to fight each of the CO crew without the cards, but you can also face level 99 versions of each Organization member as much as you want (even though Xemnas reportedly still isn't as hard as his KHI incarnation), NOT TO MENTION the fight against Terra's Lingering Sentiment. :cry:

I somewhat agree about KH2. You make very good points and I respect what you say. I on the other hand don't hate KH2 but I don't love it either(not saying thats what you said or meant). I feel like I got a much better and more fullfilled experience in KH then I did in KH2. I really hated the lack of exploration and hidden things you could find in KH2 also. It was like they focused entirely on the story and ignored everything else. I'm also probably one of a few that misses the gummi ship mini games in the first KH game. I use the word "few" very loosely too.
xWoW_Rougex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 xWoW_Rougex
Member since 2009 • 2793 Posts

Sure, I probably would. (But I'd rather see Dragon Quest 8, pleaaasee!!!). I wasn't that big of a fan of Kingdom Hearts, I've never been very fond of Disney characters. The first island and the intro of KH1 was awesome though, still gives me goosebumps when he falls in the water and all that.

Francision69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#36 Francision69
Member since 2007 • 1763 Posts

Nope, never liked the KH series.

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#37 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

Only if they include the Final Mixes.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

That would be nice but make those the final mix versions :P

Final mix 1,2 and re:com. That would be good :)

CellAnimation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 CellAnimation
Member since 2007 • 6116 Posts
I love the HD collections, and hell yes to Kingdom Hearts!
VideoGamerNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 VideoGamerNerd
Member since 2009 • 10530 Posts

Heck yes! Kingdom Hearts is awesome. I would definitely buy it.

Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
YES!!! I'd really like it if they threw some of the smaller titles in there with it, too.
kaythanksbye2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 kaythanksbye2
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

KH1, Re:Chain of Memories and KH2 on one Blu-Ray would be pretty cool, but I don't see it EVER happening.

VideoGamerNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 VideoGamerNerd
Member since 2009 • 10530 Posts

KH1, Re:Chain of Memories and KH2 on one Blu-Ray would be pretty cool, but I don't see it EVER happening.

kaythanksbye2
Why's that?
commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

[QUOTE="kaythanksbye2"]

VideoGamerNerd

Why's that?

Ditto

Didn't the director say he was interested in a KH remake?

And the 10 year anniversary for KH is next year. I wouldn't be suprised if a collection announement just pop out of nowhere.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

yeah, loved the series (yeah, you saw what I did there, the NDS titles are horrible)

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
I'd buy it. I loved those games so much and they would look so great in HD because of that great art style. Hell, I'd rebuy every PS2 game I have if it were in HD and was PS3-ified.
doesntcare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 doesntcare
Member since 2007 • 1219 Posts

Definitely! Though if they were the final mix ones that would be better but really doesnt make it a deal breaker by any means...

ArT33_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ArT33_7
Member since 2009 • 608 Posts

Definitely.

black__bunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 black__bunny
Member since 2008 • 363 Posts

I would, I never got a chance to play it on the PS2 so I would jump at the chance to play it on PS3

MKOHLER2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#50 MKOHLER2009
Member since 2010 • 261 Posts

Probably but there are a lot of other collections that I would like to see more than KH.