Will there be any more RE for PS3!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jimbowesker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 131

User Lists: 4

#1 Jimbowesker
Member since 2009 • 996 Posts
Quick question. I have a passion for the RE games. I own a PS3 and have been with Playstation my whole life. I have owned RE1, RE2, RE3, RECV, RE4 and now RE5. But I am worried there will be no more future Re games for Playstation. I see that Capcom is trying to broaden the console playability by lettin other gamers get to experience the RE greatness. But does anyone think that they will continue giving the console that made the series popular the chance to continue with the greatness of RESIDENT EVIL!!!
xmitchconnorx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 xmitchconnorx
Member since 2007 • 2649 Posts
Well they're releasing a Resident Evil for PSP, so that's nice. There also the possibility of RE2 and RE3 being released on the PSN. As far as more console Resident Evil games it's too early, RE5 just came out.
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
I am pretty sure there will be more. I think there was talk of RE6 already. I am pretty sure they will contiune to make it for the PS3 aswell as other consoles.
xmitchconnorx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 xmitchconnorx
I am pretty sure there will be more. I think there was talk of RE6 already. I am pretty sure they will contiune to make it for the PS3 aswell as other consoles.K1LLR3175
Already? Wow, where did you hear this?
Avatar image for deactivated-58319077a6477
deactivated-58319077a6477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-58319077a6477
Member since 2007 • 4954 Posts
There will be other RE games, I just hope they bring something new with the next one. RE5 was good but it didn't offer anything new.
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#6 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
[QUOTE="K1LLR3175"]I am pretty sure there will be more. I think there was talk of RE6 already. I am pretty sure they will contiune to make it for the PS3 aswell as other consoles.xmitchconnorx

Just talk going around. We all know there will be one.....Just who knows when.
Avatar image for deactivated-58319077a6477
deactivated-58319077a6477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-58319077a6477
Member since 2007 • 4954 Posts
[QUOTE="K1LLR3175"]I am pretty sure there will be more. I think there was talk of RE6 already. I am pretty sure they will contiune to make it for the PS3 aswell as other consoles.xmitchconnorx

Around the development of RE5, the producer of the game was asked if this will be the last he said there will be another.
Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

Why wouldn't there be one for the PS3 is the real question. Do you mean broaden to other consoles? because if so...are you serious? It is a rail shooter. that is about to be realeased.

JCMac120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 JCMac120
Member since 2006 • 2771 Posts
RE will always be on Playstation consoles. They are well known with the Playstation brand and always sell well on this platform. No matter what other consoles the series goes to, it will always be on ours as well. No worries there.
Adz263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Adz263
Member since 2009 • 26 Posts
I'm pretty adamant that there will be another RE for PS3. A good sign of this is that RE portable is being released for PSP, it shows that capcom still support sony
Fabulistic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Fabulistic
Member since 2008 • 71 Posts

You know there will be. Much like there will always be another MGS(MGS:Rising), or another GTA(Agent). RE is too big of a name to just stop making new ones.

What I would like to see is a RE2 remake... that would be epic, IMO.

xmitchconnorx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 xmitchconnorx
RE will always be on Playstation consoles. They are well known with the Playstation brand and always sell well on this platform. No matter what other consoles the series goes to, it will always be on ours as well. No worries there.JCMac120
That's not entirely true. Capcom didn't support RE too much on the PS2. Gamecube got three main series exclusives, the remake, RE Zero, and RE4. RE4 was later ported but the other two never saw PS2. All PS2 got was a Code Veronica port and three very bad spin off titles.
Avatar image for T3h_M3tal_Biggz
T3h_M3tal_Biggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 T3h_M3tal_Biggz
Member since 2008 • 473 Posts

most likely, even though i love capcom i know they milk their franchises for their fans.

Fabulistic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Fabulistic
Member since 2008 • 71 Posts

[QUOTE="JCMac120"]RE will always be on Playstation consoles. They are well known with the Playstation brand and always sell well on this platform. No matter what other consoles the series goes to, it will always be on ours as well. No worries there.xmitchconnorx
That's not entirely true. Capcom didn't support RE too much on the PS2. Gamecube got three main series exclusives, the remake, RE Zero, and RE4. RE4 was later ported but the other two never saw PS2. All PS2 got was a Code Veronica port and three very bad spin off titles.

I remember getting REOutbreak for ps2. Definitley a spin-off and wasn't a turn in the right direction. REOutbreak and Outbreak2 were two of the spin-off titles, can't remember the third.

Their next RE game should have an option to play it with old camera angles. I love the old camera angles!

Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#15 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts

Well they're releasing a Resident Evil for PSP, so that's nice. There also the possibility of RE2 and RE3 being released on the PSN. As far as more console Resident Evil games it's too early, RE5 just came out.xmitchconnorx

Can't wait for it...I'll love to be freaked out while playing my PSP on a bus.

anthonycg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 anthonycg
Member since 2009 • 2017 Posts
RE6 is being made up now. The guys at Capcom were asked when the next game would be out shortly after release. Of coirse no dates were given but one of the guys said that it would probablly be finished around 2012 so don't get yourself too excited.
xmitchconnorx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 xmitchconnorx

[QUOTE="xmitchconnorx"][QUOTE="JCMac120"]RE will always be on Playstation consoles. They are well known with the Playstation brand and always sell well on this platform. No matter what other consoles the series goes to, it will always be on ours as well. No worries there.Fabulistic

I remember getting REOutbreak for ps2. Definitley a spin-off and wasn't a turn in the right direction. REOutbreak and Outbreak2 were two of the spin-off titles, can't remember the third.

Their next RE game should have an option to play it with old camera angles. I love the old camera angles!

The third spin off is Resident Evil: Dead Aim, a pretty bad rail shooter. I would also love to see a new Resident Evil with the old camera angles. RE4 and RE5 just don't feel right, plus no real zombies. I'm hoping that Resident Evil Portable will move in a more classic RE direction.
JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JKnaperek
Member since 2006 • 2023 Posts
True RE:Dead Aim was bad, but it isn't a rail shooter since you can freely roam around. It's more of a first person shooter where you use the gun...and the controls are horrible. And so were the graphics.
konradak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 konradak
Member since 2005 • 1769 Posts

Naa, there will definitely be a sequel to RE, it sells way too much to drop it, and it will definitely be on a Sony console. Unless MS or Nintendo decide to try to make it an exclusive. But I doubt it.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
There was talk of RE 6 not long ago. Could be for PS3 or PS4. My guess is PS4 if you look at how long RE 5 took.
Kurdish-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Kurdish-Gamer
Member since 2008 • 802 Posts
I hope so, and I want one that is not influenced by Gears of War cause I want a survival horror not a TPS game
JCMac120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 JCMac120
Member since 2006 • 2771 Posts
[QUOTE="JCMac120"]RE will always be on Playstation consoles. They are well known with the Playstation brand and always sell well on this platform. No matter what other consoles the series goes to, it will always be on ours as well. No worries there.xmitchconnorx

But Sony already got all the REmakes from their original games. Okay people may have wanted to play the REmakes, but we already had the originals. We get all the main games in the series is what I mean.