This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts

I can't understand why the hell I can't download the Motorstorm 2 demo tooo. But nooooooo they only let the "Quore" subscribers do so. I knew the whole Quore thing was a gimick that would steal content that would be otherwise free from the beginning on PSN. And don't give me that "oh it's only $2.99 crap". I wan't my demos FREEeee, and I refuse to pay for demos that otherwise would've been free. We all should stand together and voice our concerns about this. Motorstorm 1 was available for free from the get go and so should part two. Lately I've been getting more and more reasons as to why I should sell my PS3 for a second time..but I'm tryin to hang in there in hopes that there's better days coming!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 avataraang1
Member since 2006 • 5436 Posts
Premium content, DEAL WITH IT
comeon123987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 comeon123987
Member since 2007 • 118 Posts
so

1324-1.jpg picture by Ivan_Sasukeawdsdf.jpg picture by Ivan_Sasuke

TheSonOfUgly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TheSonOfUgly
Member since 2007 • 1483 Posts
I told people this was going to happen, did anyone listen, nooo
marcl18123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 marcl18123
Member since 2006 • 2050 Posts
its just timed, like the naruto demo. just wait and u can play the demo
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gamer082009
Premium content, DEAL WITH ITavataraang1
WOW, premium content.LOOOOOOOOL. It's nice to see they stooped you into believing that nonsense. Be serious, there's nothing premium about a freakin demo. I can understand the beta's being exclusive. But robbing us for our demo's that we've all come to expect much like PC gamers to be free. Please spare me your attitude! What happened to PSN being so free...now I'm starting to see why I made a purchase error in my PS3 decision.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 avataraang1
[QUOTE="avataraang1"]Premium content, DEAL WITH ITgamer082009
WOW, premium content.LOOOOOOOOL. It's nice to see they stooped you into believing that nonsense. Be serious, there's nothing premium about a freakin demo. I can understand the beta's being exclusive. But robbing us for our demo's that we've all come to expect much like PC gamers to be free. Please spare me your attitude! What happened to PSN being so free...now I'm starting to see why I made a purchase error in my PS3 decision.

Lol fanboy, Oh no I cant play a timed demo early, boo hoo I hate this system
IIJuggaNottII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 IIJuggaNottII
Member since 2008 • 1907 Posts
Boo hoo whatever. Its dumb.
Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts
yep i saw this coming a mile away lol. a demo should not be premium. just a gimick to get people to buy there stuff.
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gamer082009
[QUOTE="gamer082009"][QUOTE="avataraang1"]Premium content, DEAL WITH ITavataraang1

That's not what this is about, it's about Sony touting the "FREE" concept being used for the PS3 for the longest and then pulling shiesty moves like Quore to get you to buy into something that sucks and is the complete opposite of what they so called wanted the PS3 and PSN to stand for. You know, when they were trying to differentiate themselves from their competitors, who I won't name. Plain and simple several people called Quore out for what is was and people, or shall I say Sony fanboys said it was quite the opposite.
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#11 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
OP. I want you to know that you inspired me. Not to go against Sony, but to start yet another trial on Gamespot for 30 days. This time, I'd have to be nice and not even make a snide remark on people OR games. It'd be my hardest one yet.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 avataraang1
[QUOTE="avataraang1"][QUOTE="gamer082009"][QUOTE="avataraang1"]Premium content, DEAL WITH ITgamer082009

That's not what this is about, it's about Sony touting the "FREE" concept being used for the PS3 for the longest and then pulling shiesty moves like Quore to get you to buy into something that sucks and is the complete opposite of what they so called wanted the PS3 and PSN to stand for. You know, when they were trying to differentiate themselves from their competitors, who I won't name. Plain and simple several people called Quore out for what is was and people, or shall I say Sony fanboys said it was quite the opposite.

What is Quore? The main reason of Qore is for betas in all honesty. Thats all it is. Other then that it gives you videos of interviews or gameplay supposedly never seen. (Wouldnt know because I havent bought it) the demo part is just something thrown in. And if you cant honestly wait a week or two to play a demo then go sell your PS3. No ones stopping you
TheSonOfUgly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TheSonOfUgly

OP. I want you to know that you inspired me. Not to go against Sony, but to start yet another trial on Gamespot for 30 days. This time, I'd have to be nice and not even make a snide remark on people OR games. It'd be my hardest one yet. Symphonycometh

Oh that'll never happen:P

SPD_WeBmAsTaH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 SPD_WeBmAsTaH
Member since 2004 • 2668 Posts
You'll get it eventually, it's just that Qore subscribers get it way earlier than the rest do.
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gamer082009
OP. I want you to know that you inspired me. Not to go against Sony, but to start yet another trial on Gamespot for 30 days. This time, I'd have to be nice and not even make a snide remark on people OR games. It'd be my hardest one yet. Symphonycometh
I'm sorry but your mix of sarcasm, and poetry is really not doing so well through your keyboard so I'll act like you never posted in here....next!
Puncherjoe2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 Puncherjoe2
Member since 2006 • 2804 Posts

Anyone Remember how gaming magizines sometimes came with Demo Discs? Same thing.

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Symphonycometh
[QUOTE="Symphonycometh"]OP. I want you to know that you inspired me. Not to go against Sony, but to start yet another trial on Gamespot for 30 days. This time, I'd have to be nice and not even make a snide remark on people OR games. It'd be my hardest one yet. gamer082009
I'm sorry but your mix of sarcasm, and poetry is really not doing so well through your keyboard so I'll act like you never posted in here....next!

lol. Something tells me you never EVER saw all those days I went though self trials. There's no sarcasm in that post. Simply truth as TheSonOfUgly probably already knows....he states I can't do it! XD I think I can. lol

[QUOTE="Symphonycometh"]OP. I want you to know that you inspired me. Not to go against Sony, but to start yet another trial on Gamespot for 30 days. This time, I'd have to be nice and not even make a snide remark on people OR games. It'd be my hardest one yet. TheSonOfUgly

I made it through my argument one, didn't I? :lol::P
junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 junglist101
Member since 2007 • 5517 Posts

Next thing you know they will change the name of "Quore" to "Premium Membership".

The more people purchase Quore to get demos and betas the more demos and betas will be only available on Quore.

TheSonOfUgly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TheSonOfUgly
[QUOTE="gamer082009"][QUOTE="Symphonycometh"]OP. I want you to know that you inspired me. Not to go against Sony, but to start yet another trial on Gamespot for 30 days. This time, I'd have to be nice and not even make a snide remark on people OR games. It'd be my hardest one yet. Symphonycometh

lol. Something tells me you never EVER saw all those days I went though self trials. There's no sarcasm in that post. Simply truth as TheSonOfUgly probably already knows....he states I can't do it! XD I think I can. lol

[QUOTE="Symphonycometh"]OP. I want you to know that you inspired me. Not to go against Sony, but to start yet another trial on Gamespot for 30 days. This time, I'd have to be nice and not even make a snide remark on people OR games. It'd be my hardest one yet. TheSonOfUgly

I made it through my argument one, didn't I? :lol::P

Yeah but 1 month with no snide remarks, i don't think so

I was so tempted to mess with you when you were on youre argue goal

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
what are you crying for didnt you already get to play online games for free?
johnlennon28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 johnlennon28
Member since 2008 • 2158 Posts

...but I'm tryin to hang in there in hopes that there's better days coming!!

gamer082009

so am I buddy, I hope sony wouldnt ruin what ps1 and ps2 has started, and Im hoping sony will be able to pull it off really soon.

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Symphonycometh
^ lol. A lot of people wanted to mess with me during those hardships. :lol: :( I can only imagine the sheer strength it'll take me if I decided to undergo this task.
johnlennon28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 johnlennon28
Member since 2008 • 2158 Posts

^ lol. A lot of people wanted to mess with me during those hardships. :lol: :( I can only imagine the sheer strength it'll take me if I decided to undergo this task. Symphonycometh

may the force be with you, ;) lol

gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 gamer082009
what are you crying for didnt you already get to play online games for free?Dogswithguns
Sure online PSN related games are free, but it's no where near what another service offers that I won't name. If Sony's gonna try to sneak their way into getting people to pay for stuff that they darn well know that's not premium content then they should just start a membership thing and get it over with. And don't try to throw this off topic with a "snide" remark like that! Online games may be free but it severely lacks as compared to it's competitors service and that's the truth.
shadystxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 shadystxxx
Member since 2005 • 2158 Posts

The reason i disliked the idea of Qore in the first place was because i knew thing's like this would start happening.

The reason Qore annoy's me is that i cannot even buy and watch the episode's to get the "premium" content as last time i checked it was not available in the U.K(it may be now,but i doubt it) so these demo's/beta's etc i would have got for free either from the U.K store or the U.S i can no longer get, or i have to wait a few weeks.

It's quite annoying that Sony did this, obviously they cannot just put the demo's out for free on the UK store as U.S consumers would be able to get it for free also but there's nothing stopping them from releasing Qore on the U.K store.

I think Sony being split in three different groups SCEA/SCEE/SCE is a pain in the neck as each group handle's it's own PS store etc so we all get different content at different time's with the european consumer's being the last to get anything and it's usually quite a wait for content, sometimes it's several months before games etc come out on the uk store everyday shooter and echo chrome for example.

It's my main and only concern with the PS3 especially since on my 360 i get 99% of the content the U.S get's on the same day.

It's something we just have to live with as i do not see it changing for E.U consumers, certain games like everyday shooter i was excited for but after the 3 month wait i lost interest as once it was released in the U.S all coverage stopped and it fell of my rader and i never bought it, i don't see why the U.S and U.K cannot just have the same content at the same time, there's no region coding, both store's are in english so i dont see why we have to wait.

voixco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 voixco
Member since 2008 • 128 Posts
It's only a timed exclusive, the demo will be [color=yellow]FREE[/color] to everyone in 30 days.
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#27 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
Subscirbe to qore then. We just get it earlier, it isn't exclusive.
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 gamer082009
It's only a timed exclusive, the demo will be [color=yellow]FREE[/color] to everyone in 30 days.voixco
WOW, I'm sure we all would love to wait a WHOLE month for a demo, that's the kicker part of this whole thing. It's a joke, and for the record I don't expect the actual Quore subscribers to know where I'm coming from because they already fell victim to Sony's shenanigans. Typical average joe for ya!
kb8618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kb8618
Member since 2005 • 1363 Posts

I can't understand why the hell I can't download the Motorstorm 2 demo tooo. But nooooooo they only let the "Quore" subscribers do so. I knew the whole Quore thing was a gimick that would steal content that would be otherwise free from the beginning on PSN. And don't give me that "oh it's only $2.99 crap". I wan't my demos FREEeee, and I refuse to pay for demos that otherwise would've been free. We all should stand together and voice our concerns about this. Motorstorm 1 was available for free from the get go and so should part two. Lately I've been getting more and more reasons as to why I should sell my PS3 for a second time..but I'm tryin to hang in there in hopes that there's better days coming!!

gamer082009
back before the PS3 was out, the only way to get demos for PS1 and PS2 was to buy a $5 magazine, this is basically the same thing, so its just like the old daysm, except that the demo will eventually be available for free for everyone, so youll either have to wait, or get a PSN $ card or credit card
TheSonOfUgly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TheSonOfUgly
[QUOTE="gamer082009"]

kb8618

back before the PS3 was out, the only way to get demos for PS1 and PS2 was to buy a $5 magazine, this is basically the same thing, so its just like the old daysm, except that the demo will eventually be available for free for everyone, so youll either have to wait, or get a PSN $ card or credit card

Well guess what, Times have changed! you can now get demos off a service that provided with the console (Madness I know!!!)

seroisly tech has changed and it seems like sony is going backwards with Qore

FallenGod666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 FallenGod666
Member since 2008 • 66 Posts
:| wow he's kind of mad just cuz he cant play a "Demo"...:) Oh well thats life 4 u.
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Symphonycometh
OP: Blame this on my sleepy attire, but are you the bumblebee guy?

[QUOTE="Symphonycometh"]^ lol. A lot of people wanted to mess with me during those hardships. :lol: :( I can only imagine the sheer strength it'll take me if I decided to undergo this task. johnlennon28

I'm going to need more than the force this time around. lol
Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

Off-topic:

Look how cute this pic is!!!

crybaby

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts

well, i don't necessarily agree with the delivery, TC, i concur on the statement that all demos should be free and available to regular and premium users. Saying that, it is clear that this is a strategy by sony to sell more subscribtions to qore, and chances are that after the game will be released, the demo will become availble to all users. It's all about priority these days.

With that out of the way, frankly, i'm surprised of how many people bashed on TC. Yes, he blew it out a little out of proportion, yet i don't see how people would blindly defend a money drain no matter how cheap it is. Yeah we get free gaming, and no i'm not to spoiled to pay for things when i have to, but i know one thing for sure and that is that demos should be available without any, and I quote TC, "gimicks." just becasue i see sony's strategy here, doesn't mean that i personally agree with it. I'm extremely casual when it comes to demos and the PSN store in general; so a qore subscription is useless, as demos don't motivate me enough to get one, especially MS2, a game i'm 100% not getting.

machiavell8x8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 machiavell8x8
Member since 2008 • 1399 Posts

yah but its only the beginning. and yah mags came with demo disc's, but you also have to remember pc demo's are free...for now at least. and remember what the ps3 slogin was/is

anyways if sony is going to stoop to microso$t's level then this gap is quickly closing. they are letting all these ps3 sales go to there heads or something

voixco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 voixco
Member since 2008 • 128 Posts

[QUOTE="voixco"]It's only a timed exclusive, the demo will be [color=yellow]FREE[/color] to everyone in 30 days.gamer082009
WOW, I'm sure we all would love to wait a WHOLE month for a demo, that's the kicker part of this whole thing. It's a joke, and for the record I don't expect the actual Quore subscribers to know where I'm coming from because they already fell victim to Sony's shenanigans. Typical average joe for ya!

Well, we don't all love it, but we also don't throw temper tantrums over a 30 day wait.

Darks0ldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Darks0ldier
Member since 2004 • 35 Posts
dude seriously calm down. it comes out earlier for them. wow! if core didnt exist i bet it still wouldnt have come out that early.
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 gamer082009
OP: Blame this on my sleepy attire, but are you the bumblebee guy? [QUOTE="johnlennon28"]

[QUOTE="Symphonycometh"]^ lol. A lot of people wanted to mess with me during those hardships. :lol: :( I can only imagine the sheer strength it'll take me if I decided to undergo this task. Symphonycometh

I am the "bumblebee guy", I had to change that pic because I was getting plummeted with haters so, I chose good ol' billionaire Billy Gates to restart a new campaign! And to "fallenGod999," I am actually pissed because I wanted to try this demo but I don't have any money to purchase it because I just bought a plasma that I barely had enough money to pay for from the get go. So excuse me, I am a lil peed off.
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 GreenGoblin2099
[QUOTE="Symphonycometh"]OP: Blame this on my sleepy attire, but are you the bumblebee guy? [QUOTE="johnlennon28"]

[QUOTE="Symphonycometh"]^ lol. A lot of people wanted to mess with me during those hardships. :lol: :( I can only imagine the sheer strength it'll take me if I decided to undergo this task. gamer082009

I am the "bumblebee guy", I had to change that pic because I was getting plummeted with haters so, I chose good ol' billionaire Billy Gates to restart a new campaign! And to "fallenGod999," I am actually pissed because I wanted to try this demo but I don't have any money to purchase it because I just bought a plasma that I barely had enough money to pay for from the get go. So excuse me, I am a lil peed off.

lol bumblebee guy?? yeah, no wonder how this topic has taken this course.

rayjapan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 rayjapan
Member since 2006 • 231 Posts

to pay for demos that otherwise would've been free. We all should stand together and voice our concerns about this. Motorstorm 1 was available for free from the get go and so should part two. Lately I've been getting more and more reasons as to why I should sell my PS3 for a second time..but I'm tryin to hang in there in hopes that there's better days coming!!

gamer082009

Gosh, you make it sound like it's our right to have demos (free or not). Demos is for a game publisher to entice people to buy their games. If they are so confident that their games will sell, they can do whatever they want...like charge us for demos.

Sorry, but you can stand together with others, but count me out... I'm going to be busy at my neighborhood supermarket and complain why every product in my cart doesn't have free samples for me to try. ;)

Avatar image for Meko_Gear_Solid
Meko_Gear_Solid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Meko_Gear_Solid
Member since 2008 • 583 Posts
meh to busy 2 screw round with unfinished demos n id rather wait n enjoy the full unhindered experience anyways for f sakes...
rayjapan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 rayjapan
Member since 2006 • 231 Posts

With that out of the way, frankly, i'm surprised of how many people bashed on TC. Yes, he blew it out a little out of proportion, yet i don't see how people would blindly defend a money drain no matter how cheap it is. Yeah we get free gaming, and no i'm not to spoiled to pay for things when i have to, but i know one thing for sure and that is that demos should be available without any, and I quote TC, "gimicks." just becasue i see sony's strategy here, doesn't mean that i personally agree with it. I'm extremely casual when it comes to demos and the PSN store in general; so a qore subscription is useless, as demos don't motivate me enough to get one, especially MS2, a game i'm 100% not getting.

Rakuho

I would suggest you/we vote with our wallets. If Qore is a bad idea, then don't subscribe to it. IF Qore is surviving, either Sony is dumping money into a money-losing scheme or there are enough people that disagree with you for it to continue. Quite frankly, as long as Microsoft is charging for online access and getting away with it, Qore will survive. They know that many people accepted Microsoft's business model; if the same proportion accept optional premium services, then Qore will survive...

BTW, off-topic, but I'm in Japan and Hollywood movies are sometimes 1 week to 6 months delayed. i.e., Wanted is coming out next week and Ironman isn't even out yet. Yeah, it's a pain, but...you get use to it! Especially if you shift your reference point...I've shifted it and ignored the fact that both movies have been out in the USA for ages.

Ignore that Motorstorm 2 came out on Qore...and just know that it'll be out for free in a few weeks.

ScreamDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ScreamDream
Member since 2006 • 3953 Posts

So Sony wants to make a buck on their free service. Looks like you'll have to buy Qore or just wait.

gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 gamer082009
It's nice to see that 90% of the people here have missed the whole point of what I was aiming @. Anyways, whatever! Sony can shove Quore up their corporate toosh, I won't be buying into Quore **EVER** even if they offer free hookers and candy!! All I'm sayin is, don't tout stuff to be free and make that your slogan and then change horses mid race.
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GreenGoblin2099

It's nice to see that 90% of the people here have missed the whole point of what I was aiming @. Anyways, whatever! Sony can shove Quore up their corporate toosh, I won't be buying into Quore **EVER** even if they offer free hookers and candy!! All I'm sayin is, don't tout stuff to be free and make that your slogan and then change horses mid race. gamer082009

Oh no!! Sony must be so worried right now.

Avatar image for XPrivateRyan22X
XPrivateRyan22X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 XPrivateRyan22X
Member since 2006 • 719 Posts

[QUOTE="avataraang1"]Premium content, DEAL WITH ITgamer082009

WOW, HAHAHAH I don't think you should be allowed to play video games with that kind of an attitude. Other than the premium content on the PSN such as games, add ons, and what not have you ever had to pay a cent to use the PSN? NO! I personally I am not really into the games and add ons that the PSN or Xbox live offer so I never really ever buy anything. On my PS3 I can never turn it on and I will still know that I am not paying anything. With my Xbox I almost feel obligated to play it and download every free thing it realeases on the marketplace because I know I wouldn't be getting my moneys worth if I didn't. Do you honestly think that Sony is trying to make back a profit through charging 2.99 for a premium demo? I like the fact that I have the opportunity to get into betas and get to play demos that not everyone else does. $2.99 is pocket change to most people so those who want to play will pay it. HAHA I hope you think things through next time before you post garbage like that on the internet.

420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 420Token420
Member since 2007 • 5173 Posts

Really? When did Sony say EVERYTHING online would be free? Oh wait they didn't ..

All Sony said from the very beginning was .. You would not have to PAY for a membership to play online, never said everything they release on the PSN is going to be free ..

You are just one of those people who will never be satisfied with what you have .. it's ok, as it doesn't make you a bad person, but you are wrong in this case. Wait thirty days and don't get your panties in a knot with all this FREE mumbo jumbo ..

machiavell8x8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 machiavell8x8
Member since 2008 • 1399 Posts

$3 a month is dam near how much microsoft is charging for a year subscription, and no $3 is not chump change these days when you consider everything else. penny here penny there....it all adds up and everything in life is like that except for doctors :(

i mean $3 will get me enough bubblegum to last me a month one piece a day....and id venture to say id get more entertainment out of that then i would quore