WHY is there going to be a 3rd Final Fantasy XIII???! XIII series is horrendous.

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 soundcellx
Member since 2006 • 976 Posts

The XIII series sucks. Who asked for Lightning to Return? Go away Lightning, go die a miserable lonely death, Lightning, nobody likes you. Go away so that Final Fantasy can return as spectacular as it once was, so long ago.

Squeenix are a bunch of morons. They can't make a proper Final Fantasy game anymore and they're bleeding money, so is that the reason why they are just reusing resources to regurgitate and recycle the XIII series more and more? 

I hope it follows the same trend with XIII and XIII-2 and XIII-3 sells even less than before.

Squeenix are brain damaged trolls who have ruined my favorite series of all time. It makes me angry and I wish we could see another good TRADITIONAL STYLE Final Fantasy that is up there in quality with FF7-FF10. 

Why does Squeenix not have the talent and vision to make a great, epic and proper Final Fantasy anymore?

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
FFXIII was fine to me. Not interested in XIII-3 though. The best thing about XIII is the combat engine, which is only fun when battles are hard and make you have to get your paradigms right. XIII-2 made all the battles a cake walk and reduced your battle party from 6 to 2. XIII-3 is reducing it from two to one. XIII could be decent for me but each game makes the good parts worse and worse.
soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 soundcellx

FFXIII was fine to me. Not interested in XIII-3 though. The best thing about XIII is the combat engine, which is only fun when battles are hard and make you have to get your paradigms right. XIII-2 made all the battles a cake walk and reduced your battle party from 6 to 2. XIII-3 is reducing it from two to one. XIII could be decent for me but each game makes the good parts worse and worse.Senor_Kami

^that's funny to me though.

lack of world map

lack of exploration

lack of interactive townz

lack of customization

^all those are right up there for faults in FFXIII, as much as the abysmal combat system in which you only control one character and mash X and R1. Even when you input the actions manually, there's only like several to choose from, unlike all the other Final Fantasies, where there are dozens of different attacks and magics to choose from. Also, in FFXIII you don't control all the party members.  

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

I asked for it. Bought the first 2 and will buy the next one. Long Live Lightning!

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 soundcellx

I asked for it. Bought the first 2 and will buy the next one. Long Live Lightning!

StrongBlackVine

Yes, I realize that you are a troll because you thrive on classic beloved franchises being ruined. You probably even like DmC. Anyhow, you would be asking for it, since it's quite obvious that your taste is trash.

Anyway, I am trying to figure out who your avatar is.  

-Vulpix-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 -Vulpix-
Member since 2008 • 2564 Posts

I also did like Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy XIII-2 so I'll be getting Lightning Returns as well, and I also did like Lightning.

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 soundcellx

I also did like Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy XIII-2 so I'll be getting Lightning Returns as well, and I also did like Lightning.

-Vulpix-

No wonder video games are crap these days, with people like you buying every piece of crap that comes out.

Hoping we can get a real Final Fantasy game again, someday. 

happy_dude64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 happy_dude64
Member since 2007 • 994 Posts

Why do you keep posting when everything you say is pure bull crap opinion. It's called a blog, use it.

happy_dude64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 happy_dude64

By the way 7+ were the good games that started the downward trend. 4 and 6 are the best, so shut the crap up.

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 soundcellx

By the way 7+ were the good games that started the downward trend. 4 and 6 are the best, so shut the crap up.

happy_dude64

Nah.

7 is the best. 

7+ may have influenced the downward trend, but 7 isn't ultimately to blame. More important factors were the Spirits Within movie that had as much to do with Final Fantasy as the XIII series does, and made Square go broke and merge with Enix. It's been crap ever since. Also, the same people who worked on the best Final Fantasy games, are no longer with SE, but instead the Final Fantasy series is unfortunately left in the untalented hands of Toriyama and co.

What you're saying is similar to Resident Evil 4. However, Resident Evil 4 was awesome, yes, it indeed caused the terrible RE5 and RE6 to happen and REsident Evil sucks now (aside from REvelations). However, RE4 is a great game in its own right. RE4 did not make the decision to turn the series into crap. 

Why do you keep posting when everything you say is pure bull crap opinion. It's called a blog, use it.

happy_dude64

By the way 7+ were the good games that started the downward trend.

happy_dude64

Oh, so you agree that the Final Fantasy series has been on a downward trend. Thanks for supporting me. 

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

They keep releasing FXIII games to delay the production of Versus, which is never ever going to come out. Ever.

happy_dude64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 happy_dude64

Not once did I say the game got terrible like your pessimistic mind. I said downward trend, not crap games. I owe all and enjoy them all INCLUDING 13 and 13-2. So suck it, cuss not once did I agree with you.

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 soundcellx

Not once did I say the game got terrible like your pessimistic mind. I said downward trend, not crap games.

cuss not once did I agree with you.

happy_dude64

I will take your comment "downward trend", as in partial agreement.

Again, you have my deepest thanks. No need for cussing though, else your mom might wash your mouth out with soap. 

happy_dude64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 happy_dude64

Then that just shows how pessismic you think. Downward trend=/=crap. Learn to have a broader mind. Also crap=/=cuss, stop being so childish.

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 soundcellx

Then that just shows how pessismic you think. Downward trend=/=crap. Learn to have a broader mind.

happy_dude64

cuss not once did I agree with you.

happy_dude64

Downward trend = not as good as before. So, you are in partial agreement.  

Also, if having a broader mind equates to liking crap like Final Fantasy XIII series and other crap like DmC, NG3, RE ORC, modern Splinter Cell, RE5 & RE6, etc., then I don't want to have a broader mind. Better to like good things rather than bad things.

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

^that's funny to me though.

lack of world map

lack of exploration

lack of interactive townz

lack of customization

^all those are right up there for faults in FFXIII, as much as the abysmal combat system in which you only control one character and mash X and R1. Even when you input the actions manually, there's only like several to choose from, unlike all the other Final Fantasies, where there are dozens of different attacks and magics to choose from. Also, in FFXIII you don't control all the party members.  

soundcellx

I could give a crap about a world map.  That has a zero factor on how much I enjoy a game.  No JRPG I've played has exploration at a decent level outside of Pokemon. That's what I turn to stuff like Skyrim for. I don't think any JRPG towns are interesting either. If I wanted interesting towns with stuff to do, I'd play Fallout or something.  In JRPGs they're just places where you read one line of frivolous dialog from NPCs, buy stuff and craft stuff. You could still buy and craft stuff in XIII so I didn't miss them at all. As far as customization, it was about as customized as the JRPGs I've played (customization solely through the items, weapons, and armor you equip) so I don't see that as a complaint worth saying unless it's being waved against the genre as a whole.

I thought the spells were fine. You can debuff and buff as you please. Auto battle is fine to me as well. JRPG battles are easy for me. Equip something that lets me see what the elemental affinity is, then I attack with that. If the enemy is in a group, you do area of effect. There's basically no times where you'd not want to do that because it just makes sense. Maybe in realtime this stuff is harder (it's not as real-time in JRPG usually just means really crap button mashy combat that is uber **** compared to games that actually don't want to have some of the worst action combat that's beneath NES beat em ups ie Tales of Vesperia) but in a turn based games it's not difficult and it doesn't add to the fun. It's just tedious, especially if you're someone like me who wants max out characters and will be doing a ton of battles when it's all said and done. You're just digging through menus to find the painfully obvious spell. I liked that XIII just trashed the tedium of it and rather than making the combat about doing the obvious things, it made it about making good paradigms and switching them properly. It's not for everyone, but I loved it. It's like playing a coach on a team full of experts and your goal is to assemble the right players and put them in the right positions and call the right plays for them to execute.

As far as the party, I like having characters in my party that that have storylines and personalities and I also like the options you get from having character that you can develop.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 StrongBlackVine

soundcellx

The "new" Lara Croft....

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 StrongBlackVine

Not as good as before does not equal crap as you speak. Learn to have better judgement on other's opinions, idiot.

happy_dude64

He is so negative. There is no point in trying to reason with him.

happy_dude64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 happy_dude64

[QUOTE="happy_dude64"]

Not as good as before does not equal crap as you speak. Learn to have better judgement on other's opinions, idiot.

StrongBlackVine

He is so negative. There is no point in trying to reason with him.

Tell me about it. He's going to end up like the Cat Lady from the Simpsons. In case you don't know old Simpsons, he's going to grow old and alone. That's probably why he is so pessimistic about everything, he just needs a friend...or a tumbleweed to play with.

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 soundcellx

happy_dude64

You're calling me the idiot, yet you're the one who does not know how to read. I will post this AGAIN (note how I didn't necessarily state that it is crap (despite the FFXIII series really being crap)):

Downward trend = not as good as before. 

^can you read that better now that it is in bigger fonts and in red? 

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

StrongBlackVine

The "new" Lara Croft....

Stop lying to me. 

That is not Lara Croft, genius. I have played Tomb Raider games before, and that is not anything like her. So, I will ask again, "Who is your avatar?".  

idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts

i thought ff13 was a good game, but not good enough for me to buy the second. although it is the worst ff game i have played, mind you ive only played FF10(my fav game of all time), X-2 and 12(also one of my favourite games). despite what you think, the 13 series still does sell well because they are final fantasy. and if they sell well, they might as well make a new one since it is much easier. they use the same engine, same graphics and battle mechanics and stuff, they don't have to make anything new.

its all about money man, they are just milking this gen as much as possible so they won't be expected to release versus, or any ff game next gen for a long ass time. what i really hate about them is that not only do they take long ass time to make games and delay them, they release these random teaser trailers out of nowhere, and then you don't hear from them for another god knows how many years. i mean taking your time is cool and all, id prefer they take their time to make a quality game, but don't release some BS trailer for no reason and then say nothing about it. it is ridiculous.

i don't know what their marketing department is thinking, cuz they don't know how to hype for jack. who the hell releases a random trailer and then no word on it for tons of years. square enix is definately losing their quality and respect from a lot of gamers. either way i don't think they care as much since the 13 series is selling well. ps2 had 2 ff game releases (x-2 doesn't count), and ps one had 3 i think. this gen its all about milking it dry.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#25 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
i am interested in it, thought having some kind of time limit seems kind of lame
dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts
This thread makes no sense. You have your opinion and that's all fine. However, you can't denounce other people's opinion simply because it differs from yours. I happen to think FFVI (FF III in US) is the best FF of all time, better than FF VII. I liked FFXIII. I have FFXIII-2 but haven't played it yet. I'll likely get FFXIII-3 simply because I mostly enjoy the Final Fantasy series. Doesn't mean I liked them all. I didn't enjoy FFIX or FFXI. Point being is that everyone has their opinion especially with the Final Fantasy series and while you may not agree with it, you should at least respect it.
H_M_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 H_M_1
Member since 2011 • 1150 Posts
This thread makes no sense. You have your opinion and that's all fine. However, you can't denounce other people's opinion simply because it differs from yours. I happen to think FFVI (FF III in US) is the best FF of all time, better than FF VII. I liked FFXIII. I have FFXIII-2 but haven't played it yet. I'll likely get FFXIII-3 simply because I mostly enjoy the Final Fantasy series. Doesn't mean I liked them all. I didn't enjoy FFIX or FFXI. Point being is that everyone has their opinion especially with the Final Fantasy series and while you may not agree with it, you should at least respect it. dalger21
Don't tell me you don't know soundcellx. There is no point arguing with him/her.
Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#28 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

I guess im going to be the only one who agrees with you. It's not even a real rpg anymore. 

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 StrongBlackVine

Stop lying to me. 

That is not Lara Croft, genius. I have played Tomb Raider games before, and that is not anything like her. So, I will ask again, "Who is your avatar?".  

soundcellx

LOL so you have already played the Tomb Raider being released next month? This is the NEW Lara...get used to her.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#30 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

So you haven't liked the franchise since X and you're still complaining about it 11 years later?

Good grief, go play something else then.

NodakJo2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 NodakJo2010
Member since 2010 • 1061 Posts

[QUOTE="-Vulpix-"]

soundcellx

No wonder video games are crap these days, with people like you buying every piece of crap that comes out.

XIII was alright...Battle system was a little wonky after getting some used to, but in the end i preferred it over the active time bar. Nothing beats conditional turn based though...or XII's free roam feeling....or VI's story telling...or I's simplicity.

It is what I love about an anthology rather than actual sequels...Should they stop with XIII already and move on? Yeah probably...but there are enough people out there that will find enjoyment out of it.

IMO Square should ditch Enix and let Enix be on their own again for competition. I never like many, not all of them, but there are very few Enix games I have liked. Where when it was squaresoft I enjoyed a crap ton of games. Enix merger is ruining them.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

[QUOTE="-Vulpix-"]

NodakJo2010

XIII was alright...Battle system was a little wonky after getting some used to, but in the end i preferred it over the active time bar. Nothing beats conditional turn based though...or XII's free roam feeling....or VI's story telling...or I's simplicity.

It is what I love about an anthology rather than actual sequels...Should they stop with XIII already and move on? Yeah probably...but there are enough people out there that will find enjoyment out of it.

IMO Square should ditch Enix and let Enix be on their own again for competition. I never like many, not all of them, but there are very few Enix games I have liked. Where when it was squaresoft I enjoyed a crap ton of games. Enix merger is ruining them.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution was an amazing game, Hitman was well received and Tomb Raider is shaping up well. I think Square Enix is a good thing.

crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

Why is there 3 Final Fantasy XIII games, i will explain.

1.Final Fantasy XIII games are critically and financially successful, whether you like it or not.

2.Final Fantasy XIII already has alot of assets/mythology/characters/story that they can reuse, so the sequels are nowhere near as expensive or time consuming to make as something like Versus or Final Fantasy 14.

3.The overwhelming majority of Square Enix Japan is working to fix the FF14 debacle that SE got itself into, so even if they wanted to make FF15 or something like that, they dont have the manpower to do it right now.

The game you should be angry at is Final Fantasy 14, not the 13 games that are keeping Square Enix alive right now. Hopefully Square Enix will learn from their mistakes this gen and focus on what they did right with Eidos, they could be a powerhouse publisher if they use their talent/IPs correctly, we will have to see what happens though.

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 soundcellx

Deus Ex: Human Revolution was an amazing game, Hitman was well received and Tomb Raider is shaping up well. I think Square Enix is a good thing.

StrongBlackVine

Eidos developed those games, not Squeenix. Squeenix only owns Eidos. Eidos is very talented. Squeenix has no talent, aside from owning Eidos.  

And yes, I am just as angry over stupid FF14 as I am FF13. An MMO is not a real Final Fantasy game. MMOs suck and always have horrible clunky combat and you have to keep rebuying your game every month.

daniel79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 daniel79
Member since 2006 • 509 Posts

[QUOTE="NodakJo2010"]

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

StrongBlackVine

All of those games you mentioned are not as, amazing, as you claim.

The past iterations of those games were considrably better, it has to be said. Whether it is the same case with Tomb raider is anyones guess. But considering what the very first game was like (Back when it first came out considering what else there was at the time) and going by whats percived as "Amazing" nowdays that'll probably be a fit fat No.

xGamePlayerx19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 xGamePlayerx19
Member since 2008 • 379 Posts

I thought FFXIII was pretty good. At first I did dislike it but once I got the feel for the battle system(mainly when the game starts to kick in and get a little challenging) , it was all good from there on.

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 soundcellx

I thought FFXIII was pretty good. At first I did dislike it but once I got the feel for the battle system(mainly when the game starts to kick in and get a little challenging) , it was all good from there on.

xGamePlayerx19

Final Fantasy XIII was not an RPG. FFXIII did not have any exploration in it. No world map. No interactive townz. No sidequests. Only linear hallways. For battles, mash x and R1 to win.

So, how is it possible to like Final Fantasy XIII? There isn't even enough gameplay in it to be considered a video game, and it's nothing like a Final Fantasy game or RPG. So, why do you think this inferior piece of filthy crap is pretty good when it sucks really bad? 

nekrothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 nekrothing
Member since 2008 • 387 Posts

3.The overwhelming majority of Square Enix Japan is working to fix the FF14 debacle that SE got itself into, so even if they wanted to make FF15 or something like that, they dont have the manpower to do it right now.crimsonman1245

Chances are Square will just rename Versus XIII to XV and release it on a next gen console.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

Easily able to reuse assets using the White Engine and profit off of that.

Also, they're recouping losses from FFXIV.

Best thing about a new gen coming? Pretty much resets the chalkboard for all companies. Gives them all a chance again, to bring forth new ideas.

Bubble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40 Bubble_Man
Member since 2006 • 3100 Posts

The last game of the series I really liked was FF9. It's dead to me whether they continue the XIII story or not.

DaRq_MiNoS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 DaRq_MiNoS
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts

[QUOTE="xGamePlayerx19"]

soundcellx

Final Fantasy XIII was not an RPG. FFXIII did not have any exploration in it. No world map. No interactive townz. No sidequests. Only linear hallways. For battles, mash x and R1 to win.

So, how is it possible to like Final Fantasy XIII? There isn't even enough gameplay in it to be considered a video game, and it's nothing like a Final Fantasy game or RPG. So, why do you think this inferior piece of filthy crap is pretty good when it sucks really bad?

Here you go dude: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRSYhLn4RCI

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

[QUOTE="NodakJo2010"]

daniel79

All of those games you mentioned are not as, amazing, as you claim.

The past iterations of those games were considrably better, it has to be said. Whether it is the same case with Tomb raider is anyones guess. But considering what the very first game was like (Back when it first came out considering what else there was at the time) and going by whats percived as "Amazing" nowdays that'll probably be a fit fat No.

Human Revolution was legit amazing to me. I love that game and hope they make a sequel.

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 soundcellx

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

[QUOTE="xGamePlayerx19"]

DaRq_MiNoS

Here you go dude: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRSYhLn4RCI

Doesn't apply to me since I love lots of games. I love FF7, FF9, FF10 and FF12. I love Super Mario RPG, I love Yoshi's Island, I love the Souls games, I love Metroid Prime series and Donkey Kong Country series (hate Returns tho), and lots of old games. So, therefore, your youtube vid doesn't work on me.

happy_dude64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 happy_dude64

Video says as you grow older you turn cynical. All those games you named are over a decade old besides one...

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 soundcellx

Video says as you grow older you turn cynical. All those games you named are over a decade old besides one...

happy_dude64

Apparently you are not very smart, since in the video the doctor says, "Stan as you get older, everything you used to like start looking like ****...your wires got crossed and everything looks and sounds like ****". 

Well, that doesn't apply to me at all. So, you should make sure you know what you're talking about before posting so you don't come off as stupid.

mav_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mav_destroyer
Member since 2005 • 3073 Posts

Dude calm down, I don't like FF XIII either and I'm not very amused at the fact they wasted 12 months on a useless tech demo when they should be working on other games like versus or kingdom hearts. Games and developers have changed, just play the games you like or find new ones and move on.

Unless you're trolling then troll on.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

FFXIII was pretty good, FFXIII-2 was crap. I'll buy FFXIII-3 just to finish off the trilogy, I hope it's better than XIII-2.

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 soundcellx

Unless you're trolling then troll on.

mav_destroyer

I am not the one trolling. The people who ruined and the people who support Final Fantasy being ruined are the trolls. 

Final Fantasy used to be my favorite video game series of all time, so you expect me to be happy that the trolls turned Final Fantasy into some bare bones shallow current gen piece of bull**** that doesn't even resemble a JRPG?

FFXIII was pretty good, FFXIII-2 was crap. I'll buy FFXIII-3 just to finish off the trilogy, I hope it's better than XIII-2.

Bigboi500

XIII was awful. Hardly any gameplay at all that it shouldn't be considered a game or considered to be an RPG either.  

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

...so that Final Fantasy can return as spectacular as it once was,...

soundcellx

I wished for this so long. But after so many years Square Enix fails since the massive fail that XIV was and still is started and is only ever and ever revolving around XIV, VS and ports of Pre-Epic-Era FF's or IOS / Handheld Device Games / brands....

....AND furthermore not a SINGLE WORD about a POSSIBLE Final Fantasy XV, neither ANYBODY ON ANY FORUM ON HERE EVER ASKED FOR IT or showed any interest in it.....

....I guess even the most hardcore fan of old times of Squaresoft Epic and Glory should just finally accept this one simple truth:

Square is Dead

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

Bigboi500
FFXIII-2 can go run and jump off a cliff... admittedly I'm "interested" in XIII-3 though, if only to see how well they handle time travel