Why is KILLZONE2 a good game?

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Caprellid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Caprellid
Member since 2008 • 249 Posts

Before bashing, please read my opinion before contributing. How is this a good game that deserves a 9.0 rating? I realized the graphics were really good, but the blurring effect and the terrible A.I makes this game kind of lame? I noticed that the A.I was pretty messed up. When I walked behind the higs, they automatically knew where I was...even if I was from behind them. The aiming really isnt that great, and the blurring effect makes it seems like im high when I am playing it. The modern warfare 2 single player seems to beat this by far. Anyone else agree? I haven't tried the multiplayer yet though, so I can't judge on that.

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
The ai really isn't the main problem I have with this game.... an 8 tops for me.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#3 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

Before bashing, please read my opinion before contributing. How is this a good game that deserves a 9.0 rating? I realized the graphics were really good, but the blurring effect and the terrible A.I makes this game kind of lame? I noticed that the A.I was pretty messed up. When I walked behind the higs, they automatically knew where I was...even if I was from behind them. The aiming really isnt that great, and the blurring effect makes it seems like im high when I am playing it. The modern warfare 2 single player seems to beat this by far. Anyone else agree? I haven't tried the multiplayer yet though, so I can't judge on that.

Caprellid
I totally agree...KZ2 was completly overrated...the graphics can be nice for...what...10 minutes? then you get to hate the blurry effect. the controllers are just bad...not to mention problems like controller delay and stuff... and some of the things are way too realistic...try to hit someone while you shoot and strafe(without the sights) is nearly impossible to hit someone like that! and the recoil in the weapons was way too big, make it far less than enjoyable to shoot them, I have no idea why did gamespot put that a pro was "guns are fun to shoot" they are not

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
The Characters were lame, the plot was bad, the gunplay were meh, and the set pieces were bad.
justin01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 justin01
Member since 2004 • 857 Posts

Killzone 2is awesome, and that's that.

RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

In fact, I dont agree with TC at all. I dont mind the blur effects because most console games use them and they only happen when there is quick movement. I thought the aiming was perfect and the graphics were cool including the amazing animations. I also love the great atmosphere and its much more than COD. The multiplayer in Killzone 2 is just miles ahead IMO with more deep maps and great classes. This game deserves more love from people who know how to appreciate a good unique game. Just because it doest play like COD doesnt mean its bad.

winner-ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 winner-ps3
Member since 2007 • 2364 Posts
well i loved it, its just totally different than other fps, art style, the powerfull feel the the guns, the world itself is just new and fresh, yeah the controls are slow but i love the feel, the cover system is great, that should be standard in all fps i believe in some way, graphix ofcourse are ridiculous, best on consoles with uncharted2 And i was hooked on the online like crack! getting all the abilities, how each class really made the game feel different each time, the team work, honestly it was the first time where i felt comunication and teamwork really made a difference online! the game online modes changing on the fly, so much fun! I do understand its not for everyone, it turned out to be a harcore game i believe, not a mainstream casual twitch shoot like modern warefare. Note my fave FPS this gen are MW1 and KZ2 but edge to KZ2 (note i dont like mw2 its basically mw1.5 more of the same is not fun for me) thats just me tho...
Caprellid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Caprellid

Hmmm well I am still eager to finish this game nevertheless...The graphics still keep me intrigued for now..(just got a ps3 by the way and loving it). Hopefully I'll learn to enjoy it and get hooked onto it..just got to the point where I shot down that lightning rod...and met up with RICO and holding waves of enemies with that new machine gun..I don't know if I am just really bad or not...but my screen quickly turns gray and red sometimes if you know what I mean haha

samuraiguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 samuraiguns
Member since 2005 • 11588 Posts

the A.I was the best in the business...

I had more problems with rico and the endgame.

Sokittoya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Sokittoya
Member since 2007 • 261 Posts

lol you just need some time to get used to the controls. Once you get them down they will feel natural, and having that weighted feeling makes the shooting all the more rewarding. I see what you mean about the blur effects, but they were never a big deal to me. The game still looked great. I enjoyed the campaign alot. The story was ok, but the gameplay was lots of fun, especially the cover system. It just felt natural. The campaign is super weak compared to the multiplayer though. All the weapons and classes are balanced and different. The level design is top notch. I especially love blood gracht, best multiplayer map ever made. Its a shame you aren't enjoying it that much. Hopefully you'll think otherwise about the multiplayer. I'm sorry all these haters can't enjoy a great game. I managed to enjoy both MW2, and KZ2, although i prefer KZ2 due to the balance and level design.

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

Story was ok, nothing special. Controls were fine. Characters sucked. Final boss was meh. And to be honest, I didn't find the multiplayer to be great. It was just okay.

Eazy1891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Eazy1891
Member since 2009 • 3089 Posts

it was all done on purpose actually...i deff feel where your coming from but you can turn off the blurriness and you can change stuff to your liking....the helghast are meant to look like a super soldier...so yeah their smarts would be up there.....the tightness is also on purpose to make you feel like youre actually carrying a lot of weight and not just a few things...i understand why people dont like this game and its because theyre used to COD and thats fine...but COD this is not and its a different and unique way to the FPS genre....

Avatar image for UnknownElement4
UnknownElement4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 UnknownElement4
Member since 2008 • 2603 Posts

I found the game to be quite mediocre. I did like the story-mode more than I did in Modern Warfare 2. Though, I will say in Killzone 2 the multiplayer was lacking. But hey, the graphics were real good.

Papadrach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Papadrach
Member since 2008 • 1965 Posts

Campaign offered nothing spectacular, very few guns, AI isn't that great. They make good graphics out of the shades of brown white and black. They're pretty good, but nothing special due to the colors used. The models are decent, i hate looking at the hands of my character cause they look like they belong on PS2, yet the gun models look nice.

MP isnt really that fun. Once you unlock the sniper and the badges that let u mix and match, theres really nothing else. The maps are nice but there arent that many. I feel stupid because i bought the DLC for Beachhead(only because it brought back memories) and Southern HIlls or whatever. Too bad i cant play them because every DLC room requires the other DLC maps. Another point in the MP is that there arent much weapons. Theres 3 to four main guns that are used. 1.ISA Assualt Rifle.. 2.Sniper...3.SMG..4. Shotgun. Other than those, the others are rarely used, which gets boring. Plus i dont like how you never have to use the sites on the Automatic guns because you can hip fire headshots across the map. Or atleast really far.

munkeypoo45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 munkeypoo45
Member since 2008 • 3221 Posts

killzone 2 was a great game. the AI was great they knew where to take cover and could flank whenever. the story wasnt the greatest but it still kept u intrested. but my favorite thing about killzone 2 is the atmosphere. it really feels like u are on helghan and seems like u are in the war. thats why it's a good game.

Wins7roL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Wins7roL
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
its not a good game :)
danxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 danxxx
Member since 2005 • 687 Posts
i like it, its a 8.5 for me.... single player was ok and multiplayer is kind of fun.
CleanNJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 CleanNJerk
Member since 2009 • 2104 Posts
It's a fun game. that's the most important part to me. But like you explained before it has a lot of problems with controls & friendly AI. But I like Killzone 2 & think it's worth that 9 & the multiplayer was WAY awesome compared to the campaign. Though MW2 has the best FPS campaign of all time I think.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Well, it's mostly hype and marketing. But everybody has an opinion.

I've played the demo and didn't care much for it.

GamingKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 GamingKidX
Member since 2010 • 329 Posts
KZ2 is overrated. End of story.
BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I loved Killzone 2, the story may not be the best around, but it was great nonetheless. I also enjoy the multiplayer from time to time.

The_saint1976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 The_saint1976
Member since 2003 • 258 Posts
I spit pepsi out my nose when theTC said the AI was terrible, its clear he never played or seen this game in action.
Caprellid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Caprellid

well then I guess you never tried or bothered shooting the helghans from the back...cause they'll know you are there even when you are 50 feet away behind them..EXAMPLE? I was just playing it right now..and when colonel radec uses the artillery and you go under the bridge..you enter the sewers and theres two helghans talking to each other about radec killing the grunts. You are CLEARLY behind them..but as soon as you look and aim at them from the back they already know you are there..

what kind of A.I is that? One that has 360 degree vision?

Do me a favor and try it out before you "spit" some more pepsi and post on this thread.

Thanks.

Ninja_Zombie83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#24 Ninja_Zombie83
Member since 2009 • 1893 Posts
IMO its not. I thought the multiplayer was too chaotic, the classes weren't very customizable, controls were heavy and clunky, the guns were few and the story was horrible. Graphics, hype, gore , and a fresh fps pushed the rating if you ask me.
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

The AI is much better than majority of the shooters out there, if you can't realize that then you're not speaking objectively at all.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts
everything is overrated in somebody's point of, get over it; imho, it is a pretty decent game, everyone talks about the graphics but the dynamic score which sucks you right into the game along with more natural handling (no universal soldier or commando on speed movement) were the highlights, on top of everything it let you select a controller button layout to which you are more familiar with... i played the online for some time as well and the fluid transition between the game modes within a single match is a blast... the only thing i can complain about the game is that no walls are destructible, but oh wait, this is the same situation with every single fps excluding the bf series, yay for total destructibility... :)
M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#27 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

Awesome graphics, Great AI, Realistic gunplay, Fun online.

Overal amazing game - 9/10

Avatar image for paperdollparade
paperdollparade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 paperdollparade
Member since 2007 • 1915 Posts

Well I just Disagree with TC. I loved the controls, the blurring was well done, I love the way the character models look. what makes Killzone 2 really great imo though is the really well designed maps, atmosphere, and changing objectives of warzone along with the controls. you may not like them but I prefer them to the COD, Halo, and Resistance 2 controls. the controls are something you need a little time to get use to especially if your coming off are very arcadey shooter like COD and Resistance. completely deserves the 9/10 in my book. and my God! have you seen the online graphics!

oh and the blood and death animations are fantastic!

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#29 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

boring game (incl. online) , horrible controls , good graphics - that's my impression

i have this game but cannot play it anyomre , stopped after few hours of playing because it was frustrating , not the difficulty but the game itself

YoungSinatra25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30 YoungSinatra25
Member since 2009 • 4314 Posts
The MW2/KZ2 debate... Graphics= KZ2, Controls= MW2, Campaign story= neither, MP= debatable (MW2 would win but to many glitches and hit detection/latencey issues) Sound= neither (BF:BC2)... What could make MW2 better? Fix MP, seriously! What could make KZ2 better? co-op, better controls, plus it should have shipped with more then 8 MP maps,.. I personally liked KZ2 weapons and their characteristics. Bullets make weapons recoil, who knew? Plus shotgun pellets that dont disappear after 30ft. But lets be honest both could have been way better...
WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

After Killzone 2 was released, it became the most underrated game of 2009. People make so many excuses over the controls that amazes me why is that when you can configure the controls to a similar "COD control ****", they even added and option for you to aim even more precise. The AI is one of the best in the business, OP idk where you get that it sucks, maybe you played it on normal? Try it on Elite mode and come and say the same thing which I highly doubt unless you are just plain hating on the game.

Overall, Killzone comparing to other console FPSs, is the more polished and less glitchy game with supierior graphics and solid gameplay which obviously is overlooked and underappreciated.

solidwarrior2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#32 solidwarrior2
Member since 2008 • 256 Posts

Haze and Damnation have 10 time worse AI than KZ 2, Killzone is a functional fun shooter with an intense capaign and cool multiplayer options, the only bad aspect about the game that is the contrlos feel a bit slow when steering.

if you think it's a bad game then that is your opinion sir.

hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#33 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
well never had a problem with the ai and I thought the change in gunplay was rather realistic for the scenario you are placed in. You try running at top speed with a saw or equivalent. It ain't happening. You try aiming perfectly with all that crap going on in a war zone it ain't happening unless you are a sniper set on a hill 1 mile away from the action.
TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TheEldestGod
Member since 2010 • 4142 Posts
The AI was messed up!? KZ2 has some of the smartest AI there is! Of course they know where you are! This isn't a stealth game, dude, its freakin' war, and the Higs know you're coming! Real people can hear an soldier carrying 70lbs of gear's freakin' footsteps, so why does that make the Higs stupid? The graphics are waaaay above average. I thought this game was so freaking amazing looking and action packed. Sure, the story wasn't all that great, but even MW2 could have explained themselves a bit better. The motion blur is fantastic. It only happens when you turn real fast. Do me a favor: turn real fast! What did you see? A big blur, right!? Yeah! That's real life, dude!! :P Anyway, so what makes KZ2 great? I say its the superior graphics and phenomenally dark, gritty artstyle. Its the awesome utilitarian weight and feel of the guns. Its the amazing AI that aren't gonna cut the crybabies any slack. Its the innovative cover system that actually allowed you to fire from cover and looked great, too. Its the great online multiplayer that allows you to change your class on the fly and go from one game mode to the next without suffering those never ending online load screens. KZ2 is amazing. To each his own, yeah, but I can't understand anyone who finds fault with this game (besides Rico, of course. :P )
TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TheEldestGod
Member since 2010 • 4142 Posts

After Killzone 2 was released, it became the most underrated game of 2009. People make so many excuses over the controls that amazes me why is that when you can configure the controls to a similar "COD control ****", they even added and option for you to aim even more precise. The AI is one of the best in the business, OP idk where you get that it sucks, maybe you played it on normal? Try it on Elite mode and come and say the same thing which I highly doubt unless you are just plain hating on the game.

Overall, Killzone comparing to other console FPSs, is the more polished and less glitchy game with supierior graphics and solid gameplay which obviously is overlooked and underappreciated.

WR_Platinum

Exactly. They even went as far as to patch the game with an option to play with faster, more fluid control just like COD. Its under options! Guerilla Games deserves a lot of lovefor the added effort. I love me some COD MW, but KZ2 will forever remain my favorite FPS (until part 3 comes out, that is.)

And for anyone who wants a little more insight into the story I suggest you go to the official website and check it out. They have a pretty vast backstory and timeline there that really puts the game into perspective. However, you may find yourself wanting to side with the Higs after you read it.

I agree with you, WR. This game isof the highestquality, but too many COD fans aren't giving it a proper chance.

90xGrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 90xGrad
Member since 2009 • 528 Posts

i loved the game. the AI made it really challenging. i could care less about the story in any fps. i played through the campaign twice and play online on a consistent basis. come to think of it, i think the AI made it better than other fps's.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#37 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I'll tell you the first mistake you're doing. You're playing Killzone 2 like it's Call of Duty 4 (or MW2) and that's one of the reasons why you are getting so much "red, screen all dark" moments. You're not taking cover and trying to run and gun. The controls are perfectly fine, this isn't speed run twitchy gameplay Modern Warfare offers.

I don't know if I should even try to take your comments of A.I seriously or not. Anything past Normal difficulty, which will still push you against cover will brutalise you. On harder difficulty there is no safe cover, Helgast will flank you effectively, flash you out the cover with grenades, spies will rush you relentlessly and aggressively.

The A.I is excellent in Killzone 2, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Killzone 2 is not Call of Duty 4. It's not Modern Warfare 2 and it's not Halo 3. It's Killzone, game on its own and equally as amazing in both single player and multiplayer, you're not supposed to run and gun. Cover, accurate burst placed shots are your best friends...

The_saint1976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 The_saint1976
Member since 2003 • 258 Posts

well then I guess you never tried or bothered shooting the helghans from the back...cause they'll know you are there even when you are 50 feet away behind them..EXAMPLE? I was just playing it right now..and when colonel radec uses the artillery and you go under the bridge..you enter the sewers and theres two helghans talking to each other about radec killing the grunts. You are CLEARLY behind them..but as soon as you look and aim at them from the back they already know you are there..

Do me a favor and try it out before you "spit" some more pepsi and post on this thread.

Thanks.

Caprellid

I got the Plat for KZ2 3 months after it came out, I can honestly say that KZ2 has some of the best AI I've seen in my 34 years of gaming. PSN is Timmyho, check for yourself. Pepsi is empty now btw.

grizzlybear1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 grizzlybear1
Member since 2008 • 1249 Posts

Ill kep this simple.

Amazing graphics

Great sound

Awesome gameplay

Tight controls

Good atmosphere

Excellent campaign

Brilliant Multiplayer

Addictive

Innovitive

Well polished

Complete

AAA Game no doubt

Like most AAA games you wontsee how good it is at first but put some time into itand you will!

2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 2beers_in_hand
Member since 2007 • 2950 Posts

Caprellid
You failed when you said terrible AI...If you want bad AI go and play any CoD game...
Caprellid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Caprellid

oh okkkk i failed.

Keir21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#42 Keir21
Member since 2006 • 5918 Posts
It was a bold attempt but I think it fell flat. The game had one of the most boring stories I've seen in a game in recent times. Gun play was shall i say, adequate. It wasn't at all special. Graphics were incredibly but I wish they used more colour. However, I wish the devs fixed a few things rather than focus of graphics. I'm sure the next game will be 9.0 worthy but I find Killzone 2 only really deserved something in the range of 7.5 - 8.5
grizzlybear1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 grizzlybear1
Member since 2008 • 1249 Posts

It was a bold attempt but I think it fell flat. The game had one of the most boring stories I've seen in a game in recent times. Gun play was shall i say, adequate. It wasn't at all special. Graphics were incredibly but I wish they used more colour. However, I wish the devs fixed a few things rather than focus of graphics. I'm sure the next game will be 9.0 worthy but I find Killzone 2 only really deserved something in the range of 7.5 - 8.5Keir21

Raaaa too many amateurs on this forum did you even play it online? And what did you want fixed?

ViewtifulScott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ViewtifulScott
Member since 2005 • 878 Posts

Why the heck are you asking us? If you don't think it's a good game, then to you, it isn't a good game. To other people it is. They call these "opinions". Do you need me to throw you a definition for the word to help you understand it?

Hyde006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Hyde006
Member since 2007 • 99 Posts

You must be a COD fan boy...How can you say the AI was terrible in this game..imo it had one of the best AI systems in any game Ive played to date. You must have been playing on easy to think it was that bad. When a hig in front of you tries to keep you occupied and another will flank while another will sneak up from behind and knife you..that's terrible AI? Also you thought it wasn't up to par because when you were behind a hig, they noticed you?...can you honestly say if someone were sneak up behind you, you wouldn't notice them?

Hyde006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Hyde006
Member since 2007 • 99 Posts

Thanks.

Caprellid

Are kidding me? I have played this game over 3 times and not once did they never noticed me unless I shot at them, which would be a pretty clear indication if someone is behind me...you must have ran into something on the ground to make noise for them to start shooting at you..

Gau0123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Gau0123
Member since 2009 • 1010 Posts
I completely disagree this game was amazing to me the graphics and who cares about the contols it's not THAT bad and if you do seriously have a problem you can change them for all you COD lovers. Sometimes there has to be changes, not every shooter is like COD.
KapG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 KapG
Member since 2007 • 1037 Posts

It was a VERY nice change to play a game that was not pure arcade run and gun (like MW).

I liked the heavy feel of the guns and the graphics don't get old after 10 minutes, silliness right there.

The controls can take some getting use to. For example, if I recall correctly you fire with the R2 button instead of R1 and aim with the L2 instead of L1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-58b6232955e4a

WR_Platinum

How is it under rated? It scored a 9 and still has a pathetic single player.