Why does everyone want bioshock on ps3?

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Robinho1873

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Robinho1873
Member since 2007 • 1066 Posts
Whats so good about it? From what ive seen so far theres a few cool ''inventions'' or whatever you call it but it still look kinda like a really linear fps. Like we need another one of them? just post your thought ;)
josekillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 josekillz
Member since 2005 • 326 Posts
I used to think the exact same thing (watched the ign video revie) fell in love with the game,hope it comes to the ps3 but if it don't too bad well get something else.
814StopsToday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 814StopsToday
Member since 2007 • 1390 Posts
It's a really good game, and it would be cool to get it on PS3, but it's not exactly a system seller. And these days I'm a bit cautious about buying games without any multiplayer, I know it wouldn't really fit in with BioShock, but still it takes about 2 months of the life of the game
FatCat360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FatCat360
Member since 2006 • 414 Posts
Like I said before the game it isnt worth spending any money on I own a Xbox 360 and PS3 and I wont buy it. I rather buy a good FPS like Halo, MGS, or UT3.
PMatt722

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PMatt722
Member since 2007 • 935 Posts
why does everyone want mgs4 on 360? *ding lightbulb* maybe because its a good game....
eezzy_rider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 eezzy_rider
Member since 2004 • 144 Posts
The demo was alot of fun, plus bioshock was a ps3 exclusive at first.
ChickenHawk07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 ChickenHawk07
Member since 2006 • 486 Posts

Whats so good about it? From what ive seen so far theres a few cool ''inventions'' or whatever you call it but it still look kinda like a really linear fps. Like we need another one of them? just post your thought ;)Robinho1873

Typical Fan Boy banter. Why would anyone with a PS3 want BioShock to come to their console? Hmmmm, maybe because it's probably going to be Game of the Year, and brings not only FUN gameplay but a really immersive storyline. Not only is it a good game and fun to play (I know, I have both consoles) I think people with only the PS3 would love to get their hands on this game. I'm a huge 360 fan, but now that I own a PS3, I really do hope that Sony wakes up and smells the Kava, and delivers the Dev kits that developers need to make games that are on par with the 360. I'm going to be honest here, the PS3 has ALOT to offer in ways that the 360 just can't (ie: Heavenly Sword has 10 gigs, 10 GIGS!, of sound.... I was amazed when I read that. There's just no way 360 can do that with DVDs). Anway, it's away from the point, Bioshock is an amazing game and PS3 owners would live better lives knowing that Bioshock was coming to their console.

Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Vyse_Legends
Member since 2007 • 9387 Posts

[QUOTE="Robinho1873"]Whats so good about it? From what ive seen so far theres a few cool ''inventions'' or whatever you call it but it still look kinda like a really linear fps. Like we need another one of them? just post your thought ;)ChickenHawk07

Typical Fan Boy banter. Why would anyone with a PS3 want BioShock to come to their console? Hmmmm, maybe because it's probably going to be Game of the Year, and brings not only FUN gameplay but a really immersive storyline. Not only is it a good game and fun to play (I know, I have both consoles) I think people with only the PS3 would love to get their hands on this game. I'm a huge 360 fan, but now that I own a PS3, I really do hope that Sony wakes up and smells the Kava, and delivers the Dev kits that developers need to make games that are on par with the 360. I'm going to be honest here, the PS3 has ALOT to offer in ways that the 360 just can't (ie: Heavenly Sword has 10 gigs, 10 GIGS!, of sound.... I was amazed when I read that. There's just no way 360 can do that with DVDs). Anway, it's away from the point, Bioshock is an amazing game and PS3 owners would live better lives knowing that Bioshock was coming to their console.

So my life is going to be better because a game that I am not interested in(not an FPS person but occasionly)is coming to my system?
hot114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 hot114
Member since 2003 • 4489 Posts
Short answer?
Because 360 gets it.
Avatar image for 5FingersOfDeath
5FingersOfDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 5FingersOfDeath
Member since 2007 • 1114 Posts

So far it looks like it will be Game of the Year and I haven't even played it :(

judas-savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#11 judas-savior
Member since 2005 • 417 Posts
There are so many bioshock threads on both forums.. its crazy, It doesn't need to be on the PS3 as MGS4 doens't need to be on the 360.. There exclusive and thats how they should stay..

So NO it will not be coming to PS3..

"Everytime a new bioshock thread is created, god kills a kitten" =)
EMERlCa6969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 EMERlCa6969
Member since 2004 • 2142 Posts

The only reason I would get it is so I would actually have a game to play on my PS3, other than PS2 titles. Everything I have rented so far doesn't really keep me hooked very long. I am hoping the Stranglehold gameisn't a crappy port. I'll pick the CE for PS3 if it isn't. Right now I am just waiting till fall for the good games. So that would be my reason for wanting it to go to PS3. Not having any PS3 games yet.

ChickenHawk07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ChickenHawk07
[QUOTE="ChickenHawk07"]

[QUOTE="Robinho1873"]Whats so good about it? From what ive seen so far theres a few cool ''inventions'' or whatever you call it but it still look kinda like a really linear fps. Like we need another one of them? just post your thought ;)Vyse_Legends

So my life is going to be better because a game that I am not interested in(not an FPS person but occasionly)is coming to my system?

You're DAMN right it will change your Gaming Life! If you haven't played the demo yet, then you have no business speaking about how it won't change your life. As Halo Changed my perspective on FPS and Resident Evil Changed my thoughts on Third Person Shooters, this game will/would change your perspective on FPS Survival Horror.

MartinMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MartinMan
Member since 2005 • 1486 Posts
Why do we want Bioshock on the PS3? because it looks simply amazing and the PS3 library really needs a game like this.
darbyshireandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 darbyshireandy
Member since 2004 • 659 Posts

just get it for the pc sweet

Jamie_1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jamie_1987
Member since 2006 • 1822 Posts
why?? because Bioshock is the best game every made.... well maybe not the best ever.. but the best in the past few years... and the ps3 has a very limited libary and could really use a game like this... or mass effect.
Radiozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Radiozo
Member since 2006 • 2413 Posts
My guess is that it will show up on PS3 next year.
ImaPirate0202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ImaPirate0202
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

I could care less.

Roomate got a $1200 pc after graduation. So I'll just pick it up and play it on his pc.

kurnlklank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kurnlklank
Member since 2006 • 232 Posts

i have both the 360 and ps3 and i agree with what peolple are saying about the limited games for the ps3 which sucks but if it was coming out on the ps3 and the 360 i'd buy the ps3 version nuff said

Sonyntendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Sonyntendo
Member since 2007 • 174 Posts

Cause it an amazing game !

For more info about it :

Thanks for your support =D

Bioshock is = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bioshock

Trailer = http://www.gametrailers.com/player/13584.html

Trailer (High Definition ) =http://www.gametrailers.com/player/13583.html

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#22 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts

Ok. Here's a crazy idea. If you want to play Bioshock you could just buy a 360. It's ok to own more than one console. I own about six.

ChickenHawk07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ChickenHawk07

Ok. Here's a crazy idea. If you want to play Bioshock you could just buy a 360. It's ok to own more than one console. I own about six.

x-2tha-z

Exactly why I just bought the PS3. I wanted Blu Ray and the few games that Sony has been able to keep exclusive.

shadystxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 shadystxxx
Member since 2005 • 2158 Posts

Whats so good about it? From what ive seen so far theres a few cool ''inventions'' or whatever you call it but it still look kinda like a really linear fps. Like we need another one of them? just post your thought ;)Robinho1873

Bioshock is anything but a linear fps, if you read the reviews you would know.

Ten different people could play this game and all ten could have different expierences, there is so many ways to tackle every objective.

If i only owned a ps3 id definitly want bioshock on ps3.

shady_825

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 shady_825
Member since 2003 • 1000 Posts
I don'tWANT it to go to PS3. I have a PS3 and love it. Yeah, I think Bioshock is game of the year. But I don't have a problem with it being on 360. IfI wanna play it, I have to get my hands on my own or a friend's 360. It would be cool if I could play it on my own console, but if the 360 one is the only version I can play (my computer probably doesn't meet specs) then that's just how it is. I can't play Resistance on 360 and I can't play Bioshock on PS3. Oh well.
shadystxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 shadystxxx
Member since 2005 • 2158 Posts

The demo was alot of fun, plus bioshock was a ps3 exclusive at first.eezzy_rider

It's never been a ps3 exclusive, it was annouced for 360 a few bits of speculation came out about it being multi-plat, and at xo6 ms annonced its 360/pc exlusive and since then theres been no more specualtion.

odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 odin2019
Member since 2006 • 4677 Posts
Its a much better game than Halo 3 could dream of being. Its pretty much the only xbox360 game that I've seen that looks decent besides gears of war. So yeah I want bioshock.
gizmo_logix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 gizmo_logix
Member since 2005 • 4224 Posts

x-2tha-z
Why? Buying a 360 is like giving money to the devil (M$).
odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 odin2019
Member since 2006 • 4677 Posts
[QUOTE="x-2tha-z"]

gizmo_logix

yeah seriously. I want bioshock but I'm not gonna pay another $400 just to play it.

MassacreMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 MassacreMonk
Member since 2005 • 3379 Posts
I would trade Bioshock for any of the games we're getting.. like Lair. The only thing stopping me from buying a 360 is the 3 rings!
FireFalkon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 FireFalkon
Member since 2004 • 866 Posts
There are too many games being released this year to start saying that bioshock is game of the year. It is an awesome game and I'll probably get it for PC (where fps should've stayed...) but can you say it's better than UT? or Assasins' Creed?
jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jyoung312
Member since 2003 • 4971 Posts
I want Bioshock for ps3 because it looks amazing, original, engaging and would be one of the few reasons I would ever touch 360. Bioshock based on the reviews is one of those classic games like SoTC that only comes around once in a blue moon and every gamer should have the right to play the game of the year.
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#33 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
[QUOTE="gizmo_logix"][QUOTE="x-2tha-z"]

odin2019

yeah seriously. I want bioshock but I'm not gonna pay another $400 just to play it.

Bioshock isn't the only game on 360.

Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Vyse_Legends
Member since 2007 • 9387 Posts
[QUOTE="Vyse_Legends"][QUOTE="ChickenHawk07"]

[QUOTE="Robinho1873"]Whats so good about it? From what ive seen so far theres a few cool ''inventions'' or whatever you call it but it still look kinda like a really linear fps. Like we need another one of them? just post your thought ;)ChickenHawk07

You're DAMN right it will change your Gaming Life! If you haven't played the demo yet, then you have no business speaking about how it won't change your life. As Halo Changed my perspective on FPS and Resident Evil Changed my thoughts on Third Person Shooters, this game will/would change your perspective on FPS Survival Horror.

Well of course it will change my perspective on FPS survival horror becauseaccording to my knowledge I havent played a FPS survival horror. As for Halo(yes I have played it just because I own a PS3 doesnt mean none of my friends never owned an xbox)I felt it was pretty by the numbersall it had was online.
Thigeic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#35 Thigeic
Member since 2004 • 1083 Posts

The sound qual in HS is probebly so good i would need to use another 30k$(convertet from norwegian kr) to even be abel to enjoy that insane qual sound :) Anyway, I dont want Bioshock for the PS3, since I already have a 360 :) But if I the only system i had was a PS3 I would love to have BioShock insted of HS tho. But thats simply becouse I prefer that kinda game before HS kind.
But for you that dont have both systems. I really hope you got a PC so you can enjoy the game there :) Becouse the demo is awsome, and the System Shock was awsome, and this is sorta in the same thing.

And the reason for people want this game for the PS3 have been said many times here. Becouse its a great game, and who dosent understand that someone would like a great game to come to there system is beyound me.

And for the original poster, you dont need to have any cool new inventions to a game for it to be great. You just need to use the old once in a good way, thats all that is needed for fun, immersive gameplay. And a good story helps aswell ofcourse :)

dewmandew7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 dewmandew7
Member since 2005 • 4152 Posts

There are two types of threads that I hate:

1) People complaining about Bioshock not being on the PS3/people saying they want Bioshock for the PS3.

2) People complaining about threads that talk about wanting Bioshock on the PS3.

Avatar image for Soul_to_Squeeze
Soul_to_Squeeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Soul_to_Squeeze
Member since 2007 • 560 Posts
Like I said before the game it isnt worth spending any money on I own a Xbox 360 and PS3 and I wont buy it. I rather buy a good FPS like Halo, MGS, or UT3.FatCat360
lol how is it not a good fps? and i know u dont know what ur talking about bc u said MGS is a fps. and yeah from the reviews ive seen it looks like its gonna be tough for any other game coming out this year to beat it. it has 8 reviews that gave it a perfect rating. assassins creed will be a good game, but if i remember correctly it didnt really have the best E3 showing
Robinho1873

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Robinho1873
Member since 2007 • 1066 Posts

There are two types of threads that I hate:

1) People complaining about Bioshock not being on the PS3/people saying they want Bioshock for the PS3.

2) People complaining about threads that talk about wanting Bioshock on the PS3.

dewmandew7

Well at least mine isnt one of them lol ;)

KurupSoldr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 KurupSoldr
Member since 2006 • 4094 Posts

Like I said before the game it isnt worth spending any money on I own a Xbox 360 and PS3 and I wont buy it. I rather buy a good FPS like Halo, MGS, or UT3.FatCat360

buy a good FPS then buy bioshock, halo, ut3 (MGSis not a FPS) have all been done before nothing new just same stuff diffeent weapons etc etc, bioshock is very differnt and fun plus a 20 hour single player campaign with many reasons to playa few times.

espoac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 espoac
Member since 2005 • 4342 Posts
IMO it IS coming to PS3. When 2K was asked about a PS3 version they said "Right now we're totally focused on making the game for Xbox360. Microsoft has been a great partner, we love the platform, and we get to make a PC game as well. That's great because we come from the PC side, but right now we're focused on getting the game out the door on the platform that we're on and that we love." Neither confirmed nor denied. If it wasn't coming to PS3 2K would just say NO! Like Hideo Kojima says NO! when he's asked about 360 versions of MGS4. THe only thing is PS3 owners may have to wait 6-12 months for it.
Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Krigon
Member since 2005 • 5591 Posts

Short answer:

Because i want a Big Daddy costume on Home.

azimiballer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 azimiballer
Member since 2007 • 1107 Posts
because it would look awesome on ps3
blackhorsemen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 blackhorsemen
Member since 2006 • 1200 Posts

http://www.petitiononline.com/biops3/petition.html

Sign it if you want Bioshock for PS3

and because I want a big daddy figurine

shadow0205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 shadow0205
Member since 2006 • 218 Posts

does anyone realize that everyone on this board can play bioshock even if u dont have a 360 because OH! its coming to pc why dont people ever think about the pc i know u want to play it on ur ps3 i would to if i dident have a 360 but honestly it doesent matter if u want to play it with a controler because u can just buy one of those 360 to pc controler things or a wired controller

edit: also i dont know if this works mabby not but mabby u could plug ur ps3 controller via usb???....mabby

blackhorsemen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 blackhorsemen
Member since 2006 • 1200 Posts

does anyone realize that everyone on this board can play bioshock even if u dont have a 360 because OH! its coming to pc why dont people ever think about the pc i know u want to play it on ur ps3 i would to if i dident have a 360 but honestly it doesent matter if u want to play it with a controler because u can just buy one of those 360 to pc controler things or a wired controller

edit: also i dont know if this works mabby not but mabby u could plug ur ps3 controller via usb???....mabby

shadow0205

cuz most people dont have High end PCs???

EMERlCa6969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 EMERlCa6969
Member since 2004 • 2142 Posts
Yea, lets just tell those kids without 360's to buy a $1000 dollar computer to play one game.
shadow0205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 shadow0205
Member since 2006 • 218 Posts
[QUOTE="shadow0205"]

blackhorsemen

cuz most people dont have High end PCs???

tushay

vegetattack15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 vegetattack15
Member since 2007 • 1686 Posts

I want to play it because I think it looks frickin rad. Nuff said.

SmoothBrother1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SmoothBrother1
Member since 2003 • 1078 Posts

because it would look awesome on ps3azimiballer

It looks awesome on the 360, so why don't you just buy a 360 and have an awesome game or just upgrade your computer and buy it on there.

vegetattack15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 vegetattack15
Member since 2007 • 1686 Posts

[QUOTE="azimiballer"]because it would look awesome on ps3SmoothBrother1

It looks awesome on the 360, so why don't you just buy a 360 and have an awesome game or just upgrade your computer and buy it on there.

I'll just play all the other cool games on PS3 until it's released.