Why did you choose the Playstation 3 for your next gen system ?

• 100 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uchia123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 uchia123
Member since 2006 • 226 Posts

topic

meteorgun7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 meteorgun7
Member since 2003 • 25135 Posts
For the games. I want Devil May Cry 4, Final Fantasy XIII, Warhawk, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 4, and so on.
Taioa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Taioa
Member since 2007 • 148 Posts

The xbox doesnt really appeal to me and ps3 tends to have more rpgs. Its also a more poweful system then the 360. If you want what the ps3 has in a 360, it comes to a bigger price.

The blue ray thing for the 360 costs over £100 + the wireless internet stuff. SO in total it would come to like £425 or more and the ps3 would still have more hardrive space + you can replace it with a laptop hd. It also goes with the psp :D which is great.

As for the wii. Thats still something i would love to get :D.

Taijiquan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Taijiquan
Member since 2002 • 7431 Posts

I own both 360 and Ps3. I picked up a PS3 due to the Blu Ray. If some good games come, bonus.

EVAN0070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 EVAN0070
Member since 2005 • 106 Posts
I chose both.So I have both.But I wanted the ps3 for some specific games like Heavenly sword etc...
LeDavester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LeDavester
Member since 2007 • 271 Posts
because i don't like microsoft and is extremely loyal to sony, and i only bought ps3 so i can help support sony win, even though i don't use my ps3. i only go on these forums to help defend the ps3 and help ps3 owners.
navigata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 navigata
Member since 2005 • 7619 Posts
Well essentialy ur getting a free Bluray player since they cost so much themselves. Plus it had wireless internet, free online gaming, good games future and present. Overall just a very good system, it catered to what i needed exactly in comparison to the 360 and the wii
Taladon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Taladon
Member since 2007 • 74 Posts

The awesome games. Lair, Heavenly Sword, Tekken, GT, etc. However, I have all 3 consoles. PS3 is my favorite so far.

guyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 guyhunter
Member since 2004 • 3691 Posts
I bought all 3 systems at launch.  Other than Wii Sports the Wii never did anything for me so I gave it to my niece.  The 360 is great I loved it during the time I had it, I sold it after I got my PS3.  So the big question is why did I sell my 360 and keep the PS3?  For me the PS3 offered a lot of extra stuff in the box, bigger and replaceable hdd, blu-ray player, wireless networking, Linux support, and for me the most important thing was region free gaming out of the box.  I'm in Australia and games cost between AUD$100 and AUD$120 if I buy them from overseas I can pay 1/2 that.  That is the reason I decided on the PS3.  With every firmware update I keep thinking I have made the right choice.  In the end it all comes down to games and I really like the games that I currently have on the PS3 and the future line up looks even better. 
jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
Because Sony has always delivered a quality product and when they do have a problem they try to find a true solution ASP.
waza000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 waza000
Member since 2005 • 1906 Posts

i have a wii + playstation 3 ...
the wii was my first one

i didn't want xbox because microsoft requieres consumers to pay too much for all kind of things

the whole playstation 3 system as a bigger potential, more fonctionnalities ... (i don't consider the connectivity with my pc a big + for the xbox)

and the games are good, but i admit there aren't enough ps3 exclusives coming out

sm66612

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sm66612
Member since 2004 • 453 Posts
Why not?:|
lmm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lmm666
Member since 2004 • 72 Posts
I trust Sonyand I have the ps1,ps2 and now the ps3 and it has really good games coming out like Lair, Heavenly Sword,Uncarted, GT5,Eight Days, Two days to Vegas ect.
Jamh83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jamh83
Member since 2006 • 689 Posts
I went Sony because I knew that the majority of the exclusives that I want will be on PS3 and like last gen there aren't enough games that appeal to me on the other consoles to justify purchasing them.
JDUB_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#15 JDUB_x
Member since 2003 • 2828 Posts
Because I needed something that plays Sony games next to my 360 and Wii.
general_KDI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 general_KDI
Member since 2003 • 1068 Posts
Because of the games, indeed... Also because my last 2 consoles were a PS1 and a Ps2, I loved those one and know that soon Sony will deliver on this one too...
csqwared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 csqwared
Member since 2005 • 986 Posts

I bought all 3 systems at launch. Other than Wii Sports the Wii never did anything for me so I gave it to my niece. The 360 is great I loved it during the time I had it, I sold it after I got my PS3. So the big question is why did I sell my 360 and keep the PS3? For me the PS3 offered a lot of extra stuff in the box, bigger and replaceable hdd, blu-ray player, and for me the most important thing was region free gaming out of the box. I'm in Australia and games cost between AUD$100 and AUD$120 if I buy them from overseas I can pay 1/2 that. That is the reason I decided on the PS3. With every firmware update I keep thinking I have made the right choice. In the end it all comes down to games and I really like the games that I currently have on the PS3 and the future line up looks even better. guyhunter

good post man, well i chose the ps3 because... i love sony... theyve been good to me in the past, and im hoping there good to me in the future... im also not the biggest microsoft fan... but i was still originally going to buy a 360... but i never did... not really sure why... but i am also a big fan of online... thats why i didnt get the wii... and its not due to hd stuff because i have an sd tv... but i do plan on getting an hd tv when i get my new job...

CyanX73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CyanX73
Member since 2004 • 3389 Posts
The Killzone trailer showed at E3. I had a friend convince me that it was real and that I shouldn't get the system I planned on getting and get a PS3. I did some research and the unaminous feeling was that the PS3 was the most powerful of the 3. Add in Sony's reputation and history of being the number one console and my decision was set for me. Since I've made my purchase I've learned Killzone wasn't game footage and the PS3's GPU doesn't have as much RAM available to it as...well you know. I'm still happy with my choice. Holding out for Sony's games to be spectacular and for more people to jump on board this holiday season.
ZhenDash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ZhenDash
Member since 2006 • 1483 Posts
I never plan on buying a 360 in the first place because I never like the games on it and I still wanted to play my PS1 and PS2 games in the futures. And by just simply looking at the PS3, the only thing that I'll be buying is an HDMI cable and a couple of controllers.
smallville206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 smallville206
Member since 2006 • 817 Posts
The game library and the fact that the PS2 was my favorite system of the last generation of consoles. The other reason, I wanted to jump aboard Blu ray, I have 43 Blu ray movies so far and love watching stuff in HD.
Dalorien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Dalorien
Member since 2005 • 252 Posts
Blu-ray outta the box. REGION FREE!! Exclusives. Upgradeable HDD. BTW, did I say REGION FREE. EXCLUSIVES. Oh yeah, REGION FREE. The ability to play any Blu-ray disc no matter where I buy it or order it from. REGION FREE!!!
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
Becuz Playstations are giving better in future gaming. and free online is what I liked too.
Avatar image for FF-resevil-halo
FF-resevil-halo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FF-resevil-halo
Member since 2006 • 1380 Posts
I had an xbox last round and that was great I adore Halo but the Xbox really really lacked in the games department so this round I went with the system with more returning hits and some horsepower the wii is cool but i want some crazy graphics with my big name titles.
Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts
i was more into Sony's Playstation rather than Mirosoft's Xbox. also Playstation has free online gaming and also i don't like any of the games on xbox. played halo at a friend's house and i thought it sucked.
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
I chose a PS3 because I have had a PS1 and PS2 and felt like it was the next step. If I didnt, I wouldnt be able to play all of my favorite franchises in the next gen. I also saw it as a good media option. And it looks and plays damn slick. I dont have a problem with the other systems but I think the Wii doesnt really appeal to my gaming choices and the same with the 360 (except for Gears of War and Crackdown which both look pretty cool).
Squall_Griver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Squall_Griver
Member since 2006 • 3607 Posts
Replace the PS3 on the title with a PS2/PS1
and you should get your answer
master_spoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 master_spoon
Member since 2006 • 275 Posts
For the games I thought were going to be exclusive....(GTA IV, DMC, etc) However I am still happy with my purchase, and I am still looking forward to the exclusives that are just for sony, most notably Warhawk....But I need a reason to play it now dang it, I am growing impatient.I bought the Darkness for my 360, and I wish I had purchased it for my PS3. (I am going to try and purchase good ONLINE games for the 360 and good OFFLINE games for my PS3....)
Ellythrion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#28 Ellythrion
Member since 2006 • 234 Posts

Well I bought a Wii first and foremost because I also own a DS and love the quality of different, innovative experiences the DS offers and it looks as though the Wii is going to follow suit (when its better games finally start getting released).

However, I did want to one powerhouse console which will really be next-gen technically, and always wanted to wait for the PS3. Xbox 360 has a large fanbase but I think it'll fizzle out when the PS3 comes down in price and the games really become noticably better. Xbox 360 IMO just wasn't going to be able to cut it in a couple of years when the PS3 looks like it's gonna really hit its stride.

Blu-Ray helped as well! :)

furius51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#29 furius51
Member since 2007 • 87 Posts
well, i am loyal to sony , i have ps1,ps2, and i want the ps3 for the blu-ray , the online is free, and for a lot ofgames too:D
kreestoph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 kreestoph
Member since 2007 • 442 Posts
definetly the games, bigger nicer games with more content. that, and the nicer console features. definetly the more enjoyable system for me. 
BlooD_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BlooD_Bathory
Member since 2004 • 72 Posts

simple as.... I hate microsoft, and i am loyal to sony, also the games MGS4, FF, etc etc..... and the online system ^^

LAboy06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32 LAboy06
Member since 2006 • 2445 Posts
Hey cyan, where did you get that Saints banner?
dragontank28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 dragontank28
Member since 2007 • 319 Posts
for the built in blu ray player and the exclusive games
hama666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34 hama666
Member since 2004 • 3061 Posts

I suddenly had some money to spend and didnt know what to spend it on........so i bought a PS3.

I initially decided I wouldnt go anywhere near one but now that I own one im pretty impressed with it and blu-ray is just neat. Im just a little disappointed at the games available right now but I know thats bound to change soon.

Happy to own 2 out of my 3 consoles ( the wii is just a waste of space to me now)

larsonslike7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 larsonslike7
Member since 2007 • 113 Posts
I bought the ps3 because i didnt want to get used to a new controller and i really dont like halo im more of a sports guy and i wanted to watch movies in hd without buying something seperate.
VeSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 VeSupreme
Member since 2006 • 1963 Posts
I choose the PS3 for many reasons. 1) Backwards compatible- all the games from the PS2 I could still play on my PS3. 2) Region Free- The PS2 was region coded and made me made because I would want the Kingdom Hearts final mix but I would have to buy a new Japanese PS2. So now if they release a title in only a certin region we can still play it. 3) Free Online- I never played online before so when they announced this schivers went down my spine. 4) Trust - Like the others said I too own the PS1, & PS2 they have never failed me so I trust sony. 5) Returning series - Alot of my favorite games on the PS2 come with new sequels on the PS3. 6) PSP friendly - The Ps3 can do many new things with the PSP. 7) Blue Ray Drive - PS3 is maybe the cheapist Blue-ray player. 8) Finally me and my friend made a deal - I would get the PS3 and he would get the Xbox 360 that way we can play both systems.
pvtselect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 pvtselect
Member since 2003 • 201 Posts
I have both.  The main reasons I picked up the PS3 were because of the Blu-Ray player, MGS4, another God of War game eventually and fighting games, VF5, Tekken DR, 6 etc.  Some of the fighting games will be on the xbox 360 too, but I just prefer the ps3 controller for fighting games over the xbox 360.  To me the XBOX 360 controller is great for fps(of course keyboard and mouse will always be the best) and the ps3 controller is great for fighters.  I get the best of everything now.
PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts
Theres just so many games to look forward to. People argue that a lot of games on the ps3 would be found on the 360, I would say on the same thing as well: most of the games on 360 would also be found on the ps3. On top of that theres a lot more promising exclusives coming for the ps3 than the 360. FFXIII, versus XIII, MGS4, warhawk im really looking forward to because the headset would benefit my experience a lot, killzone. For the 360if i was to get it i would only be interested in gears of war 2, which icould easily overlook nowwhen thinking about the aforementionedgames. Also the ps3 itself is the best blu-ray player you could buy, and the most powerful system of the new generation.
samleon05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 samleon05
Member since 2005 • 397 Posts

Short answer i like the system, HATE MICROSOFT plus alot of the titles are on my wishlist. Microsoft just has FPS, no variety and the stuff the PS3 has (wireless net + free online,charge and play wireless) would cost upwards to $150-$200 which would put the two sytems at the same "expensive" price.

snipe2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 snipe2004
Member since 2007 • 1872 Posts
for sony's first party games, extra features, and just more games that appeal to me. not one regret.
mfarris2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mfarris2006
Member since 2005 • 335 Posts
I got it beacause at the time it was the best and cheapest blue ray player. Honestly I would have prefered if 360 played blurays because I like their types of games more but I made my choice. If things do not improve soont hough I will sell my ps3 and games and buy the new $499 sony blu ray player
jacky531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jacky531
Member since 2007 • 1121 Posts

The way I bought my PS3 is I puteach console on a little piece of paper shook it for 2mins than I cose one with my eyes closed and it turns out to be a PS3 also since it looked the best and verygood lookingconsole out of the 3 consoles had a bigger HDD at the time Sony had been reliable since I bought a PS2 and had R&C as my first PS2 game which made me love Sony for that game It is more advanced than the other 3 consoles it had a blu-ray player which in the future would become useful when I buy blu-ray movies it had wi-fi and I liked Sony games since they have a lot of genres it didn't overheat like the 360 and seemed worth the money I spend on it.

It was since I love R&C it was a lot of fun snd loved the amount of games they had to choose from for the PS2 it was mainly because of R&C :D

Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Vyse_Legends
Member since 2007 • 9387 Posts
Because after Halo 3 there will be no good games out later. Oh and I dont like Halo since it is a FPS it eventually gets boring. And just because GTA IV is going to have extra content I'd rather buy the system where there isnt a ten minute load every time you start to play so ill get the better one on PS3. Then the Wii has Brawl, Metroid, and probably a new Zelda but the Wii is just to childish for me. So the PS3 line of upcoming games is as anyone with a PS3 already knows is incredible compared to the other systems. So it is good multiplayer(360), innovative controls and childish games(Wii), or the company with the games I have always enjoyed(Sony) a massive system full of power that is already starting to show what it can do and incredible games(PS3). And yes I have a PS3 got it on Thursday.
cannabinemsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 cannabinemsi
Member since 2005 • 26 Posts

i actually chose every system as i own a wii and an xbox360 too. nonetheless i have to say, that i like the PS3 the best, because

it's on par if not superiour to the xbox360 graphically.

it's significantly less noisy than the MS console.

it doesn't brake every 6 months (currently waiting for my 3rd xbox).

it has a blu ray disc drive which will be nice once i own a decent HDTV (currently playing on a TFT monitor).

the online service is free of charge, which i'm used to from PS2 and PC gaming.

the HDD is interchangeable and even out of the box larger than 360's HDD. so i don't have to delete stuff (shivering isles + GRAW 2 update are pretty big - running out of space in 3 or 4 years not that unlikely)

this is all just compared to the xbox360 as the wii os a bit out of the competition in most aspects. i do have a lot of fun though with all three of my consoles, as there are great exclusives for all of them, which is why i bought all systems in the first place. nonetheless the PS3 seems to be the technically most advanced, which is why i see the most potential in the sony console.

junk56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45 junk56
Member since 2003 • 1748 Posts

BECAUSE IM AZN :D

and azn people like sony

and nintendo

but il ike sony better

hehe stereotyping my own race is awesome xD

chubear700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#46 chubear700
Member since 2003 • 1945 Posts
I've always trusted Sony's PS product, have stuck with them since PS1 and they have always delivered on quality gaming experiences for my tastes. I see no reason to discontinue an obvious pattern. They've treated me well as a gamer and always buy their product ... until they start majorly messing with my gaming experiences, I'll always have no doubt in their commitment to the PS fanbase.
Funky_Frizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Funky_Frizzle
Member since 2005 • 259 Posts
For Socom really, plus like half of my friends are pretentious 360 owners.
Illmaticnyj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Illmaticnyj
Member since 2005 • 1280 Posts

MGS and FF

plus the ps3 has more features and is less bound to break. Too many of my friends had to send in their 360 to get repaired.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e4563d341061
deactivated-5e4563d341061

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5e4563d341061
Member since 2006 • 158 Posts
MGS, GT and the free online play.
deebo_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deebo_x
Member since 2003 • 941 Posts
Thats because the ps1 and ps2 were my favorite consoles of all time, so it was natural. I had the original xbox so I do plan on getting a 360 when all the defect problems are resolved and a 100 dollar price drop.