Why can't I download All 4 One?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

It's 14 GB but I have 26 GB. WTF?!

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 The-Apostle

Ugh... I deleted NHL 13 which I seriously had a problem with deleting, Bioshock 2 (didn't like it anyway), Walking Dead (didn't bother me since I beat it) and the GOW Ascension beta, which I can't find in my downloads list, so I can have A4O. I was still able to re-download NHL 13 anyway. Why am I forced to delete NHL 13 to get A4O but then able to re-download NHL13 after downloading A4O

grand17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 grand17
Member since 2007 • 2079 Posts
i have the same problem. i had 20gb free and it said not enough...so whats the deal? im not going to figure out which game it doesnt like
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

when downloading psn games you always need twice the space of the actual size (if game has 15GB you need 30GB free space), the reason is one part is for the downloaded file, second half is for the game install file, once you have the game installed you get the first half of space back

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 The-Apostle

when downloading psn games you always need twice the space of the actual size (if game has 15GB you need 30GB free space), the reason is one part is for the downloaded file, second half is for the game install file, once you have the game installed you get the first half of space back

AmnesiaHaze
That doesn't explain why I'm able to download A4O and NHL 13 at the same time... Also, it's stupid to require twice as much space for downloads/installing. When I downloaded Bioshock 2 it wouldn't install due to lack of space.
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AmnesiaHaze
[QUOTE="AmnesiaHaze"]

The-Apostle
That doesn't explain why I'm able to download A4O and NHL 13 at the same time... Also, it's stupid to require twice as much space for downloads/installing. When I downloaded Bioshock 2 it wouldn't install due to lack of space.

youve said you deleted a couple of other games as well , that means you didnt had to delete NHL at all
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

AmnesiaHaze
This is the correct answer.
grand17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 grand17

AmnesiaHaze
wow, thats the stupidest set up ever. thanks for the clarity tho
grand17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 grand17
they should make the next systems with 1 TB
RodWelst777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RodWelst777
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Thumbs up...
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 The-Apostle
[QUOTE="AmnesiaHaze"]

grand17

Yup. I deleted NHL 13 (again) because A4O wouldn't install but NHL 13 did. WTF?! Can Geeksquad fix red light of death? Like put a new 500 gig HD in my old PS3? Because this is getting ridiculous with using a 60 gig. >_>
jeffster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jeffster85
Member since 2010 • 2286 Posts
[QUOTE="grand17"][QUOTE="AmnesiaHaze"]

The-Apostle

Yup. I deleted NHL 13 (again) because A4O wouldn't install but NHL 13 did. WTF?! Can Geeksquad fix red light of death? Like put a new 500 gig HD in my old PS3? Because this is getting ridiculous with using a 60 gig. >_>

really doesn't take a lot to upgrade it. just watch a youtube video if you don't know what you're doing. btw, it likely only checks when you initiate the actual download. otherwise, every time you get something there's be 20 applications reserving space unnecessarily.
jeffster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jeffster85
they should make the next systems with 1 TBgrand17
or if not, do like the wii u and make it as simple as attaching an external HDD.
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 The-Apostle
[QUOTE="jeffster85"][QUOTE="The-Apostle"][QUOTE="grand17"] wow, thats the stupidest set up ever. thanks for the clarity tho

really doesn't take a lot to upgrade it. just watch a youtube video if you don't know what you're doing. btw, it likely only checks when you initiate the actual download. otherwise, every time you get something there's be 20 applications reserving space unnecessarily.

Geeksquad said they could to it. And, since I have an account with them, I can get it done for free. You can't get any more cheap than that! :D
jeffster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jeffster85
[QUOTE="The-Apostle"][QUOTE="jeffster85"][QUOTE="The-Apostle"] Yup. I deleted NHL 13 (again) because A4O wouldn't install but NHL 13 did. WTF?! Can Geeksquad fix red light of death? Like put a new 500 gig HD in my old PS3? Because this is getting ridiculous with using a 60 gig. >_>

Geeksquad said they could to it. And, since I have an account with them, I can get it done for free. You can't get any more cheap than that! :D

i hate the geek squad so freakin much. they're basically there just to push you to buy more stuff. and they often don't know what they're talkin bout. only people that work there are those who can't get real IT jobs.
Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts

AmnesiaHaze
This is correct.
Why am I forced to delete NHL 13 to get A4O but then able to re-download NHL13 after downloading A4OThe-Apostle
Simple math would have answered your question. NHL 13 is about 7GB so starting with 26GB free, you uninstall NHL 13 and you now have 33GB free. Download and install A4O and when you get back the 14GB from installing it you have 19GB free. NHL only requires 14GB to download and install and you have 19GB free, whereas A4O requires 28GB and you previously only had 26GB free. That's why you weren't able to download A4O with NHL installed, but you CAN download NHL with A4O installed.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
[QUOTE="jeffster85"][QUOTE="The-Apostle"][QUOTE="jeffster85"] really doesn't take a lot to upgrade it. just watch a youtube video if you don't know what you're doing. btw, it likely only checks when you initiate the actual download. otherwise, every time you get something there's be 20 applications reserving space unnecessarily.

i hate the geek squad so freakin much. they're basically there just to push you to buy more stuff. and they often don't know what they're talkin bout. only people that work there are those who can't get real IT jobs.

Yup, I have never met someone who isn't a moron at geek squad. Oh, Skype doesn't work? You have to buy a new laptop.
CKYguy25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CKYguy25
Member since 2012 • 2087 Posts

that's weird, it should work

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AmnesiaHaze

i have upgraded from 40GB to 500GB recently , it feels so good not having to worry about installin/uninstalling anymore , it was a matter of 15 minutes to replace the HDD , very easy, recommending it to all

jeffster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jeffster85
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"][QUOTE="jeffster85"][QUOTE="The-Apostle"] Geeksquad said they could to it. And, since I have an account with them, I can get it done for free. You can't get any more cheap than that! :D

Yup, I have never met someone who isn't a moron at geek squad. Oh, Skype doesn't work? You have to buy a new laptop.

thats the other thing. someone that doesn't know enough tells you xyz part is bad, and needs replaced(or tells you the whole thing does). Someone experienced will know of ways around it most of the time or find the real solution. not a costly "easy" solution.
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
becuz wat ever the size of the game is, you actually need double that of free space. 14gb means you need 28gb+ available becuz of the install.