why all the hate on RAGE?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

teacher4tc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 teacher4tc
Member since 2008 • 345 Posts

I was finally able to open the game and play and 5 hours later, This game rocks!!! I thinhk the game play is great and all the challenges and races are one of a kind. The texture pop ups in my opinion are not that noticable, I have not tried multiplayer so no comment there. I could call of work tomorrow and keep playing. Very happy with the game! Whats your thoughts?

Avatar image for finalserenade75
finalserenade75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 finalserenade75
Member since 2009 • 2162 Posts

I usually don't play FPS, But I'm getting this game once it gets a price drop. Looks kinda sweet.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

I guess people were just dissapointed by the hype, but i don't get it. I didn't honestly see any proper hype for rage.

teacher4tc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 teacher4tc

well I am really enjoying it and I think the graphics and clarity are fantastic...i am very glad to add this to my library

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

It think most of the hate is from the fact that it's seen as cool to hate on FPSs (or anything really popular) on here.

Also since the PC version was basically broken when it first came out a lot of people took to the Internet to trash the game.

Personally I find that the game is really good...I've played through it once and I'm working on my second play through. For me to want to play back through a game right after a play through tells me it must be very good.

Avatar image for AWolfoftheCalla
AWolfoftheCalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 AWolfoftheCalla
Member since 2011 • 162 Posts
because it is a mediocre game. that is probably why.
LeifLongbottom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 LeifLongbottom
Member since 2009 • 2777 Posts

because it is a mediocre game. that is probably why.AWolfoftheCalla

Not only that but I've seen both versions and there definitely is a difference. The problems may not seem that big but the graphics are what was hyped up the most about it and when the ps3 version doesn't look as good, people will understandably be disgruntled.

I know that I for one am tired of seeing this happen with multiplatform games on the ps3. They always work really hard on polishing up the 360 version because that's the one they're going to show in commercials and at trade shows but they don't bother polishing up the ps3 version because they (for some odd reason) think gamers are pushovers and will pay $60 for whatever crap they lay out on the shelf and rave about it anyway.

I was surprised to find out that the PC version was the worst though. That was just plain broken.

mrsniper83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#8 mrsniper83
Member since 2009 • 1552 Posts
It is a fun game, but its just hard to get into it, its just another one of those go get this and go get that kind of game.To me, its just ok.
JohnnyWPSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#9 JohnnyWPSP
Member since 2009 • 1895 Posts

I love it. The gameplay feels right, the graphics are great and the story has been pretty interesting so far (for a shooter).

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

because it is a mediocre game. that is probably why.AWolfoftheCalla

i agree with this, seeing the fact i actually played Rage

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#11 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

It's just an extremely basic FPS. Nothing in it I haven't seen done, and done a lot better, in 10 other games.

teacher4tc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 teacher4tc

I do understand everyones points, But over all We are having a blast going through! Appreciate the feed back

xboxfreak1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 xboxfreak1
Member since 2004 • 461 Posts

I will definitely be picking it up, but I already have such a backlog. I should have bought rage instead of Deus Ex, just because it is more my style. Although I am enjoying Deus Ex, it just took about 5 hours to get interesting.

MaKillaGorilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 MaKillaGorilla
Member since 2011 • 292 Posts

It gets hate because it does nothing great. It doesnt deserve hate but it doesnt really deserve praise either

AJC3317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#15 AJC3317
Member since 2003 • 2546 Posts
it's a good game, certainly not great. it's fun to play but there's nothing there to keep me interested for long periods of time
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
RAGE its fantastic i love it so far
Anthrizacks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Anthrizacks
Member since 2010 • 157 Posts
Not sure at all. This game is fantastic, and definitely the best shooter of the year.
i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

it gets hate cause if it doesnt change the formula, then its automatically mediocre (by people i wouldnt trust to wash my car)

in reality it is a very good looking game (best looking console game ive played), with good handling, great AI (they arent ********* and most of the time they act believably), a passable story (its easly forgettable, tempting me to skip it at times), and pretty open for a single player mainly experience. its nothing new or revolutionary, but it is by no means bad, good is prehaps the biggest insult i could sling.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#19 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Because there are haters for every game. Just ignore them and enjoy it, as I know I will when I get it!

Nexustras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 Nexustras
Member since 2005 • 568 Posts
a lot of people hate Final Fantasy 13, but i think it's one of the best games i've played this gen next to Demon's Souls and Fallout 3. just ignore the hate and keep on playing :) i like rage too.
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
because GS is a site full of trolls and fanboys what i find funny is that everyone is calling it mediocre but at least its not another vanilla fps game like cod or halo
robmonga2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 robmonga2
Member since 2003 • 1193 Posts

it gets hate cause if it doesnt change the formula, then its automatically mediocre (by people i wouldnt trust to wash my car)

in reality it is a very good looking game (best looking console game ive played), with good handling, great AI (they arent ********* and most of the time they act believably), a passable story (its easly forgettable, tempting me to skip it at times), and pretty open for a single player mainly experience. its nothing new or revolutionary, but it is by no means bad, good is prehaps the biggest insult i could sling.

i-rock-socks

^ You speak the truth... I don't hate the game, but it isn't a 9/10 game... Going in, I was thinking of a game along the lines of Fallout, based on it's reviews. But that is not what I got, instead I got a game where you interact with Cpu characters for the sole reason of receiving quests. I finished the game and didn't have an atom of care for any of the characters that I had just spent 10 hours of time with... And this leads to my main problem with this game... Rage is so f'n disjointed.

You do 3 things in this game: 1. Run through a town, talk to a CPU to get a quest. *load screen* 2. Drive to area of quest, in a vehicle segment which plays great...but doesn't make sense. The only open world aspect of the game is the driving...but this "open world" has nothing in it to see... The only thing that happens here is that you get constantly ambushed by CPU enemies who chase you as long as you're in their kill zone, and then they just let up. Basically you can boost through these zones and never actually have to do any car combat... Which again, doesn't make sense, since it's clearly suppose to be a large part of the game. Anyways, 3. enter a cave/building/base, walk down corridors fighting CPUs, which sounds boring...but this is where Rage comes into it's own. The gunplay is awesome...

I give this game a 8/10, 5 points of that is just for it's gunplay, the other 3 for the polish.

epichotcheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 epichotcheese
Member since 2011 • 162 Posts

Most people hate the PC version, the game didn't work with any AMD/ATi graphic cards and some users with Nvidia cards couldn't run the game as well. It took AMD 3 days to come out with a driver update that didn't work and took id a week to come out with a patch. People basically paid $60 for a broken game. Also, id's boss John Carmack keep making stupid statement that pisses gamers off.

I am currently playing this on the PS3 and I really like it. The game runs at 60FPS the entire time no matter how much action is on the screen. Every single weapon in the game feels powerful and good when you pull the trigger. The Buggy/Cuprino racing/combat is actually really fun.

I also like how the multiplayer is car combat only, nice break from all the online FPS out there.

jordonj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jordonj
Member since 2010 • 1069 Posts
I think the hate comes from people who have an opinion and just can't handle that others don't share their opinion. I loved Rage from the first and was blown away with the framerate and level of detail (even with the texture pop-in). This is just amazing. It was a different flavor of postapocolyptia than Fallout 3. Come on people...we're just talking a game not religion here...