Why all the hate for Uncharted 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

King_Diddy31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 King_Diddy31
Member since 2011 • 71 Posts

I dont get why so many people are dissappointed with the game it is nearly perfect in every aspect and has the best graphics for a ps3 game. I think it sets up an Uncharted 4 perfectly and if naughty dog do realease a new Uncharted game the only way it will fail if it is Uncharted kart racing. And The Last of Us looks awesome.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

I don't hate the game but the pacing I felt was terrible for the first half. Its a great game yeah but compared to Uncharted 2 its no contest with me,...unless we start talking about online. I've replayed Uncharted 2 probably 7 times or so and only replayed Uncharted 3 once to see how it was on crushing. I can't bring myself to play uncharted 3 single-player anymore because its just too boring..., when compared to Uncharted 2.

eleven1181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 eleven1181
Member since 2010 • 339 Posts

I think uncharted 3 is great but i do think an uncharted 4 would be a bit borein its time for somenew stuff from ND a think

nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 nightshade869
Member since 2007 • 3457 Posts
I love Uncharted 3!!
Mostly_Normal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Mostly_Normal
Member since 2010 • 296 Posts

I loved Uncharted 3, just not as much as Uncharted 2.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

I wondered the same thing before playing it. Now that I have it I'm still confused, but in a different way. It seems like the game is doing everything right, but I just can't seem to get into it. I loved U2 and thought it was a fun way to basically play a video game of Indiana Jones mixed with National Treasure. Maybe it's that I'm tired of the characters, especially those who have been there throughout all 3 games. Chloe and the new guy aren't bad, but again there isn't nearly enough Chloe and she is just kind of there. Likewise, the puzzles are getting old, as they're basically the same or very similar for 3 games now, so they're just getting tedious.

The action is still fun, as is going through new areas.

I'm not saying it's a bad game because that would be a lie, but it's not as captivating as the 2nd.

Regardless, I'm still excited for The Last of Us, and when I get a Vita next year I'll probably get the Uncharted game for it.

It's still a solid game, just not as good as the 2nd. Granted, it probably gets too much hate rather than constructive criticism.

Naughty Dog probably realizes this and will take some time off for other games (as they're doing) in order to go back and make another Uncharted as good as U2.

TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts

Uncharted 3's plot wasn't as polished as 2's. Elena and Chloe were underutilized, Marlowe and Talbot were unmenacing villains, and many things were left unexplained. The pacing wasn't as well-done, and the setpieces weren't as exciting.

That being said, the multiplayer is a lot better than Uncharted 2.

King_Diddy31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 King_Diddy31
Member since 2011 • 71 Posts

Uncharted 3's plot wasn't as polished as 2's. Elena and Chloe were underutilized, Marlowe and Talbot were unmenacing villains, and many things were left unexplained. The pacing wasn't as well-done, and the setpieces weren't as exciting.

That being said, the multiplayer is a lot better than Uncharted 2.

TheFallenDemon

That was the only thing i didnt like the villains theyfelt weak compared to lazarevic, he was scary ruthless and the best villain out of all the games

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
i guess i was the only person who loved uncharted 3 from start to end. while it did have a few things that i still needs answering to, but overall the game is def one of the greatest.
jordonj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jordonj
Member since 2010 • 1069 Posts
I haven't even finished the first Uncharted! I think that firstly Uncharted 2 peaked (hard to top it), and that maybe people have Uncharted fatigue...
Cedars65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Cedars65
Member since 2012 • 40 Posts
I have to disagree with those that think UC 3's plot wasn't as polished. UC 2 seemed to be the more cliche, lighthearted romp of the two stories. Lazarevic, while bad-ass, wasn't fleshed out at all. Marlow, on the other hand, seems like a smarter and more cunning "evil". We're not told that she's done horrible things, instead, we see her act like a total ****. Also, there was more of a consequence angle in UC 3 that was absent in the 2nd.
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#12 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
There was a lot of repetition in the third installment. How many times did I have to run from giant spiders? The ending was rushed and the story was built around set pieces. They also made it more cinematic than the past two which I can see why some people have a problem with it. I didn't really have that big a deal with that aspect although I wish the story was up to par if they go in that direction. Basically it was if Michael Bay did Indiana Jones. Shooting felt a bit weird in this installment too.
Soothsayer42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Soothsayer42
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Kinda preferred UC2. The plot seems more interesting than the 3rd. I can't wait to see ND next project, The Last Of Us :P

munkeypoo45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 munkeypoo45
Member since 2008 • 3221 Posts

i preferred UC2. but it was still a great game. but i personally felt like it was either rushed or there wasnt much time for polishing cause there are much more glitches and random bugs than UC2.

ispeakfact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ispeakfact
Member since 2011 • 5317 Posts
Was the best in the series, actually.
Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

I dont get why so many people are dissappointed with the game it is nearly perfect in every aspect and has the best graphics for a ps3 game. I think it sets up an Uncharted 4 perfectly and if naughty dog do realease a new Uncharted game the only way it will fail if it is Uncharted kart racing. And The Last of Us looks awesome.

King_Diddy31

There you have it.

Uncharted 1 & 2 were perfectly enclosured stories within themself, they had their logic plotholes or not very deep characterization, but with THAT much what has been left out of the background of theUncharted 3"villains" they could fill up a whole entire new Uncharted 4 game. Sad way to go, they just followed the trend of Cliffhangers in Vieo games. Maybe we'll see Assassins Charted 1 someday.... ._.

Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
The overall gameplay just wasn't that good. Every single gunfight seemed to be Drake pinned down in an alleyway or in some enclosed ruins area. It just seemed to string these gunfights along one after another. The opening scripted action sequences with the young Drake were clunky at best and were not fun at all. I eventually quit playing cause it was just more frustration than anything. The best part of the game was when he was dealing with the pirates in the shipyard, etc. That was cool how they did that and really the only wow moments I had in the whole game. Everything else fell well short of the unique action and locales of 1 and 2. The story wasnt that engaging either. Just another sequel that I was disappointed in last year. 2011 was a year of highly overrated and disappointing sequels if you asked me. Infamous 2, Portal 2, and Motorstorm Apocalypse were the only ones I liked.
ez_moneymaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ez_moneymaker
Member since 2006 • 1211 Posts
I dont hate it. Just thought it could of been better. Didnt like the little twist in this one like the first two. I do like the multiplayer more in this one but dont play that anyways. It was a little boring to me. Didnt really have that omg moment for me. The little surprises in the 2nd was overplayed in the 3rd. Great game though. Just not as good as 2 to me.
Avatar image for Dark_Metamorphosis
Dark_Metamorphosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Dark_Metamorphosis
Member since 2003 • 13353 Posts

I thought it was great and wished it was longer

But then again I pretty much got it for free with my PS3 so if I payed $50 fot it I may have felt differently

But main complaint is still that it should have had another 5-6 chapters.

Roxas658

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Roxas658
Member since 2012 • 111 Posts
I liked all of them but I did feel that the story in U3 was a tad lacking in some places. I did love the improved melee controls though.
FriendlyFalcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FriendlyFalcon
Member since 2011 • 191 Posts

if the second game improved alot then the third game would have to catch up (uncharted). however if the second game was worse than the first then the third will be amazing(metal gear solid).

AJC3317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#22 AJC3317
Member since 2003 • 2546 Posts
is it hate to say that uncharted 2 is better than uncharted 3? cuz that's the simple truth. 3 is great, but 2 is just better
Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

is it hate to say that uncharted 2 is better than uncharted 3? cuz that's the simple truth. 3 is great, but 2 is just betterAJC3317

Nope, it's the simple truth

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#24 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

It's shorter than 2.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

The story for Uncharted 3 started off okay but went downhill quickly. Slow turtle paced campaign and just when it finally starts to get good, it's over. The whole game felt more like an interactive movie with all the pop up cutscenes. Uncharted 2's set pieces were way more exciting. Ducking train signals on top of a speeding train, dodging helicopter fire and gun toting goons was way more exciting than anything U3 threw at me. Plus Chloe's ass got smaller somehow.

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
I don't hate it, but I had some issues with it. They weren't terrible, but given Uncharted 1 and 2's nearly flawless quality, all the sore points stuck out tremendously. Loose threads, painfully difficult firefights, and other odd changes made this the weakest Uncharted for a lot of us.
ChgoPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ChgoPlayer
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I love Uncharted 3.
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts
im on chapter 8 and so far I think its meh. way too many non gameplay/ boring puzzles. And the graphics to me seems downgraded. This is odd becaue I thought the Beta back in the Summer was good looking.
grand17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#29 grand17
Member since 2007 • 2079 Posts
im getting kind of sick of playing the same games year after year so i didnt bother with uncharted 3. this gen is all about sequels which is pretty lame
Avatar image for looseyourself87
looseyourself87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 looseyourself87
Member since 2004 • 307 Posts

Uncharted 2's story was a lot better and well executed. 3 is amazing as well. The only thing that bothered me was that the story mode is pretty short....ended before it took pace. BUT... from the day i bought it which was the release day till this day i'm playing the multiplayer every single day.it's just plain addictive

dcelw540

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 dcelw540
Member since 2007 • 462 Posts

The 1st half was more puzzles and exploring and I was a bit bored and the puzzles were not done the greatest either but the 2nd half was a lot better but I hated placing the right spot of the worldf on the earth puzzle :(

jetjetjaguar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jetjetjaguar
Member since 2011 • 192 Posts
I liked it a lot on first play through but find it has little replay value. The explore, puzzle, then "oh my, they must have followed us!" shootouts got old after a while. Especially as the shootouts are not nearly as well done as I would have liked. Having tank-like humans show up late in each round is a very poor way of trying to build excitement. Having parts that you had to replay again and again until you found the perfect route was poor. I didn't care for the multiplayer or replaying the solo shoot outs. The co-op is another, fun to play through once experience. None of that would be a big deal if I had got the game cheap but for full price, play once and put it on the shelf doesn't cut it. My first play-through review would have been 8.5/10 but my final review is 7/10.
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

The 1st half was more puzzles and exploring and I was a bit bored and the puzzles were not done the greatest either but the 2nd half was a lot better but I hated placing the right spot of the worldf on the earth puzzle :(

dcelw540
lol i just did that. I think they rushed this game. but i hope you right about 2nd half of the game being better. My last saved point is when you meet up with Chole. Chapter 10 I think.
Avatar image for bleedvideogames
bleedvideogames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 bleedvideogames
Member since 2010 • 742 Posts

the only thing i hated was there there were so many water levels. i guess that was the story they were going for but i just hate water levels in games

cementface9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 cementface9
Member since 2004 • 1537 Posts

The Uncharted games, at best, are more than the sum of their parts. The first one was great. But for me, the charm wore off about half-way through the second one. The combat isn't as refined as most shooters. The platforming is strictly linear. And the "puzzles" are a complete joke. If the characters/set-pieces/scripted-sequences/overall presentation doesn't grip you, then the amount of game backing it all up might disappoint you. Increasing the difficulty helps a little. But only the combat is affected. And it doesn't do much to make the less-than-stellar shooting more satisfying. I'd say what I felt about the second game is finally catching up to the fanboys with Uncharted 3. Uncharted can't survive on gameplay alone.