• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MexicanNinja8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MexicanNinja8
Member since 2010 • 306 Posts

Why is everyone anticipating and wanting a psp2? It seems to me Sony will just keep going up by 1000's and possibly making another version of the Go,

so there is really no point for a psp2. What features do the people wanting a psp2 hoping for?

LovePotionNo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 LovePotionNo9
Member since 2010 • 4751 Posts
I agree. I believe the PSP is powerful enough to go through the next handheld generation, too. Its graphics are fine as is. I think we just need more support for the system we already own.
MexicanNinja8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MexicanNinja8

I agree. I believe the PSP is powerful enough to go through the next handheld generation, too. Its graphics are fine as is. I think we just need more support for the system we already own.LovePotionNo9

yes the only things they can really improve that cant really be fixed through an update is better graphics

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

[QUOTE="LovePotionNo9"]I agree. I believe the PSP is powerful enough to go through the next handheld generation, too. Its graphics are fine as is. I think we just need more support for the system we already own.MexicanNinja8

yes the only things they can really improve that cant really be fixed through an update is better graphics

Considering the PSP was overclocked a few years back (system running at the full 333 MHZ) there is only so much to do now. IMO Sony should release a successor to the PSP.There are so many improvements that could be made if there is a PSP2.

MexicanNinja8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MexicanNinja8

what improvements?

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jasonharris48

what improvements?

MexicanNinja8

Built in flash memory (while still having the option to use memory sticks), if possible dual analogs, better storage media (everyone knows UMD's weren't that great), increase in in ram, better CPU (yes the PSP was pretty good clocking in at 333Mhz), better GPU, maybe 4G capible service (or just overall improved online features), (all I can think of the ATM)

Now just for kicks lol a touch screen and 3D features

rubedisky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 rubedisky
Member since 2009 • 1024 Posts

[QUOTE="MexicanNinja8"]

what improvements?

jasonharris48

Built in flash memory (while still having the option to use memory sticks), if possible dual analogs, better storage media (everyone knows UMD's weren't that great), increase in in ram, better CPU (yes the PSP was pretty good clocking in at 333Mhz), better GPU, maybe 4G capible service (or just overall improved online features), (all I can think of the ATM)

thouch screen and 3D features= epic fail IMO
jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jasonharris48

[QUOTE="jasonharris48"]

[QUOTE="MexicanNinja8"]

what improvements?

rubedisky

That's why I said just for kicks. I personally wouldn't care if it was implemented well in the games. But if the PSP2 doesn't have 3D or a touch screen it wouldn't bother me.

rubedisky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rubedisky

[QUOTE="rubedisky"][QUOTE="jasonharris48"] Built in flash memory (while still having the option to use memory sticks), if possible dual analogs, better storage media (everyone knows UMD's weren't that great), increase in in ram, better CPU (yes the PSP was pretty good clocking in at 333Mhz), better GPU, maybe 4G capible service (or just overall improved online features), (all I can think of the ATM)

jasonharris48

That's why I said just for kicks. I personally wouldn't care if it was implemented well in the games. But if the PSP2 doesn't have 3D or a touch screen it wouldn't bother me.

I know but it would ignore me for the following reasons : 1) you pay for this features and you 2) if this features will be added then you'll have to use them. I don't want to use 3D or touch screen feature. touchscreen would only add more scratches to the screen... this is all my opinion so no smart arse quotes against this post pls.
jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jasonharris48

[QUOTE="jasonharris48"]

[QUOTE="rubedisky"] thouch screen and 3D features= epic fail IMOrubedisky

I know but it would ignore me for the following reasons : 1) you pay for this features and you 2) if this features will be added then you'll have to use them. I don't want to use 3D or touch screen feature. touchscreen would only add more scratches to the screen... this is all my opinion so no smart arse quotes against this post pls.

Dude chill out there wasn't "smart ass quotes" made against the first time around lol

rubedisky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rubedisky

[QUOTE="rubedisky"][QUOTE="jasonharris48"] That's why I said just for kicks. I personally wouldn't care if it was implemented well in the games. But if the PSP2 doesn't have 3D or a touch screen it wouldn't bother me.

jasonharris48

Dude chill out there wasn't "smart ass quotes" made against the first time around lol

sorry it's just so hot here...
jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jasonharris48

[QUOTE="jasonharris48"]

[QUOTE="rubedisky"] I know but it would ignore me for the following reasons : 1) you pay for this features and you 2) if this features will be added then you'll have to use them. I don't want to use 3D or touch screen feature. touchscreen would only add more scratches to the screen... this is all my opinion so no smart arse quotes against this post pls.rubedisky

IT's cool, the heat can be a real pain.

MexicanNinja8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MexicanNinja8

Yes Dual analog sticks would be nice the flash memory maybe but 3d and touchscreen. No not even for kicks the psp scratches to easily now as it is

grove12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 grove12345
Member since 2003 • 895 Posts

what improvements? MexicanNinja8

Forgive me for saying this. But thats a dumb question.

And i hope Sony isnt asking that.

Why upgrade a PC? Why make a 360? or PS 3?

Seriously the changes that a PSP 2 should have, out number the answers to all 3 of those questions.

Not just sharper graphics, but overall better quality of games. And seriously why wouldnt people want dual analog. Play Armored Core on the ancient PS1 and play it on PSP.... rather play it on PS1.

Better security against pirating, better online gameplay (not adhoc BS), obvious better graphics, better AI, online Apps, phone (?), alot more. Basically bring the PSP up to speed. Multipurpose electronics have grown alot the past few years.

Stop being so closed minded.

Luckily i do forsee Sony stepping up, since the 3DS will outperfom the PSP in every department. I think the PSP2 will be announced one 3ds is about to go gold. That way Sony can have a leg up on Nintendo.

winnazdaluza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 winnazdaluza
Member since 2004 • 973 Posts

grove 12345 hit the nail on the head,the current smartphones in the market released this month alone all sport 1ghtz processors, 720 p hd recording ,, 5mp or highercameras large storage space and access to a wide variety of apps and games through their online market. The psp is meant to be a portable entertainment machine.They seem to be beat by smartphones now in everything except gamming.

There is still alot of stufff that can be done, if they think there is not, then there is a problem.I feel bad that there isnt much competition in this market seeing as the ds and psp seem to kind of adopt an attitude that they each serve diffrent market types.this makes them comfortable and resistant to change.(Doesnt explain why the ds has been constantly trying in leaps and bounds to better it self while the psp's development as been pretty much a slow steady low angle ramp to the top)

we need to see the fierce competition in the smartphoen industry trnsferred to the handheld industry.Id like to see Microsoft enter the industry, their target audience is much similar to the psp audience , and thus we can be sure to see a battle ensue that we the consumers can enjoy.

kipohippo021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#16 kipohippo021
Member since 2010 • 3895 Posts

[QUOTE="rubedisky"][QUOTE="jasonharris48"] Dude chill out there wasn't "smart ass quotes" made against the first time around lol

jasonharris48

get a/c.

damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 damann22
Member since 2004 • 7655 Posts

grove 12345 hit the nail on the head,the current smartphones in the market released this month alone all sport 1ghtz processors, 720 p hd recording ,, 5mp or highercameras large storage space and access to a wide variety of apps and games through their online market. The psp is meant to be a portable entertainment machine.They seem to be beat by smartphones now in everything except gamming.

There is still alot of stufff that can be done, if they think there is not, then there is a problem.I feel bad that there isnt much competition in this market seeing as the ds and psp seem to kind of adopt an attitude that they each serve diffrent market types.this makes them comfortable and resistant to change.(Doesnt explain why the ds has been constantly trying in leaps and bounds to better it self while the psp's development as been pretty much a slow steady low angle ramp to the top)

we need to see the fierce competition in the smartphoen industry trnsferred to the handheld industry.Id like to see Microsoft enter the industry, their target audience is much similar to the psp audience , and thus we can be sure to see a battle ensue that we the consumers can enjoy.

winnazdaluza

Exactly...there are so many phones and now the 3DS that are faster then the current psp, and making another current iteration would still put it third class to everything else. Its time for sony to make a psp2 if it even wants to say in the gaming handheld business.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jasonharris48

[QUOTE="jasonharris48"]

[QUOTE="rubedisky"] sorry it's just so hot here...kipohippo021

get a/c.

Maybe he doesn't want to run his a/c.

DespizingU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DespizingU
Member since 2007 • 43 Posts
I honestly didn't even know they're making a PSP2. Hopefully this one will have more support. PSP has pretty much become a forgotten handheld.
jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jasonharris48

I honestly didn't even know they're making a PSP2. Hopefully this one will have more support. PSP has pretty much become a forgotten handheld.DespizingU
Forgotten handheld? It sold pretty well for a non Nintendo handheld. Also if I remember correctly it is still selling more than the PS3 and Xbox 360.

IvanElk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 IvanElk
Member since 2008 • 3798 Posts

[QUOTE="DespizingU"]I honestly didn't even know they're making a PSP2. Hopefully this one will have more support. PSP has pretty much become a forgotten handheld.jasonharris48

Forgotten handheld? It sold pretty well for a non Nintendo handheld. Also if I remember correctly it is still selling more than the PS3 and Xbox 360.

Of course they are building a psp2. After the 3ds what incentive is there going to be to buy a psp? UMD's are probably the biggest fail since hd dvd's. There is one analog stick and frankly 99% of all fps's suck for it. Sure you could make the argument it was the better console this past gen, but they didn't push it enough. (the amount of DS's sold I am sure could build 5 empire state buildings if not more) And with the 3ds already announced unless they make a new console there is almost no reason anyone with half a brain would buy a psp right now. If they made Chrono Cross however... damn I would go buy 5 copies and a few psp's.
rubedisky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 rubedisky
[QUOTE="jasonharris48"]

[QUOTE="DespizingU"]I honestly didn't even know they're making a PSP2. Hopefully this one will have more support. PSP has pretty much become a forgotten handheld.IvanElk

Of course they are building a psp2. After the 3ds what incentive is there going to be to buy a psp? UMD's are probably the biggest fail since hd dvd's. There is one analog stick and frankly 99% of all fps's suck for it. Sure you could make the argument it was the better console this past gen, but they didn't push it enough. (the amount of DS's sold I am sure could build 5 empire state buildings if not more) And with the 3ds already announced unless they make a new console there is almost no reason anyone with half a brain would buy a psp right now. If they made Chrono Cross however... damn I would go buy 5 copies and a few psp's.

let's just wait how to games will look first and see if no one gets a head ache of it. I have to say that there will come some interesting games on the 3ds. Anyways I hope I don't have to buy it.
Lanbeforetime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Lanbeforetime
Member since 2010 • 118 Posts

[QUOTE="DespizingU"]I honestly didn't even know they're making a PSP2. Hopefully this one will have more support. PSP has pretty much become a forgotten handheld.jasonharris48

Hey i said no Smart ass remarks or else I'd start crying over my inability to understand what was going on.

Nickprovs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Nickprovs
Member since 2008 • 1199 Posts

Regarding PSP2 VS 3DS- I'll always go with the PSP, because the DS is just a haven for RPG fans, rarley backed by any other good games from any other category. The only hit title game announced so far for th 3DS is a MGS game. But with it's crappy control scheme and touch screen implements that will most likely fail. The PSP's have always been more of a portable home console than a handheld. With its capabilities to listen to music, download videos, download full games, get content from your computer in an easy way, etc. These were all the things nintendo has been restricting. Why? Because the DS is marketed to a younger audience, sure it's still fun to play at any age, but the games are usually low res, and crappy. I had a DS and believe me their library is almost as crappy as the psp, except they have more crappy games, simple is that.

And I highly doubt any of this will change with the next gen handhelds. But the only thing we can hope for is for Sony to properly market their stuff in all of their selling countries not just Japan, and maybe just maybe we'll start getting more full-fledged content.

dovberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#25 dovberg
Member since 2009 • 3348 Posts

I'd be shocked if they didn't make a new PSP and this year was the first to not show off a new model of the PSP at E3 in some time so maybe something is just not ready to show. I'd be pretty happy if they did the same thing as they did last time around, be more media friendly, better graphics, etc.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jasonharris48

[QUOTE="jasonharris48"]

[QUOTE="DespizingU"]I honestly didn't even know they're making a PSP2. Hopefully this one will have more support. PSP has pretty much become a forgotten handheld.Lanbeforetime

Hey i said no Smart ass remarks or else I'd start crying over my inability to understand what was going on.

Oh I apologize haha.

deejaypsp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deejaypsp
Member since 2010 • 274 Posts
I'll agree with the issues of pure processing power on the current PSP. It is clocked to the maximum with no chance for upgrade save for a new hardware iteration. With the current line of smartphones sporting the 1gig processors, and dual-core phones on the way in the near future, there is so much more potential a PSP2 could provide. Seamless multitasking, games with no lag and better graphics, enhanced web browsing, the list goes on...
Nickprovs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Nickprovs
Member since 2008 • 1199 Posts

Almost forgot, we need flash :((((, like really bad for.. youtube.. yeah.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
Agreed. The go is a fail.
Garfiun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Garfiun
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Id like to see better graphics, game support and better security against piracy.
hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

wow..too many Drama Queen here.

I rather you guys think for the gaming future.

jasonharris48, very well say

JohnnyWPSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#33 JohnnyWPSP
Member since 2009 • 1895 Posts

If there is gonna be a PSP2 in the near future, ill just hope its backwards compatible.

Animatronic64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Animatronic64
Member since 2010 • 3971 Posts

The analog stick sucks so much, and it needs another one.

MexicanNinja8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MexicanNinja8

i do agree that dual or atleast a better analog would be great, graphics improved would be nice, and yes youtube flash = WIN

DaAlienMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#36 DaAlienMan
Member since 2008 • 1076 Posts

Animatronic64
it's not a stick its a nub lol, and two is needed obviously...
Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#37 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

Why is everyone anticipating and wanting a psp2? It seems to me Sony will just keep going up by 1000's and possibly making another version of the Go,

so there is really no point for a psp2. What features do the people wanting a psp2 hoping for?

MexicanNinja8

The PSP truly is an amazing devices!. It excites Coolyfett knowing all the special things you can do with it. As for the PSP 4G, as stated on other threads by the unstoppable Coolyfett, major push for the PSP 4G is basically the effect of the other handheld being announced. Fans of the Sony brand would like for Sony to compete. The PSP community is a rather impatient one. The other handheld has gamers anxious and nervous. Coolyfett suggests that the PSP community relax and wait quietly while the Sony firm plans their attack. The dust will eventually settle. The PSP 3000 is not the last of the PSP systems.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#38 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

[QUOTE="MexicanNinja8"] what improvements? grove12345

Forgive me for saying this. But thats a dumb question.

And i hope Sony isnt asking that.

Why upgrade a PC? Why make a 360? or PS 3?

Seriously the changes that a PSP 2 should have, out number the answers to all 3 of those questions.

Not just sharper graphics, but overall better quality of games. And seriously why wouldnt people want dual analog. Play Armored Core on the ancient PS1 and play it on PSP.... rather play it on PS1.

Better security against pirating, better online gameplay (not adhoc BS), obvious better graphics, better AI, online Apps, phone (?), alot more. Basically bring the PSP up to speed. Multipurpose electronics have grown alot the past few years.

Stop being so closed minded.

Luckily i do forsee Sony stepping up, since the 3DS will outperfom the PSP in every department. I think the PSP2 will be announced one 3ds is about to go gold. That way Sony can have a leg up on Nintendo.

Your logic makes consideral sense to Coolyfett, Although the phrase "close minded" is a bit harsh. Seeing the point of view from both sides of the golden coin is something we should at least attempt. Does the PSP really NEED to uprade or reboot? Should the actions of the other firm control what Sony does? It is safe to say that Sony does have some experiece on the matter. After all they were rather victorious in Gen 5 & Gen 6. Many gamers have just purchased a PSP 3000. Would beinteresting to see how Sony would cater to fresh 3000 owners vs older 1000 'owners...We should enjoy our PSPs in the mean time. Stop letting reviews tell YOU what to play and get out there and experiment.

Animatronic64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Animatronic64
[QUOTE="Animatronic64"]

DaAlienMan

Yeah, I think they need to be wider and a little taller. Either way, there's something that Sony didn't do right. It's possible to make that analog nub feel a lot better. It's so annoying and awkwardly placed.
DaAlienMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DaAlienMan

[QUOTE="DaAlienMan"][QUOTE="Animatronic64"]

Animatronic64

Yeah, I think they need to be wider and a little taller. Either way, there's something that Sony didn't do right. It's possible to make that analog nub feel a lot better. It's so annoying and awkwardly placed.

I don't know how the placing would be fixed but for my hands it feels like it should be where the down button on the dpad is. plus it feels kinda like velcro to me

OpenCloset

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 OpenCloset
Member since 2010 • 124 Posts
For the PSP to beat the 3DS i think it should turn into a phone. Thats the only the the 3DS isnt.
Animatronic64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Animatronic64

[QUOTE="Animatronic64"][QUOTE="DaAlienMan"]

it's not a stick its a nub lol, and two is needed obviously...DaAlienMan

I don't know how the placing would be fixed but for my hands it feels like it should be where the down button on the dpad is. plus it feels kinda like velcro to me

Screw the d-pad. It doesn't really need it.
DaAlienMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DaAlienMan
[QUOTE="Animatronic64"][QUOTE="DaAlienMan"]

Yeah, I think they need to be wider and a little taller. Either way, there's something that Sony didn't do right. It's possible to make that analog nub feel a lot better. It's so annoying and awkwardly placed. Animatronic64

do you even know how many people would complain if they did this haha xP
MexicanNinja8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MexicanNinja8

Yeah, I think they need to be wider and a little taller.

THATS WHAT SHE SAID haha just to good to pass up

rubedisky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 rubedisky

[QUOTE="Animatronic64"][QUOTE="DaAlienMan"] I don't know how the placing would be fixed but for my hands it feels like it should be where the down button on the dpad is. plus it feels kinda like velcro to me

DaAlienMan

haha yeah 2 analog stick on the left of psp is awful. But i don't like the analog stick of the psp, your thumbs will hurt afther playing a few hours.... I think the 3DS move pad or whatever it's called will be much more comfortable but on the other hand, it looks pretty ugly.. :P

Animatronic64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Animatronic64

[QUOTE="DaAlienMan"][QUOTE="Animatronic64"]

Screw the d-pad. It doesn't really need it. rubedisky

haha yeah 2 analog stick on the left of psp is awful. But i don't like the analog stick of the psp, your thumbs will hurt afther playing a few hours.... I think the 3DS move pad or whatever it's called will be much more comfortable but on the other hand, it looks pretty ugly.. :P

No, I don't want 2 analog sticks to the left of it. I just want a bigger analog stick. Getting rid of the d-pad will clear up a lot of room.
DaAlienMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DaAlienMan
[QUOTE="Animatronic64"][QUOTE="rubedisky"]

do you even know how many people would complain if they did this haha xPDaAlienMan

No, I don't want 2 analog sticks to the left of it. I just want a bigger analog stick. Getting rid of the d-pad will clear up a lot of room.

I don't want two sticks on my psp, i want two nubs
Animatronic64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Animatronic64

[QUOTE="Animatronic64"][QUOTE="rubedisky"] haha yeah 2 analog stick on the left of psp is awful. But i don't like the analog stick of the psp, your thumbs will hurt afther playing a few hours.... I think the 3DS move pad or whatever it's called will be much more comfortable but on the other hand, it looks pretty ugly.. :P

DaAlienMan

I don't want two sticks on my psp either, i want two nubs

-_- The nubs are still considered analog sticks, it doesn't matter if it doesn't "stick out" like your a Dual Shock 3.

DaAlienMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DaAlienMan

[QUOTE="DaAlienMan"][QUOTE="Animatronic64"] No, I don't want 2 analog sticks to the left of it. I just want a bigger analog stick. Getting rid of the d-pad will clear up a lot of room. Animatronic64

I don't want two sticks on my psp either, i want two nubs

-_- The nubs are still considered analog sticks, it doesn't matter if it doesn't "stick out" like your a Dual Shock 3.

ik but nubs sounds so sexy, you can't deny it. And when i think of sticks i think of a tree lol. It is the analog nub tho and i'm almost 75% sure of it :P
Animatronic64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Animatronic64
[QUOTE="Animatronic64"]

[QUOTE="DaAlienMan"] I don't want two sticks on my psp either, i want two nubsDaAlienMan

ik but nubs sounds so sexy, you can't deny it. And when i think of sticks i think of a tree lol. It is the analog nub tho and i'm almost 75% sure of it :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analog_stick That is what the "analog nub" is. If I had wanted an analog stick of the sort you were thinking of, don't you think I would have specified that?