Who's not into the Uncharted?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

enz2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 enz2
Member since 2007 • 1689 Posts

It can't be just me who's not into the series at all? :|

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

are you into the Jak series instead?

enz2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 enz2

No, should I?

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
I like it, but I don't see it as a second coming like majority of other PS3 players do. In fact, to me it's just Call of Duty but with a bit tighter level design and somewhat interesting non-shooting segments.
matthova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 198

#5 matthova
Member since 2008 • 199 Posts

:PYou must be crazy. Uncharted 1 & 2 ...well mostly 2 is one of the best games around!!!

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#6 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

I really like these games, but I normally wait until they go down in price before buying thme. Plus I have skyrim to play.

enz2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 enz2

:PYou must be crazy. Uncharted 1 & 2 ...well mostly 2 is one of the best games around!!!

matthova
I must be, I just can't get into the games. Oh well.
killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

No, should I?

enz2

hmmm, Naughty Dog hater?

SkyeCupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 SkyeCupid
Member since 2005 • 3970 Posts

I only played the second one. I can see why people enjoy it and I can clearly see the high production value in the level design, graphics, and cutscenes. However, the gameplay I found wasn't totally stellar. Go cover to cover, pop up, shoot enemies with weapons that aren't all that satisfying. Rinse and repeat. Short platforming section, more shooting enemies, more platforming.All of this though is in a linear level design.It seemed to drag on and on.

The platforming for me didn't seem too exciting. Different games for different folks I guess!

enz2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 enz2

[QUOTE="enz2"]

No, should I?

killerband55

hmmm, Naughty Dog hater?

Didn't even know Naughty Dog were the developers for that series.
daiyume

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 daiyume
Member since 2011 • 324 Posts

Never played any of it. If its anything like RE4 though, I think I may like it due to the RPG elements. Its just one of those games I haven't bothered looking up for some reason, especially when I still have a tremendous backlog I haven't completed.

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts
I was the same way, couldn't get into playing it but loved watching my buddy play it and following the story.
Funky_Connor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Funky_Connor
Member since 2011 • 417 Posts

Who ISN'T into Uncharted? It's one of the best series ever made.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

I couldn't stand the 1st game at all. That said, I thought the 2nd was pretty good overall. Though, the last boss battle was horrible, and even the last level was kind of random. I think Elena is an incredibly annoying character and hope she doesn't come back for the 3rd. Overall, the 2nd game was actually a lot of fun and felt like a mix of Indiana Jones and National Tresure, which just equals awesomeness. I feel like if the amazing graphics weren't so amazing not as many people would be praising the game since it isn't a revolutionary shooter. Still, it was very fun and I still play it here and there.

Now, the mp beta for the 3rd was horrible, yes horrible. Granted, that was the beginning of summer so I'm not using that to actually judge the game. I'm all about the sp first in Uncharted so I have no doubt it'll also be as fun or more than the 2nd.

As a whole, I don't think the series is an elite series, at least not yet (the 3rd can easily turn it into one).

EDIT: ok, I take back a lot of what I just said as I watched the review for U3 and it reminded me of how awesome U2 was/is. U3 looks pretty great and if it wasn't for Skryim coming out in 3 weeks I'd have U3 day 1.

hkymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#15 hkymike
Member since 2003 • 2425 Posts
How can't you be into Uncharted? Turning into the best franchise
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#16 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
im not terribly interested in it. the constant praise of "it plays like an indiana jones movie, bro!" is more of a deterrent to me. this whole games-trying-to-be-movies thing is kind of disheartening. id rather it play like a good game.
Whale_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Whale_
Member since 2010 • 331 Posts

You're not interested because you don't care or you think the game series is horrible?

0diN_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 0diN_7
Member since 2010 • 1061 Posts
I like it, but I don't see it as a second coming like majority of other PS3 players do. In fact, to me it's just Call of Duty but with a bit tighter level design and somewhat interesting non-shooting segments.funsohng
I don't get it. Call of Duty and Uncharted, besides firing weapoons, aren't really the same. Anyways, I played the second one and thought it was pretty good. I'll be getting the third one but I'm not as excited about it as I am other games.
-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
im not, theres just something about it that keeps me pushed away, i get this weird vibe from it being 3rd person and a tomb raider type game and i cant get over it, soem day i'll buy the 2 pack and try it out maybe
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#20 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

You're not interested because you don't care or you think the game series is horrible?

Whale_
assuming this is directed at me, im not interested because it doesnt look particularly good.
H_M_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 H_M_1
Member since 2011 • 1150 Posts
Brilliant games, but for me, MGS4 is the best PS3 game this gen, just my opinion though.
BdogTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 BdogTheGamer
Member since 2009 • 675 Posts

It can't be just me who's not into the series at all? :|

enz2
You're not alone, I don't like them that much either. Never really understood why people liked the games so much =/
Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

No interest in the series at all, played Uncharted 2 for a bit but never finished it.

Megadeth_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Megadeth_basic
Member since 2002 • 1045 Posts

I've made some progress in Uncharted 1...but it's been frustrating. I pushed myself thinking the game would be over soon, and I wasn't even close. Story is definitely much longer than the average game. I picked up uncharted 2 and its still in the plastic. I will not open it until the 1st is done.

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

i played the first and some of the 2nd and while i do feel the are excellent, they are also wildly over-hyped at the same time. Greatest game ever? yeah not in my book.

Patriks7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Patriks7
Member since 2009 • 44 Posts

I'll let you know once I play Uncharted 3. I think I'm one of the rare people who hasn't even tried the game yet :D even though I have had the 2nd one at home for about a year now...

H_M_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 H_M_1
Member since 2011 • 1150 Posts

i played the first and some of the 2nd and while i do feel the are excellent, they are also wildly over-hyped at the same time. Greatest game ever? yeah not in my book.

Gen007
Fair enough. This isn't directed at you, but a game series like cod which is a pile of poo gets hyped a lot in my opinion.
Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 Sweetbackhair
Member since 2007 • 2959 Posts
Never played them so I can't say that much, but I always wanted to try them just didn't get the chance to.
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

Most people that play the series all the way through like the games. Its very rare to find someone that didn't like the series and actually played both games from start to finish. This is the advantage of reviewers because MOST of the time they have to play the game to the end before they start wrting about it and therefore can critique it properly.

Avatar image for phantom_blade66
phantom_blade66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#30 phantom_blade66
Member since 2009 • 930 Posts
I like it, but I don't see it as a second coming like majority of other PS3 players do. In fact, to me it's just Call of Duty but with a bit tighter level design and somewhat interesting non-shooting segments.funsohng
Yes because Call of Duty is a third person shooter with memorable witty characters, detailed scenery, and history background? Nope.