Who was impressed with No Man's Sky?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

Poll Who was impressed with No Man's Sky? (36 votes)

Yes, but I need to see more 89%
Nope, just another FPS in a Space Ship 8%

I have to say that I was a little overwhelmed with I saw. I know the games needs a little graphical polish and we haven't really seen all of the gameplay mechanics, but from the little that was shown I was impressed.

• 
Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Really ?

Seemed like a giant gimmick to me....

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

I was impressed with the seamlessness of going in and out of worlds, and the whole aspect of what was going on was great, but I just want to know what exactly is it, am I just going round discovering the worlds, I've seen that same colour palette is there different types, is it going to be one big mess when you consider that they ain't got a clue what's out there themselves so i guess they've designed it on random planet creators i'd just love to know, I do like how everyone will be on a completely different world, but does that mean we'll all be in the same universe because surely there will be different servers

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Really ?

Seemed like a giant gimmick to me....

I think those days are over, gaming companies know they got to come with the real deal nowadays!

sagejonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 sagejonathan
Member since 2011 • 519 Posts

I was really interested. But I definitely need to see more. It was definitely innovative.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MarcRecon

@bezza2011 said:

I was impressed with the seamlessness of going in and out of worlds, and the whole aspect of what was going on was great, but I just want to know what exactly is it, am I just going round discovering the worlds, I've seen that same colour palette is there different types, is it going to be one big mess when you consider that they ain't got a clue what's out there themselves so i guess they've designed it on random planet creators i'd just love to know, I do like how everyone will be on a completely different world, but does that mean we'll all be in the same universe because surely there will be different servers

There are a few videos on youtube that give you some of the basics, It seems that exploration, mining and survival are at the core of the game. And I'm guessing that there will be some flight combat as well!!

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MarcRecon

@sagejonathan said:

I was really interested. But I definitely need to see more. It was definitely innovative.

Yeah, for the game to perform so well with no slow downs or loading screens was very impressive! Hopefully sony or the developer will give us more details now that the game has a lot of buzz behind it.

scotty992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By scotty992
Member since 2005 • 2388 Posts

Looks really interesting.

H_M_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 H_M_1
Member since 2011 • 1150 Posts

Not seen the trailer but whenever I think of these types of games, I think about Dust 514. That was one big flop in my opinion. Off topic, Bloodbourne looks nice :)

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#9 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

IT was already revealed at last years VGX

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

I need to see more. The vibrant colors look great but it seem to be there to attempt to disguise detail environments. Like the dirt look wash out vs seeing detail grains and the cockpit look bland inside ship. The explosions also didn't look great with lack of a lot of particle effect and debris disappeared soon as object exploded.

These are the realistic things you see in AAA games and why indie shouldn't take over the market. It doesn't mean the game will not play well but the more you pay attention you will notice the lack of polish graphics.

I am like a lot of people these days. Trailers don't impress me anymore. I want to see hands on demos impressions or me actually playing the game myself. Trailers are suppose to give you the best visuals to impress you.

mother_farter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 mother_farter
Member since 2003 • 16676 Posts

I wasn't really that excited about it but I saw that it had some potential. On paper it sounds good but the game looks like it would bore me fairly quickly.

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#12 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts

I was more impressed by that than anything else at this years E3, I have been researching as much as I can since, and if they succed at even half of their ambition I will get lost it in it for months. Of course I am a pretty big sci fi nerd, and hope it really is that seamless.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

I was pleasantly surprised, will play. Excellent sci-fi goodness to be seen by all!

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MarcRecon

@mattykovax said:

I was more impressed by that than anything else at this years E3, I have been researching as much as I can since, and if they succed at even half of their ambition I will get lost it in it for months. Of course I am a pretty big sci fi nerd, and hope it really is that seamless.

Could you imagine if Mass effect had those flight mechanics, it would be the ultimate sci fi game!

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I must say that game did more than impress me. I'm not a fan of indie games but damn....

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MarcRecon

@ewalthour said:

I need to see more. The vibrant colors look great but it seem to be there to attempt to disguise detail environments. Like the dirt look wash out vs seeing detail grains and the cockpit look bland inside ship. The explosions also didn't look great with lack of a lot of particle effect and debris disappeared soon as object exploded.

These are the realistic things you see in AAA games and why indie shouldn't take over the market. It doesn't mean the game will not play well but the more you pay attention you will notice the lack of polish graphics.

I am like a lot of people these days. Trailers don't impress me anymore. I want to see hands on demos impressions or me actually playing the game myself. Trailers are suppose to give you the best visuals to impress you.

I'd gladly choose great gameplay over graphics any day.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

@MarcRecon said:

@bezza2011 said:

There are a few videos on youtube that give you some of the basics, It seems that exploration, mining and survival are at the core of the game. And I'm guessing that there will be some flight combat as well!!

Will check them out. but overall cannot wait to play more.

dipdish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By dipdish
Member since 2008 • 876 Posts

It's inspiring, enchanting, amazing. I can talk about it all day. I'm very excited for it. But of course bro-dude COD crowd won't understand me.

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#19 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts

@MarcRecon said:

@mattykovax said:

Could you imagine if Mass effect had those flight mechanics, it would be the ultimate sci fi game!

That would be kind of sweet.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

Not me.

it looks just like another indie wank

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MarcRecon

@dipdish said:

It's inspiring, enchanting, amazing. I can talk about it all day. I'm very excited for it. But of course bro-dude COD crowd won't understand me.

lol....I'm one of those dudes "BUT" I clearly understand what you are saying!! That's the reason I'm really high on this game because I want a change of pace, I still love my shooters but No Man's Sky would give me a much needed break from that platform.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MarcRecon

@ShepardCommandr said:

Not me.

it looks just like another indie wank

I love the Brits but you guys kill me when you use the word "WANK" !!! lol

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hrt_rulz01  Online
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

It definitely has gained my attention... I will be keeping an eye on it from now on for sure.

NP3trOp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By NP3trOp
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

The worlds look generic. That's what happens when you have an algorithm creating worlds instead of a human.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#25 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

It seems very ambitious and it caught my attention after somewhat understanding what it's supposed to be. I have a feeling it won't live up to its expectations, but I'm still keeping an eye on it.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#26 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

yes and i don't need to see any more :P it was my favorite showing at E3 and i just want to play it.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

Yeah the demos look super cool so far.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MarcRecon

@np3trop said:

The worlds look generic. That's what happens when you have an algorithm creating worlds instead of a human.

it's still in it's early stages, so we will see.

JimmiCottam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JimmiCottam
Member since 2012 • 105 Posts

One to watch; if it can deliver what has already been mentioned then I believe it will be very good. Proof, however, will be in the pudding.

yixingtpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By yixingtpot
Member since 2005 • 1484 Posts

didn't see enough to find the concept worthy, all I saw in the trailer was planets, creatures and cheap looking spaceships. If they had shown customizable characters, gear and specific interactions with the worlds maybe I'd find it more compelling, but all they alluded to was that you can upgrade your cheap spaceships.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31  Edited By deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts

Yes, it looks great. However, I'm not sold on it actually having enough fun content to be a great game. It looks incredibly huge, beautiful, and ambitious, but also looks like it might be extremely shallow.

ivo_ree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 ivo_ree
Member since 2014 • 121 Posts

This game is just so beautiful, I don't know how I can describe it. Its a very nice looking game, I just hope it can live up to its expectations.

Tokeism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Tokeism
Member since 2006 • 2365 Posts

It does look impressive, hopefully the final version is every better and lives up to every dream and expectation

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34  Edited By MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

the premise is very intriguing and i do love to explore in a game, so yes i was very impressed with it, i do like the artwork quite a lot as well...

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MarcRecon

@yixingtpot said:

didn't see enough to find the concept worthy, all I saw in the trailer was planets, creatures and cheap looking spaceships. If they had shown customizable characters, gear and specific interactions with the worlds maybe I'd find it more compelling, but all they alluded to was that you can upgrade your cheap spaceships.

That was actual gameplay.

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts

It looks interesting. But I'm going to have some reservations until I actually see someone playing it, and going from space to ground.

DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

Looked cool but I probably would not buy it.