Who likes Demon's Souls?

• 99 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WolfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 WolfGrey
Member since 2004 • 3799 Posts

I this is a one of a kind truly challenging game, i love playing it.Who else out there loves it?

Im a dual dagger wielding poison freak with a hide spell to boot.Oh and both my daggers are fully maxed out mercury secret daggers.Typically second hit poisons :D without fail.lvl 190

Unknown_Hero3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Unknown_Hero3
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

Well my brothers shipped in yesterday and I've been watching him.

But its too hard for him so i havn't scene much of it yet :P

Keir21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#3 Keir21
Member since 2006 • 5918 Posts
Here here, great game.
nynthninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 nynthninja
Member since 2003 • 1311 Posts
Its out....ITS OUT when did it come out (im house sitting in the biddle of bufu nowhere no stores around)
WolfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 WolfGrey

Well my brothers shipped in yesterday and I've been watching him.

But its too hard for him so i havn't scene much of it yet :P

Unknown_Hero3
Lol poor guy. You gonna give it a try? Btw some hints.The first time you play, play as a wanderer.Gives you handle of blocking and rolling quickly,good attack ability too,Im a thief but thats just my style.Also learning to parry will help alot too on blue knights and minions.Also tell him that red knights are bad and too not go near any til he is much higher lvl lol.
WolfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 WolfGrey
Its out....ITS OUT when did it come out (im house sitting in the biddle of bufu nowhere no stores around)nynthninja
I imported it months ago.Been enjoying playing with americans,japs, and chinese for a while now.Pretty good players too.
GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts
I would probably either like it if it were in the US already, or I would hate it because of me easily being frustrated. LMAO.
rangegear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 rangegear
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts

It looks awesome and ill deffinatly have to break into my neighbors house(Who owns a PS3) and Play it.(That and God of war 3)

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I do.

Can't wait for my Deluxe edition to ship out in October. I got the Deluxe because I'm a baller like that.

Hutchy4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Hutchy4
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Not for breakfast

nynthninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nynthninja
hows it stack up to kings field? Its supposed to be a spirtual sucessor so says the creator (i know its changed to third person)
Unknown_Hero3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Unknown_Hero3
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

I do.

Can't wait for my Deluxe edition to ship out in October. I got the Deluxe because I'm a baller like that.

yokofox33

baller shacaller?

My bro pre-order his deluxe edition and it going to give this asia version to me :D

WolfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 WolfGrey
hows it stack up to kings field? Its supposed to be a spirtual sucessor so says the creator (i know its changed to third person)nynthninja
Its somewhat like kings field and certainly makes me think of it.But in all in all Demon's Souls is its own beast. Nvm that your player rating if you make it to a ranking spot actually keeps track of how many deaths you have had.Some of the best players are in the thousands for deaths.
WolfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 WolfGrey
I would probably either like it if it were in the US already, or I would hate it because of me easily being frustrated. LMAO.GodofBigMacs
Just learn to upgrade weapons early and learn quickly on fighting smart.You will be fine if you do that.
nynthninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nynthninja
tons o loot? Deep character dev? skill trees? throw me a boner
DaSaint93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#16 DaSaint93
Member since 2008 • 355 Posts
never played it looks hard
WolfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 WolfGrey
tons o loot? Deep character dev? skill trees? throw me a bonernynthninja
There is a few armor sets based on heavy and light armor.Some are freakin wicked like the gloom set of armor.While brushwood makes you look gigantic.Your lvl goes all the way up to 712.Your soul lvl goes up everytime you up a stat.So each stat raise is 1 soul lvl.However everytime you beat the game you go on to the next difficulty.So new game,new game+,new game++ and so on.But it never gets old.As you enter the next one you feel like a low lvl again.All of a suddent hose enemies that became so easy are now deadly as hell again.Each of your stats determine how your build is set up. As for skills spells and miracles make up that part.They go from conventional to downright deadly as hell.Some are a little unorthodox tough.As for characters there is alot of customization for them.You can even use a slider to make your male more feminine lol.There is alot you can do.Any other questions? Like weapons and such?
WolfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 WolfGrey
never played it looks hard DaSaint93
Its now considered one of the hardest ever.But stay with it and learn then it all becomes instinct.Doesnt mean you wont die though lol
nynthninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nynthninja
i cant wait i been dying for a new decent dungeon crawler i blasted open champs..now im on kingdom under fire i should be capped out by the time this comes in Oct Edit: whats the lvl cap?
WolfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 WolfGrey
i cant wait i been dying for a new decent dungeon crawler i blasted open champs..now im on kingdom under fire i should be capped out by the time this comes in Octnynthninja
Its the best dungeon crawler i have ever played.Just be prepared for many HOLY #$%$ moments.:D Like a dragon god that is as big as the empire state building actually having arms and punching you in the face with fists the size of a small neighborhood.
WolfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 WolfGrey
[QUOTE="nynthninja"]i cant wait i been dying for a new decent dungeon crawler i blasted open champs..now im on kingdom under fire i should be capped out by the time this comes in Oct Edit: whats the lvl cap?

712.they are caled soul lvls but it is until all your stats are fully maxed.once your stats are maxed you be lvl 712.So about 700 or so stat raises lol
nynthninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 nynthninja
nice how long do you think itll take to cap out
WolfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 WolfGrey
nice how long do you think itll take to cap outnynthninja
Well it took me a day to get to 80.But then it became much slower.So maybe a couple months.Though i wouldnt worry too much about it.Your probably gonna be too busy making new builds and messing around with different weapons.Since they all have different rankings and strength based on certain stats.
nynthninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 nynthninja
nice thats what i like to hear i spent a lot of time on 3 different characters in champs so im sure ill have a few on here
WolfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 WolfGrey
nice thats what i like to hear i spent a lot of time on 3 different characters in champs so im sure ill have a few on herenynthninja
Good good, ill be glad to kill*cough* i mean help you on there.Lol i play as a black phantom quite often to hunt unfortunate unprepared players down.Coming out of nowhere and shoving my dagger into their back and kick them into the ground.Then become somewhat invisible again or start running and fighting.My character is extremely fast so with dual daggers im quite deadly.Keep in mind though a dagger in the off hand you can only parry with.Though one of my favorite things to do is use hide and walk right next to them.Then when they are occupied or near a cliff, attack and watch them fall to their death.
AnthonyLuu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 AnthonyLuu
Member since 2004 • 665 Posts

have it pre ordered, can't wait to get it even though i don't know anything about it :D

WolfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 WolfGrey

have it pre ordered, can't wait to get it even though i don't know anything about it :D

AnthonyLuu
Just dont give up is the best advice i can give.Enjoy it :D
nynthninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 nynthninja
well ima preorder it when i get back to civilization ill be sure to add you on
WolfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 WolfGrey
well ima preorder it when i get back to civilization ill be sure to add you onnynthninja
Sounds good.
atxman06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 atxman06
Member since 2004 • 108 Posts

is the game only online based?

AnthonyLuu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AnthonyLuu
Member since 2004 • 665 Posts

my biggest concern is getting my damned ps3 fixed. 192 bucks after tax to send it to sony, part of that money was for demon's souls :cry:

WolfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 WolfGrey

atxman06
Yes and no.Its online at all times technically.You can see notes people have placed in the game that give hints to what is around or enemies.Those messages are constantly being updated or changed.Rating them makes the player who placed it there heal automatically.Also you are in your own world by yourself.Unless you summon someone using a blue soul sign on the ground.They like to place them either before a boss or at the start of a level.You can summon up to two at a time.They disapear once you beat the boss and go back to their worlds in full body.When they are summoned they are in soul form and at half hp.You can place them down too.Its a good way to gain souls to lvl with and to gain back your body.Also black phantoms can invade your games in ares that have a unbeaten boss.Their goal is to kill you and take your souls to get their body back.Just defeat those players to send them packin and to take their souls they have at the current time.Also bloodstains are constantly being updated.These show the last 10 seconds of a players life.They can be helpful too.I hope that explains abit.
Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts

aw yeah! definitely a really fun game.

bad_fur_day

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 bad_fur_day
Member since 2008 • 1988 Posts

This game beat the crap outta me and crushed my soul, I like it.

WolfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 WolfGrey

bad_fur_day
Roll with the pain lol
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#36 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

All I want is to handle this sword!

If the game gives me such a offer, I don't care how many times I die. :)

buckugly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 buckugly
Member since 2005 • 780 Posts

[QUOTE="atxman06"]

WolfGrey

Yes and no.Its online at all times technically.You can see notes people have placed in the game that give hints to what is around or enemies.Those messages are constantly being updated or changed.Rating them makes the player who placed it there heal automatically.Also you are in your own world by yourself.Unless you summon someone using a blue soul sign on the ground.They like to place them either before a boss or at the start of a level.You can summon up to two at a time.They disapear once you beat the boss and go back to their worlds in full body.When they are summoned they are in soul form and at half hp.You can place them down too.Its a good way to gain souls to lvl with and to gain back your body.Also black phantoms can invade your games in ares that have a unbeaten boss.Their goal is to kill you and take your souls to get their body back.Just defeat those players to send them packin and to take their souls they have at the current time.Also bloodstains are constantly being updated.These show the last 10 seconds of a players life.They can be helpful too.I hope that explains abit.

I think youre getting me a little too psyched up for this game.

nynthninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 nynthninja
[QUOTE="Sokol4ever"]

All I want is to handle this sword!

Beserker?!?! GUTS?! I love you even if you are a man
bad_fur_day

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 bad_fur_day

[QUOTE="bad_fur_day"]

WolfGrey

Roll with the pain lol

I lol'd. Seriously, I'm currently hiding from it on my Wii.

Mark my words though, I'll be back with a grudge. lol, and then it will probably kick my ass again.

Jettero-Heller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Jettero-Heller
Member since 2002 • 4289 Posts

So you absolutely have to have an internet connection to play it? Or no?? If that's the case then I'll get a connection. (I always post from work :oops:

bad_fur_day

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 bad_fur_day

Nope you don't need internet. It can be played totally offline. Though you miss some good online extra features and also a patch to adjust some things.

Avatar image for paperdollparade
paperdollparade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 paperdollparade
Member since 2007 • 1915 Posts

Im a dual dagger wielding poison freak with a hide spell to boot.Oh and both my daggers are fully maxed out mercury secret daggers.Typically second hit poisons :D without fail.lvl 190WolfGrey

I'm also playing as a thief but I'm going to start over since I want to change my build. Just curious though what are your stats on that character???

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts

So you absolutely have to have an internet connection to play it? Or no?? If that's the case then I'll get a connection. (I always post from work :oops:

Jettero-Heller

no, but there are many benefits to having an internet connection w/ demon's souls.

armorbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 armorbreaker
Member since 2008 • 489 Posts

*Raises hand*

I have a pure mage build lv 110 and playing through new game+ now, damn it's a lot harder.

Prince-Noctis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Prince-Noctis
Member since 2009 • 1271 Posts

I'm liking the look of it, looking forward to picking it up later in the year. Just wanted to note how damn unnatractive the North American box art is, shame I can't import it, I like to have a nice looking game collection.

AGMing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 AGMing
Member since 2003 • 1694 Posts

loving the game although im stuck at the moment :D gonna hit it hard after work tonight though :D

Dante_May_Die

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Dante_May_Die
Member since 2008 • 1505 Posts

I love this game so much but im such a noob im level 92 and still a noob im in NG+ currently and everyone is heck strong when i play in co-op these *** got awesome weapons and armors while all i got is this stupid Cresent Falcion +4 and the big wall shield thingy and i use the Dark Silver armor set TC can you help me to get something good for me im mostly a sword user and i need some good weapons also do you know where to get Pure clearstone?

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#48 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
I'm just waiting to pick up the SE Atlus edition.
NotAFurry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 NotAFurry
Member since 2003 • 6055 Posts

I haven't played it yet so I don't know if I like Demon's Souls, but I like short shorts.

AlienOverlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 AlienOverlord
Member since 2003 • 790 Posts
Some of the more interesting weapons can only be acquired by shifting world tendency towards dark or light. Shift it to dark by dying in human form over and over and shift it towards light by killing demons and black phantoms, particularly in human form (which is also more dangerous as dying will shift towards dark). Once an area is completely light or dark, secret areas open up where you can find new items.