who do i connect my USB logitech headset to my PS3??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bladewm09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bladewm09
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
So I've been having trouble with my Bluetooth wireless ear pieces with my mics not working even with my output set up to the right Bluetooth. I found this Logitech USB Logitech headset sitting around and I can't seem to be able to get it to work. I've tried to go to audio settings and set it up that way but I can't find it. Tried to go to my Manage Bluetooth devices and set it up to I can use USB devices but I can't seem to be able to figure this thing out...
demon-zer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 demon-zer0
Member since 2007 • 273 Posts

Depends on what would you like to do with the headset. If you plan to listen to music or use bt headset instead of a speaker set than it might be impossible since bt chip in PS3 doesn't support A2DP.

The only thing you can do with your headset is to listen to other peoples chat - source

If you'd like to listen to music however, you should connect your headset to PS3 Multi AV cable and enable multiple output in console menu.

bladewm09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bladewm09
Well sh*t i guess i'm SOL since i wanted to use it online but thanks anyway buddy
demon-zer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 demon-zer0

Yes, same for me... but if you like to use is wirelessly anyway, you can buy a Bluetooth Transmitter and connect it to PS3 Multi AV Cable (jack 3.5mm to RCA adapter needed).

bladewm09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bladewm09
Where do you think I can get one?? The only problem is i'm in Canada i dunno about you haha. Just name a few places and i'll see what i can do i guess. Thanks a lot
demon-zer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 demon-zer0

You can get all devices and peripherial you need from any auction type services, like amazon, ebay, gumtree, etc. Even most electronics or computer equipment shops offer Bluetooth Transmitters and cable adapters ;)

If you click on the yellow text it will open a new page with the equipment you need :)

bladewm09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bladewm09
ahhh sick awesome thanks a lot buddy!
demon-zer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 demon-zer0

I'm glad I could get helpful ^^

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts
i do not mean to confuse you, but as far as i know the ps3 does not support headsets over usb, they are supported by pcs... a2dp is only a protocol for transmitting stereo music over bluetooth, which is often implemented in the newer generation of cell phones to be used with wireless stereo bluetooth headsets, like the sony mw-600 i am using with my cellphone... it does not have anything to do with regular bluetooth data transmission, where you should be able to use a headset (mono) with a microphone... the op should be having problems with either the settings on the ps3 or a malfunctioning headset, if there is audio but no microphone feedback... i strongly advise to repair the headset with the ps3 and check for the accessory settings, where both input and output should be set to the headset...